high school soccer 2012-2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcalla10. Show jcalla10's posts

Re: high school soccer 2012-2013

Needham beats #1 Weymouth 1-0 at home tonight to take a lead in the baystate league.... in the long run hopefully this will leave a sour taste in the mouth of the weymouth players to pick up there game for the rest of the regular season and into the tournament and have a championship type run just like the Weymouth 2007 and 2010 teams did respecitively winning the south sectional in 07 and losing in penalties in 2010 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mdstets. Show mdstets's posts

In response to AlexFilides' comment:

Updated Top 25.

1. Weymouth 12-0-3
    2. St. John's Prep 12-1-1
    3. BC High 11-1-1
    4. Somerville 11-0-2
    5. Acton-Boxboro 9-0-3
    6. New Bedford 12-1-2
    7. Needham 10-1-3
    8. Concord-Carlisle 9-1-1
    9. Dartmouth 11-1-1
    10. Nauset 9-1-3
    11. Wellesley 10-2-0
    12. Winchester 10-0-3
    13. Masconomet 11-0-2
    14. Hingham 8-0-2
    15. Bedford 7-1-4
    16. North Andover 9-1-2
    17. Lowell 11-1-1
    18. Medway 11-2-0
    19. Westford 7-2-2
    20. Oliver Ames 9-2-3
    21. Wilmington 6-1-3
    22. Watertown 7-1-6
    23. Franklin 8-2-4
    24. Marshfield 7-3-2
    25. Brockton 6-5-1
    25. Barnstable 6-2-3

Others: (no order) Pentucket 9-2-2, Rockport 9-2-1, Weston 6-3-2, Coyle Cassidy 10-1-1, Milford 5-2-5, Belmont 7-2-4, Lexington 4-2-2, Lynn Classical 6-0-3, Danvers 8-2-1, Silver Lake 7-3-1, Hanover 9-1-1, Dover-Sherborn 9-2-1, Holliston 9-3-1,

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miked070707. Show miked070707's posts

That Division 1 South Sectional is loaded this year with Weymouth, Needham and BC High all looking like potential challengers to the State Championship.  I never know what to think about New Bedford, they could also be a threat.

St John's Prep is really good as well.  I saw their loss against Weymouth and the Prep is not going to be an easy out in the tourny.  Do they play in the North or the South sectional?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ForgeVill. Show ForgeVill's posts

"St John's Prep is really good as well.  I saw their loss against Weymouth and the Prep is not going to be an easy out in the tourny.  Do they play in the North or the South sectional?"

They are in the North.

The D-1 contenders in the North look like St. John's Prep, A-B, and Somerville. St. John's and A-B tied not too long ago, but that Somerville team is scary. It looks like they already had one top striker before that de Bona kid was added.

Can't really tell about Chelsea either. They made the semifinal last year and have yet to lose this year (but haven't played a tough schedule).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Chelsea is D-1N, correct? I don't see them making  much noise, maybe if they were in D-2 N they could win a couple of games. At most, if they get a good draw at D-1, they might win a game.

Masconomet is undefeated and the defending EMass champ, but I'm not sold on them at all. I believe the Cape Ann League is not nearly as strong as last season, not to mention they lost North Andover to the MVC.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miked070707. Show miked070707's posts

I'm not sure what to think of Masco either.  Last year was weird.  I saw a couple of tourny games and the standard of play was really down compared to years past.  And even this year, I think a lot of the top teams are much better then the top teams a year ago.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In response to miked070707's comment:

I'm not sure what to think of Masco either.  Last year was weird.  I saw a couple of tourny games and the standard of play was really down compared to years past.  And even this year, I think a lot of the top teams are much better then the top teams a year ago.

Masconomet had an easy road to get to the state finals, but to no fault of theirs. However, Masco was supposed to be returning quite a few players from last season. Just don't think they're on the same level as A-B, Somerville and SJP. I have a lot of doubt on Lowell, they're a good team, but just not up there with the best teams in D-1. Lowell needs to challenge themselves in nonconference to better prepare for the tourney. Just too many bad teams in the MVC, it used to be a pretty good league.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcalla10. Show jcalla10's posts

In response to miked070707's comment:

That Division 1 South Sectional is loaded this year with Weymouth, Needham and BC High all looking like potential challengers to the State Championship.  I never know what to think about New Bedford, they could also be a threat.

St John's Prep is really good as well.  I saw their loss against Weymouth and the Prep is not going to be an easy out in the tourny.  Do they play in the North or the South sectional?

The south teams are all generally very technical and play at a high quality but every year there's one team that surprises everyone and upsets a powerhouse like Wellesley over Weymouth last year, needham over top ranked sandwich a few years ago. The south seems to have a few teams like Weymouth, needham, B.C high, New Bedford who are the normal power houses that are favored to prevail... But teams like Dartmouth, nauset, wellesley, and oliver Ames all have chance to knock off a top team that's looking ahead to who they might play next Round. 

The north tends to be very similar having a few power house teams year in and out who are heavy favorites but with such great competition any upset is possible... In the north you have the top 3 favorites in A-B, St. Johns prep, and Somerville.. But you can't over look teams who struggled early on who have now gained confidence and hit there stride heading into the tournament like a westford, Winchester, Peabody or the usual suspects framingham and Lexington who has had a great program for a number of years, both the north and south will be fun to watch and read about once the tournament starts 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miked070707. Show miked070707's posts

In response to jcalla10's comment:

The south teams are all generally very technical and play at a high quality but every year there's one team that surprises everyone and upsets a powerhouse like Wellesley over Weymouth last year, needham over top ranked sandwich a few years ago. The south seems to have a few teams like Weymouth, needham, B.C high, New Bedford who are the normal power houses that are favored to prevail... But teams like Dartmouth, nauset, wellesley, and oliver Ames all have chance to knock off a top team that's looking ahead to who they might play next Round. 

