Missing Lobel?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from loopstah. Show loopstah's posts

Missing Lobel?

I will not miss Lobel.�� He was clearly�long past his time.He was unprepared and�disinterested.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bushie. Show bushie's posts

Missing Lobel?

My goodness.� You need to move on from your nostaglic past.� Next......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bushie. Show bushie's posts

Missing Lobel?

You can add Dan Shaugnessy and Mike Barnicle to that last too!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bushie. Show bushie's posts

Missing Lobel?

so what if he did charity work, that does not make his sportcast any better.� His reporting was horrible.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggmd. Show eggmd's posts

Missing Lobel?

It's about time he's gone....He's got one of the better jobs anyone can ask for in the best sports city in the country and all he did was whine - that was why I couldn't stomach sports on that channel.�

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Missing Lobel?

I am not really a sports fan. But I think, it was about time for Lobelto leave. His performance during the Pats' Superbowl this year wasawful, to say the least. So messed up. Everyone walked over him. I feltsorry for him. Drinking problem? I am not one to say, but it sometimeslooked like it.
    I wish him well though - he had some very good years way back then. Butrecently, not so. Sometimes, one has to know, when to stop - and forLobel it's has long been "about time". Thanks Bob for the good yearswishing you well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pas8263. Show pas8263's posts

Missing Lobel?

I can't say that I was a big fan of Bob Lobel. I thought when he did the post game shows for the Patriots he looked like he was "half in the bag" and seemed to slur his words or mumble.I won't miss hearing "Why can't we get guys like that!" I loved it when Billy Buckner walked out on him during a live interview. The look on Lobels face was priceless. �Bye Bye Bobby�

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shanao621. Show shanao621's posts

Missing Lobel?

Bob Lobel is a Boston Sports Legend, and I for one think Channel 4 is making a huge mistake by letting him go. Born in 1978, I�grew up�watching Bob Lobel, he was the first and only sportscaster I ever truly appreciated. His relaxed demeanor, his insights, etc.. Granted he isn't for everybody, as he's more old school than the current crop of personalities. He will be sorely missed though. I am so disappointed in WBZ for failing to recognize his 29 years of service, and giving him the proper fairwell he very much deserved.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bleacherbum. Show bleacherbum's posts

Missing Lobel?

I watched WBZ TV with my grandfather.� Dating myself but that was when Don Kent was the weatherman and Jack Chase did the news.� The recent changes @ BZ have finally pushed me over the edge.� Sara Underwood, Lobel and�Joyce all deserved a better fate.��Then Barry Burbank�was demoted to weekends�or some kid from Maine.� But I�especially can't take Paula Ebben in the morning.� About 3 weeks ago I switched to Channel 5.� It took some time getting used to the new people and their format, but�I think I am officially converted.���People need�to identify with local news, sports and weather people.� I know the TV news is changing, but sometimes change is bad.� Bye Bye!Keith� Barber - North Attleborough

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from manorborn. Show manorborn's posts

Missing Lobel?

During Reggie Lewis's sophmore season, Lobel went on the air and proclaimed, with his whiny attempt at an authoritative voice, that while Lewis is a decent player he would never be an allstar. He had no clue at what he was looking at, no sports instincts. He was in it for politics and the smalltown celebrity aspects that apparently he craved. He had no ability to bring real color to his reportage or commentary. The people who miss him, clearly never had the privilege of hearing the true great ones. They miss Lobell, because they confuse premium commentary with familiarity. Good riddance.
    JLR
    Granville, MA

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgs. Show rgs's posts

Missing Lobel?

��� Any Boston station, committed to the viewer, would do well to put Bob back on the air! 30 years is a hard habit to break. He was the only reason I got my news from TV-4.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scoosdad. Show scoosdad's posts

Missing Lobel?

One of the little pleasures in my life was spending a day with Bob and another Boston sports legend, Bob Cousy out at Pleasant Valley Country Club back in the 80's as they played in a charity round to benefit Muscular Distrophy, if I recall.� I was there to videotape the event for airing during an upcoming telethon, I ended up driving Bob and Bob around in their golf cart, and I was struck by how friendly, down to earth, and generous the man was.�� The columnist mentioned how freely he gave of his time to local charities and this was one of those moments.� Think what you want about him as a sportscaster, but I was impressed by him immediately and became a fan for life.

Bob, don't be a stranger to Boston, and here's hoping you turn up somewhere locally very soon.� You and the others who got let go are all too good for CBS and channel 4 (just don't go to 7, 'k?).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bish6364. Show bish6364's posts

Missing Lobel?

Yes, I miss Bob Lobel and was sad to see that he was dismissed this way. I have been living in Florida for five years, but I was sad when I saw the headline online. Some people, ,like Lobel, become an institution and that is why you care about them - he will be missed.

MA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from orchard47. Show orchard47's posts

Missing Lobel?

If you think Lobel was bad just watch out-of town announcers such as down South in Hicksville.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lindargd. Show lindargd's posts

Missing Lobel?

