1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NNDad. Show NNDad's posts

Re: EMASS Girls H.S. Hockey 2013-2014

In response to Hockeymomsrule's comment:

Good luck this afternoon NNDad. Not sure if I'll make it to the game or not, mine still out with her concussion. Kinda hard to justify leaving work early when your kid isn't playing but am going to try to pull it off. 

Thanks.  Sorry to hear your daughter is out with a concussion.  Mine is done for the season with a back injury, but I'll catch the game anyway.  It should be good, as it is pretty much a must win (or at least must tie) for NN, and it seems like Framingham has caught fire lately.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Oy back injuries are the worst. Just affects every single movement, poor kid. Hope it heals up for her soon! Going into week 5 for mine, just got her initial clearance to start no contact practice so we'll see how it goes. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeychix. Show Hockeychix's posts

In response to hockeychrishna's comment:

None taken, have always thought the only thing that's going to hold SG back from reaching whatever level she wants to is her attitude when things go wrong. She frustrates easily and then tends to take stupid penalties. If she can learn how to chanel that frustration and turn it into positive determintation to push herself harder there will be no end to where she can go. 

We had a ref last year that was such a bad skater the goalies had to get the pucks on icings and send them back down to him. That was nothing short of insulting. 

I agree with your assessment on SG.  She does have some frustration/control issues.  But then again she is what, 16?  Maybe another year of maturity from a personal standpoint with raise the level of her game.

Hockeymom should be renamed to Obnoxious Hockeymom.   Really?  I don't have a clue who SG is but you really should be ashamed of yourself.   You are talking about a teenage girl, obnoxious.    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

In response to Hockeychix's comment:

In response to hockeychrishna's comment:

None taken, have always thought the only thing that's going to hold SG back from reaching whatever level she wants to is her attitude when things go wrong. She frustrates easily and then tends to take stupid penalties. If she can learn how to chanel that frustration and turn it into positive determintation to push herself harder there will be no end to where she can go. 

We had a ref last year that was such a bad skater the goalies had to get the pucks on icings and send them back down to him. That was nothing short of insulting. 

I agree with your assessment on SG.  She does have some frustration/control issues.  But then again she is what, 16?  Maybe another year of maturity from a personal standpoint with raise the level of her game.

Hockeymom should be renamed to Obnoxious Hockeymom.   Really?  I don't have a clue who SG is but you really should be ashamed of yourself.   You are talking about a teenage girl, obnoxious.    

What's wrong with pointing out that a player apparently has a hot head and most likely takes some stupid penalties a result? If she is a good player, this is definitely something that could negatively impact her ability to succeed unless she can learn to better control herself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shoot2score. Show shoot2score's posts

Couple of important results even with the snow today.

Billerica/Chelmsford Tie qualifies both for tournament. 

Newton North Win over Needham puts them in a good spot to qualify.

Field could grow to 24 teams in D1. Counting 18 as in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

In response to shoot2score's comment:

Couple of important results even with the snow today.

Billerica/Chelmsford Tie qualifies both for tournament. 

Newton North Win over Needham puts them in a good spot to qualify.

Field could grow to 24 teams in D1. Counting 18 as in.

26 teams last year; 27 in 2012; 23 in 2011

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyfanok. Show hockeyfanok's posts

Let's see what happens down in Hingham Tuesday and Thrusday. Duxbury v Reading should be a good one, Dux looking to bounce back after hard fought lose to a very good Falmouth team.  does anyone have any favorite team(s) ?? AC,Dux and Reading for me. I do not think Woburn will be a factor this year, not  enought depth.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

In response to hockeyfanok's comment:

Let's see what happens down in Hingham Tuesday and Thrusday. Duxbury v Reading should be a good one, Dux looking to bounce back after hard fought lose to a very good Falmouth team.  does anyone have any favorite team(s) ?? AC,Dux and Reading for me. I do not think Woburn will be a factor this year, not  enought depth.

I predict that Reading and AB will be the only 2 teams that come away with 2 wins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsforum. Show sportsforum's posts

Falmouth will meet Wellesley on Thursday in what could preview of a Division 2 tournament matchup in the coming weeks.

Barnstable and Wellesley girls battled to a 1-1 draw in the opening game of the Cape Cod Classic hosted by Falmouth.

With Barnstable leading 1-0 heading into the final period, the Raiders came out pressing their offense.

At the 9:09 mark, Danielle Hickman took a shot from the right point that deflected off a Barnstable skater in front and into the net.

Looking good for Wellesley, all players involved in the game.  Not one above others.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sudco. Show sudco's posts

Tewksbury/Methuen beat Andover 3-1 today to finish the regular season 19-1-0.  T/M will be #1 seed in the division 2 tourney.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsoxbs. Show patsoxbs's posts

In response to sudco's comment:

Tewksbury/Methuen beat Andover 3-1 today to finish the regular season 19-1-0.  T/M will be #1 seed in the division 2 tourney.

Correct, with Wellesley the #2 and Falmouth the #3.  Those two teams tied today at Falmouth. 4 seed still in doubt between Westwood, Dedham and possibly Burlington.  All good teams.

