EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoachHux. Show CoachHux's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012

Lexington tops Burlington 4-1 with an empty netter. Burlington goalie turned aside 44 shots.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

The long, character building type season for the Flyer ladies continues. 8-3 loss to Wellesley yesterday. Heart breaks for the 2 seniors. Lots of people having a difficult time understanding coaches stringent stance on refusing to try for a waiver this year and even less understanding why there has been no adjustment on his 'system' based on the talent/depth change.  It makes no sense. Waiver wouldn't make the team dominant, would only help them be competitive, which is a heck of a lot better than what's happening. It is what it is and even if he's seen the error of his decision now, it's too late to do anything about it. Can't believe this is the reality, but I do think there is a possibility that their most competitive game is going to be against Brookline this year. Not for lack of trying, heart or desire, just an outright legit matter of lack of depth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Interesting early season matchup between recent hockey powers St Marys and Woburn this Saturday.  Both coming in 2-0 with solid wins under their belts.  Good to see them playing each other (and other top teams) before tournement time. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012:
    [QUOTE]Interesting early season matchup between recent hockey powers St Marys and Woburn this Saturday.  Both coming in 2-0 with solid wins under their belts.  Good to see them playing each other (and other top teams) before tournement time. 
    Posted by PetefromNorthofBoston[/QUOTE]

Good luck CD & KS! Let's Go Woburn!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Who has an opinion on the SMH vs Woburn game, and why should I go to the game??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Go if you want to see some of the best HS Girls Hockey available.  They have played close games the past couple of years.  Last year they tied 1-1 (with SMH scoring late in the third to tie it up). 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from metrofan. Show metrofan's posts

[QUOTE]The long, character building type season for the Flyer ladies continues. 8-3 loss to Wellesley yesterday. Heart breaks for the 2 seniors. Lots of people having a difficult time understanding coaches stringent stance on refusing to try for a waiver this year and even less understanding why there has been no adjustment on his 'system' based on the talent/depth change.  It makes no sense. Waiver wouldn't make the team dominant, would only help them be competitive, which is a heck of a lot better than what's happening. It is what it is and even if he's seen the error of his decision now, it's too late to do anything about it. Can't believe this is the reality, but I do think there is a possibility that their most competitive game is going to be against Brookline this year. Not for lack of trying, heart or desire, just an outright legit matter of lack of depth.
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from metrofan. Show metrofan's posts

[QUOTE]The long, character building type season for the Flyer ladies continues. 8-3 loss to Wellesley yesterday. Heart breaks for the 2 seniors. Lots of people having a difficult time understanding coaches stringent stance on refusing to try for a waiver this year and even less understanding why there has been no adjustment on his 'system' based on the talent/depth change.  It makes no sense. Waiver wouldn't make the team dominant, would only help them be competitive, which is a heck of a lot better than what's happening. It is what it is and even if he's seen the error of his decision now, it's too late to do anything about it. Can't believe this is the reality, but I do think there is a possibility that their most competitive game is going to be against Brookline this year. Not for lack of trying, heart or desire, just an outright legit matter of lack of depth.
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule[/QUOTE]

This is just a continuation of the topic last season, Framingham has a JV team they don't need waivers, they need talent, they are very young. One defensemen who is very capable they rest would be sitting on the bench on most teams. Same at forward you have first line that would be third liners on most squads. Goalie is young hopefully she will improve, they don't have the  same talent as previous years and as you say they still have the same coach. Maybe time for some new blood behind the bench not sure if this staff really are hockey guys maybe nice guys but no hockey knowledge. You make the playoffs is a weak division. Team is young thats a good thing. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HockeyDad70. Show HockeyDad70's posts

