EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yohoapirateslifeforme. Show yohoapirateslifeforme's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012:
    The point I was making about the Super Bowl call, was once it was called taunting, then everything that followed was in order.  The point of contention for most observers of the play was, did the action that occured on the field count as taunting.  Similar actions by numerous players in other games did not get flagged and that was shown in a number of film clips of those games.  (I understand that in this case the player in question had some prior history so perhaps the officials were giving no slack to that particular player.)  However, how many times have you seen a basketball player lift his or her arms in celebration after sinking a long shot in a game.  ALL THE TIME!.  How is that any different in spirit.  Its not.  If those players point at their opponent and "taunt" them, then sure.  Foul!.  Or after a goal, hockey players raising their sticks to celebrate.  (I know the MIAA does not necessarily have the NCAA football rules in place for all sports, but the idea is the same.) I understand this a pretty severe case, but where does the line get drawn? Does a single voice in the crowd yelling out "Hey Goalie you suck!" constitute a violation of 48.1 as listed above??  What about 3 people yelling in unison???  What if a spectator tosses a water bottle onto the ice?  During a 2 on 1 breakaway that the goalie stops?  Does the goalie get penalized and have to stop it again with a replay?  (The rinks I frequent tend to have glass to ceiling netting along the specator sides making that hard to do...)  So punishing the team or players for actions of spectators is a slippery slope.   Having the full weight of the MIAA being willing to support charges of disorderly conduct or disturbing the peace or some such legal charge in cases like this might be a better course of action.  Just like at Fenway, run on the field and you face some legal charges.  Many times you can make them go away with fine, but sometimes those charges are more severe.  A record might dissuade some over enthusiastic supporters from crossing that line.  I know most games like this have to have a detail cop on hand, so they should already be in place to handle the arrest or citation. 
    Posted by PetefromNorthofBoston

You make some really valid arguments here.  It is a tuff call.  Its easier to sit on this side and judge it.  And I hear you about how setting presidence may not be a good idea, but really, replaying the game, other than costing $$$$, would be the right thing to do.  I think we all knew they wouldn't do it.  I hope the next team playing W/L, puts 15 goals in the net, cleanly with talent, no chippy stuff just stuff the puck.  Maybe they were the better team against Medway but I dont think this year we will ever really be 100% sure.  I just don't want them to advance without confidence they deserve to be there.

It seems that the MIAA's statement using the Officials Rule during the game should not have applied here.  What the MIAA is saying is the ref, if he found reason, should have called the game then and there and given the win to Medway.  I think if this were to happen again, you would probably see that call made, but without being sure there would be no way an official would have made that call in that game. They probably didn't even know they could call that at that time, they figured throw him out and we're done.  Didn't bank on 2 more goals in a matter of a minute to turn the game into a loss for Medway.

And really, if someone threw a water bottle during a scoring opportunity and it caused someone to fall, then yes, the fair/right thing to do was to make the goalie make another stop that would have been against a valid shot, and if it goes in it was on a valid shot.  But that would be a judgment call on that day, just as this was a judgement call today on an incident that should never have happened.  Just this circumstance alone has caused presidence to be set.

The problems with the MIAA are deep. The football game, and now this, are starting to show the holes in such a body.  They make up rules, then don't follow them, or they have rules they can use in any situation to make the situation fit their needs.  In this case, they didn't even look at the taunting rule, which is really the place to look, considering it "governs" the stands too, they made that rule to include specatators but now that there is a "big controversy" they use some rule about its the refs call.  Anything but actually have a hearing including all parties and making a valid decision with valid points (or maybe they did???)

If I was a parent for Medway I would be livid.  After a long season and lots of $$ spent by parents, its sad to have lost in such a way.  And where are the morals of the W/L team, and the coach, and the AD.  They have not taken any responsibility for this, its sad.  I'm hoping I go home tonight and watch the news and see a bunch of W/L parents sticking together saying it was wrong and we are sorry it happened, and shaking the hands of the Medway parents.  Bet that just wont happen, as they seem to think they still deserve this. All that anyone ever wants today is accountability and an apology.  The MIAA by making a NO CALL on this has set the stage for other incidents between W/L and whomever they play in the future as this will always be on players/parents minds. 

We will see what happens if by some fluke they get to the finals...  that will really be a good one for the MIAA to deal with.  My applogies for another long post, to anyone that is thinking shut up.. I will.... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Well AB has nine 8th graders on its 21 player roster.  I would guess they are doing pretty well with that mix. 

