EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mm3766. Show mm3766's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012

Has Walpole ever lost a game in any sport where it wasn't the referee's fault or the umpire's fault or the judge's fault. From Mite hockey thru American legion baseball I've never seen parents that think they are entitled to win every sporting event that they are invoved in!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from peaceonearth. Show peaceonearth's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012:
    Has Walpole ever lost a game in any sport where it wasn't the referee's fault or the umpire's fault or the judge's fault. From Mite hockey thru American legion baseball I've never seen parents that think they are entitled to win every sporting event that they are invoved in!!
    Posted by mm3766

Wow, a little harsh there MM3766.  I thought this was a forum to discuss hs girls hockey, not townie anger.  Speaking as someone who has been to many different conferences'  games this season, I can assure you that the refereeing is negligent ACROSS THE BOARD in the girls hockey games.  Many previous posters from many towns have posted the same thing.  Lighten up and stick to the hockey!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSHockeyParent. Show BSHockeyParent's posts

Posted by mm3766

mm- 
    Here are 2 definitions for you.  
    Disappointing: failing to fulfill one's hopes or expectations
    Fault: responsibility for failure or a wrongful act 

go back and read what I wrote.  
    I wrote the game was "very disappointing on a number of levels"

1. taking Weymouth lightly
    2. not finishing scoring opps
    3. lazy and attrocious officiating.

Trust me, the ref'ing failed to fulfill expectations and it wouldn't matter if you were from Walpole, Weymouth or any town in between.  

I didn't write 'the fault for not winning was'  and I was careful not to because it wasn't the reason they didn't win (the girls don't need to look any further than the mirror for that).  If I had, then your b.tching would would be appropriate, however sounds to me you might be biased against Walpole.  Has your town's teams only been able to beat Walpole when the refs, umps, judges have handed the game to them?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsoxbs. Show patsoxbs's posts

Very surprising to see the Walpole/Weymouth score as there is no comparison between those two teams.  But isn't that what makes it great competition?  You take the other team lightly, the other team works and works, and earns a tie in the 3rd period?  It's great that that sort of thing can happen.  Those are "lesson" games--for both sides.

It is too bad, though,  that the officiating too often detracts from the contest.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cford19. Show cford19's posts

Congratulations Winthrop/Lynn on 3 to 2 win over SMH. Great game to watch, girls on both sides played strong all night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HockeyDad70. Show HockeyDad70's posts

Tough tie for Walpole.  They coulda, shoulda won this game.  Up by 2 in the 3rd against a team they were better than.  I guess that's the ebb and flow of the season.  Most teams can't win them all and Walpole is no exception.  Maybe a wake up call?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSHockeyParent. Show BSHockeyParent's posts

Tough tie for Walpole.  They coulda, shoulda won this game.  Up by 2 in the 3rd against a team they were better than.  I guess that's the ebb and flow of the season.  Most teams can't win them all and Walpole is no exception.  Maybe a wake up call?
    Posted by HockeyDad70

You would hope it serves as a wake up.  Big stretch coming for Walpole with 8 games in 2 weeks.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

Been glancing at these posting and just had to write in.
     i see one person wrote in about the SMH loss to Withrop/Lynn, that game and a few others are questionable or get you scratching your head. How about Watertown/Melrose are they going down in flames? That brings me to the Middlesex league which I believe is among one of the strongest but of course its also the most strangest, with no rhyme or reason. You have Arlington who had three games in three nights this past w/e one being a last minute loss to AC and the other to a come back win over Hingham. Woburn who was dominating all then loss to Belmont but swapped the lines around and "their back" again. Lets talk about Belmont, where the heck did they come from...anybody?
    I'm not taking away from the southeast teams but I just need to read about the notheast teams too!

Sorry, thats all I got for now!!

WT

PS. I also had a hard time signing in, maybe the globe is trying to tell me something!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aldopignotti. Show aldopignotti's posts

The MIAA needs to monitor what is going on with the Wilmington girls hockey team.  Actually, you can't really call them a hockey team as they can't play hockey at all, they just hack and slash the other team until they get slashed backed and that isn't hockey.  I'm actually afraid for the safety of the Wilmington girls.  There's a reason their bench is crowded with injured girls.   All they accomplish hacking the other team is to get the other team mad and guess who gets hurt?  The girls that can't skate.  To compare the Wilmington girls hockey team to a motorcycle gang would be an insult to motorcycle gangs every where.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

More like it- SMH 5 AC 2,
    Strange- Wakefield 3 Woburn 2

Just an FYI for those that are having trouble signing in, log in on the main page of Boston.com not the forum site!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

The MIAA needs to monitor what is going on with the Wilmington girls hockey team.  Actually, you can't really call them a hockey team as they can't play hockey at all, they just hack and slash the other team until they get slashed backed and that isn't hockey.  I'm actually afraid for the safety of the Wilmington girls.  There's a reason their bench is crowded with injured girls.   All they accomplish hacking the other team is to get the other team mad and guess who gets hurt?  The girls that can't skate.  To compare the Wilmington girls hockey team to a motorcycle gang would be an insult to motorcycle gangs every where.
    Posted by aldopignotti

I do believe there is talent among the overboard physical stuff, you'd think they would find it with all the coaches on their bench, I counted at least 5!! Honestly I saw some talent it was raw but that fell by the wayside once they started chopping and lining players up!!

