EMASS H.S. Softball 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Re: EMASS H.S. Softball 2013

They sound like they've improved a lot since we played them early in the season. Good for them. Should be a good game against Natick, another one that plays clean and takes advantage of mistakes well. Definate improvement on their coaching staff this year. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeCage. Show MikeCage's posts

In response to Hockeymomsrule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hawksoftballdad's comment:

In response to MikeCage's comment:

In response to BumpBailey's comment:

The 60 mph pitchers that I have seen throw: Shannon Smith, Milford,Sr., Courtney Erickson, BB&N, Jr., Kayla F---(cant spell it), Natick, Soph., Kayla Maloney, Phillips Andover, Sr.

Smith, Erickson and Maloney all play for the Rhode Island Thunder. The Thunder is the elite organization in New England.  They build D1 players. Kayla F. played for the Connecticut Charmers. I have seen these girls on radar at tournaments.  If you look at the HS pitchers who come near 200 strike outs per season you'll find the 60mph pitchers.  Kiara Amos, Malden and Meg Rico, KP were legit flame throwers who both went D1. 

For whatever reason Shannon Smiths totals aren't recorded, Courtney Ericksons only show ISL totals, not non league.  Phillips Andover, Kayla Maloney's aren't available.  However, I've seen these kids throw and they strike out 2 an inning or 12 a game on bad days. All of them have multiple pitches.

I've heard Antzack from Central Catholic, Soph throws hard and based on her numbers she's up there.

Smith and Maloney are most likely 1 and 2 in the state.  Aleixo in Taunton probably # 3

You can get Shannon's #'s on the Milford Highschool  Athletics web site or just ask her dad he has them at his finger tips.

He probably has them back as far as U12 days LOL

Amazing talent, and needless to say, an incredible amount of work to get there I am sure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Without a doubt MC, and a lot of bruised bodies left in her wake from her younger days when she had the speed and zero control. LOL 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Flyers down Hergert Divison leader Norwood 7-0. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NNDad. Show NNDad's posts

Flyers down Hergert Divison leader Norwood 7-0. 

Impressive win.  You guys are doing everything you can to help Natick win the Hergert Division Smile.  North beat Dedham 7-4.  Dedham is a good hitting team, plenty of action for the NN defense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Sounds like it was a fun game to watch, ours was too. The game wasn't as bad as the score makes it sound, our defense was pretty busy too, they made the plays they should make and made the ones that don't always get made. Norwood has a couple of solid bats, they just couldn't get the runners on in front of them to produce any runs. Norwood is feeling the loss of AM and the other pitcher that graduated. Their current pitcher is good, has nice velocity on her fastball just not much movement on it, & doesn't have the variety of pitches to choose from that AM had to work with. I think she's only a sophomore though so I would imagine that will change over the next couple of years and they will again have a dominant pitcher in front of them. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Framingham 4 - Needham 0

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NNDad. Show NNDad's posts

NN 0 - Weymouth 3

Apparently Weymouth has NNs number.  I didn't see the game, but I gather it was 0-0 until the 5th when Weymouth hit a triple with runners on base.  Despite getting lead off runners on in a number of innings NN couldn't get any thing going.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

In response to NNDad's comment:

NN 0 - Weymouth 3

Apparently Weymouth has NNs number.  I didn't see the game, but I gather it was 0-0 until the 5th when Weymouth hit a triple with runners on base.  Despite getting lead off runners on in a number of innings NN couldn't get any thing going.

Wow, that's a bummer. Hate days like that. Other than the 1st inning where we got 1 run, ours was much the same through the 4th, but thankfully for both teams. Both were getting runners on in various ways, just couldn't get any beyond 3rd. We finally opened it up in the 5th with what turned out to be enough for the W. Was one of those games where I was waiting for that shoe to drop and for momentum to swing Needham's way, but they just couldn't take advantage of the few situations they were given where they could have.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeCage. Show MikeCage's posts

Re: EMASS H.S. Softball 2013 - SO WHO'S # 1

Milford beats everyone except N Attleboro

N Attleboro Beats Milford

Taunton Splits with N Attleboro

KP Beats N Attleboro twice

Taunton Beats KP

Bridge-Raynham Undefeated but haven't played anyone.

My opinion

1.  Milford

2.  KP

3.  Br/Ray

4.  N Attle

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alicat4. Show Alicat4's posts

Is Milford playing in Div 1 south in tournament??

Taunton Beats KP

My opinion

1.  Milford

2.  KP

3.  Br/Ray

4.  N Attle

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NNDad. Show NNDad's posts

Taunton Beats KP

My opinion

1.  Milford

2.  KP

3.  Br/Ray

4.  N Attle

Not that rankings really mean anything, but the globe puts Br/Ray on top and there are some other undefeated teams between Milford, KP and N Attle.  It's hard to know how to rank undefeated teams that haven't played any other good teams.

