EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSHockeyParent. Show BSHockeyParent's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012:
    Huh, surprising a Walpole loss and the first line complaining about the refs-what a surprise!!Falmouth got an ugly goal which never happens to Walpole -all their goals are snipes. Next issue about the lady- In my years of watching high school hockey especially when there is a big crowd it would seem logical that both groups of fans would keep to themselves. Walpole kids with the backing of their parents seem to feel as though they can go anywhere in the rink, including right into the other teams' den and start talking crap. This has caused problems in the past and is most likely why this lady was annoyed. Of course this could continue on many times before any Walpole parents might come to realize to blame themselves and their own kids. And everyone stop complaining about the rinks. A neutral site in many cases is going to be much closer to one team or even their home rink. Go to where they tell you to go and play the game- no excuses.
    Posted by mm3766

mm - Do you actually read the posts before you comment on them?  I read HD70's post.  I didn't see any excuses in there.  Just a few facts.  What kills me a part frrom the fact they couldn't skate, is that they were consistently in-consistent.  What was penalty in the 1st, wasn't in the 2nd.  It went both ways.  There is no way these jokers would be allowed to ref a boys game.  Why are they allowed to ref the girls?  

I didn't read anything about distance to travel to rink with regards to neutrality.  However, by definition a home rink can not be neutral.  Are you an apologist for the MIAA or on the board?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

go beez, you are an A-clown if you applaud an adult for kicking a kid who was walking away from her.
    Posted by HockeyDad70

sorry your wise-A son took a boot in the A and your daughter's team got knocked out of the tourney; it's time for you to stop posting on this blog now; good night!Smile

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012 : beez is a A-Clown which is why I hit the ignore button on him/her.
    Posted by BSHockeyParent

I'm so sorry your daughter's team got knocked out of the tourney as well; it's time for you to stop posting on this blog too; bye bye now!Smile

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012 : mm - Do you actually read the posts before you comment on them?  I read HD70's post.  I didn't see any excuses in there.  Just a few facts.  What kills me a part frrom the fact they couldn't skate, is that they were consistently in-consistent.  What was penalty in the 1st, wasn't in the 2nd.  It went both ways.  There is no way these jokers would be allowed to ref a boys game.  Why are they allowed to ref the girls?   I didn't read anything about distance to travel to rink with regards to neutrality.  However, by definition a home rink can not be neutral.  Are you an apologist for the MIAA or on the board?
    Posted by BSHockeyParent

Stop complaining about the refereeing, you sound like an annoying 11 year old kid!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from penaltybox. Show penaltybox's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012 : Were you at the game last night?  No, didn't think so.  The refs were bad - just ask the coaches from Westwood and Gardner who were watching the game.  I heard their disgust with the refs.  The poor quality of refs in girls hockey is now pretty well documented in the forum by folks from north, south east and west.  Bottom line girls still have to go out and play the game and Walpole did that.  Falmouth goalie just played out of her mind.  Walpole outplayed them and outshot them by a wide margin.  Sometimes the puck just doesn't bounce your way. And sorry, not giving the MIAA a pass on using the Canton rink for the playoffs.  Lousy rink, boneheaded move.
    Posted by girlshockeyrules

Be glad you are not in the Middlesex League.. there is actually a ref that only has  sight in 1 eye.  I am not kidding.. when asked why it is allowed ... .. no one wants to discriminate... really!!! Then there is another ref. that takes the girl's mouthguards and puts them in his pocket and calls the girl out for not having a mouthguard... You can't make this stuff up. The MIAA when it comes to girl's hockey is an absolute joke.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HockeyDad70. Show HockeyDad70's posts

penaltybox: it is so annoying isn't it?  So we don't want to discriminate against half blind refs, wow!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mm3766. Show mm3766's posts

If you actually read my comment, it was the ref sucked, no blame on them for the outcome.  Go back and read again.  Why does girl's hockey get stuck with such out of shape refs? If you watched the game you would have also noticed that Falmouth was outplayed by a good margin, and they should have felt fortunate to get to the shootout.  The play was carried by Walpole for 70% of the game. Congrats to Falmouth.  See there, I said it again.  They did what they had to do.  Ugly goals count the same as pretty ones, it was more a comment to the fact that Falmouth had precious few good opportunities as compared to Walpole. When I went to the rink, I did not notice seating was restricted to certain areas.  With stands on both sides that can happen.  I only heard hearsay what happened inside to prompt the crazy lady from Falmouth, so I didn't wish to put blame on either side for the start of the "issue."  What I did see was a crazy Falmouth woman chase down a Walpole 15 y.o. and kick him.  That was disgraceful pure and simple, as the Walpole kid was leaving the rink.  I would love to hear how you defend a 55 y.o. woman for chasing and kicking a young teenager.  I really would.
    Posted by HockeyDad70

