MIAA Tourney Scores

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Re: MIAA Tourney Scores

Concord-Carlisle 4 Salem 2......looks like Salem was trying to put up a bit of a battle. Anyone see that game?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from socrfan2. Show socrfan2's posts

Weymouth at Brockton game.  Brockton had numerous opportunities to win the game in regulation.  With the wind at their backs and against the wind  Brockton were the more dangerous team in the run of play.  Weymouth's attack was generated from Robbie Lynch's 1 free kick and Lynch's awesome throw-ins that were constantly dangerous.  By the end of the game Brockton had lost their legs having five starters out of the game.  Weymouth battled for the victory but Brockton not winning the game in regulation did them in.  If the shoe is on the other foot and Weymouth had to play back to back and Brockton had a days rest you would've seen a very different result.  MIAA messed up this tournament by making certain teams play back to back and others not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tictac1211. Show tictac1211's posts

Arlington 2 MC 0

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Nantucket and Dover Sherborn have still only played one game so far. While many other team's have played 3. Not sure how it works really.

New Bedford almost at home, game at GNBV against Braintree, again not sure ow the MIAA figures these things out, of if they even care half the time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from robbiek3. Show robbiek3's posts

In Response to Re: MIAA Tourney Scores:
    [QUOTE]Concord-Carlisle 4 Salem 2......looks like Salem was trying to put up a bit of a battle. Anyone see that game?
    Posted by AlexFilides[/QUOTE]

CC went up 4-0 and let in two goals w/ subs and backup goalie in late in the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIAA Tourney Scores : CC went up 4-0 and let in two goals w/ subs and backup goalie in late in the game.
    Posted by robbiek3[/QUOTE]

Thanks, guess it wasn't close afterall. Thought maybe it was close toward the end until CC pulled away.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jod20102. Show jod20102's posts

[QUOTE]Nantucket and Dover Sherborn have still only played one game so far. While many other team's have played 3. Not sure how it works really. New Bedford almost at home, game at GNBV against Braintree, again not sure ow the MIAA figures these things out, of if they even care half the time.

The game has been rescheduled 2-3 times because of the rough seas... D-S can't get down there if the ferries aren't running

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southshoreexpert. Show southshoreexpert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIAA Tourney Scores : The game has been rescheduled 2-3 times because of the rough seas... D-S can't get down there if the ferries aren't running
    Posted by jod20102[/QUOTE]

So Nantucket gets to keep a home game for days while KP had to give up a home game within hours?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIAA Tourney Scores : So Nantucket gets to keep a home game for days while KP had to give up a home game within hours?
    Posted by southshoreexpert[/QUOTE]

I believe there were also other team's that had to give up their home field for one reason or another.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogboy55. Show dogboy55's posts

Alex,

what are your thoughts on D2 North?  Winchester and CC still the favorites, but how about the seedings and the teams that made it to the quarters?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]Alex, what are your thoughts on D2 North?  Winchester and CC still the favorites, but how about the seedings and the teams that made it to the quarters?
    Posted by dogboy55[/QUOTE]

Sorry, not sure I fully understand your question, but I'll try to answer.

I'm guessing you wanted my thoughts on D-2N going forward, which includes all the teams left. North Andover, Winchester, Arlington, Concord-Carlisle.

The first thing that has caught my eye is Arlington with a home game against higher seeded Winchester. I really don't have an answer for this.  Honestly, they really need to hire a tournament director for soccer, someone that knows the team's, knows the atmosphere etc. It's at this point, between the unbalanced teams(south, north etc), random seeding, back to back games and now giving lower seeds a home game, which makes me question the MIAA's competence in running a fair and balanced tournament.

Concord-Carlisle has a slight advantage being closer to home and having played on AB's turf before. Concord-Carlisle and Winchester win easy, but you probably knew that.

In regards for N. Andover to have a chance, they have a history in the tournament of allowing a lot of goals, with the exception of this season. Both of their wins were 1-0, which gives them a fighting chance. Tarbox mentioned before the season he didn't have the offensive weapons from last season, so maybe they are going with a more defensive alignment. If N. Andover is hoping to have a chance, they really need to figure out a way to shut the CC attack down.

Arlington has a history of going out early in the tournament, so to see them here is a bit of a surprise.
    You never know which Arlington team is going to show up. This year they have been quite inconsistent, however have won when they needed to. Home field advantage gives them a fighting chance. Winchester just got by Belmont, so it could be a sign they're tiring possibly.  Oddly, first game they just got by Lynn Classical, outside of one player really isn't very good. But then won convincingly over two pretty good teams in MC and Pentucket. 15-20 years ago I would've said zero chance, but more parity, deeper benches gives them a chance.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Over the past two years, I've gotten seriously burned on team's losing on PK's.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohreallly. Show ohreallly's posts

Not too likely the games will be played on Nantucket today.  Still high seas, wind advisory and gusts on Nantucket at 40 mph.  Can't get the kids off the island and can't get teams there.  Not only is DS unable to play there, but the Cohassset girls are scheduled to play at 11:30 this morning. Just don't see that happening today.

