Missing Lobel?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Slack. Show Slack's posts

Missing Lobel?

Nothing against Lobel, but back in '79 'BZ fired Jimmy Myers and�promoted OMFG Roger Twibell, who could not even pronounce Barnstable (he called it barn stable), to sports anchor.� That was a travesty.�� They made Lobel number two behind Twibell and the rest is history.�� Myers should have had the job.� 'Nuff said.As for Bob,�live by the face, die by the face.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from manthonym. Show manthonym's posts

Missing Lobel?

You know what? You know what? You know what?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from alisondra. Show alisondra's posts

Missing Lobel?

Yes, I miss him already. His insight, appreciation, telling it like it is, wise guy, positive attitude inspiredtrust in the�locker rooms �and trust in viewers like me. Not to mention the sense of humor. Bob was with my late husband Billy Blum at the 1st ever Red Sox baseball fantasy camp. I have a photo of my husband and Bob, on the field, with the professionals, looking like they were both in happy heaven.The passion that Bob brought to the sports lovers of New England� was conveyed again and again and again through his emotional, sincere and get-to-the bottom-of -it broadcasts. For this girl's money, he is and will always be THE consumate Boston sportscaster and Channel 4 is ridiculous to have sent him on his way. Bob Lobel set the bar high in this sports crazed town.Best of luck to you, Bob.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamjohnnyboston. Show iamjohnnyboston's posts

Missing Lobel?

I am glad Seymour123 made his point... But I'm sure it will be missed by the people that needed to read it most. Bob Lobel was the conduit which so much sports knowledge and news was shared with the fans over the years.�I am glad we had him and wish him well.On another note - please let me add: I am astounded by the number of haters in this board!��You are so jealous and spiteful!� Wow. You don't have to like him or appreciate his career. Have�some respect. The childlike�passive-aggressive comments make you�sound like fools.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ppag. Show ppag's posts

Missing Lobel?

I never liked Bob Lobel so I won't miss him at all, Joyce Kulhawik on the other hand will be a real loss.BTW, why are people so sure Lobel had a drinking problem?� I heard that he had some illness (not�alcholism) �that made him seem disorinted at times.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ppag. Show ppag's posts

Missing Lobel?

Oh I see it was in a cartoon once, well that is definitive

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jetaspirin. Show jetaspirin's posts

Missing Lobel?

Post removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bboy1977. Show bboy1977's posts

Missing Lobel?

His retirement is about�10 years too late.� They should have pulled the plug well before he started slurring his words and "looking" like he was half asleep/drunk while he was on air.� Anyone remember when he would broadcast live from The Place sport bar.� He'd close out every night after the show getting obliterated and stumbling out of the place.�� Great how�WBZ covered up his�DUIs. �

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpms. Show jpms's posts

Missing Lobel?

Wow,I will definitely miss him� He's one of a kind.� I started following the Sox in '75 and even remember the days when Lobel was on the radio doing that sports show with Upton Bell.After every big game I surf 'till I find his report, and don't feel satisfied until I've seen it (ending of World Series, Superbowls, etc.).He's great on the 5th quarter, too, hope he's still on that?Best of luck and hope we hear you on the radio airwaves Bob!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightyfid. Show themightyfid's posts

Missing Lobel?

A great sportscaster, He along with Jack and Liz�had me entertained my whole life. Every time I came home to visit I always make it a point to watch their news program. I hope he stays in Boston and does talk radio or something. Maybe he can get his old gig on NESN.��Good luck and God speed Bob, Thanks!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsx44. Show redsx44's posts

Missing Lobel?

Like others, I did not even realize April 30th was his last night.� That was�a very poor sending off of one of the very best.� I have been a loyal WBZ fan for 20-some years and am very sad to see him go.� I've looked forward to Sports Final every Sunday night and now, it's just not the same.� Steve Burton and Dan Roche are great, but no one can match the wit and sacarsm of Lobel.� He honestly shared his opinion of the local teams, always echoing the sentiment of the Boston sports fans.� He never held back.� � He�is a true original and fit into this town like no other.� It is a shame that WBZ does not value their veterans...I wouldn't be surprised to see Jack Williams next on the chopping block.�

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevehud. Show stevehud's posts

Missing Lobel?

Bob Lobel did a lot for the jimmy fund and childrens hospital year after year without asking for anything back. Kudos to him. You will be missed.
    however when it comes to sportscasts- i wont miss you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

Missing Lobel?

People attacking Lobel don't have a clue. A martini at lunch never stopped Teddy from being one of the greatest senators of all time. He was one of the few who voted against the illegal war.

Lobel has skills. People dissing him are showing their ugly sides. With all the scoundrels out there, and they focus in on one of the greatest sports icons of all time to belittle.

God bless Bob Lobel

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from angryroidragerogerhater75. Show angryroidragerogerhater75's posts

Missing Lobel?

He was my favorite from age 11 to about 14 years of age. His style has kind of become a little dated. I remember me and my father laughing at the comments he'd make when we'd watch in the morning before I left for school and he'd go to work. But, the line : "How come we don't get players like that?" lost it's luster and comedic appeal after the 4ooth time. Still...he seems like a decent guy. When I think of the other boston sports media jerks like Bob "cry baby" Ryan and Gerry "right wing" Callahan, I appreciate the things Lobel's done over the years, but maybe I'm sort of romanticizing. He was the one who introduced me to sports broadcasting, and though the dream has been dead and buried for a long time now, he did inspire me and had some impact on my life. Yeah, I'll miss you Bob. Enjoy retirement!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Missing Lobel?

"He's [Bob Lobel] been the most annoying, whiney Boston Sports figure for years.� O"

I don't think so, fcbroker.

IMHO, that dubious distinction belongs to Bill Ebben, who does "color" for the BC basketball games, and whose constant interruptions with the banal detract from the heady, always centered play by play which Ted Sarandis provides.

Eagles hoops fans deserve one of two things: (1) Bring back the last color analyst, or (2) Let Ted go solo.

Either way, it would be addition by subtraction.

Sections
Shortcuts