Final winter Top 20s

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Final winter Top 20s

The Boston Globe's final Top 20s for the winter season have been released. Jump over to the Boston.com High School Sports page to check out where your favorite team ended up in both boys' and girls' basketball and boys' and girls' hockey.

Now we want to hear your opinion. Who was ranked too high? Who didn't get enough respect? Sound off on the final Top 20s of the season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcba321. Show dcba321's posts

Final winter Top 20s

great job with the rankings. i like to see respect where it is due.

barnstable would have beaten 90% of the division 1 teams no problem. as for the other d2 teams,they were darn competitive and dont get enough attention bc they are d2, which means nothing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcba321. Show dcba321's posts

Final winter Top 20s

they beat milton twice, falmouth, wilmington, franklin, hingham, and canton. you are simply judging based on division, which is decided based on age of the program, which,again, means nothing. i am not taking away from the teams you mentioned but you can't knock barnstable just because of the schedule they are given.

they won the championship. and if the only way a team is going to get respect is by winning a championship, which is what you are disagreeing with, then i suggest your team win a championship. i dont know who comes up with the rankings, probably some fat guy eating potatoe chips, sitting at his computer who knows nothing about girls hockey, so dont read too much into the rankings at the boston globe, or rankings anywhere for that matter. just respect a team when they deserve to be respected.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crushed. Show crushed's posts

Final winter Top 20s

Hey Otis, The Wilmington Girls had the semi's stolen by poor officiating. The boards were ablaze in the aftermath. They'd beat Barnstable 9 out of 10 anyday. The not so unbiased MIAA placed the neutral sight at the "Gallo" on the Cape two days after the quarters. Hey why don't you all come up to Ristuccia and get a feel for a real home town advantage on a neutral site after 1 day rest. Wilmington dominated for two periods and you could only score when Wilmington was short handed, on two phantom calls, and an eighth grader kept #13 in check all game. That team will never forget. See you next year ... if you make it that far.

GMan, Wilmington played Andover and won 3-2 and lost to Lexington 4-1, but then Lexington beat Reading and tied Woburn and St. Mary's and made it to the quarters in D1. Point is that some D2's can play with D1's and vice versa. No matter what the schedule.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcba321. Show dcba321's posts

Final winter Top 20s

crushed

such bitterness over the wilmington loss. you must be from there

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crushed. Show crushed's posts

Final winter Top 20s

GMan,

First, my mistake on the Lex/SMH game. Yes what you say is true, Teams need to step up in their programs to help them grow through better competition. All teams, except for the catholics and privates, cycle through talent and go for stretches in years where the talent just isn't there to support the program. Woburn has been the exception.The more girls hockey I see the more I believe that there should be a Super 8 division for girls. Even when towns combine, which many now do, town teams suffer with the loss of homegrown players. Boys hockey has suffered this for years and you will see the girls in the same position at an even faster pace because of the advancement of D1 hockey at the college level. Soon the ISL's and Catholics will continue to dominate the D1 division. The Wilmington program is in a new league next year with Arlington, Andover, Billerica, Chelmsford. Interesting because you are now mixing D1's and D2's in the same league. I agree that the Herald does do a better job at covering the high school girls hockey coverage throughout the season. Whereas the Globe doesn't really get into it until the season is almost over and it then relys on outside information as their primary source.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcba321. Show dcba321's posts

Final winter Top 20s

point taken..

barnstable could have easily competed with those teams this year though. they would have fit it nicely. next year is a different story though. they have lost some key players to graduation now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcba321. Show dcba321's posts

Final winter Top 20s

3 seniors: scarpato, kirwin, and natalie cohen (goalie). huge losses. they have all been with the team throughout its first 4 years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchrob91. Show bchrob91's posts

Final winter Top 20s

rock3327- I know, don't you hate it how the Globe is so biased towards BC High, I mean ranking them high in their polls and then those highly ranked teams going on to win it all. That is so unfair. I mean what's next, they'll go on to write how their graduates go on to some of the best colleges and universities in the country and become some of the most successful and influential people in the country. Don't you just hate those f.ags.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brimcshane. Show brimcshane's posts

Final winter Top 20s

where's the top 20 for wrestling?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchrob91. Show bchrob91's posts

Final winter Top 20s

Rock

No you did not say anything derogatory, just the usual conspiracy theories that everyone spouts off about certain Private/Catholic schools. How about acknowledging that it is a great school, with excellent academics and sports programs that are only getting better. They deserve any praise that they get from so called biased media outlets.

If the high school you go to has no affect on the person you become then I would say that the school is not doing its job. I know that my time at BC High had a tremendous positive influence on who I became, second only to what I learned at home.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportslover. Show sportslover's posts

Final winter Top 20s

bchro91

Obviously Rock has "rocks" in his head

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aias. Show aias's posts

Final winter Top 20s

Hanover is not a top 10 team, however they are better then a "throw them a bone" #19.

USHSHO has Hanover 12th. However that list is questionable since they had CM #1.

The globe list reveals their north shore bias by putting 11-7 medford, 14-7 arlington, and 11-8 Xaverian ahead of hanover. Yeah I know that they all played a tougher schedule, however 7-8 losses and tournament failure vs. 1 loss and tournament success is a big deal. The globes biggest mistake however is putting barnstable that got smoked by Coyle 5-1 in front of hanover.

If hanover played a div 1 schedule they would have qualified for the tourney and they probably would have made it to the sectional semis.

I would put hanover behind the super 8, duxbury, woburn, waltham, and maybe framingham.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchrob91. Show bchrob91's posts

Final winter Top 20s

MJK

I agree with you that SJP is a very good school, if it wasn't it would not have been one of my safety schools (along with X, CM and Archies) when I applied to BCH.

Sections
Shortcuts