Div. 2 State Tournament

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skavolution. Show skavolution's posts

Div. 2 State Tournament

north reading only has one loss lately... franklin only has one loss ALL year

franklin has been on fire lately, definitely going to be dangerous in the tournament

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from observer07. Show observer07's posts

Div. 2 State Tournament

Bracket has Franklin with only one loss and no ties. I thought they tied MV? Why would that tie not be listed in their record for seedings?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from observer07. Show observer07's posts

Div. 2 State Tournament

Franklin did not report their tie to MV. While MV reported it as a tie. Franklin is top seed?

Bracket Notes:
    1. Franklin (19-1-0) .950
    2. Hanover (20-1-1) .932
    3. Coyle Cassidy (17-2-1) .875
    4. Canton (14-3-1) .806
    5. King Philip (13-5-2) .700
    6. Martha's Vineyard (11-4-5) .675
    7. Oliver Ames (12-7-1) .625
    8. Quincy (10-6-4) .600
    9. North Quincy (10-7-3) .575
    10. Sandwich (10-7-3) .575
    11. Mansfield (10-8-2) .550

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aias. Show aias's posts

Div. 2 State Tournament

Coyle Cassidy should be taken seriously they beat duxbury 1-0, the team that handed Hanover their only loss.

Franklin gets away with one by not reporting their tie it means that they get to watch while either CC or Hanover goes home early.

Also who beat coyle besides BC 5-0 early in the season?

marthas vineyard tied franklyn 1-1 in dec then lost to hanover 5-0 on feb 2.

Also plymouth south 3-2 over franklyn then loses to coyle 9-1 the next game, however that was back in december.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aias. Show aias's posts

Div. 2 State Tournament

the top 5 seeds get first round byes franklin, hanover, coyle, canton and kp

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coylehockey07. Show coylehockey07's posts

Div. 2 State Tournament

Coyle lost the last game of the season to Braintree in the finals of the south of boston shootout in bridgewater. It was coyles 4th game in 5 days and they were noticably tired and looking ahead. They are a very good team. I think its betweem then and franklin in the south. Coyle has beaten franklin the last couple of years and i think they continue to do so

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coylehockey07. Show coylehockey07's posts

Div. 2 State Tournament

People are not over looking Hanover it just seems as if coyle franklin are more talented. Franklin plays over 20 games so they chose to exempt the mv game before the season even started hanover could have dont the same but chose not to. Franklin did nothing wrong and just happened to get lucky in choosing the right game to exempt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from observer07. Show observer07's posts

Div. 2 State Tournament

Per Globe Coyle is favorite to win it all!

Franklin & Gloucester may give them a game but all the other teams are just there for a little fun along the way. Coyle was even considered for the Super 8, they are amazing!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skavolution. Show skavolution's posts

Div. 2 State Tournament

if franklin gets by their first matchup against one of the quincy teams, then they SHOULD be able to get to the D2 south championship game somewhat easily.

i only say that because after their first round (if they win) they will be facing either KP or Canton, both teams that franklin beat twice durring the regular Hockomock season. There is a chance for an upset here since Franklin and KP are rivals due to their football games, and Franklin/Canton is a huge rivalry in hockey games.

i cant comment on hanover or coyle, i know coyle is always good and often gives franklin a hard time (i cant recall if franklin beat them in the tournament in 03 when they played saugus for D2 championship).

if the right teams win, the D2 south championship game should be exciting game for sure

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aias. Show aias's posts

Div. 2 State Tournament

absolutely I agree, the quincys are very capable of pulling off the upset of franklin, yet I dont see anybody upsetting either coyle or hanover

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coylehockey07. Show coylehockey07's posts