In the Middlesex League Burlington (4-13-1) has waivers and 8 8th graders and Watertonw/Melrose is a COOP (with all High school players), the rest all appear to have full HS rosters as far as I can see. 

SM has one middle schooler on their 15 player roster it looks like.

Hingham looks like it could field 2 teams with their 28 player roster...Smile

Duxbury is all HS kids as is Arlington Catholic and Westford.

Withrop Lynn has 8 of the 21 players as middle schoolers (including both goalies)

At the other end of the success spectrum, the bottom seven teams on the Masshshockey rankings list are all HS girls.  You have to get the next team - Newton South before you find Middle schoolers again, and there they have 6 of the 17 players on the roster.

A team like Ursaline is a bit more suspect as they have 4 7th graders on their 20 player roster (no 8th graders however?). 

Most of the team with middle school kids seem to need them to get a "full roster" (not sure how many that should be, 18ish?  9+ forwards (3 lines), 6+ D( 3 pairs) and 2-3 goalies?)  Many of the rosters have fewer than that, and those teams compete.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sleeper3. Show sleeper3's posts

Really....Really.... laser pointer's at sporting events. Just when you think you have seen/heard it all. Just by bringing it into the rink and using it this parent was premeditated in effecting the outcome of the game and it apparently worked.  Shame, Shame, Shame. Replay the game at a neutral site. In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012 :
    Posted by rocketfan

a replay would probably be a blowout. They had their chance that night and couldn't finish the job. The guy is obviously a nutjob. He should be prosecuted. If it were my daughter he would be in court today.

I'm sure Winthrop would replay that game 10 times if they had to. It wouldn't change the outcome. They played awful. No passing has killed them at times in the past.
    If any of you don't think the girls feel horrible you are just as whacked. It's a terrible thing done by a terrible person. He has been punished by the school and hopefully will be by the DA.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sleeper3. Show sleeper3's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012 : You make some really valid arguments here.  It is a tuff call.  Its easier to sit on this side and judge it.  And I hear you about how setting presidence may not be a good idea, but really, replaying the game, other than costing $$$$, would be the right thing to do.  I think we all knew they wouldn't do it.  I hope the next team playing W/L, puts 15 goals in the net, cleanly with talent, no chippy stuff just stuff the puck.  Maybe they were the better team against Medway but I dont think this year we will ever really be 100% sure.  I just don't want them to advance without confidence they deserve to be there. It seems that the MIAA's statement using the Officials Rule during the game should not have applied here.  What the MIAA is saying is the ref, if he found reason, should have called the game then and there and given the win to Medway.  I think if this were to happen again, you would probably see that call made, but without being sure there would be no way an official would have made that call in that game. They probably didn't even know they could call that at that time, they figured throw him out and we're done.  Didn't bank on 2 more goals in a matter of a minute to turn the game into a loss for Medway. And really, if someone threw a water bottle during a scoring opportunity and it caused someone to fall, then yes, the fair/right thing to do was to make the goalie make another stop that would have been against a valid shot, and if it goes in it was on a valid shot.  But that would be a judgment call on that day, just as this was a judgement call today on an incident that should never have happened.  Just this circumstance alone has caused presidence to be set. The problems with the MIAA are deep. The football game, and now this, are starting to show the holes in such a body.  They make up rules, then don't follow them, or they have rules they can use in any situation to make the situation fit their needs.  In this case, they didn't even look at the taunting rule, which is really the place to look, considering it "governs" the stands too, they made that rule to include specatators but now that there is a "big controversy" they use some rule about its the refs call.  Anything but actually have a hearing including all parties and making a valid decision with valid points (or maybe they did???) If I was a parent for Medway I would be livid.  After a long season and lots of $$ spent by parents, its sad to have lost in such a way.  And where are the morals of the W/L team, and the coach, and the AD.  They have not taken any responsibility for this, its sad.  I'm hoping I go home tonight and watch the news and see a bunch of W/L parents sticking together saying it was wrong and we are sorry it happened, and shaking the hands of the Medway parents.  Bet that just wont happen, as they seem to think they still deserve this. All that anyone ever wants today is accountability and an apology.  The MIAA by making a NO CALL on this has set the stage for other incidents between W/L and whomever they play in the future as this will always be on players/parents minds.  We will see what happens if by some fluke they get to the finals...  that will really be a good one for the MIAA to deal with.  My applogies for another long post, to anyone that is thinking shut up.. I will.... 
    Posted by yohoapirateslifeforme

I'll apologize. I was a Winthrop parent for the last 3 years...daughter moved on. You sit there and bash the AD, Coach, players and parents not knowing how they feel about it. My daughter isn't on the team and we all feel terrible.

there are some facts that are left out...ask the Medway coach. He can disarm the bashing with one sentance. Where do the Winthrop parents go to talk to the Medway parents? Medway? be real. They feel awful too.

