1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

Re: EMASS Girls H.S. Hockey 2013-2014

In response to hockeyfanok's comment:

Six games left for most teams and I'm starting to like Duxbury and. Reading. No other teams really stand out but let's see what happens. Hockeymom sounds like the suffering is over and Framingham is on the up swing.I have not seen them play but it looks like they are a sound team.How is the competition this year in the Bay State League? T/M surprised me against Melrose, hats off to them.

T/M surprised you against Melrose? How is that, Melrose does not appear to be a very good team based on this season's results. Although, T/M did surprise me recently with loss to Leominster/St Bernie's, hats off to L/St B's!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyfanok. Show hockeyfanok's posts

Go Beez

Thought Melrose would play a little better than they did. Lost 2-1 to Reading (goalie for Melrose played good ) defense was solid. they had no answer for the 8th grader.(5 goals)I agree AC good team, last game against Duxbury should tell alot

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeychix. Show Hockeychix's posts

In response to Go Beez's comment:

In response to Hockeychix's comment:

In response to magellann's comment:

Hi everyone, haven't been on here in years, daughter played for SMH 2006-2010 she's  in college now.
    Well I have been reading all your post and would like to throw out a team that I think has gone under the rador and is playing very well, my only source is masshshochey.com but there numbers are good and there wins were solid (one loss to SM 1-0) did see SM play,Ok on the Defence and no Offence.

Austin Prep

Well that my dark horse right now

Hey Coach i mean Magellan, hows that dark horse doing tonight? BTW, It was 2011, not 2010.

Hockeychix, so what, they lost to the best team in state (AC); yes AC is better than both Duxbury and Reading.

Hardly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

Go Beez

Thought Melrose would play a little better than they did. Lost 2-1 to Reading (goalie for Melrose played good ) defense was solid. they had no answer for the 8th grader.(5 goals)I agree AC good team, last game against Duxbury should tell alot

8th grader on T/M scored 5? Wow, that's pretty impressive. Looking at their roster, with so many 7th and 8th graders on top of an already sufficient # of HS age players tells me that they are abusing the waiver rule along with others such as Beverly; when is the MIAA going to get serious and start cracking down on the cheating?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyfanok. Show hockeyfanok's posts

F AC, Reading and Duxbury will be the teams to beat. Ac not enought offense to go all the way great defense no offense will cost them in turnament

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Six games left for most teams and I'm starting to like Duxbury and. Reading. No other teams really stand out but let's see what happens. Hockeymom sounds like the suffering is over and Framingham is on the up swing.I have not seen them play but it looks like they are a sound team.How is the competition this year in the Bay State League? T/M surprised me against Melrose, hats off to them.

Baysate is definitely not as strong overall this year as it has been in years past. Everyone in Carey seems to be in the same position - decent goal tending, decent defense, no snipers. A lot of teams getting it done with gritty hard work.  For us, biggest difference this year from last is just an overall better mental attitude. They actually lost their leading goal scorers last year to graduation and their current 2 leading goal scorers are both playing their first seasons at forward. Both of them are starting to really get it and and it's starting to click for them. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

Anybody have thoughts on the different rankings: MassHShockey, HNIB, Globe, Herald, ESPN? I will start by asking who the heck is putting together the Globe rankings? Seems like their volleyball, basketball & soccer sports staff at the Globe as they are awful, out of touch. Appears as if they copy ESPN then sprinkle their home towns into top 10, 15 (ie, Falmouth, Andover, Winthrop,...).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sudco. Show sudco's posts

Go Beez

8th grader on T/M scored 5? Wow, that's pretty impressive. Looking at their roster, with so many 7th and 8th graders on top of an already sufficient # of HS age players tells me that they are abusing the waiver rule along with others such as Beverly; when is the MIAA going to get serious and start cracking down on the cheating?

The eighth grader did not score 5 goals against Melrose.  She had one.  She did have a hat trick against Central this weekend, though, as did a freshman.

With the 7th and 8th graders, TM has 20 skaters on the roster.  Without them, they would have 12.  Doesn't seem like abuse or cheating to me.  Looks like they are following the spirit of the waiver rule.  But I am biased, I guess.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

In response to sudco's comment:

Go Beez

The eighth grader did not score 5 goals against Melrose.  She had one.  She did have a hat trick against Central this weekend, though, as did a freshman.

With the 7th and 8th graders, TM has 20 skaters on the roster.  Without them, they would have 12.  Doesn't seem like abuse or cheating to me.  Looks like they are following the spirit of the waiver rule.  But I am biased, I guess.

Having 8 waiver player is really going to help them in a few years!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

In response to sudco's comment:

Go Beez

They are using the waiver to bolster their depth, not to keep their team viable. Numerous teams operate with 12-15 skaters every single season. Have much more respect for the program that goes with what they have available by true eligiblitity than the one who brings in the middle schoolers just to give themselves a stronger & deeper team. Which is exactly what T/M and many others have been doing. It's nothing more than finding that loophole to make it work for that teams level of competiveness.  It may be technically legal, but it's abuse of the intention of the waiver no matter how you slice it. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sudco. Show sudco's posts

[/QUOTE]

They are using the waiver to bolster their depth, not to keep their team viable. Numerous teams operate with 12-15 skaters every single season. Have much more respect for the program that goes with what they have available by true eligiblitity than the one who brings in the middle schoolers just to give themselves a stronger & deeper team. Which is exactly what T/M and many others have been doing. It's nothing more than finding that loophole to make it work for that teams level of competiveness.  It may be technically legal, but it's abuse of the intention of the waiver no matter how you slice it. 

