1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

Re: EMASS Girls H.S. Hockey 2013-2014

In response to HockeyDad01's comment:

My personal favorite is Tewksbury/Methuen in division 2.  They are the only unbeaten/untied left, and have wins over a few solid D1 teams (Billerica, Lincoln/Sudbury, and Chelmsford) under their belts.

T/M will not lose a game until they play Andover at the end of year. I don't believe any of the 3 teams that you mention above are solid at all; my opinion. T/M is a 1 player team; although, they appear to have a pretty good goalie. With such a weak schedule, and 1 goal scorer, they will not last long in tourney vs a Fontbonne, Westwood or Falmouth (I almost said Duxbury!).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HockeyDad01. Show HockeyDad01's posts

Beez, have you seen any of the teams I mentioned play?  Yes, one player does score a lot of goals, but T/M is far from a one player team - their 1.50 GAA is evidence of that alone. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyfanok. Show hockeyfanok's posts

Hockeydad

Not to take anything away from T/W but Billerica and Chelmsford have been two up and down teams this year.Both look real good one game and then lose to teams they should beat. Lets see if they blow out Melrose, who might not be a top team but are a pretty good one, with good goalie and strong D.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

Hi everyone, haven't been on here in years, daughter played for SMH 2006-2010 she's  in college now.
    Well I have been reading all your post and would like to throw out a team that I think has gone under the rador and is playing very well, my only source is masshshochey.com but there numbers are good and there wins were solid (one loss to SM 1-0) did see SM play,Ok on the Defence and no Offence.

Austin Prep

Well that my dark horse right now

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

In response to magellann's comment:

Hi everyone, haven't been on here in years, daughter played for SMH 2006-2010 she's  in college now.
    Well I have been reading all your post and would like to throw out a team that I think has gone under the rador and is playing very well, my only source is masshshochey.com but there numbers are good and there wins were solid (one loss to SM 1-0) did see SM play,Ok on the Defence and no Offence.

Austin Prep

I heard they are very good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

Beez, have you seen any of the teams I mentioned play?  Yes, one player does score a lot of goals, but T/M is far from a one player team - their 1.50 GAA is evidence of that alone. 

Yes, I have and I have looked at their scores against other teams that I am familitary with and I am not impressed. I think the 1.50 GAA is a combo of a pretty good goalie and subpar competition. Again, that's just my opinion.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyfanok. Show hockeyfanok's posts

T/M's opponents combided record is 36-43-17. Weston/Wayland only team with a solid win lose record(7-3-2)  Billercia, Chelmsford L/S and Algon/,Hudson all around five hundred, CC,HavNA,CC  5 wins total schedule is weak so next year get better out of league games. This will help come tournament time

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsforum. Show sportsforum's posts

In response to NNDad's comment:

@sportsforum - what do you mean by only 4 players on the team?  Which team?  Do you have a link to the article?

Article link below to NNDAD, sorry for the delay.

Tell-tale article link below, regarding initial comment posted.  Many seniors on that team were not recognized or pictured, including another top senior on the team who will be playing D1 collegiate lacrosse next year whom I might add went to the US Hockey Nationals last year in California, along with another player currently on the team, and neither of these facts were mentioned. Also a few seniors who are successful in field hockey, and non-mentioned are honor students. Not to mention the fact that their are also talented juniors and outstanding sophomores there helping the team along for the past few years.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2014/01/16/kim-egizi-seniors-have-changed-face-westwood-girls-hockey-program/CmWgsJkDVFXg8nA5fKcofN/story.html

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeychix. Show Hockeychix's posts

In response to Go Beez's comment:

Austin Prep

I heard they are very good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyfanok. Show hockeyfanok's posts

Lynn/Winthrop loses to Medford then beats St Mary's , Watertown/Belmont ties Woburn. The field gets bigger and bigger.No clear favorite yet. I still think Reading( AP dark horse) but they had a squirer against Melrose. (let down game?)This years tournament should be interesting if nothing else.Look at the top ten teams and check out thier records againts each other. Reading 2w-1l-1t Wob 1l,AB 2l,Barn 1t-1l,Dux 1t-1w,Bev/Dan 1w, StM 2l-1w, AC 1t-1w,AP 1l, Lynn/Win 1w. The next five teams Braint none, Andover 2l-2w-1t, Hing 5l 1t, Wat/Bel 1l-1w,1t, seems Andover and Hing have had the stronger schedules.Keep playing can not over look anyone

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyfanok. Show hockeyfanok's posts

Westford 3l

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sudco. Show sudco's posts

Yes, I have and I have looked at their scores against other teams that I am familitary with and I am not impressed. I think the 1.50 GAA is a combo of a pretty good goalie and subpar competition. Again, that's just my opinion.