It's good that you are passionate enough to hope they get bounced out of the tournament...or that the opposing team scores 15 goals and wins. You are proving yourself to be just as moronic as the dope that had the laser.

It's unfortunate that this jerk did what amounts to a 10 year old prank. It's just as unfortunate that people think it had anything to do with the outcome of the game. Again, the Medway coach's comments after would differ with that thought.

Do you not think that there will be TV crews at the game Saturday? They will want to interview everyone from the coach to the zamboni driver? The MIAA had a hearing, listened to the facts and renderred their decision. As much as it hurts for the Medway girls and parents everyone will have to move on. 

by the way...the puck did go in last year in Stoneham against Hingham. We eventually got over it...i think.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeydad2012. Show hockeydad2012's posts

i was at that game last year too. sitting behind a group of 8 to 10 L/W parents and fans, i still do not think that puck went in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSHockeyParent. Show BSHockeyParent's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012 : I'll apologize. I was a Winthrop parent for the last 3 years...daughter moved on. You sit there and bash the AD, Coach, players and parents not knowing how they feel about it. My daughter isn't on the team and we all feel terrible. there are some facts that are left out...ask the Medway coach. He can disarm the bashing with one sentance. Where do the Winthrop parents go to talk to the Medway parents? Medway? be real. They feel awful too. It's good that you are passionate enough to hope they get bounced out of the tournament...or that the opposing team scores 15 goals and wins. You are proving yourself to be just as moronic as the dope that had the laser. It's unfortunate that this jerk did what amounts to a 10 year old prank. It's just as unfortunate that people think it had anything to do with the outcome of the game. Again, the Medway coach's comments after would differ with that thought. Do you not think that there will be TV crews at the game Saturday? They will want to interview everyone from the coach to the zamboni driver? The MIAA had a hearing, listened to the facts and renderred their decision. As much as it hurts for the Medway girls and parents everyone will have to move on.  by the way...the puck did go in last year in Stoneham against Hingham. We eventually got over it...i think.   
    Posted by sleeper3

Sleeper - it doesn't matter what the Medway coach says.  This is a not a shade of gray.  A parent interfered with the game.  

If everyone in Winthrop  "feels so bad" about it then they should do the right thing (either offer up to play the game again or forfeit the next game (which is the rule btw)) even if the cowards at the MIAA won't.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSHockeyParent. Show BSHockeyParent's posts

If I'm from Belmont I'm not happy.  How Canton is a neutral site?  Its Norwood's home rink.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzygirl. Show fuzzygirl's posts

I would like to ask this one question to any Winthrop-Medway parents/spectators out there.
    How long was this "parent" playing with a laser before he was thrown out? If he was banished, how long were people around him who did nothing? Was he hiding in a corner? Did anyone see him right away? If the answer was right away, then how did his actions upset the outcome of the game.(not condoning his action). If the answer is they noticed him after 2,5,10 minutes of playing with the laser, where were the people around him? 
    Can anyone answer that question.

I, as a mother and a spectator do cheer, clap for my daughter's team and the other team.
    I do not yell at players but have gotten mad at refs with "no" calls when kids could get hurt. But, I have never acted or have seen someone act like this physco did with the laser.
    I have told spectators in the stands that their comments should be "toned" down. I go over to them and tell them to "cool" it. Not a popular move but some do cross that line. Thank goodness I have only done this twice in the many years of watching hockey. Once had a talk with a ref, after the game calmly and with respect that the game got out of hand, physically. He said he "had a bad day"...classic reply. 
    Were were the spectators in this game to stop this behavior the second it happened? Or did spectators just "stand" there and let this pyscho continue.
    I would hope that in the future, everyone attending sporting events would speak up to the few "physco" spectators and make it known that the "bad" behavior has got to stop. That goes for the coaches, players, parents and spectators.
    One more comment, I can't remember the team...last year a senior player was thrown out of a game...on the way off the ice...flipped the crowd more than once...keeping it up....nothing was done. The coach said she is a senior and plays with  a lot of heart....Crowds cheered as she went off...Nothing was done by the AD, Coach or the MIAA. This problem with punishment has been going on for awhile. Maybe it's time the parents in the stands took control of their "own" actions. Please...everyone should grow up and act like adults at these games. With respect and dignity. Thanks and good luck to all in the tournament (including Winthrop).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HockeyDad70. Show HockeyDad70's posts

