No. 1 in boys' hoops?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

No. 1 in boys' hoops?

Madison Park stole the top spot from BC High this week in the Globe's latest Top 20 poll.

Do the Cardinals (13-0) deserve top billing? Should the Eagles (11-0) have maintained their perch? Maybe Lexington (14-0) should march to the top of the polls.

Give us your thoughts on this week's Top 20 and tell us how you would rank the top teams in Eastern Mass.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrblackrock. Show mrblackrock's posts

No. 1 in boys' hoops?

Barring a mental breakdown. Madison will win the states.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dforce. Show dforce's posts

No. 1 in boys' hoops?

BC High will be tough to beat. Good all around depth and Hurley is especially good point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bjg1545. Show bjg1545's posts

No. 1 in boys' hoops?

Im sick of everyone talking about how good bc high is. If anyone was at the CM game vs. BC High, CM showed that size didnt matter by pressing the BC high offense. The game was taken away from Cm by the refs, and no one can argue with that. BC high will not win States and CM should get more attention because they continue to drop in the polls even though they havent lost since BC high. BC High, CM tommorow night at CM. We'll see how good they really are.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jl1987. Show jl1987's posts

No. 1 in boys' hoops?

Madison Park did not steal the top spot they just so happened to earn it. Yeah bc high, lexington, eastie, central catholic and other great ranked teams are shining but give the cardinals there props because this is there year to shine even brighter!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bjg1545. Show bjg1545's posts

No. 1 in boys' hoops?

Lettem have it T sul

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from galvao1. Show galvao1's posts

No. 1 in boys' hoops?

it does not matter who is #1 in the regular season. When it all said and done the Brockton Boxers wiil be at the garden not BC High or Madison Park. Brockton is getter better and is a dangerous team come playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from galvao1. Show galvao1's posts

No. 1 in boys' hoops?

yo philly cat i bet u have not seen any of those team even play. how can u say the top teams are the ones who are undefeated. look at brockton and east boston schedules and then look at the rest. brockton was up by 17 on bchigh with 10min 2 go, the east boston game was close at half time,foul trouble by several boxers in the 2nd half, the andover game was a no show on top of bad refs and i mean bad REFS. Frankly eastboston is the only team i like out of the bunch thats y i said brockton will go to the garden because thats when they will play eastie stupid. Brockton teams always get better towards the end. Madison is not a powerhouse, they could be beat and will this week by eastie gareentee. The way ur talking is as if the undefeated teams are unstopable, please. Its who plays the best at the end my friends. High School basketball not nba.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from warriors3. Show warriors3's posts

No. 1 in boys' hoops?

Tell me one good reason why the Crusaders of Bishop Fenwick shouldnt be in the top 20?...Their 6-1 in the CCL league and 7-2 over all. They have Ryan Sasso who in my eyes is the best point guard in Eastern MA avg. 27.7 points and 4 assist a game. They also have 2 big guys, JohnSquires and Mike Clifford who are well over 6 feet. They beat Arch Bishop Williams away by a large amount who are ranked.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from warriors3. Show warriors3's posts

No. 1 in boys' hoops?

Tell me one good reason why the Crusader of Bishop Fenwick shouldnt be in the top 20. their 7-1 and 11-2 overall. Sasso mis the best in the northshore.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from needsun. Show needsun's posts

No. 1 in boys' hoops?

Great game tonight in West Rox between BC High and CM. Even without 6'8" Andrew Yanulis, BC HIgh showed they were more than worthy of the hype against an excellent CM team, winning 79-70. CMshould be ranked much higher than 15 or 20. I was glad to see the herald had CM # 1 in the Div 2 rankings. But at this point, its just for temporary bragging rights, the real deals start in a month.

