MIAA - error or incompetence?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from socrfan2. Show socrfan2's posts

MIAA - error or incompetence?

I noticed that the MIAA Boys south bracket has two of the games scheduled to play back to back.  Weymouth and Mansfield will both have a days rest yet the winner of Braintree vs Walpole and Brockton vs D-R have to play back to back.  Did the MIAA make an error on the date or are they disregarding all the hardwork these teams put into making the tournament, and lack of understanding of the sport.  Tired muscles from not having a day to recuperate could result in late tackles, tired legs could result in ACL tears or other injuries.  Is the MIAA disregarding the intensity at which these games are played at.   Taking all these things into account it is negligent on the MIAA's part to schedule these intense games back to back.  I know if my son got injured because the MIAA scheduled a game back to back, I would have a nice lawsuit waiting for them. The same thing is happening in D1 North.  I'm convinced the people who are handling the scheduling for the MIAA don't know what they're doing and are doing a disservice to the teams that worked so hard to get to this point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohreallly. Show ohreallly's posts

Re: MIAA - error or incompetence?

The MIAA does not care about the players. They want the games played like they scheduled them.  It is absurd most of these kids play every other day during the tournament, but in the regular season they are only allowed to play three times in a week.  If the MIAA really cared about players they would have USSF Grade 8 or higher referees on every game.  It is unfortunate, that this has occurred, but very unlikely the MIAA will change the schedule. 

Another perfect example of their absurdity is how the games in the west are scheduled. They should combine the west with central so they have to play as many games to win sectionals as their counterparts in the north and south have to play.  But the MIAA isn't about fairness... go ask them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jod20102. Show jod20102's posts

http://www.weather.com/outlook/weather-news/news/articles/snow-photos-northeast-forecast_2010-11-08

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from socrfan2. Show socrfan2's posts

In Response to Re: MIAA - error or incompetence?:
    The MIAA does not care about the players. They want the games played like they scheduled them.  It is absurd most of these kids play every other day during the tournament, but in the regular season they are only allowed to play three times in a week.  If the MIAA really cared about players they would have USSF Grade 8 or higher referees on every game.  It is unfortunate, that this has occurred, but very unlikely the MIAA will change the schedule.  Another perfect example of their absurdity is how the games in the west are scheduled. They should combine the west with central so they have to play as many games to win sectionals as their counterparts in the north and south have to play.  But the MIAA isn't about fairness... go ask them.
    Posted by ohreallly

Does the MIAA make basketball teams in the tournament play back to back?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jod20102. Show jod20102's posts

In Response to Re: MIAA - error or incompetence? : Does the MIAA make basketball teams in the tournament play back to back?
    Posted by socrfan2

The games were scheduled for today but moved back because of the inclement weather. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from socrfan2. Show socrfan2's posts

In Response to Re: MIAA - error or incompetence? : The games were scheduled for today but moved back because of the inclement weather. 
    Posted by jod20102

Did the teams have the option of playing today?  I know of one coach who complained to me that if he could've had the option to play today or back to back, he definately would've played today.  If the coach didn't make the decision, who did and why wasn't the coach consulted?  Sounds like either the AD or the MIAA made the decision.  It just seems like any person of limited intelligence could make better decisions.  The sport and the players are the ones that suffer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kipmaster24. Show Kipmaster24's posts

It's probably the AD's call.  Most likely the fields were just not playable.  These things are rarely completely fair, whether its's because of a seeding draw, schedule, officiating, or weather.  But the champion teams don't look for excuses, they just play through any challenge they come across.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rmazaika. Show rmazaika's posts

Hopkinton moved their game from their home grass field to a turf field a Medfield HS in order to play on Monday knowing the next game would NOT be moved from Weds in order to get a day rest in between games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrapa-. Show scrapa-'s posts

Peabody simply cannot find a turf field to use so they will play in the mud today against Framingham.  Winner goes to Lexington tomorrow.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jason12343. Show jason12343's posts

It's probably the AD's call.  Most likely the fields were just not playable.  These things are rarely completely fair, whether its's because of a seeding draw, schedule, officiating, or weather.  But the champion teams don't look for excuses, they just play through any challenge they come across.
    Posted by Kipmaster24

A level playing field?  There are a lot of teams that have to play back to back and I agree that this is not fair.  I mapped out the remaining games and it would look like this.  1st rd tonight, Qtr final 10/11 Veteran's day like it has always been since I can remember.  10/13 semis on Sat, Mon. 11/15 Finals, Wed. 11/17 N vs. S, Fri, Sat, or Sun 11/19-11/21 State Finals.  + 11/22 and 11/23 as make up dates.  There will be numerous teams eliminated as of the semis, even with football games going on there are fields available.  I agree also agree that the coordinators of the MIAA are idiots for scheduling games back to back when there is obviously no need to.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brett2323. Show brett2323's posts

Playing back to back games is nothing short of ridiculous. I understand they cannot schedule it so there is only one game a week (or they'd be playing far into the winter), but the players' health/fitness is being put at risk definitely. Maybe the solution is to have fewer teams in the tournament but then again most teams are used to playing 2-3 games  within 5 days during the regular season anyways.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrapa-. Show scrapa-'s posts

Framingham played in Peabody at 6 last night, then played at Lexington at 2 this afternoon.  Somebody with some authority should have stepped in.  I know neither the Lexington or Framingham coaching staffs would ever ask for help like this, but it is the MIAA's job to avoid these situations.  Was at the game today,  Flyers looked gassed.  Lexington was clearly more skilled, but you could tell FHS just had no legs. 

Balenthin is the real deal.  Kid dominated the game from the sweeper position.

Sections
Shortcuts