ACL not so weak afterall

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from indianhoop. Show indianhoop's posts

ACL not so weak afterall

LOL...I see I've created someone's name here, high praise to be sure. Hats off to both Nauset and Quincy today. I'm more shocked by the Sharon/Quincy score actually, I saw Quincy against SE Voke and was less than impressed with the Presidents.

As for Nauset, a very gritty bunch. You will miss Nicholson a LOT next year though...he really makes the team go and was the major difference both tonight and especially in the Dartmouth game.

The ACL is really not that strong top to bottom, the teams at the bottom were pretty weak: Marshfield, Plymouth South, North Quincy, Sandwich etc.

Falmouth had O'Donnell, a very good player, but after Tice, not much and when they played a good team like Taunton they were exposed. Losing to Wellesley tonight showed that.

W-H played absolutely nobody and lost to a 6-14 New Bedford team, they were a solid team but hardly a sectional tournament winning team.

Quincy I really can't figure out, great coach, beat a struggling Silver Lake in the 1st round, tonight's win is a great win but I can't picture them hanging with CM.

As for your Warriors, who knows? No one and I mean no one (your coach included) had them beating either Dartmouth or OA but O'Bryant (more than likely) better be careful or they'll be asking the same questions OA and Dartmouth are now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from indianhoop. Show indianhoop's posts

ACL not so weak afterall

I never said the OCL was a great league this year...it was a very balanced league, but on the whole it was a tougher league to play in than the ACL if only for the fact that there are only 5 teams in it. B-R was hardly "lousy" this year by the way...they beat Taunton, Beverly (in the final 4 in D2 North) and Dartmouth twice and finished 12-8 before flaming out due to ineligibility issues etc.

Nauset is historically a great program, Leo Miller did a great job establishing a great program there and to Nauset's credit this year scheduled tough non-league games (Latin Academy, Lynn English etc.) which is paying dividends now but to say that the ACL was a strong league this year is pushing it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from indianhoop. Show indianhoop's posts

ACL not so weak afterall

I have given nothing but praise to Nauset here tonight...they've obviously earned it. It doesn't take away the fact that the ACL (on the whole) is not a very strong D2 league. Is it a terrible league? No, but it is hardly a league that top to bottom you fear playing night in, night out.

There are many more "nights off" in the ACL than there are in the Hock or the OCL...does that make the teams at the top of the ACL "bad" no? But I'd much rather year in/year out play at D-Y for instance than at Attleboro or at Stoughton.

Nauset (unlike W-H, Falmouth etc) off-set this by playing tough teams outside of the ACL (Lynn English,Boston Latin Academy etc) this year and obviously it is now paying off.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from indianhoop. Show indianhoop's posts

ACL not so weak afterall

I've tried to be nice....but Falmouth is already out as both Quincy who will be absolutely smoked by CM and Nauset (great run so far) will be when they face O'Bryant.

The ACL is a nice league but it doesn't produce GREAT teams.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ryerye. Show ryerye's posts

ACL not so weak afterall

i was at the Falmouth Wellesley game, it was an OT grinder. FHS shouldhave won, but they gave it away at the line. One kid for WHS was like5-for-6 from three land, which is something when they only had 49points in total. The kid who hit the winning basket with seven secondsleft took like three steps on the way, but he did drain a niceoff-balanced runner for the win. O'Donnell had a good look with threeticks left, but hit back iron. It was a great game, good luck toWellesley, they played their hearts out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aias. Show aias's posts

ACL not so weak afterall

yeah as much as I love seeing quincy win, I look and see Catholic Memorial coming up next and I figure CM by 20. That school just seems to breed great teams. Now nauset over O'bryant wouldn't surprise me much.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjsull. Show sjsull's posts

ACL not so weak afterall

The acl had Quincy , WH, Falmouth, Nauset and Dennis Yarmouth in the tournament . Nauset beat them all accept Quincy and the was the worst officiated game I have seen in 10 years. By beating Olive Ames Nauset had victories over the 1,2,and 3 seed. Quincy will go down big against CM and the same could happen to Nauset but they have the best chance between the two ACL teams left in the tournament. Nauset is young but the loss of Nicholson next year will be devastating. He leads in scoring, assists, steals, free throw % , minutes played and he may even be the #2 rebounder behind Seymour. U mass Dartmouth is getting a good one in Nicholson. I f O bryant has a guard that can play with Nicholson than the will win by 10 to 20 but if Nicholson can dominate as he has in the first two games then Nauset should win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjsull. Show sjsull's posts

ACL not so weak afterall

the quincey v nauset game was ruined by the officials. nauset had 4 starters in foul trouble at half time.
    you really need to throw that game out. quincey shot 48 free throws to nauset 14. quincey may be the better team but that game is not the one to go by.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjsull. Show sjsull's posts

ACL not so weak afterall

by the way o bryant lost tonight

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjsull. Show sjsull's posts

ACL not so weak afterall

Go quincy beat cm and lets see an all acl final with a quincy, nauset rematch with real officiating.

Sections
Shortcuts