EMASS Softball 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

EMASS Softball 2011

Didn't see one for this season started yet so here we go boys and girls.  Girls are still in the gym, fields are slowly but surely drying out only to have ol' Mother Nature give them another obstacle come tonight but eventually this season will start. 

Supposed to have our first outdoor scrimmage 4/4, think that's being a little optimistic myself.

Good luck to everyone!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Katprowl17. Show Katprowl17's posts

Re: EMASS Softball 2011

In Response to EMASS Softball 2011:
    [QUOTE]Didn't see one for this season started yet so here we go boys and girls.  Girls are still in the gym, fields are slowly but surely drying out only to have ol' Mother Nature give them another obstacle come tonight but eventually this season will start.  Supposed to have our first outdoor scrimmage 4/4, think that's being a little optimistic myself. Good luck to everyone!
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule[/QUOTE]

Yeah....softball is here and now all we need is the weather to catch up with us ;-)
    Not sure if softball will get the same attention as hockey on here but lets try ~~ I believe we are hoping to be playing the weekend of April 2nd too....we usually play in a couple of multi-team weekends of softball to get things rolling.  Lets hope the weather cooperates and we get to be outside soon ;-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

I hear ya Kat, and yes, last years thread was definately not as active as the hockey one but there are a few of us from the hockey thread that have softball players too and we try to keep it up as much as we can.  Tryouts end today for our girls, will be interesting to see what the end result is and the decisions that were made as they had some interesting ones to make this year.

Now if we could just magically get this snow to disappear and get the fields dried by the weekend we'll be ready to go!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AmazedCitizen. Show AmazedCitizen's posts

OK, lets see your predictions.  I will start.  St Mary's will NOT win D3 again

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Softball 2011:
    [QUOTE]OK, lets see your predictions.  I will start.  St Mary's will NOT win D3 again
    Posted by AmazedCitizen[/QUOTE]

SM still have a few girls with some talent, but a lot of holes to fill, word is every girl returning may be playing somewhere different than last year.

Sorry to say that all in all D-3 softball is not very good, until you get to the very end of the tournament.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

[QUOTE]OK, lets see your predictions.  I will start.  St Mary's will NOT win D3 again
    Posted by AmazedCitizen[/QUOTE]

Case if they are still D3 may be the best team. Case has been a D2 school, but fell into D3 enrollment last year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Katprowl17. Show Katprowl17's posts

[QUOTE]I hear ya Kat, and yes, last years thread was definately not as active as the hockey one but there are a few of us from the hockey thread that have softball players too and we try to keep it up as much as we can.  Tryouts end today for our girls, will be interesting to see what the end result is and the decisions that were made as they had some interesting ones to make this year. Now if we could just magically get this snow to disappear and get the fields dried by the weekend we'll be ready to go!

Yeah I noticed from our league that not many of the hockey players play softball.....so the forum changes, which might not be a bad thing ;-)
    We actually went to see Salem State and Brandeis University play this weekend as we are starting to get softball fever.....it was freezing felt more like soccer season!!!  We are suppose to play this weekend too but looking at the extended forecast I am not too sure if that is going to happen....I hope they are wrong and we don't get the anticipated rain/snow at the end of the week!! 
    Is anyone playing out in Concord Carlisle this weekend if weather permits?  Or Bishop Fenwick??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ruland. Show ruland's posts

12 games on the docket this Saturday at Concord-Carlisle weather permitting. CC, St. Mary's,  Newton-North, Ashland, Medford, Reading and Shawsheen all playing. 
    Definitely a rebuilding year at CC this year as we graduated 7 seniors from a terrific team last year. Lot's of good young players coming up though...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Katprowl17. Show Katprowl17's posts

[QUOTE]12 games on the docket this Saturday at Concord-Carlisle weather permitting. CC, St. Mary's,  Newton-North, Ashland, Medford, Reading and Shawsheen all playing.  Definitely a rebuilding year at CC this year as we graduated 7 seniors from a terrific team last year. Lot's of good young players coming up though...
    Posted by ruland[/QUOTE]

yeah I have been looking forward to going as we go every year.....but with the forecast not sure if we will be playing softball or skiing ;-)  lets hope that by some miracle the jetstream gods will push this one out of our reach and we will be able to play....might be Sunday as it is going to be Sunny and warmer....but either way looking forward to seeing the girls play ;-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AmazedCitizen. Show AmazedCitizen's posts