[/QUOTE]

T/M is a co-op program that must split up in a few years.  Both towns will have to have enough players to form separate teams.  Bringing girls into the program early is a good way to do that.  Last season, they had to open the team up to 7th and 8th graders because they only had 7 skaters. 

What they are doing is no different  than Winthrop/Lynn, Beverly/Danvers, Medway/Ashland, Watertown/Belmont, etc.  It is necessary to build the programs so that younger girls in the next several years will stay in town to play, instead of going to private schools.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

The only time coop teams or using middle school waivers is annoying to me (from a general support of HS girls hocket perspective) would be if existing HS age girls on those towns and teams were cut to make room for the young players.  Kids get hurt or sick all the time, so you need some bodies to fill up those rosters to avoid potentially dangerous situations later in the season.  Three lines (9), 2 sets of D (4) and 2 goalies (2) is fifeteen bodies.  You are very very likely to need to replace some girls along the way.   More is better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

In response to Hockeychix's comment:

In response to magellann's comment:

Hi everyone, haven't been on here in years, daughter played for SMH 2006-2010 she's  in college now.
    Well I have been reading all your post and would like to throw out a team that I think has gone under the rador and is playing very well, my only source is masshshochey.com but there numbers are good and there wins were solid (one loss to SM 1-0) did see SM play,Ok on the Defence and no Offence.

Austin Prep

Well that my dark horse right now

Hey Coach i mean Magellan, hows that dark horse doing tonight? BTW, It was 2011, not 2010.

No coach here,  don't even know what that's suposed to mean? I just looked at there record , the team they play, GA and GF and went with that. Good tested teams seem to be there in the end right or wrong?

PS my kid is long gone and Is playing softball in college, so hs hockey is a after tought in my life now.

Everyone enjoy this time with your daughter, greatest time of my life the togetherness from the first time she put on those skates, to driving to tourament in the car, to talking after a game when she's hungrey,until she's in High school and she can drive herself home after practice. Then it's over, and then u wish u could do it all over again, but u can't.

Enjoy the time You have with here!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyfanok. Show hockeyfanok's posts

Hi Sudco

Thanks for setting me stright, I was misinformed about the five goals. I will double check all information in the future. St Marys v Woburn tonight, any predictions??  Duxbury v Lynn/Winthrop tomorrow??  Woburn and Duxbury.

Maybe all co-op teams, regional schools (AB) (CC) and Catholic Schools should have there own tournament.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Woburn over St. Mary's 3-0. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

Hi Sudco

Thanks for setting me stright, I was misinformed about the five goals. I will double check all information in the future. St Marys v Woburn tonight, any predictions??  Duxbury v Lynn/Winthrop tomorrow??  Woburn and Duxbury.

Maybe all co-op teams, regional schools (AB) (CC) and Catholic Schools should have there own tournament.  

My predictions:

Winthrop/Lynn beats Duxbury; Duxbury beats Woburn

No surprise that Woburn beat St Mary's last night.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Well that is 3 shutouts in a row for CD at Woburn.  Rounding into end of the season form hopefully.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

In response to PetefromNorthofBoston's comment:

Well that is 3 shutouts in a row for CD at Woburn.  Rounding into end of the season form hopefully.

She's a very good goalie! Although, looking at the 3 teams that she played against, I'll give her credit only for St Mary's.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scooter8. Show Scooter8's posts

Hi Sudco

My predictions:

Good prediction Beez. You were right on. Oh wait ....you were a tad off. Dux 9 Winthrop/Lynn 0. And Duxbury didn't really play that great....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

In response to Scooter8's comment:

Hi Sudco

My predictions:

Good prediction Beez. You were right on. Oh wait ....you were a tad off. Dux 9 Winthrop/Lynn 0. And Duxbury didn't really play that great....

No kidding, huh! Wow, that's embarrassing. Duxbury has been struggling lately so I thought this would be that game. Was Winthrop short players or did they just stink it up?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeychix. Show Hockeychix's posts

In response to Scooter8's comment:

Hi Sudco

My predictions:

No kidding, huh! Wow, that's embarrassing. Duxbury has been struggling lately so I thought this would be that game. Was Winthrop short players or did they just stink it up?

I wonder what the number of shots on net were for that game if 9 went in!   The Lynn goalie is usually excellent, i bet she stopped alot.    Interesting score.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyfanok. Show hockeyfanok's posts

Go Beez

you are right, the rankings at masshshockey are way off, would like to see the formula, Woburn and duxbury both won but can Woburn catch Reading for the Middlesex league championship? Wellesley looking good in d2 even thougt they seem to lose in the tournament what happened to NN?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NNDad. Show NNDad's posts

... what happened to NN?

Nothing has really happened to NN.  They are pretty much the same team they were on the first day of the season.  The early 4-0 was helped by Walpole and Lexington having off years.  They lost a couple with key players out, but for the most part they are where everyone else is in the Baystate as HMR mentioned.  They played well against Norwood and Wellesley.  I didn't see what happened against Dedham, and the last game against Braintree was closer than the score indicates.  They could probably win the rest of their games, or they could just as easily lose the rest of their games.  It's going to be close down to the wire whether they make tournament.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shoot2score. Show shoot2score's posts

Looking like somewhere near 21/22 teams will qualify for the tournament in Division 1 this year.

Might be the most wide open tournament field in years with 8-10 teams that would not surprise me if they ended up winning the whole thing.

There will be a number of big games coming up that will determine who is in and who is out.  Looking at Billerica vs. Chelmsford as one of the big ones as both teams could need those two points to qualify.

My guess at the top four seeds in the tournament are: Watertown/Belmont, Duxbury, Acton/Boxboro, and Reading. If one of these falter look for Arlington Catholic to jump in to the top 4 seeds.

Sections
Shortcuts