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mm3766. Show mm3766's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012 :
    Posted by mm3766

Do Walpole people know what a backhanded compliment is?? Didn't think so. We totally outplayed you but congrats to Falmouth. The refs screwed us but congrats to Falmouth. You scored a lucky goal but congrats to Falmouth. We are better than you but congrats to Falmouth. The only thing you Walpolers forgot is you have to put more pucks in the net to win. See you next year. Go to the Norwood game and root against them if that will make you feal better(pathetic)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mm3766. Show mm3766's posts

Beez, I'm glad to see that someone can see though the Walpole crybabies

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HockeyDad70. Show HockeyDad70's posts

mm, you should go back to school and learn how to read.  If it isn't too late.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsforum. Show sportsforum's posts

How do Falmouth-Westwood matchup?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012 : Do Walpole people know what a backhanded compliment is?? Didn't think so. We totally outplayed you but congrats to Falmouth. The refs screwed us but congrats to Falmouth. You scored a lucky goal but congrats to Falmouth. We are better than you but congrats to Falmouth. The only thing you Walpolers forgot is you have to put more pucks in the net to win. See you next year. Go to the Norwood game and root against them if that will make you feal better(pathetic)
    Posted by mm3766

mm - Where will the "Walpole people" see you.  What program / town are you from.  Go back and read the posts from the "Walpole people" , they constantly complain about the officiating but I've never read where that they placed the blame on the officiating.  What they do say is that the officiating at girls games is a sorry, sorry state.  In fact it is.  Perhaps you're one of the maligned refs?

BTW-   I was at the game, was rooting for Falmouth, Walpole did outplay the Clippers but the Falmouth goalie stole one for her team.  (but Tongue Out ) Congrats to Falmouth. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzygirl. Show fuzzygirl's posts

Hate to fuel the fire....but I too complained about the refs and earlier in the posts it states why girls get the bottom of the barrel.(The div 3 boys get crud too) Girls hockey is low "man" on the totem pole. It's a mute point that has been going on for some time. (take a look at earlier posting)
    I'm annoyed when the refs just stand in the corner and don't even attempt to get out of the way of "the play".
    The only time I got a chuckle at the pathetic skating of some of the refs is when my daughter was charging to score and ran him down. Ooooppps. (She could have been hurt..but "he" got up).

Looks like the tournament is going to be a battle...
    Is everyone still predicting AB? I don't know but I (for personal reasons) wish and cheer for another team.
    Please parents, let the girls "battle it out".
    Bring a stress ball to the game if can't act like adults. (of course no one on this site needs to bring the ball. We are the calm ones in the stands... lol )
    Let the girls HAVE FUN !
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE TEAMS (a little more luck to one thou Laughing )

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

Hate to fuel the fire....but I too complained about the refs and earlier in the posts it states why girls get the bottom of the barrel.(The div 3 boys get crud too) Girls hockey is low "man" on the totem pole. It's a mute point that has been going on for some time. (take a look at earlier posting) I'm annoyed when the refs just stand in the corner and don't even attempt to get out of the way of "the play". The only time I got a chuckle at the pathetic skating of some of the refs is when my daughter was charging to score and ran him down. Ooooppps. (She could have been hurt..but "he" got up). Looks like the tournament is going to be a battle... Is everyone still predicting AB? I don't know but I (for personal reasons) wish and cheer for another team. Please parents, let the girls "battle it out". Bring a stress ball to the game if can't act like adults. (of course no one on this site needs to bring the ball. We are the calm ones in the stands... lol ) Let the girls HAVE FUN ! GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE TEAMS (a little more luck to one thou  )
    Posted by fuzzygirl

While I have seen my share of bad refs at the girls games, I do see the need to say that not ALL of them are bad or the bottom of the barrel. Some refs really do a great job. In particular, the times that we have had female referees they were exceptional. There are a some male refs that fall into this category too. My point is that sometimes its just the "luck of the draw". Hopefully as we get deeper into the tournament we will get these higher quality referees.

Good luck to all the teams.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012 : While I have seen my share of bad refs at the girls games, I do see the need to say that not ALL of them are bad or the bottom of the barrel. Some refs really do a great job. In particular, the times that we have had female referees they were exceptional. There are a some male refs that fall into this category too. My point is that sometimes its just the "luck of the draw". Hopefully as we get deeper into the tournament we will get these higher quality referees. Good luck to all the teams.
    Posted by ghockeyfan

agree on that point.  Not all are bad and over the course of the regular season you are going to get your share of the bottom of the barrel.  You just hate to see it happen in the tournament.  Those games should be staffed by the best refs available, not the trash.  

On another point,  I for one wish that the MIAA would do away with the shoot out.  They should play till a team wins.  This is hockey, not soccer.    

