EMASS Girls Hockey 2012-2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2012-2013

In response to Scooter8's comment:

In response to BlackandOrange's comment:

Dear Scooter,

On behalf of the Woburn parents, please start wearing your helmet when you ride!

Enjoy the Jersey Shore!!

Will do.  Good luck with the cream-puff schedule.  You can boast amongst each other about your great record at the end of the regular season.  Then it will be one-and-done in the post season.  At least you can follow the south shore teams as they move deep into the playoffs...

It is really, really unfortunate that they don't do Super 8.  Although whoever ended up #9 would be really, really p.ssed off.  Best way to do it (IMO) would be top 10 with #7-10 engaging in a 'play-in' game to determine the 8.

For my next act I will bring world peace :-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandOrange. Show BlackandOrange's posts

Dear Scooter2,

Thanks for the well wishes.  I'm sure your team will go far in the D2 tourney...Can't win D1 if you're not in it...Woburn was D2, but they stepped up.  Go figure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

Thanks for the well wishes.  I'm sure your team will go far in the D2 tourney...Can't win D1 if you're not in it...Woburn was D2, but they stepped up.  Go figure.

More like sideways :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

As for a Super 8 or any special system, the last team out is always annoyed they did not get invited.  However, it is often very very hard to make a case that the #9 or #11 team on your list has any sort of real chance at winning it all.   So that is not a great arguement.

However, what a Super 8 would do is open the field up like it does in the Boys divisions to having a number of GOOD teams compete for their division titles instead of just being roadbumps most years in the way of the handful of top tier programs in the state.  The names in the final 8 or final 4 of the playoffs each year do not change that often.  Some communities have really strong hockey feeder programs and others do not.  Just like some football teams seem to ALWAYs be in contention for the football Superbowls.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scooter8. Show Scooter8's posts

In response to ghockeydad's comment:

More like sideways :-)

Alot of the outstanding temas in D2 probably considered it but determined that there just is not enough good competition in the D1 ranks. The thought is that it would actually be a step down which is what the Black and Orange must have been looking to do...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandOrange. Show BlackandOrange's posts

Dear Scooter2,

I think the reason you're bad mouthing the North Shore Teams is because you know little or nothing about them.  So, I'll fill you in.  The Woburn girls practiced today for the first time in their new 400 seat outdoor facility, The Galvin Arena....it is BEAUTIFUL!.  Dress warm when you come to Woburn.

The Woburn girls have posted back-to-back shutouts since moving their star goalie to defense, and inserting a freshman who's been playing stellar...CD playing the point, has a rocket for a shot!  Even broke a puck in the Belmont game!...Woburn plays Reading Saturday, who are also undefeated, and they haven't even dressed their new Russian transfer student (with a broken hand!).

Another team looking up is St Mary's.  Things have improved greatly since Frank switched them into his new spider trap system...tuff, tuff to score on!...

There is still plenty more from the North Shore.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

disconnected question / comments:

1. Wellesley vs Milton 4 -3.  I expected a blowout.  Did Wellesely not show up? Milton play inspired? 

2. Petefrom the north-  spot on.  Problem is you could probably throw teams 5 - 12 in a hat.  I'd just hate to be the team not at the dance.  

3. B&O - you're spot-on too (at least with me, I can't speak for scooter).  I only see the teams we play, and then draw my conclusion from who they play.   I like the herald's rpi poll best but I know its flawed.  Good thing too or I wouldn't be able to complain :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

Dear Scooter,

On behalf of the Woburn parents, please start wearing your helmet when you ride!

Enjoy the Jersey Shore!!

Will do.  Good luck with the cream-puff schedule.  You can boast amongst each other about your great record at the end of the regular season.  Then it will be one-and-done in the post season.  At least you can follow the south shore teams as they move deep into the playoffs...

Scooter -

As they say: People in glass houses should not throw stones.  You talk about a cream-puff sched; take a look at Falmouth's (outside of Duxbury, it's downright pathetic).  When you play non-league Arlington Cath and Hingham we'll see what you're made of!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from peaceonearth. Show peaceonearth's posts

Black and Orange, that's very interesting stuff. Had no idea CD not playing goal - she was a great goalie so ...  wow!  Will be watching for the Woburn/Reading score from this weekend.

GHD and PNB, seems like we are all in agreement on Super 8.  I like the playin idea for 7-12 though.  Boys baseball looks like it's going to go super 8, maybe now is the time to start moving that direction.  Does anyone know if the coaches want this?  Our coach doesn't really speak so I'd have no idea...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

In response to Go Beez's comment:

Dear Scooter,

Enjoy the Jersey Shore!!

