MIAA Tourney Scores

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUsoccer. Show RUsoccer's posts

Re: MIAA Tourney Scores

In Response to Re: MIAA Tourney Scores:
    Very interesting how no one ever talks about Newton North and the absolutely astounding run that they are making in this tournament at a no. 19 seed. They have eliminated POWER HOUSES in this tournament. Sometimes heart does prevail.
    Posted by theyknow

NN was always a powerhouse back when I played. Doesn't suprise me when they make it this far. Always been a consistent and strong program. And they play in the best league to prepare for the tourney.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xsoccer92. Show xsoccer92's posts

Down to the final 4 for each division. Any predictions?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miked070707. Show miked070707's posts

Yeah I'm not terribly surprised by Newton North's run because they've been one of those power houses in years past.  They've had a couple down seasons recently but really they were probably still a quality team they just play in the ultra-competitive bay state carey.  Any time a team qualifies out of that division I think they are capable of making a long run.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kipmaster24. Show Kipmaster24's posts

Down to the final 4 for each division. Any predictions?
    Posted by xsoccer92

Division 1: Ludlow over New Bedford
    Division 2: CC over Nipmuc
    Division 3: Bromfield over Rockport(no idea about this one)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUsoccer. Show RUsoccer's posts

D1- NB
    D2- CC
    D3- DS

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvsoccermom. Show luvsoccermom's posts

NNHS v NB...any result yet?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kipmaster24. Show Kipmaster24's posts

2-1 New Bedford in second extra period.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

I'm tired of picking. I'm just going to let it all happen, sit back and enjoy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slowbutquick. Show slowbutquick's posts

Every year I am surprised at how close the finals and semifinals are.   I absolutely hate PKs. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clemlabine. Show Clemlabine's posts

Every year I am surprised at how close the finals and semifinals are.   I absolutely hate PKs. 
    Posted by slowbutquick

It would be better to have the first 10 minute OT played with 10 on a side, the next with 8, next with 6...then PK's if those 30 minutes net nothing.  Normal subbing, so kids shouldn't be any more susceptible to wearing out than regular OT.  Having 8 on a side might not be real soccer, but it would at least involve offense and defense and more soccer skills than the PKs (which is the absolute worst part of soccer--even worse than offsides.)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SPORTSRGOOD. Show SPORTSRGOOD's posts

Posted by slowbutquick

Tough way to end a season for any team.

Tough for the players involved too. 

Too bad they just did not let them play it out at the finals stage.  The MIAA would need to have more venues and flexibility with time so that will likely not happen. 

No doubt the worse way to end a game in any sport (excluding pro hockey).  Even college, pro and high school football play a slighly different version of the game in a tie breaker format.  The important thing is they are still playing the game.

CC will beat Canton tonight 2-0.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUsoccer. Show RUsoccer's posts

Maybe they could get rid of offsides for the overtime

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from emasssoccer2010. Show emasssoccer2010's posts

Maybe they could get rid of offsides for the overtime
    Posted by RUsoccer

thats possibly the worst idea i've ever heard

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUsoccer. Show RUsoccer's posts

In Response to Re: MIAA Tourney Scores : thats possibly the worst idea i've ever heard
    Posted by emasssoccer2010

I know it was a joke.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Get rid of the offsides, play 1 vs 1 with no goalies. I bet somebody it bound to score. Unless Bellingham is playing Ipswich.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

GDTSports Headed to sudden death overtime in the D3 eastern mass boys soccer final between rockport and dover-sherborn

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southshoreexpert. Show southshoreexpert's posts

CC-Canton 0-0 at half

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Dover-Sherborn over Rockport 2-1.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Based on a facebook post, however I'm not entirely sure, Concord-Carlisle may have won.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southshoreexpert. Show southshoreexpert's posts

Based on a facebook post, however I'm not entirely sure, Concord-Carlisle may have won.
    Posted by AlexFilides

2-0 Canton final

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southshoreexpert. Show southshoreexpert's posts

In Response to Re: MIAA Tourney Scores : 2-0 Canton final
    Posted by southshoreexpert

Sorry, I mean CC 2-0

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clemlabine. Show Clemlabine's posts

The game was more one sided than the score indicates.  Canton went with a 4-3-3 vs CC 4-4-2.  In the first half the extra central midfielder made it hard for CC to gain control of the game.  But when CC adjusted in the second half and started to spray the ball wide and switch play, it was all over.  They had more skill, kept possession, and created a lot of chances.  Canton sagged their back 7, so they had no width whatsoever and the CC defense is too good to leave 3 men up top on their own.  The wind also factored into this one.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Just a quick recap of the Brookline/Newton N. game, know it's about 10 years late.

Very uneventful, saw most of the game on youtube. Brookline clearly more talented than Newton N. Brookline controlled play from the back throughout most of the game, Newton North's hustle won some 50-50 balls, but it was mostly Brookline's skill that won the other 50-50's.  Brookline's offense was very weak and anemic and with no real game plan. It was almost like they were trying to drop it in on the NN back hoping one of them would err, however even then there were no forwards there to challenge them. There didn't appear to be a sense of urgency with the offense until maybe in the 2OT, skipped out watching the 1st OT. Also, the few times the forwards did get the ball they were often double teamed with no little support. Basically they were trapped while in possession with the ball or it was knocked away. Midfielders didn't really help them out here. Brookline really let NN hang around enough to pull it out in PK's. On a side note, it's possible the L-S game from before took a bit out.

The first goal NN scored in regulation, looked like the Brookline defender gave up on the play after a  redirected header, NN winger got inside and that's all she wrote, keeper didn't have much of a chance.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Wow on Baptiste's game winner for New Bedford over NN. He picked that thing out of the air and one timed a bullett into the lower left corner for the game winner, with amazing force and accuracy. Terrific shot!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slowbutquick. Show slowbutquick's posts

I don't think the CC Canton game was lopsided that bend not break has been the way canton has played all year.  They have a great goalie and back line.  The midfield gives gives gives.  the 12-8 marging in shots was about how the game was, no question CC was the better team but the scored goals were one own goal and a rebound off a post.  the wind was a factor I think more to canton disadvantage because they go over the top a lot more to their forwards, while CC builds from the midfield.

That being said there is no way that CC is the top ranked team Sandwich, New Bedford, NN, Lex even Hop were better. Teams I have seen play

CC midfield was one of the better mid fields I have seen.  Nothing really special up front (Sandwich strikers were light years better as was NB)

I felt CC back line was surprising weak, the big center back, a team leader, was not very quick (although fast when going north south) and was out of position a lot (he did play hard no doubt).  That was the most shots Canton has had on goal in a month.  I think sandwichs forwards would have killed them, Sandwich had problems with Cantons quick backs.

Just my opinion, Defense and hot goalies carry weight but don't make for a pretty game.

On a side note, both teams played hard and were respectful,  A number of good professional fouls.  Nothing cheap from either team, Well reffed. 

Sections
Shortcuts