Embarassing performance by refs in Walpole @ Braintree game on Wednesday.
    Since when are you allowed to slash under goalie's glove?  Braintree did this no less than 6 times without a singles penalty.  Yet when Walpole stepped up and protected their goalie, off to the box they went.
    Was there a rule change allowing players to slash the goalie?
    Walpole should have learned that the refs were out to help Braintree and back off, but they played stupidly continung to assume the game would be reffed fairly.  HA!
    2-2 final.  Braintree tied it up with 40 seconds left.  Braintree came to play in the 3rd and used the reffing advantage to pick their game up, so they certainly get credit for that.
    But Walpole was clearly the "better" team. 
    Maybe Walpole will be more in control going forward.  They need to accept that bad calls will be made, and need to adapt to the way the game is being called.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

I believe the intent of the rule is to not allow that kind of thing when the goalie has "control of the puck", and that can be a hard thing to judge, even at the professional level if you watch Bruin/NHL games.  Many times the puck is down there and bouncing around, and then it is fair game.  If a player is poking/slashing at the loose puck and the goalie gloves it at the last second and the stick hits the glove, that is probaby a good non-call.  If the player starts their move after the goalie has the puck in the glove, that should be called.  It is a fine line of judgement on that. 

The problem comes from how they "step up to protect their goalie".  Committing other penalties should never be excused, regardless of the motivation, and as such heading to the box is merited.  A number of Bruins have spent time in the box defending Thomas turf so to speak already this season.   Its the old, two wrongs do not make a right principle.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HockeyDad70. Show HockeyDad70's posts

Puck under glove for a full second or two, then forward jabs under glove.  If an opposing player does this to my goalie, I bury them.  Make a call or two gainst the offending forward and the goalie's teammates will be less inclined to step up and have to protect her.  Plain and simple.  Otherwise, you are inviting both teams to be more and more chippy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HockeyDad70. Show HockeyDad70's posts

(d) A minor penalty shall be assessed to any player who makes

stick contact with an opposing goalkeeper while he is in his

goal crease and who has covered or caught the puck,

regardless of whether or not the Referee has stopped play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

AB is very strong and will be tough to beat.  Woburn, with two 8-0 wins, looks strong as well.  Arlington s/b good seeing that they have a very good coach.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

[QUOTE]Who has an opinion on the SMH vs Woburn game, and why should I go to the game??
    Posted by Icing-2[/QUOTE]

Icing-2, You should go to this game today just to see how SMH is, which is probably a little rough around the edges. Then go see SMH again, lets say late Jan. and you'll hopefully see a far talented team, giving total credit to the coach.

But my money this year is on AC, 3 very strong lines with many playing like a team not individuals.

WT

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

I hear ya Cash, it gets frustrating when one plays by the rules and then so many others don't.  Their JV team has already played 2 JV teams that are loaded with 7th and 8th graders (not catholics).  Obviously those schools got waivers, took the stronger of the middle school aged kids to varsity and kept the rest on JV.  Isn't the point of the waiver to keep a team viable, not make it dominant? So from their point of view, they wonder "why can't they too?".  They  know what they have coming in. Their coach doesn't believe in them (waivers) so he'd never do it anyways.

They were dominated by Lexington as a whole, dominated by 1 player on Wellesley. We'll see how it goes against Weymouth tonight.  Seemed to barely get by them last year. It's going to be a season where the girls are going to figure out exactlly what kind of mettle they have within themselves because they are going to need every ounce of sheer will and determination they have to get through this season and keep the streak of tourny appearances going. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubsc. Show bubsc's posts

[QUOTE]Embarassing performance by refs in Walpole @ Braintree game on Wednesday. Since when are you allowed to slash under goalie's glove?  Braintree did this no less than 6 times without a singles penalty.  Yet when Walpole stepped up and protected their goalie, off to the box they went. Was there a rule change allowing players to slash the goalie? Walpole should have learned that the refs were out to help Braintree and back off, but they played stupidly continung to assume the game would be reffed fairly.  HA! 2-2 final.  Braintree tied it up with 40 seconds left.  Braintree came to play in the 3rd and used the reffing advantage to pick their game up, so they certainly get credit for that. But Walpole was clearly the "better" team.  Maybe Walpole will be more in control going forward.  They need to accept that bad calls will be made, and need to adapt to the way the game is being called.
    Posted by HockeyDad70[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubsc. Show bubsc's posts