The MIAA needs to closely examine the way they do the scheduling.  It is insane to have the games scheduled for every other day.  Look at Braintree, they have already played three games since Saturday and will play again on Friday- 4 games in 7 days. If they win; 5 games in 8 days. Just absurd. 

Don't even get me started on these kids who have had to play back to back games.  Some of them are playing 100 minutes and going to PK's, attend school, and get back on a bus to play another game... all within 24 hours.  Wake up MIAA, remember they are STUDENT-athletes!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

If New Bedford dosent win D1 South this year, its never to happen again. Add the fact they are playing at GNB Voc on route 18 in the heart of New Beige only adds to this. Gotta wonder if they pick the facilities for semi-final and final matchups ahead of time. New Bedford fans will be out in droves for this next match, hard to see them losing....but if the game remains a tie....well you know what happens.

Sandwich looked good beating a stingy Apponequet team the other night. Sandwich vs Canton South final? I'd like to see that winner play C-C or Winchester. Both teams look better this year then last year.

Westport in D3 until they face Weston up north. With these postponments, I dont see Dover-Sherborn getting past Nantucket, Nantucket took care of a very good Bourne team in the regular season, playing at home will make all the difference, that boat ride gets to you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jod20102. Show jod20102's posts

D-S vs. Nantucket postponed again... this is becoming a logistics nightmare.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SPORTSRGOOD. Show SPORTSRGOOD's posts

They have already schedule the North Finals for the Manning Bowl in Lynn on Sunday.  Appears like they are all on the same day.

There could not be a worse location to get to from anyplace.  The MIAA loves the place.  Not sure why.

The Brockton coach mentioned in the paper how difficult it was for his kids to play back to back high intensity game. 

I wonder if they will try to jam all the South finals on the same day.  It seems like it would be difficult with the Nantucket situation.

With the importance of the games and all the work put in now by these teams there should be one day mandatory rest between games so no team is put at a disadvantage. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southshoreexpert. Show southshoreexpert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIAA Tourney Scores : I believe there were also other team's that had to give up their home field for one reason or another.

Alex, with all due respect, name another team that gave up their home field to play on the OTHER team's home field. No one has explained why KP didn't play locally at another field, or at a minimum neutrally, as all the other teams did that had unplayable home fields.

And I think you went 0-4 on your South D1 quarter picks.

Interesting South semis. Two unknown and/or lightly regarded squads against two powerhouses -- powerhouses on the field and in the media. That's what makes these tournaments great fun.

Hard to believe NB gets to play in NB. Only in this case, Braintree was probably thrilled. Bigger the challenge, the better they like it. Had to win last regular season game just to qualify and already knocked off media favorites Attleboro and Walpole on the road, and an obviously underrated Mansfield on the road. Playing in NB for this game actually will be a disadvantage for NB as it plays into the Braintree story and obviously the Braintree kids don't care where they play.

No team gets more media attention than Weymouth. Seems like they have a full expose replete with coach and player commentary every week. Seen any articles on Silver Lake lately? Most don't even know where or what Silver Lake is? SL will pose more of a competitive challenge in this game than most folks think, but look for Weymouth to find a way, any way, to advance.

Then we'd be looking at a fascinating Weymouth-Braintree backyard clash. Karma edge to Braintree.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xsoccer92. Show xsoccer92's posts

Several marquee award-winners still left in the tourney:

All-American Cole DeNormandie Lincoln-Sudbury
    All-American Matt Keys King Philip
    All- NE Homero Morais Somerville
    All- NE Robert Lynch Weymouth
    All- NE Thomas Ballenthin Lexington
    All- NE Tyler Savonen Nauset
    All- NE Keady Segal Rockport
    All- NE Edwin DeMoya Salem
    All- NE Cameron Bielski Dover-Sherborn

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jod20102. Show jod20102's posts

[QUOTE]Westport in D3 until they face Weston up north. With these postponments, I dont see Dover-Sherborn getting past Nantucket, Nantucket took care of a very good Bourne team in the regular season, playing at home will make all the difference, that boat ride gets to you.
    Posted by slimsmitty1602[/QUOTE]

Wow, no kidding...

http://www.wickedlocal.com/nantucket/newsnow/x1684095865/Trip-to-Nantucket-no-vacation-for-Holbrook-boys-soccer

