Re: Top 25 Boy's Soccer

and CC is currently up 1-0

shaping up to be a huge north semi-final showdown

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Palmer13. Show Palmer13's posts

Hingham over Norwell 1-0

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachsmith. Show coachsmith's posts

Medford over l/s. I guess the gbl is not that weak after all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerfollower56. Show soccerfollower56's posts

Chelsea 3 - Somerville 2 Final OT

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncbb939. Show ncbb939's posts

In Response to Re: Top 25 Boy's Soccer:
    [QUOTE]Chelsea 3 - Somerville 2 Final OT
    Posted by soccerfollower56[/QUOTE]

and down they go

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]Medford over l/s. I guess the gbl is not that weak after all.
    Posted by coachsmith[/QUOTE]

Now if they could only get rid of that other M team, the GBL would be much better. Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SocLife. Show SocLife's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 25 Boy's Soccer : Now if they could only get rid of that other M team, the GBL would be much better.
    Posted by AlexFilides[/QUOTE]

You must mean Malden!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncbb939. Show ncbb939's posts

Arguably the best game of the tournament so far coming up this Friday at Woburn when CC faces off against Winchester in a rematch of last year's D2 North Final.

The scouting report is that CC will obtain an in-depth scouting report on Winchester compiled by scouts. Winchester's scouting report is that CC will, in fact, have a scouting report.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 25 Boy's Soccer : You must mean Malden!
    Posted by SocLife[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Coach Smith knows I'm messing with him though ;Cool

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SocLife. Show SocLife's posts

I think the Lincoln vs Med game and the Masco vs Acton-Box games were very good games to watch compared to the Winch vs CC game coming up. Did any one see those games?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hssoccer10. Show hssoccer10's posts

i was at the LS vs Medford game. That was a very good game. Well played by both teams. LS had more chances and Medford's goalie made 2-3 really nice saves. Both goals were scored by #11 for Medford. Both were unbelievable goals. First goal he beat 2 or 3 kids and hit the ball to the top right corner. After that LS picked their game up and started putting some pressure on. It paid off as they picked up a penalty shot on a foul off a corner. #10 for LS buried that. LS had a couple of quality chances before the end of regulation but could not captitalize on their chances. As over time started it was visible that both teams were nervous not to make a mistake. About 6 minutes in to over time #11 picked up the ball and hit a shot that curled to the top left corner after beating 3 kids again. GREAT game. One of the best I've seen in a long time in high school play. Didn't get to see the AB vs Masco game but just based on entertainment and not a whole lot of defense the Somerville Chelsea game was a great game as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TvlSoccer. Show TvlSoccer's posts

Results starting to pour in from the games today - some of the biggest games of the tournament in my opinion.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvlfan01. Show tvlfan01's posts

TVL shining.  Hopkinton into D2 South final and DS up 4-0 late in second to go to D3 south final

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockfan2. Show hockfan2's posts

gnbv wins 3 to 2 ot over needham. gnbv got a red card in the 60th minute 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncbb939. Show ncbb939's posts

did anyone see the CC - winchester game?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from suns9192. Show suns9192's posts

A good first year for Masco's new coach.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

I guess Concord-Carlisle proved me wrong, didn't think they would be able to do it! Amazing they could lose so much and still topple Winchester and Sandwich.

A lot of the results have humbled me, Billerica and Masco with great runs. And of course Greater New Bedford. Chelsea knocking off Framingham. I don't think anyone could've predicted what happened, this is one for the ages.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clemlabine. Show Clemlabine's posts

There have been a zillion 1 goal games.....in many cases, a razor's edge has separated a second round elimination from a possible champion. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from miked070707. Show miked070707's posts

Concord-Carlisle's program is super impressive.  I wish they played in D1.  Theres no doubt in mind they can play with the best I just wish they did.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from D1017. Show D1017's posts

I agree, Alex.  For Concord-Carlisle to return only 2 starters and make it to their 3rd straight state championship game is nothing short of impressive. 

Whether the wins are by 1 goal or 5 goals is inconsequential - it's the final result that matters and that's what will be remembered. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccer101. Show soccer101's posts

[QUOTE]TVL shining.  Hopkinton into D2 South final and DS up 4-0 late in second to go to D3 south final
    Posted by tvlfan01[/QUOTE]

Hopkinton lost to Sandwich in the D2 South final, which is not a bad loss. However, Dover-Sherborn lost to Cardinal Spellman in the D3 final, lol? How does that happen for the mighty TVL? That's a disgraceful loss for the Raiders and the TVL. Guess the TVL is not what we think it is.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clemlabine. Show Clemlabine's posts

Nice final in D2.......GD wins.  CC was very good, but GD was big and fast and good.  GD had the wind and the better of the first half, but it was scoreless at the break.  CC got the wind and then they had the slightly better chances.  But it was GD that got the big goal on a shot just inside the post with 18 minutes left.  They added one with 2:00 left.  Both team's back line played great, but GD seemed to play defense with a physicality and intensity that CC didn't quite match.  GD seemed to be the better team--at least tonight, and a very worthy champ.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccer101. Show soccer101's posts

[QUOTE]I guess Concord-Carlisle proved me wrong, didn't think they would be able to do it! Amazing they could lose so much and still topple Winchester and Sandwich. A lot of the results have humbled me, Billerica and Masco with great runs. And of course Greater New Bedford. Chelsea knocking off Framingham. I don't think anyone could've predicted what happened, this is one for the ages.
    Posted by AlexFilides[/QUOTE]

I guess this just proves that you can't predict games from 17,000 miles away and not seeing ANY teams this year, LOL. Teams change from year to year and every team dosen't win every year.

What is beyond me is how the great Tri-Valley League and Bay State League had ZERO sectional champions. I guess there is pretty good soccer played outside of those leagues. DCL had only one champion? I guess soccer in the North is played just as good as those leagues do, LOL.

Alex Fiddler on the Roof was not soo good in his predictions, which means you might have to see a few teams before making predicitons based on what happened last year. I can't wait to see his final Top 25, LOL.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

I know you were half kidding, but in all honesty, I'm not sure anyone did very well on their predictions. I don't think it was so much about the player's in the CC/Winchester and CC/Sandwich games, it was more about the coaching.

Every season it has gotten harder and harder to make predictions. And to tell you the truth, if they reran the entire tournament, there would be very few predictions I would change.

The playing field is a lot more level when it comes to talent. Therefore, it's more about the coaching, injuries, rested teams, which teams are peeking and of course there is a luck element.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 25 Boy's Soccer : I guess this just proves that you can't predict games from 17,000 miles away and not seeing ANY teams this year, LOL. Teams change from year to year and every team dosen't win every year. What is beyond me is how the great Tri-Valley League and Bay State League had ZERO sectional champions. I guess there is pretty good soccer played outside of those leagues. DCL had only one champion? I guess soccer in the North is played just as good as those leagues do, LOL. Alex Fiddler on the Roof was not soo good in his predictions, which means you might have to see a few teams before making predicitons based on what happened last year. I can't wait to see his final Top 25, LOL.
    Posted by soccer101[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts