MIAA Tourney Scores

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogboy55. Show dogboy55's posts

Re: MIAA Tourney Scores

In Response to Re: MIAA Tourney Scores:
    [QUOTE]Was anyone at the Arlington Winchester game?  Was Arlington really up with 5 minutes to play?  And most importantly what's the scouting report on Winchester?
    Posted by Kipmaster24[/QUOTE]

Your sources are correct.  Arlington was up 1-0 with about 4 min to play when Lexington scored off a long strike (40-50 yards) by sweeper Ben Bratt into the box, and was headed in.  He had been doing that all night but the Arlington defense played amazingly tough with no mistakes.

Second goal was a minute later off a corner kick, a squiber inside the post.  That was effectively the game.

Arlington went up 1-0 in the first 10 minutes, and held tough for the remainder of the game.  Winchester is very talented and balanced, but Arlington matched them defensively while making no gaffs.  One of the best HS soccer games I've watched.  (also saw the Somerville Brookline game preceding.  Somerville has some talented ball handlers, but no match for Brooklines Defense)

Winchester - hard to pin point any one or two players, but the sweeper may have been the star of the game.  Center mids (#10 and #18) also very good.

Also - stands were packed.  in the thousands easily.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvsoccermom. Show luvsoccermom's posts

Where and when is the NNHS v Brookline game on Sunday?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kipmaster24. Show Kipmaster24's posts

All north final games are being held in Lynn at Manning Field

NN v Brookline - 11AM
    CC v Winchester - 3 PM
    Rockport v St. Mary's - 7PM

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvlfan01. Show tvlfan01's posts

DS 4 Westport 1.  Westport forwards were terrific but DS controlled throughout.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nesmarket. Show nesmarket's posts

[QUOTE]DS 4 Westport 1.  Westport forwards were terrific but DS controlled throughout.
    Posted by tvlfan01[/QUOTE]

Westport defense could not move the ball out of their end without giving up control of the ball. D/S strong well balanced team. Getting in from Nantucket past midnight had no effect on them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ackdad. Show ackdad's posts

[QUOTE]The DS/Nantucket game was an extremely well-played game on both sides.  Two very evenly matched teams.  Nantucket had better chances but DS controlled more of the game.  OT goal was a great cross with header at the far post.  Congrats to Nantucket on a great season and good luck DS going forward.
    Posted by tvlfan01[/QUOTE]
    Yes, it was an amazing, tough, evenly matched game - could have gone either way. DS controlled play early on but Nantucket settled down and put DS on their heels for good periods of time with some great chances, including hitting the metal on at least 2-3 occasions. But DS is a very solid team, well organized with a particularly strong midfield and very talented attacking threat with C. Bielsky. DS was Nantucket's toughest opponent this year and agree with the predictions - they'll take the D3 South final over Cohasset and probably the D3 State finals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ss_selects. Show ss_selects's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIAA Tourney Scores : Westport defense could not move the ball out of their end without giving up control of the ball. D/S strong well balanced team. Getting in from Nantucket past midnight had no effect on them.
    Posted by nesmarket[/QUOTE]

spellman looses in pk but shouldve won in my opinion..... bad luck

i saw the 2d of the ds/westport game..... ds played very good d and #10 owned the center..... westports forward were good but barely touched the ball at all.... ds will win over cohaset easy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIAA Tourney Scores : spellman looses in pk but shouldve won in my opinion..... bad luck i saw the 2d of the ds/westport game..... ds played very good d and #10 owned the center..... westports forward were good but barely touched the ball at all.... ds will win over cohaset easy
    Posted by ss_selects[/QUOTE]

Spellman wasn't that good this year, somehow the Globe felt the need to keep ranking them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sochamps. Show sochamps's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIAA Tourney Scores : Spellman wasn't that good this year, somehow the Globe felt the need to keep ranking them.
    Posted by AlexFilides[/QUOTE]
    Did you see them play at all? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIAA Tourney Scores : Did you see them play at all? 
    Posted by sochamps[/QUOTE]

Nope, but it didn't take a rocket scientist to see they weren't nearly as good as the 2009 team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ss_selects. Show ss_selects's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIAA Tourney Scores : Nope, but it didn't take a rocket scientist to see they weren't nearly as good as the 2009 team.

i think you are right..... it doesnt matter anyway,ds and there #10 in the center are to good in d3, very good team

alex..... who will win todays games ? i think sanwich and weymoth can do it

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sochamps. Show sochamps's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIAA Tourney Scores : Nope, but it didn't take a rocket scientist to see they weren't nearly as good as the 2009 team.

