EMASS Girls H.S. Hockey 2013-2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

Re: EMASS Girls H.S. Hockey 2013-2014

In response to shoot2score's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Looking like somewhere near 21/22 teams will qualify for the tournament in Division 1 this year.

Might be the most wide open tournament field in years with 8-10 teams that would not surprise me if they ended up winning the whole thing.

There will be a number of big games coming up that will determine who is in and who is out.  Looking at Billerica vs. Chelmsford as one of the big ones as both teams could need those two points to qualify.

My guess at the top four seeds in the tournament are: Watertown/Belmont, Duxbury, Acton/Boxboro, and Reading. If one of these falter look for Arlington Catholic to jump in to the top 4 seeds.

[/QUOTE]
    Interesting! Agree with your top 4 except for W/B who just lost to Burlington; you would have had it right if you originally included AC without even mentioning W/B.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shoot2score. Show shoot2score's posts

In response to Go Beez's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Looking like somewhere near 21/22 teams will qualify for the tournament in Division 1 this year.

Might be the most wide open tournament field in years with 8-10 teams that would not surprise me if they ended up winning the whole thing.

There will be a number of big games coming up that will determine who is in and who is out.  Looking at Billerica vs. Chelmsford as one of the big ones as both teams could need those two points to qualify.

My guess at the top four seeds in the tournament are: Watertown/Belmont, Duxbury, Acton/Boxboro, and Reading. If one of these falter look for Arlington Catholic to jump in to the top 4 seeds.

[/QUOTE]
    Interesting! Agree with your top 4 except for W/B who just lost to Burlington; you would have had it right if you originally included AC without even mentioning W/B.

[/QUOTE]

Beez,

Since the tournament is seeded by winning percentage I believe Watertown/Belmont, even with the loss today to Burlington, will have one of the top winning percentages. Now is you asked me who I thought the top four were that is different than how the seeding is done and I would have Arlington-Catholic in there.  The problem is that the other three teams + AC will all be down in Hingham at the end of the year, and someone has to lose points there and W/B will most likely sneak in to the top 4.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Beez,

Since the tournament is seeded by winning percentage I believe Watertown/Belmont, even with the loss today to Burlington, will have one of the top winning percentages. Now is you asked me who I thought the top four were that is different than how the seeding is done and I would have Arlington-Catholic in there.  The problem is that the other three teams + AC will all be down in Hingham at the end of the year, and someone has to lose points there and W/B will most likely sneak in to the top 4.

[/QUOTE]

Good point. You're absolutely correct!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

Surprising results from yesterday:

Reading 2-1 over Arlington

Duxbury/Falmouth 1-1 

Archies/Springfield Cath 4-4

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyfanok. Show hockeyfanok's posts

What about Woburn? B/D 4-3 winners, they keep surprising

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shoot2score. Show shoot2score's posts

In response to hockeyfanok's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't look at this as a big surprise. Expected a close game with either team capable of winning this one.  B/D has a chance to be a top 4 seed if they run the table the rest of the way. 

Again any one of 10-12 teams can win this thing. Round of 16 will most likely have some very interesting matchups.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

[QUOTE]

Don't look at this as a big surprise. Expected a close game with either team capable of winning this one.  B/D has a chance to be a top 4 seed if they run the table the rest of the way. 

Again any one of 10-12 teams can win this thing. Round of 16 will most likely have some very interesting matchups.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, I'm not surprised either as Woburn is not having the year that was expected of them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeychix. Show Hockeychix's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not a big surprise, they have a pretty good team this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeychix. Show Hockeychix's posts

Heard Dark horse AP lost to SM again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

In response to Hockeychix's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Now that you mention it, I was surprised by that score as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeychix. Show Hockeychix's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know, most thought SM were going to slam them, sm shut them out both games right, i dont think AP even scored one gaol against SM in 2 games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know, most thought SM were going to slam them, sm shut them out both games right, i dont think AP even scored one gaol against SM in 2 games.

