Re: MIAA Tourney Scores
posted at 11/18/2010 12:47 PM EST
In Response to Re: MIAA Tourney Scores
[QUOTE]I don't think the CC Canton game was lopsided that bend not break has been the way canton has played all year. They have a great goalie and back line. The midfield gives gives gives. the 12-8 marging in shots was about how the game was, no question CC was the better team but the scored goals were one own goal and a rebound off a post. the wind was a factor I think more to canton disadvantage because they go over the top a lot more to their forwards, while CC builds from the midfield. That being said there is no way that CC is the top ranked team Sandwich, New Bedford, NN, Lex even Hop were better. Teams I have seen play CC midfield was one of the better mid fields I have seen. Nothing really special up front (Sandwich strikers were light years better as was NB) I felt CC back line was surprising weak, the big center back, a team leader, was not very quick (although fast when going north south) and was out of position a lot (he did play hard no doubt). That was the most shots Canton has had on goal in a month. I think sandwichs forwards would have killed them, Sandwich had problems with Cantons quick backs. Just my opinion, Defense and hot goalies carry weight but don't make for a pretty game. On a side note, both teams played hard and were respectful, A number of good professional fouls. Nothing cheap from either team, Well reffed.
Posted by slowbutquick[/QUOTE]
As soon as I saw you say Madison Park would win the north final I knew you didn't have a clue. Now you've been exposed to everyone else who was at the CC v Canton game.
1. I have no idea where you come up with 8 shots for Canton, but they really didn't have a single chance all night.
2. The wind often plays a big advantage for teams that play over the top, as it did in the first half, alas it still lead to nothing.
3. So CC played one poor half against the wind, and then makes Canton look like a JV side. Canton beats Hopkington and Sandwich, yet those sides are some how better than C-C. It's hard to compare the other teams, but I have a feeling C-C would be just fine against any of them.
4. The CC forwards are nothing special? You can tell that to Ben Bratt and the rest of the Winchester back line, or you can look at the 70 goals the've scored this season, coming from the DCL. I don't know how you define special, but that's not to shabby IMO.
5. The CC back line was weak? BAHAHAHA, that defense has allowed less than half a goal a game, it is pretty darn good if you ask me. It's funny you mention Sandwich because the same defense played that Dallas Donovan lead front line last year, and shut them out. Oh, and that centerback who you say is not very quick and is out of position a lot, is one of the premier defenders in the state. Right up there with Ballenthin, Bratt, and Keys.
Your eye for the game is either very weak, or you need to save a few tokes for the rest of us.