EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

Thanks Goodtime, appreciate the support, especially from someone who has read just about everything I've said at one point or another and that I know is highly respected around here.  That was really out of left field.  Someone is being overly sensitive & reading things into words that aren't there.    It's a rebuilding year, big deal, it happens to every school at some time or another, is unavoidable in the publics for that matter.  :::shrug:::   Seems the "morale" problem is coming from this parent,  because the majority of the players are having a great time with each other as they always have.  Probably one of the closest teams on a personal/social level than any other out there. I'd be interested to see where I specifically talked about my own too because I'm 100% certain I have never talked about her specifically at all publically. Oh wait, there was the game last year where she missed the net a dozen times and hit the posts & crossbar about a dozen more times and I dumped on her for that, sorry, my bad.

Anyways, now that the negativity from that person has been dealt with, as for tonights venture over at Nobles against Dedham, here's to hoping that our  freshmen get in for a lot more playing time than they've had with as short as they are now on both sides of the ice.  They're all working their tailends off when they get their ice time, hopefully they are rewarded for that sooner rather later.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011:
    [QUOTE]1st time posting but I've been following the forum for awhile now.  A very big game on tap tonight pitting Norwood against Braintree at 4pm.  Norwood is currently undefeated and appears to be a legitimate favorate for the Bay State Herget title and is well stocked for a run at the Div 2 title.  They have very solid goaltending, a 1st line that can really score, and a quality defensive corps.  Braintree has not played up as well as I had thought they would, dropping games to Walpole, Milton and a tie with Barnstable.  It appears they are in a funk after they tied St. Mary's.
    Posted by ghockeydad[/QUOTE]

Ghockey, Norwood is looking scary good and anyone that was around last year and saw how strong they were with as young as they were then knew it was coming and it was going to be a pretty good 2-3 year run for them.  That team is going to be a force to be reckoned with for the next few years with their fate in their own hands. Surprised on the Braintree downturn as well, but heard that the 0-0 game vs. St. Mary's was similar to our game vs. A/B where Braintree was dominated on the puck possession/control but their goalie stood on her head and kept them in it.  They could have stolen one with how she played that night from what I've heard.  They are pretty strong and pretty deep though so am sure they will rebound with plenty of remaining games left to be played.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

[QUOTE]Saturday may be the first time in more than 3 years tha St Mary's may not be the favorite in a game when they Host Hingham.  I hope Hingham dosen't look past Duxbury, and if they keep their emotions under control they MAY have the upset ability on Saturday Night.
    Posted by Red-Light[/QUOTE]

Will the entire MIAA world of girls hockey outside of St. Mary's be rooting for Hingham in this one? I think so! Go Harborwomen!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Will the entire MIAA world of girls hockey outside of St. Mary's be rooting for Hingham in this one? I think so! Go Harborwomen!!!!!
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule[/QUOTE]

I believe the answer is a resounding YES.  They have been so good for so long, sorta like the NYY back when they were the evil empire.  Go Harborwomen!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyrules. Show hockeyrules's posts

n Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : I believe the answer is a resounding YES.  They have been so good for so long, sorta like the NYY back when they were the evil empire.  Go Harborwomen!
    Posted by ghockeydad[/QUOTE]

the st.marys girls work thier tails off why would you cheer against them? unless you are from Hingham?
    lets just hope for a good game. both programs should be proud of themselves

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

[QUOTE]n Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : the st.marys girls work thier tails off why would you cheer against them? unless you are from Hingham? lets just hope for a good game. both programs should be proud of themselves
    Posted by hockeyrules[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say I'm cheering against St. Mary's, I'm rooting for Hingham.  St. Mary's (and its fans) should look at the everyone else cheering for Hingham as a positive.  It simply means that St. Mary's is the best.  Everyone wants to (or should want to) beat the best.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Well said Ghockey, exactly.  Far too many overly sensitive folks around here these days it seems...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

[QUOTE]HOCKEYDAD- yeah they have families and jobs but so do you.....your obviously on this forum so why wouldnt they be as well....idiot
    Posted by FLYERSFAN13211[/QUOTE]

Flyerfan - I must have missed something, to what post are your referring? I don't understand the "families and jobs" reference and to whom are you referring when you question "why wouldnt they be as well."  Why the name calling?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Again supposed 'flyerfan', get the posts where I've spoken "bad" or disparigingly about the program, or any player, and post 'em. Asked you for them earlier but you still have yet to post them.  Start looking. You'll be awhile, but myself and all the others who have been here for a few years, know what each of us have said and not said, will not be holding our breath to hear back from you on them. You are putting words into my mouth, or fingers, that were never said and don't exist. Framingham is historically not a hockey town when it comes to girls hockey. Soccer? Yep. Lacrosse? Yep. Those 2 sports are where 75% of the girls in our town are. Those are facts.  We lack depth. That's a fact. We lacked for a very long time a youth program that was willing to put time and effort into developing the girls, retaining them and increasing the numbers of them.  We now have one that is working together with the h.s. coach to do just that. That's a fact. Those are the only areas I have ever said even the slightest thing that could have been taken as 'negative'.  But they're not opinions, they're facts, so what is so wrong with trying to correct them or admit them? How does the program grow, increase its depth, level of ability & committment of its players improve without those very important steps? Whatever the issue is, is obviously your own personal issue as you are the one doing the attacking and name calling.