I'm a little surprised that NN hung on to 20th spot on the rankings after losing a 4th game to Woburn this weekend, and Framingham gets no love from the rankings.  NN has some challenging games coming up with Framingham, AB, and, Norwood.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Eh, our girls are kind of liking the lack of love, quietly flying under the radar and taking care of business. Braintree, Walpole, NN and Medford this week for us and then finish things off with Wellesley the following week for the last game of the regular season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Hey Ali- is your DD, KC, etc.  playing hockey up at SNHU too or just softball? Or does SNHU not have womens hockey?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Framingham 8 Braintree 3. Not there but sounds like it was so much closer than the score shows. Braintree had bases loaded, bottom of 7th, 1 out and Framingham pulled a double play to end it. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NNDad. Show NNDad's posts

@Hockeymomsrule - Is the Framingham softball field at the high school?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

@Hockeymomsrule - Is the Framingham softball field at the high school?

NNDad - yes, the varsity field is the one closest to the school building, the one you'll see when you pull in to the school driveway is the JV field. You can park along the fence near the varsity field but if there's no spots except for right near the visitor bench park in the front parking lot instead. Have seen many a dent and broken windshield occur at that section of field over the years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeCage. Show MikeCage's posts

And now D2 EAC Coyle Cassidy beats King Phillip in a tight game  1 - 0   

Taunton Beats KP

My opinion

1.  Milford

2.  KP

3.  Br/Ray

4.  N Attle

Not that rankings really mean anything, but the globe puts Br/Ray on top and there are some other undefeated teams between Milford, KP and N Attle.  It's hard to know how to rank undefeated teams that haven't played any other good teams.

I'm a little surprised that NN hung on to 20th spot on the rankings after losing a 4th game to Woburn this weekend, and Framingham gets no love from the rankings.  NN has some challenging games coming up with Framingham, AB, and, Norwood.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

There's so much parity this year, and so many more strong teams. I think it's awesome that there is no clear cut #1 that is just walking all over everyone. All of the top teams in both divisions have at least 2-3 teams each that they have to battle hard against every time they play each other and so many of these games can go either way. Will be an interesting & exciting post season this year I think. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

NNDad, another good one between our two teams yesterday, will admit I'm very happy that it went our way this time around :-) Good luck the rest of the way and in tournament!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NNDad. Show NNDad's posts

NNDad, another good one between our two teams yesterday, will admit I'm very happy that it went our way this time around :-) Good luck the rest of the way and in tournament!

Congratulations to the Framingham girls, I thought we might steal a 1-0 win, but your girls came up big when they needed to, your pitcher especially.  She had a great last at bat, hanging in there till she got one she could drive, and she seemed to pick up some velocity on her fast ball in the last two innings.  And, your daughter drove the final nail into the coffin.

My daughter is still a little sore from the face tag at second.

It's possible NN and Framingham could meet again in the tournament and go for 2 out of 3.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Ouch, poor kid, didn't realize that was her from where I was sitting. On the positive side, at least it wasn't a spike that got her. Hope she's okay.  We'll see how the seedings come out, if they end up on the same side of the bracket one will end up knocking out the other early, which will be a shame. Will be nice if they are in opposite brackets and don't meet up until the sectional final (assuming they both make it). We had all Boston area teams last year for the first two rounds, had Everett first then got knocked out by Malden who eventually went on to face Milford in the final.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Hey NN Dad - go to the Framingham Patch, there's actually a picture of your DD getting mushed in the face on that tag. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

P.S. Give us some breathing room and take care of Norwood this week ok? :-) We *should have 3 easy ones left (Medford, Wellesley and Brookline) and should be able to clinch it, but ya just never know and having a game in hand in the loss column over Norwood would really help my heart over the next week. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NNDad. Show NNDad's posts

P.S. Give us some breathing room and take care of Norwood this week ok? :-) We *should have 3 easy ones left (Medford, Wellesley and Brookline) and should be able to clinch it, but ya just never know and having a game in hand in the loss column over Norwood would really help my heart over the next week. 

Is there an overall Baystate Champion, or are there just division champions?  Anyway, NN has AB, Needham, and Norwood.  Hopefully they can pick up at least 2 more wins.  I think Norwood will be easier than AB, and Needham should be no problem, except that they beat us last time.

I know DD would like to get back at Norwood for what was their most painful loss of the season in hockey.  With just 16 seconds left, Norwood scored two goals to win by one.  We know how Toronto feels.

Sections
Shortcuts