Didn't take long for the "Walpole Whiner" this year.  First game!  Just a continuance from last year.  Go back and look.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

[QUOTE]Who has an opinion on the SMH vs Woburn game, and why should I go to the game??
    Posted by Icing-2[/QUOTE]

Go for three reasons:
    1) Good Public High School Hockey
    2) Nothing better to do between 6:00 and 8:00 on a Saturday. Still plenty of time to go clubbing after.
    3) You might see Magellann!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSHockeyParent. Show BSHockeyParent's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't take long for the "Walpole Whiner" this year.  First game!  Just a continuance from last year.  Go back and look.
    Posted by bubsc[/QUOTE]

Bubsc - I took you up on the offer to go look.  Only 1 quote from last year for Hockeydad70.  And w/ regards to the refs for the Braintree game, they were horrible for both teams.  I have found the general quality of ref'ing for the girls games to be poor and again it goes both ways.  You just hate to have games decided by officials.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012 : Go for three reasons: 1) Good Public High School Hockey 2) Nothing better to do between 6:00 and 8:00 on a Saturday. Still plenty of time to go clubbing after. 3) You might see Magellann!!
    Posted by ghockeyfan[/QUOTE]

I was there, didn't see Icing, nice job Woburn. They have a solid team, they set up plays to score and can be physical, outstanding goalie.

Smh just lost it first regular season lose in 5 years, I think that lose 5 yrs ago may have been Woburn.That would have been the season that they lose to AP in a shoot-out. I can't remember that far back.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Wow....Woburn 5 - SM 0...  Who would have foreseen that. Was unable to be there tonight, so waiting on details but that is a surprising score, even for early in the season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012 : Bubsc - I took you up on the offer to go look.  Only 1 quote from last year for Hockeydad70.  And w/ regards to the refs for the Braintree game, they were horrible for both teams.  I have found the general quality of ref'ing for the girls games to be poor and again it goes both ways.  You just hate to have games decided by officials.
    Posted by BSHockeyParent[/QUOTE]

Have to agree.  Not that it made a difference, but watched Wellesley play with 6 skaters on the ice for a full minute without the ref's noticing the other day.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

[QUOTE]Wow....Woburn 5 - SM 0...  Who would have foreseen that. Was unable to be there tonight, so waiting on details but that is a surprising score, even for early in the season.

That is fantastic. Great job ladies!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

[QUOTE]Wow....Woburn 5 - SM 0...  Who would have foreseen that. Was unable to be there tonight, so waiting on details but that is a surprising score, even for early in the season.

SMH lost there goalie to Juniors, she will be playing in college somewhere, the goalie that's there is ok, she is not going to be the wall Sm has alway counted on  forever, The last  of a long line of true snipers has graduated ( snipers to me are girls that make a living finding the back of the next, beat you with any shot put it on there stick and it's got a good chance of going in) Sm doesn't have that they like many schools they have finishers, girls that when the puck is near the net can finish the play with a goal.

Woburn played as a team made extra passes around the goal, Sm well didn't see to many passes down low, more of it's on my stick I'm shooting, also I've never seen so many shots miss the net by a very large margin, Coach may need to draw a picture of the net on the chalkboard sometime just to remined them what there shoting at (lol)

That said  good luck Woburn, Great goalie, It may be another state title for the Tanners, and for Sm, I'll see you Wedneday via  the state champs from Hingham. Sm fan

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Thanks for the details.  Sounds like Woburn is going to be a real force this season if they keep up the solid team play.  CD in goal will undoubtably anchor the defense from the crease and ensure that Woburn is in every game. 

Sections
Shortcuts