Yes, not as good as last year.  Not bad though for losing 9 starters, playing this year with one senior starter and making it to the semi finals.
    Looking forward to next year.   :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

I think Brookline takes out Newton N, by a couple of goals, 2-0. End of the road for NN.

I'm sticking to my original prediction of Concord-Carlisle over Winchester. CC has the depth and Winchester may be playing tired right now.

Rockport easily over St. Mary's 4-0.

Weymouth wins by a couple of goals over New Bedford.

I think normally defense usually prevails, although Canton has slightly the better defense, I think Sandwich is dynamite on offense, where Canton tends to struggle.

Dover-Sherborn defeates Cohasset, however D-S may be playing tired as well. Lack of a bench may keep Cohasset in the game.

Overall, we may have a few easy wins today, don't be surprised if the games aren't close.

Just for the record, despite the 11am games, I don't have any information on any of the games played even though posting at 12:30pm. I'm going to check the twitter feeds now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Not sure if many people are aware, however the patch on twitter tends to give updates on the tournament games, you can just do a search(city+soccer) and sometimes you can get halftime updates.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dangle95. Show dangle95's posts

NN beats Brookline in PKs. 1-1 going in to PKs, even after 5, Newton wins on first sudden death.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slowbutquick. Show slowbutquick's posts

Canton wins in PKs, 9,  Hot Goalie

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerfan12. Show soccerfan12's posts

Winchester/ C-C

who won between Winchester and C-C?  does anyone have any details on the match?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

I could write a book on how much I hate PK's to decide games, especially team's that work hard throughout the whole season to have it suddenly end like that. Unfortunately, we have to accept it as part of the game.

Of course, I'm speaking from a fan's perspective, not a coaches.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from robbiek3. Show robbiek3's posts

CC in overtime 2-1 top corner snipe mikey o'brien is an animal

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kipmaster24. Show Kipmaster24's posts

What a great game, featuring two great teams. 

Winchester scored first on a long free kick from their Sweeper #4, that was headed up once, before Conelly pounced on the ball in the box.

In the second half the urgencey started to set in for C-C.  They equalized pretty early on after O'Brien was played through down the right hand side.  He slid the ball back across to Puchrick who evened it up at 1 a piece.

No one was able to break the deadlock before the end of regulation despite O'Brien hitting the cross bar with 3 minutes remaining.

In the first extra time, Walker-Jacks played a long ball that Creighton chested down, O'Brien picked it up about 40 yards from net, carried it down into the Winchester box, cut back once and fired a laser into the upper corner, game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

St. Mary's/Rockport game won't start until 8:30 according to a tweet. It's suspected the fans of Rockport have taken the field in protest of St. Mary's getting a home game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerfan12. Show soccerfan12's posts

Alex

r u joking or serious about the Rockport on field protest?  if u r serious, how do you get this info?  i have been trying "Patch" for each town, but no dice so far ...how do you get all your soccer info?  just from web searches?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from emasssoccer2010. Show emasssoccer2010's posts

[QUOTE]St. Mary's/Rockport game won't start until 8:30 according to a tweet. It's suspected the fans of Rockport have taken the field in protest of St. Mary's getting a home game.

Only starting late because the D1 Boys, D2 Girls, and D2 boys games all went into OT (with D1 boys and D2 girls going into PKs). Everything's backed up

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from emasssoccer2010. Show emasssoccer2010's posts

[QUOTE]What a great game, featuring two great teams.  Winchester scored first on a long free kick from their Sweeper #4, that was headed up once, before Conelly pounced on the ball in the box. In the second half the urgencey started to set in for C-C.  They equalized pretty early on after O'Brien was played through down the right hand side.  He slid the ball back across to Puchrick who evened it up at 1 a piece. No one was able to break the deadlock before the end of regulation despite O'Brien hitting the cross bar with 3 minutes remaining. In the first extra time, Walker-Jacks played a long ball that Creighton chested down, O'Brien picked it up about 40 yards from net, carried it down into the Winchester box, cut back once and fired a laser into the upper corner, game.
    Posted by Kipmaster24[/QUOTE]

It was certainly an exciting game, but I would contend the level of soccer played was surprisingly low. I expected much better play from both sides, but much of the game was sloppy kick and run. Both teams had their moments, but overall I've seen much better high school games (in terms of level of play).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Re: Alex

In Response to Alex:
    [QUOTE]r u joking or serious about the Rockport on field protest?  if u r serious, how do you get this info?  i have been trying "Patch" for each town, but no dice so far ...how do you get all your soccer info?  just from web searches?
    Posted by soccerfan12[/QUOTE]

Just a joke Wink

It seems the patch may not operate on Sunday. I was getting a lot of updates on Friday however. I wasn't able to find anything today either.

Sections
Shortcuts