Oh Ya, I did see a Harley outside Ristuccia!

WT

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilledhockeydad. Show Chilledhockeydad's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012 : I do believe there is talent among the overboard physical stuff, you'd think they would find it with all the coaches on their bench, I counted at least 5!! Honestly I saw some talent it was raw but that fell by the wayside once they started chopping and lining players up!! Oh Ya, I did see a Harley outside Ristuccia! WT
    Posted by wtcash

I agree. The Wlimington goalie played well, and kept the score respectable. A few of the players have skills, but the rest were more interested in cross checking than playing hockey. The refs then tried to calm things down by calling lots of penalties on both teams, which made no sense. 
    Stunned to see Wakefield beat Woburn! Wakefield loses to Reading on Saturday, then turns around and outscores Woburn. Did anyone see it? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

I see a few interesting match ups this weekend,

Especially this one-AB vs. Braintree (should Braintree be ranked #10, we'll see)

The others are rematches with a payback in mind
    Walpole vs. Wellesley, Woburn vs Lex. and Arl. vs Belmont

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sleeper3. Show sleeper3's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012 : I agree. The Wlimington goalie played well, and kept the score respectable. A few of the players have skills, but the rest were more interested in cross checking than playing hockey. The refs then tried to calm things down by calling lots of penalties on both teams, which made no sense.  Stunned to see Wakefield beat Woburn! Wakefield loses to Reading on Saturday, then turns around and outscores Woburn. Did anyone see it? 
    Posted by Chilledhockeydad

I remember 3 years ago the Wilmington coach complaining because a 6th grader was playing for Lynn. That team had a center that went on to Northeastern...i believe...he was a real arrogant guy. looks like he could use that 6th gradeer now.
    Karma is pretty sweet sometimes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

I'm not sure why this board is dead, but one reason could be logging in. For a while I tried to log in through this forum but it didn't recognize my password or email,finally I logged in through the very top of the page and it worked.
    hopefully we get people back to get their input and get this forum rolling like in the past.

Sorry for repeating myself, midway through the season we should be having comments left and right.

Also how about masshshockey get a PIM stat sheet, that would be interesting!

WT

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

I'm not sure why this board is dead, but one reason could be logging in. For a while I tried to log in through this forum but it didn't recognize my password or email,finally I logged in through the very top of the page and it worked. hopefully we get people back to get their input and get this forum rolling like in the past. Sorry for repeating myself, midway through the season we should be having comments left and right. Also how about masshshockey get a PIM stat sheet, that would be interesting! WT
    Posted by wtcash

Board may be dead because old blood has moved on, (college that is)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSHockeyParent. Show BSHockeyParent's posts

yes cash its pretty dissappointing.  this board was lit up like a christmas tree this time last year.  Magellan is probably correct.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

There are more issues logging on, seems to reset memory or retained settings more often.  (Note when relogging you see more sub offers...)  Also some have undoubtably moved on and with the changes to Boston.com, less likely to get new blood at the same rate as other forums grow.  Also it seems like there was a lot of down time between contests that mattered in the various leagues, although that is picking up.  There was also the Dominant play of SM and wondering who could knock them off that perch.  For a while Woburn looked like the new Big bully but then they have stubbed their toes a couple of times.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

There are more issues logging on, seems to reset memory or retained settings more often.  (Note when relogging you see more sub offers...)  Also some have undoubtably moved on and with the changes to Boston.com, less likely to get new blood at the same rate as other forums grow.  Also it seems like there was a lot of down time between contests that mattered in the various leagues, although that is picking up.  There was also the Dominant play of SM and wondering who could knock them off that perch.  For a while Woburn looked like the new Big bully but then they have stubbed their toes a couple of times.
    Posted by PetefromNorthofBoston

So true about who's the dominant one this season, it seems each team has a weakness and others find it. Could it be a coaches duel once the tournament starts,I'll bet there will be plenty of scouting before hand. Once I figured AC to be tops but they've shown that they are not when playing against a tough opponent, also SMH doesn't have the depth they once had, but it may be enough to make it and have faired well when needed.
     Its also getting down to the wire for a few teams, Hingham(3pts) and Lexington(2pts) should be in unless the bottom falls out. Watertown(5pts) and Wakefield(6pts) have a good chance but I wouldn't put money on either,Arlington(4pts) seems to have a tough road ahead of them to scrap out a few points.
    No offense to those other close teams, but what is going to happen if you do make it in and finally play against some real competition.., sorry but I believe in going with the RPI rankings, maybe someday!