Div. 2 State Tournament

I know im a bit biased but what has been suspect about coyles goaltending this year. Tim Carey as a first year varisty starter as a sophmore i think has been really impressive. He has shut out duxbury and kept his team in many games that they would not have won without him. He has a good gaa. The only think i can think of against him is his lack of experience in the tournament. I think the d makes up for that many of the dman have been in tourney games the last 2-3 years some even 4. Coyle has also been in huge games will Hanover is virtually untested in huge games, and their schedule is pretty weak. If coyle plays Hanover i think coyle wins 5-2. Franklin will b the biggest test for coyle but i think they pull that one out. Coyle will be back at the garden this year and possibly next with the loss of only 3 forwars 1 first line 1 second and 1 3rd and only one defenseman. Although it is way to early to consider this

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skavolution. Show skavolution's posts

Div. 2 State Tournament

theres something to be said for Franklin's tie against the vineyard coming in the first game of the season and hanover's win coming much much later when theres more time to get playing better

im not saying anything bad about hanover, i dont have much to say about them at all because i dont know that much about their schedule and whatnot.

i will say that Franklin's league has 4 of the teams in this bracket in it. so its not as weak as it has been, and they have beaten all of them somewhat easily durring the season. their goaltender is playing amazing hockey and they have a coaching staff and older players who know all about the tournament. not saying they are better than anyone because im not in a position to do so. but they are most certainly a team to take seriously

i see definite potential for upsets in early rounds, and if not, the later rounds should be great hockey. I just wish i could find out what times the games are going to be in bourne so i can see if i can make the franklin/quincy game even tho im going to the Bs game that night

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballboy6. Show baseballboy6's posts

Div. 2 State Tournament

I think Gloucester has a chance at a repeat with Schiite in net. They 2 very solid lines. In my mind they are definitely a contender for D. 2. They definitely havent played to their potential yet, but in the tournement they could step it up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aias. Show aias's posts

Div. 2 State Tournament

DAMMIT my presidents lost, good luck to the red raiders....beat franklin

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballboy6. Show baseballboy6's posts

Div. 2 State Tournament

4-1 Gloucester over Danvers...very solid game by gloucester. Schlichter played a very strong game in net...Theyre lookin good

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrsoccer. Show nrsoccer's posts

Div. 2 State Tournament

Four Cape Ann League teams in the quarterfinals in the North. Unfortunately, they play each other. Lynnfield, which knocked off number 1 Revere plays #9 Newburyport, while #10 North Reading, which knocked off #7 Triton (another Cape Ann League school) plays #2 Masco. Watch out for North Reading, 9-1-2 in its last 12 games.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skavolution. Show skavolution's posts

Div. 2 State Tournament

big rivalry game coming up

franklin VS canton

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ryder101. Show ryder101's posts

Div. 2 State Tournament

Does any one know the score of the Gloucester Vs. Peabody game today?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballboy6. Show baseballboy6's posts

Div. 2 State Tournament

Gloucester 5-3... Great game by Schlicte.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ryder101. Show ryder101's posts

Div. 2 State Tournament

Aight good, next victom..Lynnfeild

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballboy6. Show baseballboy6's posts

Div. 2 State Tournament

ya they are playin real good hockey...I thought Peabody was gonna be a tough test but they prevailed. lynnfield i dont think should be as tough...keep your fingers crossed

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ryder101. Show ryder101's posts

Div. 2 State Tournament

yea im going to, with out borouiski i thought they wouldnt pull through but now they look even better

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrsoccer. Show nrsoccer's posts

Div. 2 State Tournament

North Reading goes down to Masco 5-3 in a hard fought game. As a Cape Ann League watcher, watch out for Lynnfield as they are extremely hot right now, knocking off the #1 seed Revere and beating Newburyport today. I think an Andover - Gloucester North finals is in the cards.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballboy6. Show baseballboy6's posts

Div. 2 State Tournament

Gloucester is on just as much of a role as Lynnfield knocking off Peabody and Danvers without their top scorer. I agree with you Gloucester vs. Andover. Revere was an overrated team. In Gloucesters second meeting with them Gloucester killed them, I believe the score was 6-2. If Gloucester plays anything like they did against Peabody or Danvers they will be playing next Sunday.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aias. Show aias's posts

Div. 2 State Tournament

guess what? hanover will still have to beat coyle before they get a shot at franklin

Sections
Shortcuts