lexington basketball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonag11. Show jasonag11's posts

lexington basketball

i think lexington has a very easy road to the tsongas arena..they avoid playing east boston,and central..the two hardest teams in that bracket...they will play the winner of chelmsford, acton game...they will beat either of them...then they play the winner of lynn english and sommerville..and that game will be at lex...they do no lose at home...so that brings us to boston latin...they are good..but lex should beat them pretty easy...and then will go to play either brighton, eastie or central..they avoid all the top teams ....lex gets all the easy teams to advance...they are in very good shape to come out of there...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrblackrock. Show mrblackrock's posts

lexington basketball

dont overlook lynn english.. they got the same amount of talent as eastie and brighton, they are just not as well coached

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonag11. Show jasonag11's posts

lexington basketball

lexington handles the city teams pretty well...i have watched them for years...and they dont get beat by them...they own cambridge..they beat eastie last year...they beat the number two ranked team in ct..and they were all city kids...they lost to charlestown by three last year...should have won that game...lexingtons coach is one of the best in the state..so right there, they have the huge advantage...boston latin plays in the dcl..all d 2 and d3 teams...they dont play anybody..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonag11. Show jasonag11's posts

lexington basketball

watertown, belmont,cambridge,and the number two team from ct...they play tough teams...and they will be prepared...you will see..why is watertwon ranked 9th all season??? they beat them by 30

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonag11. Show jasonag11's posts

lexington basketball

sox fan are you from andover??? i have seen andover, and they are garbage...they have no scorers...the only reason they are ok, is cuz of there coach...there one score..isnt that great..they will lose to salem..you will see sox fan...and lex will make it to the tsongas..no doubts..andover gone in the first round...sorry soxfan..stick with the soxs...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonag11. Show jasonag11's posts

lexington basketball

will see ya next year sox fan..hahahah..i told you they had no scorers..they were garbage...lex will win tommorw by 20...two home games..yikes..like i said before, they dont lose at home...so they are lock for the tsongas...after that, who knows...all i can say is that they will make it there...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoops06. Show hoops06's posts

lexington basketball

I think your a little confused .Central plays Boston Latin in the second round. Lexington plays the winner of that game in the third round. Central vs Lexington should be a good game. I think Lexington wins because Central is to inexperienced. I think Lexington will lose to East Boston at the Tsongas Arena.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoops06. Show hoops06's posts

lexington basketball

Has Lexington played a ranked team all year? If they havn't their gonna have a tough time in the playoffs because they can't just expect to beat Central and East Boston if they have no experience with good teams. I'm not saying they won't beat those teams, but I think it would be alot easier if they had some experience with good teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonag11. Show jasonag11's posts

lexington basketball

lex is def the fav...it will be lowell and lex at the tsongas...lowell is the sleeper..they are very tough...they will def come out of that side...eastie is gone...if lex played like they played tonite, nobody can beat them...they are ten deep and loaded at every position...they wear ya down...sox fan dont be mad anymore...your team is gone...just give lex the props they deserve...come on man, we have the same colors..your ad is from lex...i gave your team last year much props...i loved watcin that team...also, the middlesex is way underated..you watch, at least two teams will be at tsongas...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoops06. Show hoops06's posts

lexington basketball

I think 65-40 Lexington over Lynn English.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfb5880. Show dfb5880's posts

lexington basketball

Anybody out there got a scouting reporting on Lynn English? Have they got the size to stay with Lexington?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoops06. Show hoops06's posts

lexington basketball

I predicted that Lexington would beat Lynn English 65-40 and they won 64-40. If you don't believe me look at message 1604.48.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from swamanator. Show swamanator's posts

lexington basketball

what now baby lexington 64 lynn english 40

on to the semi's

only little time till champion ship in lex

LEXINGTON MINUTEMEN RULE

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoops06. Show hoops06's posts

lexington basketball

Don't go getting all cocky, they have beaten one ranked team all year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonag11. Show jasonag11's posts

lexington basketball

dhood ur right buddie...this sox fan is a fraud...why doesnt he stick to the red sox...cuz we all agree that they will be good this year...i have been saying all year, that andover sucks...watertown belmont and woburn would burn them...if lex can get by central, i think they can make it to the garden...central haunts lex...but i def think lex has the guns to pull it out this year...they are playing the best ball of the year right now...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoops06. Show hoops06's posts

lexington basketball

I really hope Central beats Lexingtons so all you Lexington fans will shut up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from billjwja. Show billjwja's posts

lexington basketball

Watch out for Central Catholic......deep, experienced, tournament hardened, quick, tough, unselfish, and no superstars--just 10 very good basketball players. 4 deep at guard and 6 deep upfront. Lexington will find out how tough the top teams in the MVC are--like they did a few years ago coming in 21-1 and beating everyone by 20 only to lose to Central.

