EMASS Softball 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Re: EMASS Softball 2011

I understand that.  I guess I just don't 'get' the mindset of playing in one division for one sport and then moving back to your "true" division for other sports.  Should be the same division for the entire athletic dept. Every school has a difference in quality of teams depending upon the sport and that is usually directly connected to the sports that their town offers having good programs at the youth level. Heck, we're fanatistic in lacrosse, gymnastics, swimming & wrestling,  very strong in baseball and boys volleyball, boys hockey holds their own, girls hockey holds their own, softball struggles, girls volleyball and basketball struggles. We don't have the option for picking and choosing divisions, nor do I think we should.  At the same time, I just feel if you petition to move up to a Division for more than one sport than the entire athletic dept. should be involved in that move.  If you're petitioning for just one sport and that's the only sport you're dominant in year in and year out, maybe there's a recruiting issue going on to be looked at that is directly connected to that one sport?

Just something to ponder while we mull our way through the so far very slow start to this softball season....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AmazedCitizen. Show AmazedCitizen's posts

Central Catholic has a loss, but will be back.  Still my choice for champs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

This years current leaders list finally out.  AM is as expected tearing it up both on the mound and in the box once again. That girl is just scary good at everything she does. 

Tough week for the Framingham girls this week, Braintree followed by Newton North. Although heard NN graduated their pitcher that was really, really good last year? Could be potential for a good game if that's the case. If not, we're bummin'. Laughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Katprowl17. Show Katprowl17's posts

Hey Hockeymom.....after the first round we are looking pretty good....but the Middlesex league is so tight that on any give day, except for the two bottom teams, anyone can win and that is pretty much how it has been going.  Hope we can hold on this next round to keep us as a top seed and move into the playoffs looking good!!

Good luck with your games this week!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ruland. Show ruland's posts

Still haven't seen a dominant team this year, but it's early and I haven't seen KP or Norwood. DCL is weak again. We (CC) are a very young team but we're still 6-1. Lost to Reading in the first game. Great game vs. Boston Latin on Monday. 2 run homerun won it. Good pitching and D by both teams. Has anyone else seen any "uber-teams" yet?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Katprowl17. Show Katprowl17's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Softball 2011:
    [QUOTE]Still haven't seen a dominant team this year, but it's early and I haven't seen KP or Norwood. DCL is weak again. We (CC) are a very young team but we're still 6-1. Lost to Reading in the first game. Great game vs. Boston Latin on Monday. 2 run homerun won it. Good pitching and D by both teams. Has anyone else seen any "uber-teams" yet?
    Posted by ruland[/QUOTE]

I think it is pretty much the same around most of the leagues....where the talent is pretty even....we are in the middlesex league and all but two teams are very competitive.....should be a very interesting 2nd half of the season ;-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Norwood definately has the pitching over everyone else again this year in Baystate.  Both are Seniors though so things will probably even out next year.  Don't see anyone really taking them out from within our league. We're young this year and are going to be younger next, deeper talent throughout the roster but some things remain a constant and unless the girls pull off 4 out of 4 over their last 4 games this week they won't make tourny. Fingers crossed, they  have the talent within them to do it, just don't know if they're going to be able to overcome the hurdle in front of them and do it despite that hurdle.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Katprowl17. Show Katprowl17's posts

Does anyone know anything about how they pick the league MVP's? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

Seedings are out:

http://miaa.ezstream.com/index.cfm?ChnID=314&SubID=-1&chncd=314,-1&itemid=6556&parid=-1&Org=MIAA&CFID=34254057&CFTOKEN=30109856

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

is it a bad thing if it's not even Christmas and I'm already counting the days to April 1st?

Sections
Shortcuts