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIAA Tourney Scores : Alex, with all due respect, name another team that gave up their home field to play on the OTHER team's home field. No one has explained why KP didn't play locally at another field, or at a minimum neutrally, as all the other teams did that had unplayable home fields. And I think you went 0-4 on your South D1 quarter picks. Interesting South semis. Two unknown and/or lightly regarded squads against two powerhouses -- powerhouses on the field and in the media. That's what makes these tournaments great fun. Hard to believe NB gets to play in NB. Only in this case, Braintree was probably thrilled. Bigger the challenge, the better they like it. Had to win last regular season game just to qualify and already knocked off media favorites Attleboro and Walpole on the road, and an obviously underrated Mansfield on the road. Playing in NB for this game actually will be a disadvantage for NB as it plays into the Braintree story and obviously the Braintree kids don't care where they play. No team gets more media attention than Weymouth. Seems like they have a full expose replete with coach and player commentary every week. Seen any articles on Silver Lake lately? Most don't even know where or what Silver Lake is? SL will pose more of a competitive challenge in this game than most folks think, but look for Weymouth to find a way, any way, to advance. Then we'd be looking at a fascinating Weymouth-Braintree backyard clash. Karma edge to Braintree.
    Posted by southshoreexpert[/QUOTE]

Of course, I was agreeing with you actually, KP did get shafted. My statement was made towards other team's not playing at home and the incompetence of the MIAA in all of this. All though looking back could see how someone reading it could take it differently.

A big 0-4 on my prediction picks on D-1S! I'm one of the few that can come on here and admit he was wrong. Sometimes, you just can't predict which team's will get the breaks, which team's are tired, which team's are "up and ready" to play. Parity is at an all time high.  This is what makes hs soccer great, that I can go 0-4 on my picks and fans going to a game not knowing who's going to come out on top.

Braintree is the cinderella this season. You're most likely correct, right now Braintree has the mentality they can play any team anywhere, so it very well could play into their advantage.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SPORTSRGOOD. Show SPORTSRGOOD's posts

[QUOTE]Several marquee award-winners still left in the tourney: All-American Cole DeNormandie Lincoln-Sudbury All-American Matt Keys King Philip All- NE Homero Morais Somerville All- NE Robert Lynch Weymouth All- NE Thomas Ballenthin Lexington All- NE Tyler Savonen Nauset All- NE Keady Segal Rockport All- NE Edwin DeMoya Salem All- NE Cameron Bielski Dover-Sherborn
    Posted by xsoccer92[/QUOTE]

Nauset and Savonen are out in the first round.

He scored 0 goals in their two biggest games of the year against the best team they played, Sandwich. 

Stats can be run up against the weak sisters of any conference

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southshoreexpert. Show southshoreexpert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIAA Tourney Scores : Nauset and Savonen are out in the first round. He scored 0 goals in their two biggest games of the year against the best team they played, Sandwich.  Stats can be run up against the weak sisters of any conference
    Posted by SPORTSRGOOD[/QUOTE]

Unfair. Perhaps the extent of the stats is related to competition and favorable statistician, but TS is a phenomenal player. Probably underrated actually given that being from the Cape he gets less attention than some of the other top players and was self-secure enough to not worry about the ODP/DAP scene. An argument could be made that he was best player in the state this year. Also an outstanding, superior kid.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

I was just watching a video clip of Concord Carlisle's 4 goals they scored against Salem, all of them nearly perfectly timed and executed. They look like a college soccer team, their tactical awareness is off the charts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southshoreexpert. Show southshoreexpert's posts

[QUOTE]An argument could be made for anything but 0 goals is 0 goals in the 2 biggest (regular season) games of the year. Im sure he is a great kid and that is what matters anyway.  But putting 4 on plymouth north or south or harwich doesnt mean much when it comes to talk of best player in the state.  Obviously doesnt hurt, but I dont think its unfair
    Posted by DontBeAnIdiot[/QUOTE]

Follow your nickname. He has played against top-level competition and performed at a very high level for a long time. Don't make it sound like he's from the country and racking up stats against Division 4 teams. The two all-americans didn't advance either. I've seen all these kids play, and he's at the very, very top, and in terms of the whole package, he very well may be at the top.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clemlabine. Show Clemlabine's posts

CC and North Andover scrimmaged way back in September and NA had the better of the play (though only 1-0) when the starters were in for both clubs.
    It should be a good one....

When Arlington is playing with full intensity, it defends well.....but Winchester figures to end Arlington's great run ends here. 

With the two shoot-out loses dealt to LS and AB, I think that the DCL is now at 10-4 in the tourney, OK, but probably not good enough to claim top conference.....which league is leading at the moment? 

Sections
Shortcuts