HNIB disagrees with you.

http://hnibnews.com/2014/01/26/mass-hs-girls-tewksburymethuen-an-immediate-success/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

In response to sudco's comment:

HNIB disagrees with you.

http://hnibnews.com/2014/01/26/mass-hs-girls-tewksburymethuen-an-immediate-success/

No, I don't think the article disagrees with me. I will say that I wasn't aware of the defenseman with some relatively good stats though. I don't believe that they'll have a chance against any half decent  D1 teams (Andover) or very goo, solid and deep D2 teams such as Fontbonne & Westwood.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sudco. Show sudco's posts

In response to sudco's comment:

HNIB disagrees with you.

No, I don't think the article disagrees with me. I will say that I wasn't aware of the defenseman with some relatively good stats though. I don't believe that they'll have a chance against any half decent  D1 teams (Andover) or very goo, solid and deep D2 teams such as Fontbonne & Westwood.

I almost agree with you there.  Those three teams have beaten some good teams.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Well as I wondered at the beginning of the season, 'it'll be interesting what some new faces and attitudes and a whole new coaching staff will bring'....the answer is in the upset of the day: Framingham 4 Wellesley 3 and Wellesley undefeated season now gone. A day where the phrase sometimes 'heart beats talent' is very accurate. Amazing effort by the girls. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

My personal favorite is Tewksbury/Methuen in division 2.  They are the only unbeaten/untied left, and have wins over a few solid D1 teams (Billerica, Lincoln/Sudbury, and Chelmsford) under their belts.

T/M will not lose a game until they play Andover at the end of year. I don't believe any of the 3 teams that you mention above are solid at all; my opinion. T/M is a 1 player team; although, they appear to have a pretty good goalie. With such a weak schedule, and 1 goal scorer, they will not last long in tourney vs a Fontbonne, Westwood or Falmouth (I almost said Duxbury!).

Wow! Was I ever wrong. How could T/M lose to lowly Leominster/St Bernies? Sorry 'hockeymomsrule' but this is the biggest upset of the day by far. AC must not have played due to injury or sickness? Anybody go to this game? Please give us the story.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

LOL Nothing to apologize for Beez! :)  Seems there were 2 teams on the ice yesterday who decided to prove they could do more than most thought they could. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

In response to Hockeymomsrule's comment:

LOL Nothing to apologize for Beez! :)  Seems there were 2 teams on the ice yesterday who decided to prove they could do more than most thought they could. 

Taking nothing away from the Flyers! Nice win!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sudco. Show sudco's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Wow! Was I ever wrong. How could T/M lose to lowly Leominster/St Bernies? Sorry 'hockeymomsrule' but this is the biggest upset of the day by far. AC must not have played due to injury or sickness? Anybody go to this game? Please give us the story.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's hard to win when you only play one period.  T/M didn't play well, and L/St. B's did.  Their goalie was outstanding last night.  Saw about 30 shots, and controlled her rebounds.  There weren't many second chances.  Oh well, time to start another streak.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Laughed out loud when DD walked in the door after the game and starts quoting the greatest coach ever "they might beat us 9 times out of 10, but not tonight. Tonight is OUR night". Kid cracks me up. I do have to say, it is refreshing to see so many smiling faces on our bench this year. Not because they're suddenly a power house because of the coaching change, but because they finally feel like their coaches believe in them. I have a very strong feeling that last year would have had a completely different outcome if this coaching change had occurred then. But better late than never! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Think flyers just clinched tourney berth with win over Weymouth.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

In response to Hockeymomsrule's comment:

Think flyers just clinched tourney berth with win over Weymouth.

Congrats!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeychix. Show Hockeychix's posts

Austin Prep

Hey Coach i mean Magellan, hows that dark horse doing tonight? BTW, It was 2011, not 2010.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyfanok. Show hockeyfanok's posts

Six games left for most teams and I'm starting to like Duxbury and. Reading. No other teams really stand out but let's see what happens. Hockeymom sounds like the suffering is over and Framingham is on the up swing.I have not seen them play but it looks like they are a sound team.How is the competition this year in the Bay State League? T/M surprised me against Melrose, hats off to them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

In response to Hockeychix's comment:

Austin Prep

Hey Coach i mean Magellan, hows that dark horse doing tonight? BTW, It was 2011, not 2010.

Hockeychix, so what, they lost to the best team in state (AC); yes AC is better than both Duxbury and Reading.

Sections
Shortcuts