EMASS Girls Hockey 2012-2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mm3766. Show mm3766's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2012-2013

Doesn't look like the Miracle sprints are helping Walpole. Maybe you should try whipping the girls , Coach Brooks!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Any details on the game vs Weymouth?  A hot goalie can stone any team, like the young man who made 71 saves to keep win for a struggling team last week.  Walpoles other 3 losses were all to highly successful teams 12-2 Canton, 11-0-1 Falmouth and 9-2-1 Norwood.  Nothing bad about coming up short at the end against those teams.

On another note, the shutout string continued for Woburn with 4 in a row and 6 of their last 7.  It will be interesting to see how they finish out the season as 6 of the 7 remaining games are against teams with pretty good/winning records this year. 8-2-1, 7-5, 9-5, 3-7-1, 10-2-1, 9-2-2 and 9-4.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeychrishna. Show hockeychrishna's posts

as mentioned previously, Walpole has precious littel depth.  1st line center is out with a concussion, and they just don't have the depth to sustain those injuries and not play their best game to win.

Walpole outshot Weymouth 40-22, but could not finish.  Weymouth played hard and got the 2 they needed.

Poor performance by Walpole, but again they are just a good team, nothing more, and they need everyone healthy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mm3766. Show mm3766's posts

In response to hockeychrishna's comment:
    [QUOTE]

as mentioned previously, Walpole has precious littel depth.  1st line center is out with a concussion, and they just don't have the depth to sustain those injuries and not play their best game to win.

Walpole outshot Weymouth 40-22, but could not finish.  Weymouth played hard and got the 2 they needed.

Poor performance by Walpole, but again they are just a good team, nothing more, and they need everyone healthy.

Not bashing the Walpole team. They are a good team and if they play there best game like some other teams they could make a run. But the after game sprints by the coach was perhaps one of the dumbest things I've seen done by a high school coach. I am surprised the AD did not step in.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilledhockeydad. Show Chilledhockeydad's posts

Who makes the tournament from the Middlesex League this year? Woburn and Reading are in.  Lexington at 9-2-1 will make it easily. Arlington and Winchester both have winning records, but face brutal schedules the rest of the way. Arlington finishes with A-B and Hingham, Winchester finishes with St Mary's. Burlington has a shot at the tournament for the first time since I can remember. Is it first time ever? Watertown/Melrose has a shot to make it. Belmont? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

In response to Chilledhockeydad's comment:

Who makes the tournament from the Middlesex League this year? Woburn and Reading are in.  Lexington at 9-2-1 will make it easily. Arlington and Winchester both have winning records, but face brutal schedules the rest of the way. Arlington finishes with A-B and Hingham, Winchester finishes with St Mary's. Burlington has a shot at the tournament for the first time since I can remember. Is it first time ever? Watertown/Melrose has a shot to make it. Belmont? 

Watertown - Has 9 games left so it's a little tough to say. But I feel they have all winable games left. I think they get in but won't put money on it.

Arlington - True fence sitting team. They have a brutal end of season. Belmont and Winchester are no gimme wins. If they lost out the rest of the way it wouldn't be b/c they are a bad team. BUT, if they find a way it...They will have earned in and be playing hot hockey at the right time.

Belmont - Not getting in through the front door. If a D2 teams plays the majority of the schedule against D1 teams, they can use their record against D2 teams to see if they qualify for post season. I have not investigated if they fall into that category.

Burlington - Needs to go 3-3 down the stretch. Stoneham and Wilmington should be W's so I think they get in. And I think it's their first berth.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

North and South All-Stars have been selected. Coaches have been notified and mailing sent home to selected players.  I would image the teams will be published on masshockey.com in the next few weeks. .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Goodtime details on Belmont

Belmont is currently 2-2-0 vs D2 teams with 1 D2 game (Winchester who they beat 3-0 first time) left on their schedule.  They are 2-5-1 against D1 teams with 6 left on the schedule.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

In response to PetefromNorthofBoston's comment:

Goodtime details on Belmont

Belmont is currently 2-2-0 vs D2 teams with 1 D2 game (Winchester who they beat 3-0 first time) left on their schedule.  They are 2-5-1 against D1 teams with 6 left on the schedule.

Looks like there will be a lot riding on the Winchester game.

Here is the MIAA Rule:

In leagues where a team's schedule is comprised of more than seventy percent (70%) of higher division schools, and there is no small and large breakout, all league and non-league contests played against equal and/or lower divisions may solely be considered in the fifty percent (50%) qualifying criteria. Schools may also access the 70% tournament qualifying opportunity if a league is aligned by enrollment BUT the league requires cross-scheduling to the extent that at least 70% of the school’s total required opponents are in a higher tournament division.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

Great schedule of games tonight.  Here are some predictions.  Probably mushing all of the winning teams I am picking.  Lol.