Scooter -

As they say: People in glass houses should not throw stones.  You talk about a cream-puff sched; take a look at Falmouth's (outside of Duxbury, it's downright pathetic).  When you play non-league Arlington Cath and Hingham we'll see what you're made of!

Beez - what are you smoking?  I want some!   Are you one of those dinosours who thinks that the only team in D2 that can compete with D1 is Duxbury?

There are 3 or 4 teams on Falmouth's schedule who would be excellent competition for Hingham, Duxbury or AC.  In particular, Wellesley is young, deep and has excellent goaltending.   Commenting that an entire schedule is pathatic is ignorant and is an insult to all the teams on that schedule.  I agree that many of the teams that Falmouth faces are weak, but that is true for any of the top teams D1 or D2.

Falmouth defeated Duxbury and they are certainly capable of defeating Hingham and AC.  In fact, I would not be surprised if they ran the table.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Bahahahahaha thanks for the entertainment this morning B&O, haven't laughed like that reading this board in a few years. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

Dear Scooter,

Enjoy the Jersey Shore!!

Scooter -

Beez - what are you smoking?  I want some!   Are you one of those dinosours who thinks that the only team in D2 that can compete with D1 is Duxbury?

There are 3 or 4 teams on Falmouth's schedule who would be excellent competition for Hingham, Duxbury or AC.  In particular, Wellesley is young, deep and has excellent goaltending.   Commenting that an entire schedule is pathatic is ignorant and is an insult to all the teams on that schedule.  I agree that many of the teams that Falmouth faces are weak, but that is true for any of the top teams D1 or D2.

Falmouth defeated Duxbury and they are certainly capable of defeating Hingham and AC.  In fact, I would not be surprised if they ran the table.

I'm sure there are plenty of teams in D2 that can compete in D1 as D1 has many weak teams as well.  In defense of B&O, Woburn would beat Falmouth 9 out of 10 times and Hingham will beat Falmouth by at least 3 goals; regardless of Falmouth beating Duxbury which was a shock (every dog has it's day!).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

Dear Scooter2,

I think the reason you're bad mouthing the North Shore Teams is because you know little or nothing about them.  So, I'll fill you in.  The Woburn girls practiced today for the first time in their new 400 seat outdoor facility, The Galvin Arena....it is BEAUTIFUL!.  Dress warm when you come to Woburn.

The Woburn girls have posted back-to-back shutouts since moving their star goalie to defense, and inserting a freshman who's been playing stellar...CD playing the point, has a rocket for a shot!  Even broke a puck in the Belmont game!...Woburn plays Reading Saturday, who are also undefeated, and they haven't even dressed their new Russian transfer student (with a broken hand!).

Another team looking up is St Mary's.  Things have improved greatly since Frank switched them into his new spider trap system...tuff, tuff to score on!...

Hey B&O -

CD playing defense is a crime as she IS (was?) the best goalie in the state.  Are you just kidding? Who is this freshman, as I only see a senior as the other goalie on roster?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from peaceonearth. Show peaceonearth's posts

Dear Scooter2,

Hey B&O -

CD playing defense is a crime as she IS (was?) the best goalie in the state.  Are you just kidding? Who is this freshman, as I only see a senior as the other goalie on roster?

Pretty sure everyone took this as a joke beez . . . even those of us from below the mass pike!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

In response to peaceonearth's comment:

Dear Scooter2,

Hey B&O -

Pretty sure everyone took this as a joke beez . . . even those of us from below the mass pike!

Dah!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Um yah, CD is still between the pipes.  18 for 18 saved in their last game, second shutout in a row.  Big one tonight.  Get to see how the new Reading team stacks up against them  Reading has played some nice games with a Win vs Arlington and a tie vs Lexington, a couple of other solid teams.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilledhockeydad. Show Chilledhockeydad's posts

Anyone see Winchester vs Arlington? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mm3766. Show mm3766's posts

What is up with the Walpole coach"Herb Brooks"? Lost two games in a row to two better teams and made his girls stay on the ice after the games and do sprints. Obviously, he is a moron, but do the parents and the AD think this is a good teaching tool for the girls?? Lose-you get punished .