Four plus viable contenders in both divisions. Makes for a great tournament.  Should be a blast!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shoot2score. Show shoot2score's posts

D1 Seeds

1 - Acton/Boxboro

2- Beverly/Danvers

3 - Coin Flip Winner Arlington Catholic or Watertown/Belmont

4 - Coin Flip Loser Arlington Catholic or Watertown Belmont

5 -Duxbury

6 - Winthrop-Lynn

7 - Reading

8- Barnstable

9 - Woburn

10 - Austin Prep

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeydad2012. Show hockeydad2012's posts

Well let's go right to the semi's, the globe has AC, Reading, Woburn, Duxbury,doesn't give anyone else a chance. Does anyone think there are any upset in the making ??  I think Woburn vBarnstable is one and if Woburn gets past that game it could face AB or ST Mary's or Billerica(who beat them) I do not see Woburn getting to the semi's, the other teams (AC,Reading, Duxbury)have a better chance to reach the semi's Duxbury should cruise thru thier backet! AC v L/W might be tough, Reading could have AP, BD, or Hingham all good teams

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

In response to hockeydad2012's comment:

Well let's go right to the semi's, the globe has AC, Reading, Woburn, Duxbury,doesn't give anyone else a chance. Does anyone think there are any upset in the making ??  I think Woburn vBarnstable is one and if Woburn gets past that game it could face AB or ST Mary's or Billerica(who beat them) I do not see Woburn getting to the semi's, the other teams (AC,Reading, Duxbury)have a better chance to reach the semi's Duxbury should cruise thru thier backet! AC v L/W might be tough, Reading could have AP, BD, or Hingham all good teams

Reading is in, by far, the toughest bracket along with BD, Hingham, SM, AP.  Duxbury will only be challenged by Andover if they ever meet in their bracket. The Globe has no clue on girls hockey rankings never mind predictions; how can they possibly pick Woburn to advance in their bracket when they got smoked by both Billerica and AB (both lopsided 4-0 shutouts)? Maybe one of their writers is from Woburn? Where in Globe did you see their predictions? Barnstable will even beat Woburn. AC should cruise to semis in their bracket.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeydad2012. Show hockeydad2012's posts

CoolAfter Andover crushes WB they should give Duxbury a good game. I look for Reading ,AB and one upset LW over AC and Duxbury for the final 4. Any other thoughts??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeychix. Show Hockeychix's posts

In response to hockeydad2012's comment:

SM, AC, Duxbury, AB.  Winthrop may be surprised by this,  they seem to think they are going to PyeongChang South KoreA in 2018.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyfanok. Show hockeyfanok's posts

can not be AB and ST Marys they are in the same bracket its either st marys or Surprised

ab

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

can not be AB and ST Marys they are in the same bracket its either st marys or Surprised

ab

AB and SM are not in the same bracket:

http://miaa.statebrackets.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=3132

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

I suspect some of the backing for Woburn is based on past pedigree, where they have come in with good (not great) records and some bad losses during a season, yet still went deep into the playoffs.  Woburn is not as deep as they have been some years, so if they can play all their top players (no one sick or hurt or missing), then they can beat anyone (and have over the years).  I know from local writeups that during a couple of the losses they had a "short bench" those nights. 

This season it is really wide open for the top.  It will be an interesting few weeks to watch.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shoot2score. Show shoot2score's posts

Think the two top seeds got the two toughest brackets.

A/B could face a very tough Billerica team in the first round and highly likely to face either Barnstable or Woburn in the Quarterfinals.

B/D gets the winner of Hingham/St. Marys and likely either Reading or Austin Prep in the Quarters.

Not that the 3/4 seeds got total passes.  AC will likey see a good Westford Academy team first and Watertown Belmont likely to see a tough Andover team.  Duxbury is my choice for the 4 bracket, but either W/B or Andover could knock them off.

I would expect to see a good number of upsets in the tournament. I do not think that anyone is that far above the rest of the field. Games start tonight in Andover and a bunch more tomroro night.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeychix. Show Hockeychix's posts

ab

Do you need help interpreting bracket?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Well no one can say they didn't go down fighting. Billerica moves on to face A/B after a 2 OT, 10 round SO 1-0 win over Framingham yesterday. Good luck to everyone still alive, see you next year!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

Well no one can say they didn't go down fighting. Billerica moves on to face A/B after a 2 OT, 10 round SO 1-0 win over Framingham yesterday. Good luck to everyone still alive, see you next year!

Encouraging year for the Flyers!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

In response to Go Beez's comment:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, it really was. Refreshing on many levels. Wish the changes had come a year or two earlier. With no goalie on the horizon and the liklihood of losing 3 current and 1 incoming player to preps next year it could be a long time before they get back here. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

In response to Go Beez's comment:

Yes, it really was. Refreshing on many levels. Wish the changes had come a year or two earlier. With no goalie on the horizon and the liklihood of losing 3 current and 1 incoming player to preps next year it could be a long time before they get back here. 

Might be losing your 3 top scoring forwards (AB, SC & SM) to prep?

Sections
Shortcuts