3 of Central's 5 losses were to Lawrence.

Andover was no better than the 4th best tem in MVC this year---not much talent.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from billjwja. Show billjwja's posts

lexington basketball

That's the problem with Andover....losing Casey Cosgrove, Bobby Hughes, and Vetrano as last year was their last chance to do damage.

Andover's guards this year were weak. They couldn't attack defenses against good man to man pressure, weren't shooters as in the past, and unable to consistently get the ball into good scoring position on the court. Their 14-7 record is testament to great coaching by Dave Fazio as Andover plays hard, smart, and doesn't beat themselves.

Problem this year was not enough talent. Tristian Shannon and Ian Dempsey were their only scorers but couldn't dominate as previous Andover stars have.

Andover always overachieves and 14-7 with the talent on that team was overachieving.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from billjwja. Show billjwja's posts

lexington basketball

Lexington will have a battle against Central as Central is as deep as they are.

Don't forget Central goes several rounds into the Tourney every year and got to the E Mass finals against Newton North last year. Junior De La Hoz, Wilfredo Pagan, Chris Morales, and Adrian Gonzalez all have huge playoff experience--4 starters this year.

Central blew out Boston Latin on Latin's gym with Gonzalez playing 4 minutes of the first half due to foul trouble and only scoring 4 points.

I remember a few years ago......Lexington was the number one seed blowing out everyone and as good as Watertown and Belmont might be another MVC team--Lowell--is still playing. Shows the tough competition in that league. Lowell and Central each won by 10 against the other at home.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from billjwja. Show billjwja's posts

lexington basketball

I didn't say Andover was a bad team. I said they overachieved. They had 11-10 talent and went 14-7 cause of Dave Fazio's superior coaching getting the most he could out of those guys.

Andover has to play perfect games to win in the tournament as they're facing other more talented and well coached teams so their lack of talent deficiency gets exposed. They had 2 players who were good, but not as good as Hughes, Cosgrove, or Vetrano from last year. Peter White at center is improving but hasn't yet shown he's a big game player like Bobby Hughes was.

They're a good scrappy team--not a power--and not an elite team in Eastern Mass.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from billjwja. Show billjwja's posts

lexington basketball

Cambridge will play a tough Lowell team.

Welch is a phenomenal athlete at 6' 5"--was an outstanding quarterback as well. Lowell is the team (as Lawrence was) that Central doesn't want to play in the tourney.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from billjwja. Show billjwja's posts

lexington basketball

I agree. Central is the best balanced and toughest test for Lexington left in the North bracket.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from billjwja. Show billjwja's posts

lexington basketball

Never been to Reading--but will be there Wednesday.

Glad we got to the Boston Latin gym an hour early--only held around 500 fans.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonag11. Show jasonag11's posts

lexington basketball

there will be plenty of seating...they will have both sides with bleachers...they wouldnt have it here, if it wasnt big enough...dont worry people..everyone will get in..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from billjwja. Show billjwja's posts

lexington basketball

Central is extremely quick and their guards with quick man to man full court pressure do an excellent job keeping the offense from getting the ball consistently into good scoring position.

I don't know how fast Lexington's guards are--if they have an exceptional good sized slashing penetrating guard like Isaac Johnson of Everett or Corey Lowe of Newton North last year they can break down Central's defense.

A few years ago Lew Finnegan (had Diabetes) was an exceptional guard for Lexington and they were 20-1. Against Central Carlos Brown was too quick for him forcing him into several turnovers in the second half leading to a 66-60 Central win.

Not having seen Lexington play this year I'll be interested to see just what their guards are and do. If I see average to smaller sized guards with average or above average speed Lexington will be in trouble, IMO, as Central's pressure with a 4 guard rotation of De La Hoz, Pagan, Constant, and Marsden will wear them down.

Sections
Shortcuts