no CAL soccer love?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kipmaster24. Show Kipmaster24's posts

Re: no CAL soccer love?

You don't have to convince me, I think the CAL is one of the 3-4 best leagues this year.

Masco
    Wilmington
    North Andover
    Pentucket
    H-W

Are all capable of making some post season noise.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In Response to Re: no CAL soccer love?:
    [QUOTE]You don't have to convince me, I think the CAL is one of the 3-4 best leagues this year. Masco Wilmington North Andover Pentucket H-W Are all capable of making some post season noise.
    Posted by Kipmaster24[/QUOTE]

The CAL has been dominating the Merrimack Valley Conference for the past two seasons. I truly don't understand it, considering some of these schools in the MVC are 10x the amount of kids that most of the CAL schools have.

I'm not sure how Masco will fare against some of the better D-1 schools in the North, they've been very dominant at D-2. N. Andover won a big game against H-W today, 2-1. Wilmington lost quite a bit, but still seems to have a good team. All those teams can make a lot of noise.

Still not sure on Pentucket, they started the season very dominant, although they didn't have the toughest schedule, but have gotten blasted in two recent games against better opponents, so still not sure where the fall right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In Response to no CAL soccer love?:
    [QUOTE]why is there no love for the CAL other than Masco? there are some players who aren't even listed on the stat page with a ton of goals (one who would be leading the MIAA based on what is listed there now, and another with about 8 pk's this year), and some solid teams like HW and Pentucket...does anyone from the globe even cover the CAL?
    Posted by benlaing[/QUOTE]

A team or a group of players that are dominating by scoring "tons of goals" is a sign of a weak division. Otherwise, the Catholic Central with Card. Spellman, Bp Fenwick and Austin Prep would dominate each year. The opposite actually tends to be true, a league with the leading scorers, which don't have large goal/assist totals is a sign of a strong division.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from benlaing. Show benlaing's posts

In Response to Re: no CAL soccer love?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to no CAL soccer love? : A team or a group of players that are dominating by scoring "tons of goals" is a sign of a weak division. Otherwise, the Catholic Central with Card. Spellman, Bp Fenwick and Austin Prep would dominate each year. The opposite actually tends to be true, a league with the leading scorers, which don't have large goal/assist totals is a sign of a strong division.
    Posted by AlexFilides[/QUOTE]

well, considering the leading scorer is in the same division as masco, wilmington, and north andover, all of which you just praised, i'd say he at least deserves a mention...

btw, there are 3 divisions in the CAL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from benlaing. Show benlaing's posts

you list one of the CAL players in the players of the week mentioning he has 20 goals on the year, but there league leaders doesn't even have a CAL section? what is the problem?

Sections
Shortcuts