Have a lovely day, I know I will.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mudwife. Show mudwife's posts

Hello all. I, as well as most folks, will be rooting for Hingham on Sat. It would be nice to see someone else at the top for a change (absolutely no disrespect to St Mary's). The Harborwomen have been getting stronger each year due to a great feeder program. Then we can all start picking on them for not having to play in a league (see Woburn vs. Burlington). If all teams played an independent schedule it would be ridiculous. As far as waivers, here my theory (wink, wink); All teams should get a middle school waiver (including schools that have 5, 6,7 and 8 in their middle school), schools that do not offer girls hockey should allow their players to play for schools that do, including privates, catholics, charters, home schooled kids and special needs schools. Post grad students should be allowed to play as well. Throw all JV programs out and everybody plays varsity. JV players can visit rinks that offer public skating. No holding back on running up scores, resting better players or back up goalies. Everyone gets into the tournament and all games are at the Garden. Town teams, club teams, intramural teams, national programs and international programs can all enter teams. Everybody cool with this? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Change-Up. Show Change-Up's posts

OK The Boston Globe should stay out of the top 20 business, I mean have a clue
    http://www.boston.com/partners/globesports/schools/201011/rankings/59.html

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueline3. Show blueline3's posts

Duxbury 2 Hingham 0

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

What a game last night.  Both teams very evenly matched, our new fangled, mixed up and completely changed lines all clicked and played hard. One of our freshman got her first varsity point, yay! A few missed opportunities by the Flyers to put the puck in the net on EM were the difference in this one.  1-1 at end of 1st, 2-1 Dedham end of 2nd with an EN late in the 3rd, final 3-1 Dedham.  One of those games that could have gone either way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

[QUOTE]Duxbury 2 Hingham 0
    Posted by blueline3[/QUOTE]

Now that is a surprise, I always knew Duxbury was good especially when it comes to toughness and winning battles, but I figured Hingham had a far more well rounded team!
    Must of been a great game though.
    Still hoping the Harborwomen put it together for Sat. nights tilt,

SB

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

Bay State Herget - log jam at the top.  
    Wellesley, Norwood, and Walpole all 4 - 0.  Wellesley and Walpole both took care of business with respective wins over Weymouth and Brookline.  They play each other on Saturday.  It should be a good game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

[QUOTE]OK The Boston Globe should stay out of the top 20 business, I mean have a clue http://www.boston.com/partners/globesports/schools/201011/rankings/59.html
    Posted by Change-Up[/QUOTE]

Makes you wonder if the globe sports staff isn't just pulling the rankings out of thin air.  For a more accurate view of the world check out  http://masshshockey.com/rankings.html?did=F

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

One can't help but wonder if Hingham was looking past Duxbury toward St Mary's.  No disrespect to Duxbury they are a very good team.  I think it is a good thing for girls hockey.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

[QUOTE]One can't help but wonder if Hingham was looking past Duxbury toward St Mary's.  No disrespect to Duxbury they are a very good team.  I think it is a good thing for girls hockey.
    Posted by Icing-2[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't surprise me to see Duxbury take the D2 Title this year. There is a lot of talent on that team. Even though St. Mary's won 3 -1 (with ENG). The game was totally even, territorially and SOG. Just glad we don't have to play them again!!

I imagine the SMH v Hingham game being a very low scoring affair. 1-0, 2-1 either team could take it. I'm rooting for SMH, the underdog?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Downtown11. Show Downtown11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Wouldn't surprise me to see Duxbury take the D2 Title this year. There is a lot of talent on that team. Even though St. Mary's won 3 -1 (with ENG). The game was totally even, territorially and SOG. Just glad we don't have to play them again!! I imagine the SMH v Hingham game being a very low scoring affair. 1-0, 2-1 either team could take it. I'm rooting for SMH, the underdog?
    Posted by ghockeyfan[/QUOTE]
    i too think the underdog st marys will win again. has there ever been a team thats been the underdog like this that has won so many games in a row?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Change-Up. Show Change-Up's posts

NDA 2  St Mary's 2

Anyone see this game??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from penalty. Show penalty's posts

[QUOTE]Question for you Spy Ponders out there.... I am seeing 3 names for the rink or rinks in Arlington. Ed Burns Arena Arlington Sports Center and Veterans Memorial Rink Are these all the same place on Summer Street? Or is there a rink out there that I have not been to yet? THX GHF
    Posted by ghockeyfan[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 :
    Posted by penalty[/QUOTE]

Not sure if your asking about this penalty, but yes its the same rink.

SB

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

This year it has very enjoyable not seeing the same old results, I think it has been very good.  Not only are the games good at the top but throught the entire sport.

Several games of note on Saturday
    Hingham vs St Marys
    Arlington vs Acton Boxboro
    Dedham vs Norwood
    Wellesley vs Walpole
    Winchester vs Melrose/Watertown
    Woburn vs Reading

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wobky. Show wobky's posts

Hingham/St Mary's should be a great game with Hingham losing the last game and St Mary's losing last nights win with one second left!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from spj8. Show spj8's posts

SMH was flat to say the least last night. It didn't seem like they could get anything done. I wonder if they were looking to the Hingham game early. Most of you will disagree, but I feel bad for these girls. I know, I know, three consecutive titles how can you feel bad; but with the pressure, I can imagine it would help take the fun out of the game. There is no room for error. They get everyone's best game. But, they don't always bring theirs. Their play seems to be inconsistent this year. Lets get a new team on top. Let the best team be there whether it be Hingham, Dux, SMH, etc. Everyone is talking about the streak and who will end it for them. There has been such a stong outside influence on this streak and these young girls get the backlash of it. They are a different team. They want their own identity and people to see the positive things they do. They do not be held captive by a streak that started long before many of them got there. Only one of the 13 girls on the team was actually around to see this streak start. SMH more than anyone would like to see the streak end. It will help take off some pressure off the girls and let them breathe for a minute. They are working hard and are in the same fight as any other team. Maybe a loss would be good for them.

Sections
Shortcuts