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Having not seen the game, one can only guess, but perhaps the young ladies did not appear to be hustling enough for him in the game?  Perhaps they went into the game already mentally conceding defeat and did not appear to trying hard enough for him?  Now doing it right after a game?  That seems a little wierd, like having your hoops player who routinely bricks free throws stay on the court after a game to practice.  I know back when I was coaching soccer, sometimes a lot of the kids just did not spend any energy out there.  I could have easily told them at the end of a game/practice, that since you saved up so much energy during the game/practice, I am sure you still have enough to run a few laps of the field before we go.  Lesson being, give what you have during the game/practice.  Notice how many times the "better" teams seems to be playing with more energy late in games, they are not resting on the field or ice, but giving their all.  Maybe?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

In response to Chilledhockeydad's comment:

Anyone see Winchester vs Arlington? 

Nope but here are box score details from the local papers.

Arlington 1 0 1 =2

WINCHESTER 2 1 0 =3

First Period: W-Gehrig (Marx) 7:08; W-Ewing (M. Zavez, Carson) 8:40; A-Wright (Morse, Hickey) 12:54. Penalties: A-Morse (unsportsmanlike) 7:43.

Second Period: W-Gehrig (none) 3:43. Penalties: A-Morse (holding) 10:50; W-K. Zavez (hooking) 11:40; A-Campbell-Breen (slashing) 13:54.

Third Period: A-Reilly (Woodin, Morse) 13:41. Penalties: W-Olson (elbowing) 9:17; A-Colarusso (interference) 12:59; W-K. Zavez (cross-checking) 12:59.

Goalies (saves): A-Gilligan (24); W-Pantano (21).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeychrishna. Show hockeychrishna's posts

falmouth certainly was the better team.  but not by the 5 goal margin.  shots were even.  walpole goalie had a tough time early, letting in 2 very bad goals of the 3 goals in first 5 minutes.  totally set the tone.  falmouth goalie was solid.  falmouth very deep with quite a few good players.  hs coaches dream, good players, not great so they stay public together.

if i am the goalie, i look long and hard at a prep school, could get noticed.

running sprints after the game was stupid.  walpole played hard, they just don't have enough talent or should i say depth?  their top few players looked better than falmouth's but it wasn't close to enough.  walpole coach sending the mesage that the girls didn't play hard, which i totlally disagree with.  he could have done the same thing against norwood last saturday, that game walpole did not show up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from peaceonearth. Show peaceonearth's posts

In response to hockeychrishna's comment:
    [QUOTE]

falmouth certainly was the better team.  but not by the 5 goal margin.  shots were even.  walpole goalie had a tough time early, letting in 2 very bad goals of the 3 goals in first 5 minutes.  totally set the tone.  falmouth goalie was solid.  falmouth very deep with quite a few good players.  hs coaches dream, good players, not great so they stay public together.

if i am the goalie, i look long and hard at a prep school, could get noticed.

running sprints after the game was stupid.  walpole played hard, they just don't have enough talent or should i say depth?  their top few players looked better than falmouth's but it wasn't close to enough.  walpole coach sending the mesage that the girls didn't play hard, which i totlally disagree with.  he could have done the same thing against norwood last saturday, that game walpole did not show up.

Falmouth was the better team, as you said, but agree not by 5 goals.  Walpole coach IS a moron and got completely outcoached by Norwood coach on Sat.  He made them sprint after that game too, which by the way, most of the girls didn't play as hard as they could.  Still, stupid move by him, since he got outcoached.

Walpole's issues are multi level.  1) Poor coaching which leads to 2) poor practice regimen and 3) lack of depth, little or no talent from freshman class and loss of 2 to prep school and 1 to graduation.  Lack of discipline on the ice, poor, if any, passing and only 1 D who can actually play isn't going to win you games against the tough teams.  Some of these areas can be fixed but it's going to take a team effort.  Right now, doesn't look like they are playing like a team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pp29. Show pp29's posts

where did the forum go?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mm3766. Show mm3766's posts

GoodTime - where did you hear about the Girls All Star event?  Really interesting.

Baystate Herget -  I believe its Wellesley's to lose.  Walpole is the only team that could upset them but I doubt it happens.  Walpole eked out a tie with Wellesleybut Wellesley was missing their top D, Goss.  She is easily in the discussion as one of top D in D2.  Norwood doesn't have the goaltending to to keep up.  They got wacked by Wellesely 8-2.  Personally, I think Milton, Dedham and Natick will be lucky to make the tournament.

Baystate Carey - I'm giving the nod to Framingham over Braintree.

Big Falmouth win over Duxbury.  Almost wish they hadn't won.  I'm afraid this will wake Duxbury up.   Hope I'm wrong.  

Agree with you on the top 5 D2 but to put them in order

Dux

Falmouth

Wellesley

Walpole / Canton pickem

Sections
Shortcuts