Have you ever run a marathon?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Have you ever run a marathon? Or what fond memories do you have of watching one? Share your stories.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3298228. Show user_3298228's posts

I ran the 2008 Walt Disney World Marathon in January and will be running Boston this year with Team Hopkinton of Hopkinton, Mass.

Training for a marathon is tough - there are some weekends you just don't want to get out there for that long run, but know you have to. All the pain and sacrifices become so much more worth it once you finally cross that finish line. It's truly a life-changing experience that only about 1% of the population will ever know.

Best of luck to my fellow runners on Monday. I'm number 24447...see you at the finish line!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billywalsh. Show billywalsh's posts

For the past 9 years I have gone to the Sox game then over to watch the marathon.I've always told my friends that the only time I'd miss the Sox Patriots Day game was to run the marathon.� Well, this year is no different, I'll be going to the game again.It certainly takes alot of time and energy to train for any marathon. I have run one marathon and will only run Boston when I qualify for it.� To me, running a�marathon to qualify for Boston is a great accomplishment in itself!� Good luck to all who may be running!�

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from heynow98. Show heynow98's posts

I remember a few years ago it was like 85 degrees and humid.� That was a fun year to watch.� Sitting out there in shorts with a cocktail watching the runners sweat it out.� I hope its hot like that again this year.�

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pfmorse. Show pfmorse's posts

The first time I ran Boston, I was a bandit (1991?). The Rocky soundtrack ("Gonna Fly Now"?) was blairing from someone's sound system near the start and a big sign was flashing "RUN FORREST RUN". The crowd was unbelieveable for every step of the 26 miles. As I was coming up the last of heartbreak hill, I came up on an older gent, maybe 65 or so, reaching the top at the same time. He was wearing a green shirt that said "Running For Irish Palsey". As he reached the top the crowd was clapping and screaming and rooting him on.�As he hit the apex he jumped into the air and clicked his heels (as much as running shoes click anyway). THE CROWD WENT NUTS!!!! As we came down the other side and I passed him, I told him that�his acrobatics were great. He winked at me and in a thick brogue said "must be the Irish in me". ��

Sections
Shortcuts