Well said, Patrick. I have watched Bob Lobel for all the years he's been on the station. I have been a WBZ fan for just as long but now with Bob, Joyce and Scott all being given the boot,��my loyalty to WBZ will be out the window. THe news stations are not what they use to be. I still enjoy Jack Williams and Lisa Hughes, but like many others, I get news and sports on the internet, and listen to sports radio when I'm in my car. By the time I sit down to watch the 6p or 11p news, it's already "old" news. I'm sure some station (radio or tv) will grab Bob up. He is as knowledgeable as any sportscaster could be. He always told it like it was and that was what made him great. He will be missed, but I know we'll�be tuning in to his sportscast one day soon somewhere else.Good luck, Bob. You are truly one of a kind - and I�say that in a positive way!�

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hg.gray2006. Show hg.gray2006's posts

Missing Lobel?

I unfortunately, didn't know he was leaving.� And how unfortunate.� He was truely a staple on chanel 4, and will be greatly missed.� I have grown up with him, and have always watched him.....I just don't watch that news channel anymore because of the other anchors they've chosen.� Boston has lost a great one, and if what i'm reading about how they 'terminated' his appearances, Shame on you WBZ!�

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dingo656. Show dingo656's posts

Missing Lobel?

I agree with Shaughnessy. What little the local sports news has left is now gone. Soon it'll be Mike Lynch and the rest of the crew at Channel 5.It's�a shame, but the short term pursuit of higher stock values and quarterly profits has no respect for history or tradition.�WBZ certainly has no respect for the people who�made the company millions in profits over the years as evidenced by this move.I can see why Randi Goldklank drinks so much. The TV business must really suck.Bob, all the best - I'm sure you'll land somewhere and hopefully it'll be NESN or someplace local.�

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamjohnnyboston. Show iamjohnnyboston's posts

Missing Lobel?

I can't say it any more clearly than this:

BOB LOBEL is BOSTON SPORTS.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimgal. Show jimgal's posts

Missing Lobel?

My best memory of Bob Lobel was when he was married to Susan Warnick who was in court facing confinement because she would not devulge a source for a story she had reported on.� Bob left L.A. where he was covering the finals between the Celtics and the Lakers so that he could be with his wife offering her his support.The man has integrity.� Say what you will - but - if you've got integrity - you've got a lot.� God's speed Bob Lobel........................

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cmv1971. Show cmv1971's posts

Missing Lobel?

Wow, I've only lived here for the last 16-17 years so maybe I don't see it but are people really using the word "legend" and Bob Lobel in the same sentence??Come on...� talk about throwing that word around too easily these days.� He had a long run sure, but in my opinion, being a long-term local sportscaster does�not make one a "legend".�

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teetalk. Show teetalk's posts

Missing Lobel?

�Lobel defines the real problem in Boston sports media. He has always sucked up to every above-average professional athlete in the four major sports or the sports celebrity of the day. Lobel was so far up Bill Parcells "butt" that he knew what Parcells had for dinner. Here's how I know Lobel was an ingrate, incompetent boor.�When the PGA Tour played an event at Pleasant Valley CC in the early 90's, Lobel was partenered with Fuzzy Zoeller in the pro-am event on Wednesday of tournament week. Zoeller was a big name at that time & Lobel'e entire sporstcast that night was about him and "Fuzzy" playing golf & having a fun time. Not a bad story...right? Well Lobel, in his haste to mix it up personally with the celebrity of the day, failed to even report the results of�who won the golf tournament on the�Sunday night sportscast. It wasd all about Bob and Lobel should have retired long ago!��

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from elcubunda. Show elcubunda's posts

Missing Lobel?

Bob Lobel is a good man.
    He is friendly, knowledgeable, and giving (of his time).
    Bob, you will be missed!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RHoule. Show RHoule's posts

Missing Lobel?

Some people confuse longevity with quality and excellence.� It may have been 30 years and 10,000 reports, but the quality and excellence must have been all in the first 20 years, because the last 10 while I've been watching have really stunk.� Many a time, he's on with flushed cheeks and slurring his words.� He gets facts wrong at times, and his opinions of a team go from praise one day to skewering them the next day based on whether they won that single game or not - a little too "fanboy" for someone that is supposed to a professional. And his moronic phrase of "why can't we get players like that?" shows that he doesn't know anything about professional sports teams, salaries caps, etc. I certainly will not miss him and I think Channel 4 made the right decision, but I will admit that after serving faithfully for that long, you would think that they would let him go out on a better note.� To replace him, Channel 4 should look at his opposite and try to find someone that is sober, knows about sports, and is a couple of decades away from being washed up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hot-tomato. Show hot-tomato's posts

Missing Lobel?

Lobel was cranky and unappealing. Wish him well? Sure. Miss him? Not so much.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jac3jr. Show jac3jr's posts

Missing Lobel?

Congratulations and good luck Bob.

To all the nay sayers who take yourselves way too seriously. Bob's sarcasim, dry humor, and arogant comments were true Boston. Hope to see you on the Tv soon.

Thanks for a great job.