Belmont - Norwood game is in Franklin.

BTW, what is with the crappy venues for the girl's quarter finals?  Two old sh*tty rinks with poor sitelines.  Pay Foxboro the extra $150 to play the game there where people can actually see the game.

Fail MIAA, fail.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shoot2score. Show shoot2score's posts

In response to "Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012":
    Belmont - Norwood game is in Franklin. BTW, what is with the crappy venues for the girl's quarter finals?  Two old sh*tty rinks with poor sitelines.  Pay Foxboro the extra $150 to play the game there where people can actually see the game. Fail MIAA, fail. Posted by HockeyDad70
    MIAA web site has it on Monday in Canton rink 7:30 PM. Must have changed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HockeyDad70. Show HockeyDad70's posts

Wow, I was at MassHSHockey and they had Belmont-Canton in Franklin on Sunday.  Guess they changed it to give Norwood home ice.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSHockeyParent. Show BSHockeyParent's posts

Belmont - Norwood game is in Franklin. BTW, what is with the crappy venues for the girl's quarter finals?  Two old sh*tty rinks with poor sitelines.  Pay Foxboro the extra $150 to play the game there where people can actually see the game. Fail MIAA, fail.
    Posted by HockeyDad70

Its unreal isn't it?  Who are these people that run the MIAA?  They are incompetent at best. I believe that the MIAA has guidelines that they are supposed to adhere to when chosing a neutral site.   1st guideline ought to be NEUTRAL!

How do they put any team on its home ice?  And to HD70 point, I can name more than a dozen NUETRAL sites that are have much better facilities than Franklin and Canton. 

Here are my top reasons why this crap happens:
    - someone is getting the spiff
    - someone is doing a "favor" for a friend
    - miaa is staffed by incompetent fools
    - miaa staff is lazy
    - miaa stafff just doesnt' give a damn.

I'm going with the bottom 3

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HockeyDad70. Show HockeyDad70's posts

Also, I would think you can put more fans in Foxboro than you can in Franklin or Canton.  Wouldn't that cover the additional cost?

Just pathetic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Bunch of interesting games yesterday for both Girls and the Boys.  Marshfields claims for super 8 don't get much respect when its one and done in the D1 south, and Needham continued their off play and are out.

On the girls side, the chalk pretty much held, but many of the winners had close calls.  Nice write ups of some of those games can be found on various sites.  Thanks Bruce for the nice Woburn-Lexington details.  The ML had a number of top tier teams in the hunt and from a Woburn perspective, I was worried a lot about the potential Lexington match-up.  Well placed worries it turns out.

AB had to work equally hard if not more so with Billerica, as the game write up elsewhere showed.  The AB goalie has not been as sharp in the past couple of weeks as she was earlier in the season (has also been facing top tier teams as well which could account for the increase in goals behind her).

The Winthrop Lynn issue is at least put to bed for this season as they went down yesterday.  Hopefully there can be some way of policing spectator behavior that is fair to the teams and other fans.  Arrests for something (like happens at Fenway for field running idiots) would seem like a logical step.  So for example: Anyone taking actions that interferes with the play on the ice is subject to arrest and prosecution for X (not sure what X should be).  Other fans will be far more likely to give up a fellow supporter if they know only that person will take the hit, and not their team on the ice.  Right now, half the people in the stands would be adversely affected if their team got a penalty or DQ'd by that fans actions, and no one wants to be in that situation.  So put the blame and the penalty on the place it belongs the idiot doing the "crime". 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bwc1904. Show bwc1904's posts

Westford Academy squeaked by Weymouth last night.  Weymouth had a lot of good scoring opportunities but could not  put the puck in the net.  Westford scored when they had to and took the game.