Going to pick Central Catholic for State champions.  Senior leadership and playoff experience.  Let the games begin!   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ruland. Show ruland's posts

Well, despite Mother Nature's April Fool's Day surprise we were able to pull of a Play Day in Concord yesterday. Reading, Newton North, St. Mary's, Shawsheen and CC all participated. No one team really stood out. CC, Newton North and Shawsheen are young teams and the inexperience showed. St. Mary's looked solid, as usual, and had some big bats in their lineup. Great to see the girls outside playing finally!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Very jealous.  We haven't even had an outdoor practice yet and the girls have their first game tomorrow. :-/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Anyone played yet? We haven't. :-(

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ruland. Show ruland's posts

Nope. CC opens at Reading on Monday. Another Play Day in Concord on Saturday. CC, Shrewsbury, Acton-Boxborough, Central Catholic, Arlington, Danvers and Woburn all in action. Should be fun and the weather should be good. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Wish our coaches would do one of those play day's. Girls finally got outside yesterday at least.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Katprowl17. Show Katprowl17's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone played yet? We haven't. :-(

We went to CC last weekend to watch some of the teams and I agree there was no one there that really stood out but usually at these the coaches are playing those players that are on the bubble of making the team and moving kids around and just getting some action for each of the girls.  There was a St. Mary's fan/parent that was making comments as one of the games they were getting beat pretty good, they were saying how they have such a young team, lots of 8th graders.....well I have no sympathy .  That is their choice and they are lucky to be able to pick from girls so young and build their team unlike the regular HS....just means that they will have a powerhouse for 2-3 yrs and can play in Div III and beat up on those true DIII teams. 

Looking forward to getting out to Concord to see some more ball this weekend....and looks like the weather is going to cooperate ;-)

N. Reading and Reading opened their season yesterday with a non-league game.  Both teams lost about 5 seniors each from last years squad.  Reading's bats were in great form beating them 9-2.  N.Reading did look like a young team as Reading is spread out pretty good. The No. Reading coach showed a poor display of sportsmanship during the game and was an embarrassment to the sport. I hope that is not his normal everyday actions as I would not allow my daugther to play in that program!!!

Good luck to those playing this weekend!!!  GO RED SOX ~~ lets get a win that will make up for anything with a sweep of the Yankees!!! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AmazedCitizen. Show AmazedCitizen's posts

Rusty was an embarrassment, I can't belive it!!  Wheels will come off the bus for NR this season, they will not make the tourney.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

I don't get these schools who play in one division for one sport and another division for a different sport.  School population is school population is it not? Further don't get that it's even allowed to happen at a school that draws from a 6th-12th grade student population????

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AmazedCitizen. Show AmazedCitizen's posts

They must have a lot of pull with the BIG guy upstairs

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

lots of 8th graders  = fabrication

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Love how this paper is right on top of things and have this years schedules up...:::shaking head:::

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

[QUOTE]Love how this paper is right on top of things and have this years schedules up...:::shaking head:::

go to www.highschoolsports.net then type in the school you are looking for.  very up to date

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

It is and it isn't though, we have 2 games listed on there that aren't actually being played.  Like being able to pull up the schedules/standings by division instead of just the one school like on the sports.net site. Either way, we've only played one flipping frocking game at this point and are going to get rained out again today.  Mother Nature is not being kind this year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AmazedCitizen. Show AmazedCitizen's posts

lots of shutouts to begin the season.  Herald had some good writeups today.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

[QUOTE]I don't get these schools who play in one division for one sport and another division for a different sport.  School population is school population is it not? Further don't get that it's even allowed to happen at a school that draws from a 6th-12th grade student population????

Schools are placed in a Division based on enrollment. Every so often the MIAA will go through re-alignment. After the alignments are made a school may petition the MIAA to move up a division, but I don't think they can ask to move down.

Sections
Shortcuts