I get what your saying.  Although, honestly, anytime I see a Bay State team win, like the wellesley and Needham games you mentioned, I don't necessarily call it an upset.  Oliver Ames does look like they could be a player though too.  I'd be pretty surprised if Needham, BC High and Weymouth don't make the sectional semi's.  Unless of course they meet each other beforehand.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dragonp6. Show Dragonp6's posts

In the Boys & Girls Soccer leaders why is there no info the the Big Three Conference ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcalla10. Show jcalla10's posts

So coming into the final days of the season what does the south bracket look like in terms of seeding? There's an lawful lot of teams with very similar records from seeds 1-8 this year 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Posted these rankings on another forum earlier in the week, so the records are not updated.

1. Weymouth 14-1-3
    2. St. John's Prep 13-1-2
    3. Somerville 13-0-2
    4. Needham 13-1-3
    5. Acton-Boxboro 11-1-3
    6. BC High 12-2-2
    7. Dartmouth 13-1-1
    8. New Bedford 12-2-2
    9. Masconomet 13-0-2
    10. Nauset 12-1-3
    11. Bedford 11-1-4
    12. N. Andover 13-1-2
    13. Concord-Carl 11-2-1
    14. Winchester 11-1-4
    15. Wellesley 11-2-2
    16. Hingham 11-1-3
    17. Westford 8-2-3
    18. Medway 13-2-1
    19. Oliver Ames 12-2-3
    20. Silver Lake 12-3-2
    21. Brockton 7-5-1
    22. Lowell 13-2-1
    22. Wilmington 10-1-3
    23. Franklin 9-2-5
    24. Milford 8-2-5
    25. Barnstable 7-3-3

Others: Marshfield 8-3-2, Pentucket 12-2-2, Rockport 11-3-2, Chelsea 12-0-1, Weston 8-4-2, Watertown 8-2-6, Belmont 9-3-4, Lexington 5-2-4, Danvers 9-2-1, Scituate 10-2-1, Hanover 10-2-2, Holliston 10-3-2.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In response to jcalla10's comment:

So coming into the final days of the season what does the south bracket look like in terms of seeding? There's an lawful lot of teams with very similar records from seeds 1-8 this year 

I almost never do potential seedings, except maybe at the very end of the season, when all the games have been played. a) One or two games can really throw everything out of wack b)I'm nots sure how accurate the scores/records are c)teams not calling in results d)nonleague games that don't qualify in the standings e)teams being disqualifies because of too many yellow cards.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jason12343. Show jason12343's posts

Re: D1 South tournament

I got the records off of Boston.com.  If you have any updated results or corrections, let me know and I'll make changes.

Barnstable  7-5-3 (Falmouth),    

BC High      12-2-3,          

Braintree     8-8-3,     

B-R          ?, 

Brockton     9-6-3,      

CM          8-6-2,          

Dartmouth  13-2-2 (Sandwich),                          

D-R         8-7-2,    

Durfee            ?,      

Falmouth     5-5-2,     

Franklin       11-2-5                

GNBV        ?,        

KP           ?,    

Marshfield    11-3-2,    

Natick         9-5-3,                        

Nauset          13-2-3,      

Needham       15-1-3,       

New Bedford  14-2-2,   

N. Attleboro        ?

OA                  13-2-3

Quincy            10-6-4

Silver Lake      12-3-2

Taunton           7-7-2

Walpole           9-6-2

Wellesley         9-7-2

Weymouth       14-1-4

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcalla10. Show jcalla10's posts

First round... 

brockton obverse Quincy 

GNBVT over N. Attleboro 

marshfield over Deighton rehoboth 

taunton over milford

wellesley over king phillip

natick over Barnstable 

silver lake over Braintree 

walpole over durfee

CM over Franklin 

second round.....

needham over bBrockton

Marshfield over GNBVT

dartmouth over Taunton 

wellesley over nauset 

weymouth over naticky 

silver lake over B.C high 

New Bedford over Walpole 

Oliver Ames over C.M

quarterfinals......

Needham over Marshfield 

Dartmouth over Wellesley 

Weymouth over silver lake

oliver Ames over New Bedford 

semi finals.....

needham over Dartmouth 

weymouth over Oliver Ames 

south sectional final 

weymouth over needham 2-1 in penalties 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from helmsman. Show helmsman's posts

St. John's Prep defeats Acton-Boxborough 1-0. Great job Prep! WATCH OUT MASCO!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcalla10. Show jcalla10's posts

South semi finals are as followed 

needham Vs Dartmouth 

weymouth vs Oliver Ames 

two good match that will produce hard fought close games but in the end I think needhams offense will get the job done against Dartmouth in a 4-2 victory and Weymouths depth and defense will wear down Oliver Ames in a 2-0 Weymouth win Setting up a baystate rivarly game for the south sectional title 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clemlabine. Show Clemlabine's posts

In response to helmsman's comment:

helmsman,

AB had those terrific defensemen and those two talented forwards.  Did Prep dominate the midfield, or was it just one of those even games that could'a gone either way?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In response to Clemlabine's comment:

In response to helmsman's comment:

helmsman,

AB had those terrific defensemen and those two talented forwards.  Did Prep dominate the midfield, or was it just one of those even games that could'a gone either way?

I heard Prep's goal was on a turn around from 25 yards out, I was following the game on twitter.

Sorry, I've been posting over at the TS boards, there is a lot of action over there, in addition to some trolling, so beware.

Sections
Shortcuts