Nick Schmiemann had a huge game for BC - 22 points, including some big shots when they were needed against a relentless and very talented CM,. Chris Hurley had another strong all - around game 13 pts and 7 rebounds and 4 or 5 assists and Tim McKinney drained every foul shot he took (12), including big ones at the end, along with a few other baskets to come up big time for BC. And Jake O'Brien had another solid game, changing lots of shots for anyone who headed into the paint. BC High is good, they are (10 +) deep, and it should be a great tournament in D 1 South with them and MP and the Boxers and Newton North. Braintree is solid and doesn't Brighton compete in D1 South too?

Hats off to the SRO CM crowd. That home gym was electrifying tonight. The student body section was great. That school gets the MVP for fan support hands down. It was L-O-U-D !!! in there. The only thing missing was the band.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from galvao1. Show galvao1's posts

No. 1 in boys' hoops?

listen phillycat u better talk about brockton. their a very young team and going to be good now and years 2 come. they have a sophmore by the name of jarred davuaghn that reminds me of another anthony gurley. their freshmen and jv teams have not lost a game in 2years. at the end of the season im going 2 be telling u i told u so. as far as east boston goes i dont see any one from the north taking them out. did u see what they did 2 the townnies last night, 45-19 at halftime. do your homework and then talk to me. no wodder u from philly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from galvao1. Show galvao1's posts

No. 1 in boys' hoops?

philly cat or alley cat, its simple u didnt see the brockton eastie game becuase it was closer than the score indicated. brockton can play what with any team in the state hands down. their young and like i said a dangerous team to play in the postseason and this is coming from someone that lives not 2 far from madison park. ive seen all the top teams and no team is superior. like i said brockton will be at the garden representing the south. as matter a fact u should go see a brockton game(newtonnorth feb4 2-30pm brockton,ma) then u can relate stupid. undefeated mean nothing come playoffs. like i said do your homework scrub. i bring facts 2 the table.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from galvao1. Show galvao1's posts

No. 1 in boys' hoops?

and by the way who is charlestown, a team that madison park only beat by 2 and lost 2 holy name in the last minutes. east boston will beat madison park tomm.. that will end that talk. and bc high should be lucky 2 be unbeated brockton basicly gave that game away thanks 2 a bad call by the refs with 1 sec left in the back court, ur u kidding calling a foul in the back court with 1 sec left. if brockton plays andover again they will beat them by aleast 10. they took them lightly for sure, dont get it twisted by friend, u must be a philly fan, your a$$ is stupid. no sports knowledge but i teach u because u need help from Mr Sports.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from galvao1. Show galvao1's posts

No. 1 in boys' hoops?

i dont know what ur talking about this game could have gone either way, u act like they blew them out. i did say no team is superior than the other, didnt i. this has nothing to do with my prediction that brockton will win the south braccets. yes they will beat madison park u here. brockton has more tallent the all of this teams trust me, ive seen them play.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from galvao1. Show galvao1's posts

No. 1 in boys' hoops?

yeah i did say eastie was going 2 win, but im not god. i just go according 2 what i c. all u madison park lovers all of a sudden. well u going 2 be mighty upset when brockton show them the door in the playoffs. bchigh, madison park both beatable, their not oak hill, please. i dont even respect bchigh, they basicly got lucky agaist brockton. brockton was up 18 on them, and for some reason played the bench with 10 mins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from galvao1. Show galvao1's posts

No. 1 in boys' hoops?

YEAH YEAH YEAH

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrblackrock. Show mrblackrock's posts

No. 1 in boys' hoops?

