EMASS Girls H.S. Hockey 2013-2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

Re: EMASS Girls H.S. Hockey 2013-2014

In response to NNDad's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Go Beez's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    Is this the team that had a parent that lasered opposing goalies in the eyes during games?

[/QUOTE]

While we're ragging on W/L...  They would have had 17 skaters without 8th graders, but apparently they felt they needed 21 skaters on the bench.  Any guesses on what grade the top two scorers and #6 scorer were in?  Another team for the waiver abuse hall of shame.

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha! Big surprise, just like with B/D, the 8th graders (at least 2) are from the Assabet Girls program and will most probably be at a Prep school when they're of age. Public HS seems to be like a bus stop; pure MIAA waiver abuse that some coaches take advantage of to get an edge.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NNDad. Show NNDad's posts

[QUOTE]

Hahaha! Big surprise, just like with B/D, the 8th graders (at least 2) are from the Assabet Girls program and will most probably be at a Prep school when they're of age. Public HS seems to be like a bus stop; pure MIAA waiver abuse that some coaches take advantage of to get an edge.

[/QUOTE]

It's nice to see that all the remaining teams in the D1 and D2 tournament do not include any 8th graders with Falmouth showing its possible to manage with only 15 skaters.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeychix. Show Hockeychix's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Hawkeyfans' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Check out this video in which the publisher appears to have been banking on a st pattys day weekend championship.    As you watch this, ponder, what/who is this video about? Whats the purpose?  is this about the coach? The team?  And comparing girls HS HOCKEY TO WAR?     just sayin...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfFHpQp7sDk   

[/QUOTE]

Is this the team that had a parent that lasered opposing goalies in the eyes during games?

[/QUOTE]
    I think it is that team, not sure if that parent is still involved with W/L.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

I will be rooting for AC, but the one time these two met in the Showcase they ended in a 2-2 tie, so this one could go either way.  In any case two of the best teams/programs in the state will vie for the 2014 title.

In D2 the Wellesley goalies seem to have an edge on the Westwood goalies, otherwise this is probably a coin flip.  Good teams and programs in the final game, as it should be.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shoot2score. Show shoot2score's posts

In response to PetefromNorthofBoston's comment:

I will be rooting for AC, but the one time these two met in the Showcase they ended in a 2-2 tie, so this one could go either way.  In any case two of the best teams/programs in the state will vie for the 2014 title.

In D2 the Wellesley goalies seem to have an edge on the Westwood goalies, otherwise this is probably a coin flip.  Good teams and programs in the final game, as it should be.

Pete - I am going to be on the side of the team from the south. They have taken a lot of heat for staying D2 and have proven themself well in the D1 tournament this year. If you had to give a goaltending edge here I dont know how you go against Duxbury.

Probably some very surprised people by the result of yesterdays Wellesley/Falmouth game. Nothing against a very good Wellesley team, but people were handing the D2 crown to Falmouth as soon as Duxbury opted up to D1.

Good luck to the teams lucky enough to be on the Garden ice on Sunday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeylife. Show hockeylife's posts

In response to shoot2score's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PetefromNorthofBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pete - I am going to be on the side of the team from the south. They have taken a lot of heat for staying D2 and have proven themself well in the D1 tournament this year. If you had to give a goaltending edge here I dont know how you go against Duxbury.

Probably some very surprised people by the result of yesterdays Wellesley/Falmouth game. Nothing against a very good Wellesley team, but people were handing the D2 crown to Falmouth as soon as Duxbury opted up to D1.

Good luck to the teams lucky enough to be on the Garden ice on Sunday.

Thanks,

Mark

[/QUOTE]

I agree, nod goes to Duxbury, well coached "team". 

On the D2 side, for Championship game goalies both suspect, but both teams have strong, smart D, on top lines. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NNDad. Show NNDad's posts

I'm going to go with Duxbury and Wellesley, but both games are toss ups.  Even if the Wellesley goalie might have been suspect, given all the shots she stopped from Falmouth, I think she will go into the Championship game with a lot of confidence, so I'm giving Wellesley the edge.

It's interesting to note that this Wellesley team has NO seniors on a crowded bench, so the same team will be back again, and boy will they want it if they don't win it this year.  So I'm picking them for D2 next year too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm going to go with Duxbury and Wellesley, but both games are toss ups.  Even if the Wellesley goalie might have been suspect, given all the shots she stopped from Falmouth, I think she will go into the Championship game with a lot of confidence, so I'm giving Wellesley the edge.

It's interesting to note that this Wellesley team has NO seniors on a crowded bench, so the same team will be back again, and boy will they want it if they don't win it this year.  So I'm picking them for D2 next year too.

