Watertown/Melrose Erika Kelly

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flyerhockeyman. Show flyerhockeyman's posts

Watertown/Melrose Erika Kelly

Congrats to all the league champs.
    How does a girl lead the state in scoring and not be one of the five state all stars go figure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from penaltybox. Show penaltybox's posts

Re: Watertown/Melrose Erika Kelly

In Response to Watertown/Melrose Erika Kelly:
    [QUOTE]Congrats to all the league champs. How does a girl lead the state in scoring and not be one of the five state all stars go figure.
    Posted by flyerhockeyman[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.  She is without a doubt the most talented womens high school player in the state.  She never got the press she deserved.  I would put her up against any of those players all day long.. no offense to the others.  She is a great athlete and I am sure after 3 state titles.. she will have great sucess with her field hockey career.
    Good luck

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Did not follow her game by game, but how did she do in games against the upper tier teams?  It is easy to pile up goals against some of the weak teams and I know I cringe when I see scores where a player tallies 5 goals in a 10 -0 blowout.  End of the year those goals all look the same on the tally sheet.  If too much of her scoring came in games like that, then (assuming those voting even knew) that could hurt.  How is her reputation on defending?  Most of the girls I saw on that list have two ways skills.  Again, playing on a less regarded team means fewer eyeballs to witness firsthand how she plays, and less support than for players the voters saw themselves.

IF the voting was purely on stats, then you have a great arguement.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from penaltybox. Show penaltybox's posts

In Response to Re: Watertown/Melrose Erika Kelly:
    [QUOTE]Did not follow her game by game, but how did she do in games against the upper tier teams?  It is easy to pile up goals against some of the weak teams and I know I cringe when I see scores where a player tallies 5 goals in a 10 -0 blowout.  End of the year those goals all look the same on the tally sheet.  If too much of her scoring came in games like that, then (assuming those voting even knew) that could hurt.  How is her reputation on defending?  Most of the girls I saw on that list have two ways skills.  Again, playing on a less regarded team means fewer eyeballs to witness firsthand how she plays, and less support than for players the voters saw themselves. IF the voting was purely on stats, then you have a great arguement.
    Posted by PetefromNorthofBoston[/QUOTE]

Really... She had Nine Hat Tricks this season.  She scored on everyone whether it was Belmont, Winthrop, St. Mary's, etc..  Also had to play defense due to a shortage of players.  Played 2 state tournament playoff games this year.... 9 goals, buddy.. including a Hat Trick against St. Mary's...  It is BS pure and simple.

Sections
Shortcuts