AB 2- LS 1

Braintree 3 - Fontbonne 2

Woburn 5 - Lexington 1

Wellesley 4 - Walpole 2

Marys 4 - Hingham 3

AC 2 - AP 0

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Hmm you skipped a few other good ones.  My guess on those two.

Winchester 3 - Reading 2  (Readings early run is hitting the wall a bit and I predict a 3-4 finish)

Falmouth 3 - Duxbury 1 (after stubbing their toes on Sat, Falmouth will come out flying)

There are 6 matches tonight pitting top 20 teams against each other.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsoxbs. Show patsoxbs's posts

In response to goodtime19's comment:

Great schedule of games tonight.  Here are some predictions.  Probably mushing all of the winning teams I am picking.  Lol.

AB 2- LS 1

Braintree 3 - Fontbonne 2

Woburn 5 - Lexington 1

Wellesley 4 - Walpole 2

Marys 4 - Hingham 3

AC 2 - AP 0

Goodtime called the Wellesley/Walpole game perfectly.  Nice!  Very close on Braintree too.

Good win for Raiders since they were without the state's top scorer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Interesting...

AB 1 - LS 1

Woburn 3 - Lexington 3 (Woburn led 3-0 and gave up the lead....sigh)

Braintree 1 - Fontbonne 0

Falmouth 1 - Duxbury 4 (got that one backwards...Guess Duxbury wanted revenge)

Wellesley 4  -  Walpole 2

Marys  2 - Hingham 2

AC tbd  -  AP tbd

Winchester 0  - Reading 3

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeychrishna. Show hockeychrishna's posts

Walpole was up 2-1 over Wellesley, and game was tied 2-2 with 7 minutes left when Walpole's top defensman got an unsportmanlike, then for good measure a misconduct because she was upset at the ineptitude of the referees. 

It was an even game for the first 38 minutes.  

Refs were absolutely atrocious both ways, why do we get men and women who don't even know the rules of the game.  The botched numerous icings, offsides and even a hand pass in the defensive zone. (allowed in HS)

It is embarassing what both teams have to endure on a nightly basis.

Congrats to Wellesley, they are a good team that skates and plays hard.  BTW Walpole was without our top line Center, a virtual wash with MC for Wellesley.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

The ref's for the girls games seem to be getting worse and worse every year.  Not making excuses, we have our own issues outside of the ref's, but know for a fact our girls lost 3 games directly due to ineptitude of the referee's on the ice. One our goalie lost her blocker, but had the puck in her bare hand holding it against her front, 10 seconds later, still now whistle, player swats at her bare hand forcing her to drop the puck, potential tie now turned into a loss with only 3 seconds remaining in the game. Have watched 4 goals scored by ours go in the net top shelf, hit the bar in the back of the net and pop out and have had all 4 waived off as no goal, refs claiming it hit cross bar and didn't go in...unfortunately for them every game is video'd and there is proof positive all 4 went in. A jam in the front of the net, we jam the puck across the line, ref blows the whistle a good 5 seconds later and calls no goal. Never mind the numerous off sides, the icings that were called when the puck clearly tipped off someones stick at the red line, (have seen those blown both sides), elbows to the head not called, but playing the body and getting the angle to take the puck away called as "checking".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeychrishna. Show hockeychrishna's posts

I am not even getting into whether or not the refs cost us games.  Hopefully they even out.  Some things they will miss.  But I have seen hand passes called in the defensive zone, icings waived off when there wasn't a skater within 30 feet of the puck, full on body checks and hooking let go on a regular basis.  Just basic stuff that every ref getting paid should be able to call consistently.  Too many of them are there for hte money and have little pride in their effort.

It is sad.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bwc1904. Show bwc1904's posts

Officiating for the girls games has been and continues to be horrible.  Cambridge had three goals v. Medford waived off by the officials w/ no explanation.  One I can see, OK; two, sketchy; three, really...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scooter8. Show Scooter8's posts

Right on.  A part of me thinks they take the attitude "its only girl hockey".  Not only are they out of position to make the right call or blow the whistle at the right time they are also in the freakin way ALL THE TIME.  They block both pucks trying to be cleared or dumped into the zone.  Or they are running into players or simply in the way bacuse they dont know where to be - positionally - on the ice.  It is not our imagination and it is not complaining....the majority of the refs really do S*CK!  Another clue of their ineptitude is after a goal is scored and you clearly see them asking the players who scored it...who passed it to you...There are a few good ones that take control of the game (in a good way) and really get it....but far too many feel the need to insert themselves in the game and make themselves the determining factor in who wins or loses instead of just "lettin 'em play".....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeydad2012. Show hockeydad2012's posts

