1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

Re: EMASS Girls H.S. Hockey 2013-2014

In response to NNDad's comment:

@gobeez Yeah, we discussed BDs waiver abuse earlier this season.  I'm sure if there weren't any talented 8th graders, BD would have managed with 16 skaters.

Just want to remind all of Bev/Dan waiver abuse.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeychix. Show Hockeychix's posts

In response to Go Beez's comment:

In response to Hockeychix's comment:

NOT SURPRISING thatnReading outskated and outplayed AP, Too bad they didnt win, clearly the better team.   

Stop being a sore sport, Reading is out! Apparently, losing 3-2 at home, THEY were outplayed and outskated. Overconfident?

just stating facts.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

In any one and done tournement all it takes to win or lose, is having some lucky bounces or a player get hot (especially a goalie).  Often it is a matter of match ups between teams strengths and weaknesses that gives one the edge in a specific matchup.  I have not see any of the top teams that lost get blown out, pretty much 1 goal losses across the board.  Many of us said the playoffs were wide open this season based on the regular season play and that has pretty much come to pass.  However, based on the MIAA seeding (based on pure winning percentage) there is only one upset getting to the quarter finals and that is AP over Reading.   Just some of the traditional powers and early season hot teams have lost in the early rounds, to the surprise of many.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Now the D2 quarters do have quite a few "upsets" with the remaining teams being the following seeds: 17, 8, 4, 12, 2, 26, and the one quarter that has played to form 3, and 6.  D2 will be intesting to see who makes the semis, will it be a underdog sweep or will the seeds play out to form and leave us with an only slighly skewed semis with 8,4,2 and 3 playing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

A few tidbits from a couple of the games with Middlesex teams.  As they have all season, the Reading girls peppered the opponents goalie with shots, outshooting AP 32-13 on the game, while losing the game 3-2.  Clearly they need to work on the quality of the shots and getting someone in to clean up any rebounds better I would guess. 

The Woburn Barnstable game (1-0 Barnstable win) was a fairly chippy affair based on the 10 penalties in the game (7-B 3-W).  Not a lot of shots taken either 20 and 17, so lots of defense ruled the day.  Barnstable scored in the first minute of the game and held off Woburn the rest of the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeychix. Show Hockeychix's posts

Pete, you are alway the voice of reason.   Thanks for the tidbits!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NNDad. Show NNDad's posts

In response to Hockeychix's comment:

Pete, you are alway the voice of reason.   Thanks for the tidbits!

Yes.  Thanks for the inciteful posts Pete.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeychix. Show Hockeychix's posts

AC4, WL2--------if you cant run with the big dawgs, stay on the porch. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyfanok. Show hockeyfanok's posts

If not for the penalty shoot that  Duxbury , W/B game might still be going on. Both goalies putting on a clinic,each girl made more than a half dozen great saves. Duxbury moves on  v AB and AC against the dark horse AP. OK NNDad what do you think? AB,AC final for me

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

In response to hockeyfanok's comment:

If not for the penalty shoot that  Duxbury , W/B game might still be going on. Both goalies putting on a clinic,each girl made more than a half dozen great saves. Duxbury moves on  v AB and AC against the dark horse AP. OK NNDad what do you think? AB,AC final for me

Pretty impressive that W/B goalie is only an 8th grader!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shoot2score. Show shoot2score's posts

I'll go Duxbury vs. Arlington Catholic. Should be two great games on Sunday. Congrats to all four teams for making it this far. Three of the four bracket favorites made it to the final 4.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Well AP's 5 losses all came to conference foes 2 to AC, 2 to StM and one to Archbishop Williams.  Out of conference they did not lose a game.  Solid team, and not all that surprising they are still playing.  They also seem to be on a good roll and frankly that type of momentum can be all it takes to win it all.   I would not be surprised to see an AP - AB final with AP winning in OT.  Would be like the whole season, close.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NNDad. Show NNDad's posts

Looks like it will be a public vs. private school D1 final.  I'm with Shoot2score.  I'll go with the hot goalie and predict Dux wins the public school semifinal and I'll predict AC wins the private school semi.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

I noticed looking over stome stats that the goalies for the 4 remaining D1 girls teams were all in the top 6 in goals against in the state.  Reinforces the old adage about top notch goalies being critical in crunch time.  So any team hoping to jump into the top tier needs to develop first rate goalies if possible.  (I know the caliber of the D in front of a goalie can matter a lot in the quality of the shots given up, but even still that last line of defense is critical to high level success.)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

On the other side of that though Pete, it doesn't look like any of them except for the AP goalie have had to face any kind of adversity as far as the number of shots they are facing.  With that said, my money is on AP to take it all with the goalie who has the highest save percentage of all of her counterparts remaining, with the Duxbury goalie very close behind. Save percentage tells a much more accurate story as to the strength of a goalie than GAA in my opinion. 

Final: Duxbury v. AP - 2 OT, 15 Round SO - AP wins  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeychix. Show Hockeychix's posts

AC WINS!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeydad2012. Show hockeydad2012's posts

AB bites the dust to Duxbury another 0 on the boar

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeydad2012. Show hockeydad2012's posts

Board not boar, so sorry,got carried away, oops

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeydad2012. Show hockeydad2012's posts

AC.V Duxbury  should be a good one? I like Duxbury

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeychix. Show Hockeychix's posts

So much for that dark horse :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeydad2012. Show hockeydad2012's posts

Yes the dark horse is out, I like Duxbury, care to predict this game hockey chic or are you coming in with a guess after the fact? goalies have been the difference in the tourney that is why I like Duxbury

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeychix. Show Hockeychix's posts

rooting for AC but deluxebury will probably take it.    Good goalies win games, great goalies win championships.    

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hawkeyfans. Show Hawkeyfans's posts

Check out this video in which the publisher appears to have been banking on a st pattys day weekend championship.    As you watch this, ponder, what/who is this video about? Whats the purpose?  is this about the coach? The team?  And comparing girls HS HOCKEY TO WAR?     just sayin...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfFHpQp7sDk   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

In response to Hawkeyfans' comment:

Check out this video in which the publisher appears to have been banking on a st pattys day weekend championship.    As you watch this, ponder, what/who is this video about? Whats the purpose?  is this about the coach? The team?  And comparing girls HS HOCKEY TO WAR?     just sayin...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfFHpQp7sDk   

Is this the team that had a parent that lasered opposing goalies in the eyes during games?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NNDad. Show NNDad's posts

In response to Go Beez's comment:

Is this the team that had a parent that lasered opposing goalies in the eyes during games?

While we're ragging on W/L...  They would have had 17 skaters without 8th graders, but apparently they felt they needed 21 skaters on the bench.  Any guesses on what grade the top two scorers and #6 scorer were in?  Another team for the waiver abuse hall of shame.

Sections
Shortcuts