WT

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scooter8. Show Scooter8's posts

Globe rankings are a joke!   How can AB be ranked #4 behind AC and Duxbury?   AB s/b #1 or 2 (behind Woburn which is a toss-up) after knocking off previous #1 Hingham; compare common opponents of AB and AC (i.e. Fontbonne & Billerica) to see blatant error.   More credible rankings can be found on "masshshockey.com".     Duxbury has played nobody of any significance.   Let's see if ESPN.com gets it right in soon to be released rankings.
    Posted by Go Beez

Yeah, Beez.  Duxbury is weak.  Lame schedule.  Beat Ursuline 6-1 who tied D1 AC 1-1.  Beat #23 Sandwich 6-1.  Beat falmouth twice (a GOOD team - by the way).  Played OK today in a 4-0 shut out of D1 Barnstable.  35-10 in shots.  Beat Canton, Walpole.  Have yet to play their best hockey and it really has not even been close - despite a few close scores.  Too bad they didnt move up to D1 to silence the critics.  But at least ESPN has it right.

The two top teams in EMass? Dux and Belmont.  Sorry AB.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSHockeyParent. Show BSHockeyParent's posts

Scooter - I have seen Dux. Very good team.  Have not seen Belmont but I'd like to hear more about them. Canton is not that good.  The D1 arguement holds little water in my book.  The top teams in D2 can easily hang with the top D1.  There should in fact be a complete realignment.  

When Duxbury faces off against Hignham we'll see.  If they drop that game and AB continues to win, I'm putting AB on top.

Its about that time.   What are the boards predictions for a trip to the Garden?

D1:  AB vs AC or Barnstable unless all 3 end up in the same bracket but I don't see that happening.  I think Woburn is going to end up seeded 4 and will end up in AB bracket and get knocked out.

D2: Dux vs Belmont or Walpole same scenario.  Looks like it shapes up that way at this point in time.  Belmont has 2 losses and would have to run the table to have any chance of grabbing the #1 seed.  Walpole could actually pull it off as they only have 1 loss.  2 losses by Dux (maybe Barnstable and 1 of its last 2) and you could argue Walpole with a 17-1-2 record gets #1 seeding over an 18-2-0 Duxbury but I don't see that really happening.  I'd say that neither Belmont or Walpole want to drop to #4 because you then have the hope that someone else takes Dux out for you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012 : Yeah, Beez.  Duxbury is weak.  Lame schedule.  Beat Ursuline 6-1 who tied D1 AC 1-1.  Beat #23 Sandwich 6-1.  Beat falmouth twice (a GOOD team - by the way).  Played OK today in a 4-0 shut out of D1 Barnstable.  35-10 in shots.  Beat Canton, Walpole.  Have yet to play their best hockey and it really has not even been close - despite a few close scores.  Too bad they didnt move up to D1 to silence the critics.  But at least ESPN has it right. The two top teams in EMass? Dux and Belmont.  Sorry AB.
    Posted by Scooter8

Scooter -
    Sandwich(#27), Falmouth(#33), Canton(#23), Ursuline(#56 that lost to #57 BL)!  Come on, all are very weak teams.  Duxbury has a "creampuff" of a schedule compared to any D1 team.  I will give them credit for a close win over Walpole (which appear to be pretty good) and half credit for shutout of Barnstable who I have seen and am not impressed with!
    We'll truly see how good Duxbury is when they play Hingham and SM.  Good Luck! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSHockeyParent. Show BSHockeyParent's posts

Beez - I want to see the Dux Hingham game.  

What rankings are you using?  Masshockey?  Usually by this time of year the MH rankings are pretty spot on but not this year.  Something is amiss.

Just looking at the D2 rankings will show you that its afu'd.  Belmont ranked at #8. Worse case scenario they should be 3. Wellesley ranked #2? Dedham #7?  

Then if you look at the overall rankings it gets even worse.  

Jim Clark's Herald RPI poll is my vote for the best (although he hasn't updated it in a week.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtcSo_lJMUKtdERya0xacVNkZmFhbFhLeHNvR3RIMXc&hl=en_US#gid=0

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from peaceonearth. Show peaceonearth's posts

The new ESPN poll just out as well and it's not quite right either.  Their editors need to proofread better - comments about Westford Academy about girl from Walpole.  Not sure they have rankings correct either.  Think there will be a clearer picture after tonight as there are some very interesting matchups on the board.  Agree with BSHkyparent that more info on Belmont is warrented.  They appear to be the real deal and could be one of 2 teams to topple Dux. 

And for what it's worth . . . GO PATS!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSHockeyParent. Show BSHockeyParent's posts

ESPN poll - didn't catch that error. Wonder whether they meant to slot Walpole in at 13 or back at 16 which is where they are listed.  

Sections
Shortcuts