Division 2 Bball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejg904. Show thejg904's posts

Division 2 Bball

well sullivan i guess its like us(ipswich)

u guys do have mcmanus who is ridiculous and bourdreau whos damn good and u do lose some good players and have weak soph and fresh classes. same with us, we lose phaneuf, layman, harrington and all the rest. we do have king, myles layman, gianakakis, and some good soph and freshman comin up.

for both us and n.a. this is the year, good luck to guys, make the cal look good

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yunggunz89. Show yunggunz89's posts

Division 2 Bball

ok, but we only lost to c-town by a combined 9 pts in both games, and incase u haven't figured it out yet, city teams are the best teams in the state....BC High, incase u forgot is a city team, they might be on th edge of it, but they're still a ciy team, and u already know about MP

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from uc2002. Show uc2002's posts

Division 2 Bball

Similar to the Tewksbury and Wouburn games, North Andover will be up against it when it comes to the post game vs Belmont. You can't teach 6-9. The bigs for NAHS have to bring it. Coach McVeigh will need to be creative with double teams, cause turnovers, and his post players have to box out, allowing the smaller players to rebound.

McManus needs to have a huge game with Boudreau out with the tailbone injury. He is their do it all guy. He can score 15 or grab 15 boards. I hope I'm wrong but without him, I'm afraid Lowell is as far as the Knights may get.

I also think NA will have a damn good team next year. McManus, Boudreau, and company all return. Their jv's were quick, athletic, and ran the system (esp the press) as well as the varsity against their counterparts. There will not be a huge step back next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from guesmem. Show guesmem's posts

Division 2 Bball

North Andover coach is bush, calling 3 timeouts against LA with under two minutes left...and only substituting on the last one, with a double digit lead.

Hope Belmont smokes them...totally classless move. Many in the stands (including NA fans) were just shaking their collective heads....

But as I said in another thread the North Andover fans were the best behaved I've seen the past two weeks, and I went to a game every night last week then the LA/NA game on Tuesday.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from uc2002. Show uc2002's posts

Division 2 Bball

Hope Belmont smokes them...totally classless move. Many in the stands (including NA fans) were just shaking their collective heads....>>You may not like it but all coaches are teachers first and foremost. He wasn't running the score up or anything. He was teaching his kids. This is, for all intents and purposes, a young team. There are a lot of juniors and even a few sophs on this team. None of the seniors have been this far. He called the timeouts to teach his kids something, not to rub anything in. I'm sure the LA coach understood that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from uc2002. Show uc2002's posts

Division 2 Bball

Thank you for the indepth analysis Pillows. That ranks right up there with "they will win because I said so!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bryman165. Show bryman165's posts

Division 2 Bball

actually it was by 3 and 13 but nice try

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from uc2002. Show uc2002's posts

Division 2 Bball

The transative property does not apply to sports.

Team A beat Team B.
    Team B beat Team C.
    But Team A doesn't always beat team C.

It is about match ups, how you are playing at that time, coaching, living up to the moment, emotion, adrenaline (sp)...there is so much more to it than we beat TeamX by 5 more than you did so we will win this game.

Let's list more variables...

These are high school kids playing in one of the biggest games of their lives.

They are human, a ton of things could set them off. They could be stiff,, they could be having a bad day, their girlfriend could have broken up with them, they could have flunked a test on Friday...

They are playing in a 7,000 seat neutral site arena, not their own gym.

They are playing unfamiliar foes.

The list goes on.

IMO Belmont wins because NA isn't big enough and one of their best players is out. However, NA has the heart and determination to pull this one out and I expect it to be enough to at least keep it close. If McManus gets hot from the outside and NAHS is able to pull the bigs of Belmont away from the hoop and run some of thier four-high sets, they have a puncher's chance. I just know I'd feel a lot better if Boudreau were playing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tooms21. Show tooms21's posts

Division 2 Bball

north andover should be disqualified just because that kid actually used the transitive property in a sentance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from uc2002. Show uc2002's posts

Division 2 Bball

Oooh! Name calling and swears! The maturity level of this dicussion has gone through the roof.

I give rational reasons why I think Belmont will win and it is the people supporting Belmont who get upset. I'm not sure why that is. Perhaps that Belmont education isn't all it is cracked up to be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bryman165. Show bryman165's posts

Division 2 Bball

the most poorly officiated game i have ever seen

Sections
Shortcuts