[/QUOTE]

No, I thought SM would lose as they have been having a really tough time lately.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyfanok. Show hockeyfanok's posts

AP good team, can play with anyone but can not score. They can not score on a fair goalie never mind good ones, so they will have a hard time advancing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shoot2score. Show shoot2score's posts

Two weeks left and as of today I count 14 teams as qualified in D1.

6 more I expect to make it in with relative ease.

2-3 that will go down to the wire to qualify.

2-3 that need to win some games where they are clear underdogs and 2-3 teams that are barely alive mathematically that need to win out or close to it to qualify. So 23-24 is probably the number of tournament teams we see.

Good luck to everyone down the home stretch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsforum. Show sportsforum's posts

Any thoughts on D2, Medway/Ashland looks like they will take the Semi-West League Title this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsforum. Show sportsforum's posts

In response to sportsforum's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Any thoughts on D2, Medway/Ashland looks like they will take the Semi-West League Title this year.

[/QUOTE]

Falmouth looks to do just that.

http://www.boston.com/sports/schools/hockey/2014/02/09/falmouth-girls-hockey-forging-new-final-chapter/ddBBJdG11CUyvZbNjL4IzI/story.html

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patty9825. Show patty9825's posts

Frown

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Yah my money would be on that league title coming out of Falmouth before M/A. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NNDad. Show NNDad's posts

@shoot2score - Do you have Westford and Chelmsford down as two that will make it with relative ease?  Unless they tie on Wed.  it is going to close for one of them.

If Westford loses, I see them losing to both Andover and AC, and it will come down to their last game against Arlington.

If Chelmsford loses, they will have to beat either a Billerica team looking to clinch a spot or Beverly/Danvers in their final game.

If they tie, they're both in.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shoot2score. Show shoot2score's posts

In response to NNDad's comment:
    [QUOTE]

@shoot2score - Do you have Westford and Chelmsford down as two that will make it with relative ease?  Unless they tie on Wed.  it is going to close for one of them.

If Westford loses, I see them losing to both Andover and AC, and it will come down to their last game against Arlington.

If Chelmsford loses, they will have to beat either a Billerica team looking to clinch a spot or Beverly/Danvers in their final game.

If they tie, they're both in.

[/QUOTE]
    I have Chelmsford as one of those teams that needs to win a game that they would be an underdog in. I think you are right on on W/A. Between Billerica, W/A and Chelmsford the head to head games that W/A had/has with both would be pivotal for all three. With the win this weekend Billerica should be able to qualify.

They both only need one point, so one of them will be in for sure since they play each other.

Good luck to your NN team as they will need a good run to make it. Need 6 points I believe in the last 5 games? Unless the St. Mary's game was an exclusion? Not sure with a 21 game schedule.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NNDad. Show NNDad's posts

@Shoot2score - I don't think St. Mary's was an exclusion.  NN is .500 right now with last night's win over Weymouth, so they need 5 points in the next 5 games, not much room for error.  They have to come out of the next three games with a minimum of 3 points, against three relatively evenly matched teams, and at worst come out of the Cougar classic with a win out of the loser's bracket.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeychix. Show Hockeychix's posts

Congrats AC, ANOTHER team shuts out AP!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Only a couple of exclusion games posted on the MIAA web for Girls Hockey.

Wellesley Barnstable TBD (Feb. Vacation)

Weymouth Fontbonne Acad. -1/30/2014

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NNDad. Show NNDad's posts

@shoot2score - MIAA allows teams to exceed the 20 game limit with sanctioned tournament games, so none of NNs 21 games has to be excluded.  With an end of season tournament a team could play a 22 game schedule.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Good luck this afternoon NNDad. Not sure if I'll make it to the game or not, mine still out with her concussion. Kinda hard to justify leaving work early when your kid isn't playing but am going to try to pull it off. 

Sections
Shortcuts