[/QUOTE]

How do you think Duxbury will fair next season without a great goalie; looks like they really haven't put much of an effort in developing other 2 goalies on roster.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scooter8. Show Scooter8's posts

Hey Hockeychrisna.  Remember this comment?

when my daughters' team wins 3 straight division 2 titles (never) and stay in d2 I will slam them to no end.  deluxebury choosing not to compete at the highest level at this point is pathetic.  but not surprising!

Duxbury State Champs D1.  Put that in your pipe and smoke it you tool!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

In response to Scooter8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey Hockeychrisna.  Remember this comment?

when my daughters' team wins 3 straight division 2 titles (never) and stay in d2 I will slam them to no end.  deluxebury choosing not to compete at the highest level at this point is pathetic.  but not surprising!

Duxbury State Champs D1.  Put that in your pipe and smoke it you tool!

[/QUOTE]

Congrats Scooter! Well deserved! Tell me what they are going to next season without a great goalie?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shoot2score. Show shoot2score's posts

Congratulations to Duxbury for taking the challenge of stepping up to D1 and winning the tournament.  They had to play two teams in their final two games that had a good shot at knocking them off in Acton/Boxboro and Arlington Catholic and they were up to the challenge.

This was a fabulous season in both D1 and D2 where the field was fairly wide open to the championship. Congratulations to Westwood in D2.

Enjoy your spring/summer and see you back here next November.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NNDad. Show NNDad's posts

Well, my picks were about as good as flipping a coin (which is a step up for me), and I didn't see Wellesely losing as badly as they did.  That should provide them provide them plenty of motivation for next year.

As far as how Duxbury will do without RM, thats a good question.  They tied six games, and won all five games they played that were decided by one goal, two of them in the playoffs.  Without such a good goalie, I'd guess they would have lost at least half of those games, certianly the playoff games.  So my guess is that next year they will be good but not a championship contender, and they will look back at the last four years as the Myette era.

Next year I'll also be interested to see how many of the high scoring 8th graders on contending teams return as freshman.  Most significantly JN on Beverly/Danvers and KG on Tewksbury/Methuen, and SN and EE on Winthrop/Lynn, and what new teams next year will enter the waiver hall of shame (though to be fair, I wouldn't put T/M in the hall of shame this year, they needed the bodies).

Most importantly next year, I'll be rooting for my daughter to avoid injury so she can play all season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

Well, my picks were about as good as flipping a coin (which is a step up for me), and I didn't see Wellesely losing as badly as they did.  That should provide them provide them plenty of motivation for next year.

As far as how Duxbury will do without RM, thats a good question.  They tied six games, and won all five games they played that were decided by one goal, two of them in the playoffs.  Without such a good goalie, I'd guess they would have lost at least half of those games, certianly the playoff games.  So my guess is that next year they will be good but not a championship contender, and they will look back at the last four years as the Myette era.

Next year I'll also be interested to see how many of the high scoring 8th graders on contending teams return as freshman.  Most significantly JN on Beverly/Danvers and KG on Tewksbury/Methuen, and SN and EE on Winthrop/Lynn, and what new teams next year will enter the waiver hall of shame (though to be fair, I wouldn't put T/M in the hall of shame this year, they needed the bodies).

Most importantly next year, I'll be rooting for my daughter not to avoid injury so she can play all season.

Well said NND! I guarantee JN does not return to B/D; she'll go to either Nobles or St Paul's is my guess. I sincerely wish your daughter well on a strong recovery. Until next year!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeydad2012. Show hockeydad2012's posts

Congrats to westwood and Duxbury , I agree next year will be harder for Duxbury without the top goalie in the state.  did not see the L/S game but saw the W/B, A/B and A/C games, the goalie was the difference in the W/B and A/C game Dux could have lost either game without her. next years picks reading and WellesleyWellesley

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shoot2score. Show shoot2score's posts

In response to hockeydad2012's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Congrats to westwood and Duxbury , I agree next year will be harder for Duxbury without the top goalie in the state.  did not see the L/S game but saw the W/B, A/B and A/C games, the goalie was the difference in the W/B and A/C game Dux could have lost either game without her. next years picks reading and WellesleyWellesley

[/QUOTE]

Reading will be good again next year, I would put both Acton/Boxboro and Arlington Catholic right up there again next year.

Falmouth will be a power in D2 as will Burlington if they keep all there players home - keeping the 8th graders that contributed and the goaltender will be key.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyfanok. Show hockeyfanok's posts

Well now that the season is over maybe someone can help answer some questions for me.  With only two divisions in girls hockey who picks what division they play in?? Do the schools pick? I see some schools with large enrollments playing D2 and some schools with lower numbers playing D1 . Besides the Catholic Schools with the boys doesn't it go by the number of students in the school?Please clear this up for me. thanks