Now that Winthrop/Lynn/Saugus/Revere are out let's see if the MIAA or the AD in Winthrop does anything meaningful about the laser incident.  With the Wilmington coach speaking out, this highlights how Winthrop (or whatever town claims to host the Co-op next year) has operated.  I'm sure there are many more non-laser pointer stories to add about the behavior of fans, players and coaches.  I'm betting that the MIAA will continue their spineless jellyfish ways and hope this lastest incident is forgotten as the spring approaches.  But they will continue to collect money, demand coaches go through meaningless trainings at their own expense and claim they are the "governing body" of interscholastic sports in MA, but not when there are tough questions to be answered or decisions to be made.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSHockeyParent. Show BSHockeyParent's posts

Who votes the MIAA board in?  Is it the ADs?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from peaceonearth. Show peaceonearth's posts

Westford Academy squeaked by Weymouth last night.  Weymouth had a lot of good scoring opportunities but could not  put the puck in the net.  Westford scored when they had to and took the game. Now that Winthrop/Lynn/Saugus/Revere are out let's see if the MIAA or the AD in Winthrop does anything meaningful about the laser incident.  With the Wilmington coach speaking out, this highlights how Winthrop (or whatever town claims to host the Co-op next year) has operated.  I'm sure there are many more non-laser pointer stories to add about the behavior of fans, players and coaches.  I'm betting that the MIAA will continue their spineless jellyfish ways and hope this lastest incident is forgotten as the spring approaches.  But they will continue to collect money, demand coaches go through meaningless trainings at their own expense and claim they are the "governing body" of interscholastic sports in MA, but not when there are tough questions to be answered or decisions to be made.
    Posted by bwc1904

Could not agree more re: MIAA.  So MANY things get swept under the rug, forgotton . . .

As to the laser pointer issue, the AD's, principals and parents of the team who know who this person is and what this person has alleged to have done before, SHAME on you for even allowing this person into the rink . . . . EVER!!!

I can say for a fact that if our town had a parent who had caused trouble before, our AD (not to mention the other parents) would see to it that this person did not enter the rink.  That was the right thing to do.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012 : Could not agree more re: MIAA.  So MANY things get swept under the rug, forgotton . . . As to the laser pointer issue, the AD's, principals and parents of the team who know who this person is and what this person has alleged to have done before, SHAME on you for even allowing this person into the rink . . . . EVER!!! I can say for a fact that if our town had a parent who had caused trouble before, our AD (not to mention the other parents) would see to it that this person did not enter the rink.  That was the right thing to do.
    Posted by peaceonearth

I don't think this got swept under the rug. The MIAA, just as the "super bowl" incident can not over rule the game officials...

http://www.itemlive.com/articles/2012/03/03/sports/sports06.txt

Also, I found an interesting announcment on the MIIA website:
    Richard L. Pearson, currently principal of Medway High School, has been named Associate Executive Director of the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association  (MIAA) and the Massachusetts Secondary School Administrators’ Association (MSSAA). He will assume his new position in June.

Full announcement here:
    http://miaa.net/gen/miaa_generated_bin/documents/basic_module/Richard_Pearson_Appt__Release2612.pdf

I wonder if it would have made a difference, if Mr. Peason was on the current board?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from HockeyDad70. Show HockeyDad70's posts

Can someone explain to me how we end up with referees that can barely skate?  Like the short fat guy who reffed the Falmouth-Walpole game tonight.  It is embarassing that the MIAA cannot find someone who knows the game and can skate.  0 for 2 on that count on the fat boy bending on his skates.  My 9 year old skates better.

Congrats to Falmouth for getting one ugly goal to tie the game in the 2nd, then winning in a shootout.  Falmouth's goalie came up big tonight, but this loss is going to haunt Walpole for a long time, as they were clearly the better team.