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

MIAA could consider a variation of what we used to use in Soccer overtimes.  First 5 minutes was normal size team.  Next 5 minutes was X-1 players, per team, next 5 minutes was x-2 players per team, until they got down to 2 players and a goalie.  Usually by that time someone would score.  (In the soccer matches there were no subs once the OT began so those on the field were getting more and more tired which also meant more chances for scoring would happen too.)

Just do something like that if you need OT for the games. 

I suspect the reason they use the shootout is to pretty much guarantee that the game ends in a certain time window since Ice time is hard to schedule and block out, especially on heavily used rinks.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

MIAA could consider a variation of what we used to use in Soccer overtimes.  First 5 minutes was normal size team.  Next 5 minutes was X-1 players, per team, next 5 minutes was x-2 players per team, until they got down to 2 players and a goalie.  Usually by that time someone would score.  (In the soccer matches there were no subs once the OT began so those on the field were getting more and more tired which also meant more chances for scoring would happen too.) Just do something like that if you need OT for the games.  I suspect the reason they use the shootout is to pretty much guarantee that the game ends in a certain time window since Ice time is hard to schedule and block out, especially on heavily used rinks.  
    Posted by PetefromNorthofBoston

There is not a doubt in my mind that for the MIAA its all about the benjamins.  Don't they need the $$$ for their junkets?

I like the idea of 4 on 4, 3 on 3, etc, play till you drop.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Well it looks like that Winthrop parent will be facing the music now.  His actions have hit national web sites as well as the local ones and he is facing charges.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/07/massachusetts-father-faces-charges-for-allegedly-pointing-laser-at-hockey/

Hopefully this can be a teaching moment for all the other out of control fans or parents for every team.  Keep it clean, keep it civil and keep it in the stands.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sleeper3. Show sleeper3's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012 : it made for an unbelievable year. i would think there are more locker rooms like that one than the one you're talkign about...when captains are respectful it makes for a good atmosphere...when they aren't the team suffers tremendously. 1. Woburn 2. Hingham 3. AC 4. AB 5. ST Marys top 2 could swap but i believe the goalie will be the difference
    Posted by sleeper3

pretty close
    changing name to Nostradamus

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012 : pretty close changing name to Nostradamus
    Posted by sleeper3

I wouldn't call it close having #1 AB as #4 and #2 St Mary's as #5; you also have Woburn ahead of AC and we know is is better there;  Hingham ???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Frankly in D1 this year, it is really all a matter of who is "on" for any given night.  There are plenty of A beat B, but B beat C and then C beat A combos amongst those top teams.

Last night the AC / Woburn game went to extra shots in a shootout to claim a winner.  AC went 3 for 6 in the shootout, while Woburn went 2 for 6 if I read the game write up correctly.  That is after regulation and overtime periods.  (fixed the shootout numbers based on the local detailed write up.)

Woburn beat SM,  SM beat A/B and then A/B beat Woburn.  The top teams are all very very close to each other this year, and it will really be a crap shoot who takes home the title from the Garden.

In D2, I think the title game will really be tonight between Belmont and Duxbury with the winner taking an "easy" win in the finals over whomever comes out of the other side of the bracket.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsforum. Show sportsforum's posts

In response to "Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012":
    Frankly in D1 this year, it is really all a matter of who is "on" for any given night.  There are plenty of A beat B, but B beat C and then C beat A combos amongst those top teams. Last night the AC / Woburn game went to extra shots in a shootout to claim a winner.  AC went 1 for 6 in the shootout, while Woburn went 0 for 6 if I read the game write up correctly.  That is after regulation and overtime periods.  Woburn beat SM,  SM beat A/B and then A/B beat Woburn.  The top teams are all very very close to each other this year, and it will really be a crap shoot who takes home the title from the Garden. In D2, I think the title game will really be tonight between Belmont and Duxbury with the winner taking an "easy" win in the finals over whomever comes out of the other side of the bracket. Posted by PetefromNorthofBoston
    What are your thoughts on Falmouth vs. Westwood, which one could possibly beat Duxbury.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

In response to "Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012": What are your thoughts on Falmouth vs. Westwood, which one could possibly beat Duxbury.
    Posted by sportsforum

Falmouth beat Westwood 4 - 0, in their only meeting this year. That coupled with the fact that Duxbury only beat Falmouth 3 - 2, in their last meeting. I would give Falmouth the best chance out of these two. Belmont could also upset the Green Dragons, if they are on and Duxbury is not. Duxbury is still the favorite though.

Looks like some great match-ups for the semi's, good luck to all. Hope you get some good refs Foot in mouth

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yohoapirateslifeforme. Show yohoapirateslifeforme's posts

AB just upset by Braintree in OT 4-3!  WOW, what a year for girls hockey

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Well between that and last nights result my bracket shot to hell in D1...lol

Sections
Shortcuts