Best HS Hockey Player in MASS 1990-2007?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparko82. Show sparko82's posts

Keith Tyachuk -MC played for BU and 3 or 4 Olympic teams allstar almost every year in the NHL.

I also hear from everyone who played against him that T.C. Harris was the best player period. Never went anywhere because of off ice problems.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

Jon lamken from Wareham Mass was the bset player in the last twenty years he still holds the state scoring record and was named to the all- new england team 3 years in a row!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonathanr5565. Show jonathanr5565's posts

Nick Grew. idk if you know him but he played for dy in 2000 after coming back from some boarding school in Lake Placid that is nasty. He just walked around everyone, had 44 goals and like 14 assists in one year. His brother went to the same boarding school andd went and played to Uconn after that. (Matt Grew)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chewbiedoo. Show chewbiedoo's posts

Best high school player I've ever seen had to be Sean Collins of Reading...he was about as good as they get in public high schools since the explosion of junior hockey and major prep school programs. How many players lead their league in scoring their freshman season in high school?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from arta35g. Show arta35g's posts

Brian Noonan fron Archies - Stanley Cup winner

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamietarheels. Show jamietarheels's posts

Ryan Moore he is the national and state scoring leader for highschool hockey he must be put on the list....He played for Blue Hills

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ryan1578. Show ryan1578's posts

kevin welch...bc high '96- his teamate matt carney was good too

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cc55. Show cc55's posts

I thought it was 90-2007? Dukey played in 1970-73!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cc55. Show cc55's posts

also Walsh is the only Mass player voted MVP in the WCHA

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

Chris Dyment????? Are you ok??? He wasn't even the best player on his own team let alone the state. There are very few public school players that you can even place in the mix. They play subpar talent and their point totals are inflated.

TC Harris???You people are funny with TC Harris talk....he wasn't even the best player on his team!...Niko by far was Matignon's best player during that time period. Harris didn't amount to anything because he wasn't that good. He could live up to the hype that was unfairly placed on him....he was 5ft nothing 100 and nothing. He should be in the catergory of MOST OVERRATED!

During that time in the CCL One of the best little players around was Chris Capraro (Austin Prep) out of Medford 108 Goals 151 Assists. 259 points in one of the best conferences in the state. Save me all this talk about the Middlesex league, teams from Wareham, GBL, and all the other public schoold leagues. It's like the minor leagues.

Shawn Bates was the best public school player in recent memory....took Medford to the Super 8 Final (still the only public school team to reach the finals) by himself.

Please don't fool yourself with all this BS talk about players from the Bay State League, Perkins School for the blind etc....Look to the Catholic Conference, Catholic Central and the Prep Privates.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

this question has nothing to do with the NHL#1. No#2 get your facts straight- CCap played every level of hockey with Sean. They played on the same lines together year in and year out...He outperformed him in high school hands down, played FAR SUPERIOR talent and carried his team on his back for 5 seasons.He played on the varsity as a 12-13 year old 8th grader and set every record at a REAL HOCKEY SCHOOL. He averaged 50 points a season for 5 years! 50 points in 20-25 game seasons?? Reading is a good team in a #### league. What happens every time Reading plays a team outside the Middlesex league??? If we are comparing Collins to CCap neither will probably play in an NHL game but that still has nothing to do with the question-

The subject is: Best HS Hockey Player in MASS 1990-2007?.

As for the Bates v Pandolfo comparison in high scholl it's not even CLOSE! That's why Bates was drafted out of high school and Pandolfo didn't go until after his first year at BU.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

More productive??? 259 Points in High School? All Time Points leader in Austin Prep history?? 2 time All Scholastic. CCL MVP 2 years in a row....Division 1 MVP, and HNIB New England Public-Catholic Player of the Year in 2002 ????

Let me guess he was no Pandolfo in high school. He wasn't busy putting up points against Wakefield, Watertown and Lexington he couldn't hang at that level!

