Good riddance Lobel

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ogieoglethorpe. Show ogieoglethorpe's posts

Good riddance Lobel

Years ago Lobel came into a golf shop where a friend of mine was working.� He came in through a back door employee entrance, apparently concerned that he would be mobbed by his adoring fans. My friend went over to see what the hell he was doing, Lobel looked at him and deadpanned "do you know who i am?"He was one of the most condescending, arrogant sports media personalities i have seen. Good riddance indeed, and for the love of God, may Shaugnessy be next!!� Let's rid ourselves of the dinosaurs and go with the new blood. This aint, 67, 78 or 86.� This is the decade where we win championships and we don't need any relics from another era.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from matmgr1. Show matmgr1's posts

Good riddance Lobel

Really did not care for him when he worked at BZ.� Thought he was very opinionated and boorish.� However I did meet him one time when we resided in the same town as him and his wife (now ex)�. Was very down to earth and genuinely nice.� Completely different than what he appears on TV and radio.� Since that time my opinion of the man had changed.� I wish him good luck in the future.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from matmgr1. Show matmgr1's posts

Good riddance Lobel

That is correct.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jayfin. Show Jayfin's posts

Good riddance Lobel

Wow, this is great. I never knew others felt the same way� -- he was always unprepared, seemingly liquored up, and disorgnized. I love the Jackie McMullan piece.� Boston sportswriters are like the Academy, they have to praise each other -- it was a laugh out oud moment with Lobel saying he passed up a chance to go to ESPN.� it was another event in Globe history that made me think , do they have any editors over there.

Bye Bob, do no let the door hit you on the way out.� Bye Bob, here's your hat, what's your hurry?

Sections
Shortcuts