Give me the money as the ref said , this is easy money. My brother refs and I do not like either their. I agree and I do not have anhone playing to many time you can see theyjust do not care. It's only girls hochey

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Netty_North. Show Netty_North's posts

In response to hockeydad2012's comment:

Give me the money as the ref said , this is easy money. My brother refs and I do not like either their. I agree and I do not have anhone playing to many time you can see theyjust do not care. It's only girls hochey

I agree, the officiating for girls hockey is completely unacceptable.    These guys are pathetic, I believe they don't like certain coaches and they could care less if they are being fair, it's more a competitive thing between the refs and the coaches, too many egos involved.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Katprowl17. Show Katprowl17's posts

In response to Netty_North's comment:

In response to hockeydad2012's comment: When we have the refs that are doing the boys games it is great as they let the girls play and it is usually a great officiated game...but when we get refs just for our game, which have been in the past several games, it has been horrific!!  Seems like it is one sided and these have been games at our own rink!!!  We went to AB and played  game and the refs were coming off the ice talking to the parents about their kids and some events that happened on the ice and they laughed about it!!  That to me is just unacceptable and should be reported!!!  These refs should not be allow to do the same venue to have any relationship with the home team!!!  That is where it all starts!!!

I agree, the officiating for girls hockey is completely unacceptable.    These guys are pathetic, I believe they don't like certain coaches and they could care less if they are being fair, it's more a competitive thing between the refs and the coaches, too many egos involved.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ruffian143. Show ruffian143's posts

In response to TDCTom's comment:

In response to ruffian143's comment:

In response to Chilledhockeydad's comment:

In response to ruffian143's comment:

I am a new sports photographer and recently shot a high school girls game at the Peabody rink.  I don't have the euqipment to get good results at a rink like that, however I get great shots at Salem State. 

My question is this, do these teams ever play any post season games at the college rinks, or are they just at municipal barns?

Also, does anyone know if there are either Garden or MIAA restricions on tournament photograpy at the Garden?

Thanks for your time and feedback.  Any help would be appreciated. :)

David :)

The playoff games are typically hosted by the higher ranked team at their home rink. Winchester occassionally had a regular game at a better arena, but it was a regular season one-off. They played at Tsongas Arena once. No idea on the restrictions. Good luck.

Thank you for the feedback.  I appreciate it, very much. :)

The semi-final have been in the Stoneham rink for the past few years.  It's a great rink, but I cannot tell you if the lighting is good enough for quality shots.  Probably not, as it was never set up for television.

Thanks for the response.  I was thinking of doing some practice shoots at the Stoneham Arena, but my guess is that you're right. The lighting would be similar to the Peabody rink and the Johnson rink at M.I.T.  You really need high end glass to shoot those places. :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Netty_North. Show Netty_North's posts

Reading vs. Mary's

Mary's pulled out a win tonight     Reading gave them a run for their money but GC, AB and KF are quite a force and pulled off the win by coming back in the 2nd/3rd.   Once again, the refs were terrible, missing cheap shots on both sides, can't figure out if they are just clueless or if they neglect to make calls intentionally.    Ali  (Reading), a force to watch... fantastic skating tonight by all.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Unfortunately Netty I am starting to believe it is intentional neglect. Watched with my own eyes just a couple weeks ago where the opposing team had 8, yes, 8 players, on the ice during a power play, shocker of shockers, they scored during their 8 on 4 power play. Our coach was losing his ever loving mind, it wasn't as though the 8 were out there for just a few seconds, they were out there for the last 30+ seconds of the power play, 2 were right outside the blue line and 6 were in the offensive zone when the goal was scored (goalie was pulled).  Not only did the goal count, no too many men was issued to other team, but our coach was issued a bench minor for losing his mind on the ref's after pointing out the extra players.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Netty_North. Show Netty_North's posts

In response to Hockeymomsrule's comment:

Unfortunately Netty I am starting to believe it is intentional neglect. Watched with my own eyes just a couple weeks ago where the opposing team had 8, yes, 8 players, on the ice during a power play, shocker of shockers, they scored during their 8 on 4 power play. Our coach was losing his ever loving mind, it wasn't as though the 8 were out there for just a few seconds, they were out there for the last 30+ seconds of the power play, 2 were right outside the blue line and 6 were in the offensive zone when the goal was scored (goalie was pulled).  Not only did the goal count, no too many men was issued to other team, but our coach was issued a bench minor for losing his mind on the ref's after pointing out the extra players.

Its got to be a guy ego thing.     If the refs were thinking about their job at hand and if they could understand that it's not about them, it's about the kids playing hockey,  it would be so different but these guys obviously have some serious issues.   

Sections
Shortcuts