Oh yeah I know your the "expert"......Oh yeah what is he doing right now? Just leading the team in points at Umass even though he missed 6 games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirtybirds. Show dirtybirds's posts

Hey Worldwidetixx

I'm sure you think Chris Capraro is better than Shawn Bates as well since you are a little biased based on the fact that chris is your brother

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

no but nice try there dirtytird! Bates is a far superior player. If Chris wasn't 5'7 then maybe we could have a conversation

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirtybirds. Show dirtybirds's posts

Okay Eddie

Hows the ticket business going?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

it's not Eddie.....he's living large in manhattan now working for Kone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

Once again CC-It should be C'ing eye dog because the question was HIGH SCHOOL! He has still been a stud for Umass for 4 years and was their best forward as a freshman. But that wasn't the question!

But for the record!!He tore it up all the way thru the playoffs and scored the game winner to knock of UMO in the qfinals!

He Haw He Haw~

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

MC 3 CM 1 after 2 periods.....Can MC pull off the upset.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonlexington. Show bostonlexington's posts

Steven Leach, Matignon and Boston and Washington.

Tom Borrasso, Buffalo. End of discussion. Period. Get a clue you local yocals.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

Lets dip back to the 40's and 50's old man.......maybe we should talk about Rob Ftorek's 7 Points in the State Finals. It's obvious you have some issues with the kid Capraro and they are unjustified. Maybe he beat out your son in youth hockey........maybe he toe dragged the puck thru your wheelchair at stick practice but you defintely have some issues!! He has folded from personal issues??? Really he is still on a full scholarship, playing first line, leading the team in points and will graduate with his BS and credits towards his masters. This question started off as the best HIGH SCHOOL player in MA in the 90-2007.

Now you jump into the 1970's Burlington team??????????????? 1978 Midget Teams......What's the matter is the shuffle board rink closed for renovations???You now question the CM teams????The Knights, who have won 16 of the last 20 state championships....I should end the discussion right there...

Their JV teams would beat the Billericas and Burlingtons of the hockey world......you want to compare programs to one of the top hockey programs in the country????? Let's just start with a few (in no particular order) .....Chris Nilan, Montreal Canadiens, Jim Cary (Wisconsin) National Champs & Caps,B's Vezenia Trophy.....Ted Donato.....maybe you remember him he is the coach of Harvard played for the Bruins and Harvard, Kenny Smith-(Harvard) and Oilers, Mike Pedergast (Boston University), Jim Fahey (Northeastern) & San Jose Sharks, Donny Growver (Northeastern), Zaniboni (Northen Michigan), Chris O'Sullvan (Boston University) National Champs + 3 NHL Teams, Paul Stanton (Wisconsin) Pittsburgh......the list goes on and on. I didn't go to the school so I'm not up on there D1 Alumni's

And now you bring up Billerica beating MC?? Were you at the game? MC outshot them 44-19 and couldn't put the puck in the ocean! They lost 4-1 in the opener and it was the best thing that could of happened to them. They have since revenged that loss with a loud and clear message with a 6-1 PASTIING. last week.......They have now just puffed CM 4-3!! Who's the last High School team to not lose to CM in the regular season????

Bore you..what else would you be doing? Changing your depends and comparing Chris Capraro to Ray Finkle??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

I should also throw out some Division One players -(some were drafted as well) from other Catholic Powers- Early 90's Matignon- Lupo (Chicago-IL & Northeastern), Marc Salsman (ULowell), Doug Wood (Boston University), Mike Santonelli (Northeastern)Niko Dimatrakos(UMO) + Sharks & Flyers, SJP Jamie Thompson (UMO), ........The list goes on and on and on and on.......................................................

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

Blake was a great player and deserves to be mentioned!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from emarsh10. Show emarsh10's posts

Going back in history a bit here but the best HS player I ever saw (and played against) was Doug Brown when he was at St. Marks back in the 80's (Scott Young, also from St. Mark's comes in second). I don't know this for a fact but I would bet that these two have had the longest NHL careers of any area players. Amonte\Roenick\Tchachuk may have had a few years in the NHL where they were statistically better but for prolonged excellence I would go with the St. Mark's duo.

Sections
Shortcuts