What was the commotion with the older Falmouth woman (55-60 maybe) who chased after some Walpole kids and kicked one of them?  Something must have happened but who kicks a teenager in the middle of a lobby?  Strange and disgraceful.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mm3766. Show mm3766's posts

Huh, surprising a Walpole loss and the first line complaining about the refs-what a surprise!!Falmouth got an ugly goal which never happens to Walpole -all their goals are snipes.
    Next issue about the lady- In my years of watching high school hockey especially when there is a big crowd it would seem logical that both groups of fans would keep to themselves. Walpole kids with the backing of their parents seem to feel as though they can go anywhere in the rink, including right into the other teams' den and start talking crap. This has caused problems in the past and is most likely why this lady was annoyed. Of course this could continue on many times before any Walpole parents might come to realize to blame themselves and their own kids.
    And everyone stop complaining about the rinks. A neutral site in many cases is going to be much closer to one team or even their home rink. Go to where they tell you to go and play the game- no excuses.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from girlshockeyrules. Show girlshockeyrules's posts

Huh, surprising a Walpole loss and the first line complaining about the refs-what a surprise!!Falmouth got an ugly goal which never happens to Walpole -all their goals are snipes. Next issue about the lady- In my years of watching high school hockey especially when there is a big crowd it would seem logical that both groups of fans would keep to themselves. Walpole kids with the backing of their parents seem to feel as though they can go anywhere in the rink, including right into the other teams' den and start talking crap. This has caused problems in the past and is most likely why this lady was annoyed. Of course this could continue on many times before any Walpole parents might come to realize to blame themselves and their own kids. And everyone stop complaining about the rinks. A neutral site in many cases is going to be much closer to one team or even their home rink. Go to where they tell you to go and play the game- no excuses.
    Posted by mm3766

Were you at the game last night?  No, didn't think so.  The refs were bad - just ask the coaches from Westwood and Gardner who were watching the game.  I heard their disgust with the refs.  The poor quality of refs in girls hockey is now pretty well documented in the forum by folks from north, south east and west.  Bottom line girls still have to go out and play the game and Walpole did that.  Falmouth goalie just played out of her mind.  Walpole outplayed them and outshot them by a wide margin.  Sometimes the puck just doesn't bounce your way.

And sorry, not giving the MIAA a pass on using the Canton rink for the playoffs.  Lousy rink, boneheaded move.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from HockeyDad70. Show HockeyDad70's posts

If you actually read my comment, it was the ref sucked, no blame on them for the outcome.  Go back and read again.  Why does girl's hockey get stuck with such out of shape refs?
    If you watched the game you would have also noticed that Falmouth was outplayed by a good margin, and they should have felt fortunate to get to the shootout.  The play was carried by Walpole for 70% of the game.
    Congrats to Falmouth.  See there, I said it again.  They did what they had to do.  Ugly goals count the same as pretty ones, it was more a comment to the fact that Falmouth had precious few good opportunities as compared to Walpole.
    When I went to the rink, I did not notice seating was restricted to certain areas.  With stands on both sides that can happen. 
    I only heard hearsay what happened inside to prompt the crazy lady from Falmouth, so I didn't wish to put blame on either side for the start of the "issue."  What I did see was a crazy Falmouth woman chase down a Walpole 15 y.o. and kick him.  That was disgraceful pure and simple, as the Walpole kid was leaving the rink.  I would love to hear how you defend a 55 y.o. woman for chasing and kicking a young teenager.  I really would.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

Huh, surprising a Walpole loss and the first line complaining about the refs-what a surprise!!Falmouth got an ugly goal which never happens to Walpole -all their goals are snipes. Next issue about the lady- In my years of watching high school hockey especially when there is a big crowd it would seem logical that both groups of fans would keep to themselves. Walpole kids with the backing of their parents seem to feel as though they can go anywhere in the rink, including right into the other teams' den and start talking crap. This has caused problems in the past and is most likely why this lady was annoyed. Of course this could continue on many times before any Walpole parents might come to realize to blame themselves and their own kids. And everyone stop complaining about the rinks. A neutral site in many cases is going to be much closer to one team or even their home rink. Go to where they tell you to go and play the game- no excuses.
    Posted by mm3766

Amen MM!  Walpole was just way overrated!  As for the lady kicking the kid in the butt; good for her, as I'm sure the kid was just a little wise guy who deserved that and more.  Although, I will say that the MIAA needs to do their job to ensure that State tourney games, that are supposed to be at a neutral site, are not held at any teams home rink as there is an advantage to playing at home whether you think so or not.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from HockeyDad70. Show HockeyDad70's posts

go beez, you are an A-clown if you applaud an adult for kicking a kid who was walking away from her.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSHockeyParent. Show BSHockeyParent's posts

go beez, you are an A-clown if you applaud an adult for kicking a kid who was walking away from her.
    Posted by HockeyDad70

beez is a A-Clown which is why I hit the ignore button on him/her.

Sections
Shortcuts