Peterson is not too small in size, maybe height but i dont imagine the stiff from bc matching up on the glass with Peterson, whose biggest enemy is himself.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from galvao1. Show galvao1's posts

No. 1 in boys' hoops?

right now their not the best in the state, in time they will be. brockton teams always get better why u think they call brockton the city of champs. u dont even know about the team 2 even talk. have u even seen them play, no. ur just going by their record 9-3, which aint bad considering they have one of the toughest schedule in the state(bchigh, east boston, charlestown, new bedford, newton north, andover, obryant,) every team is fired up 2 play brockton, no easy night. the entire crowd bursted on the court when andover beat brockton, that basicly made their season. teams dont get fired up 2 play bchigh, no disrespect eagles its just the truth (mavbe in hockey).when u play for any brockton team ur a target. and i call that respect.best football program in the state hands down. the basketball program girls and boys always in the tournament. not 2 bad at baseball and softball either. and remember just a public school. i dont want 2 here about ur school being good. do it year in and year out and then talk to me. i guess i wont be getting any conversation year 2 come. one year wonders, regular season champs. boston city league as been a disapointment for years, charlestown won their championships at a division 2 level. when was the last time a boston team won a division one state title any sport. please. the only thing that hold cathoilic memorial and bchigh down is hockey. i told u, i bring nothing but fact. see u later bumbs

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from galvao1. Show galvao1's posts

No. 1 in boys' hoops?

listen u bumb their only 90,000 people that live in brockton. theirs close to 1 million that live in boston. how can u have one high school stupid. brockton is close 2 being a town. more people live in just dorchester alone. and like i said not every great athlete that lives in brockton goes 2 brockton high. we just have better athletes ok. like i said when was the last time a boston school won a division 1 title.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from galvao1. Show galvao1's posts

No. 1 in boys' hoops?

listen thinking#1 idiot, u the one that brought up that brockton was sooooo huge. brockton is not huge. yes its bigger than some other high schools. what u want me 2 say , get some more land pal and build a high school in the south end or something. but answer by quetion, when was the last time a boston school won a division one title? madison park will not win the states, how when they wont even win the south. charlestown is the team from boston that i give respect2, but um them titles were at division 2 level, i take that respect back. brighton sucked for years, west roxbury who? the only history madison park has is their soccer teams. um how about high park, umm oops. south boston maybe. how can the city teams be so good, u gus are in denial, and by the way hows good are yor football teams, oops again, division 60?. Brockton stays DIVISION#1even in swiming. how can u say brockton dont have better athletes than any boston school, man please. when u beat a brockton team u dont make that excuse only when u lose to them. i cant wait till brockton beats mp in the playoffs so all the 617 can shut up. ur not a new york team, ur just a regular team. east boston, mp alright, the rest of yall teams are trash!!!!!BROCKTON,MA CITY OF THE CHAMPS

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejg904. Show thejg904's posts

No. 1 in boys' hoops?

I doubt Ipswich vs North Reading will decide CAL small saying Ipswich is like 9-1 in league play while NR is 6-4. Besides Ipswich is gonna tool on North Reading just like they did earlier

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from galvao1. Show galvao1's posts

No. 1 in boys' hoops?

i cant dispute about that because ur right the brockton coach is not that good. thats reason for a long trought. as far as u go, where u from clinton, ma u bumb. brockton just won back 2 back football titles, most in the state and u want 2 talk about everett. south boston, what was that 40 years ago, man please. before u talk about spelling go back and read yours u idiot. last time i checked we were not getting graded for this. ur just another brockton hater. u seem 2 know more about brockton than me, going back as far as ben mitchell. brockton year in and out makes the tournament and goes deep into it u fool. u cant say that about south boston, south boston man please, what are they 1 -15. listen sit on ur couch and keep eating ur donuts. i did not say brockton was the best ever, i just said they have better athelets than boston schools either u like or dont, its the facts. city of champs!!!!!!!!! u bumb!!! make sure u show up at the TDBANKGARDEN when Brockton Boxers vs EastBoston, this time it will be different scrub, until then keep drinking that hater juice. talking about spelling u nerd. i dont but no effort i just try 2 get my point across. enough of this. MY TOP 5 Madison Park, BCHigh, EastBoston, Brockton, Lexington, the rest ur trash.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from galvao1. Show galvao1's posts

No. 1 in boys' hoops?

o by the way please do ur homework again, brockton has not competed since hartsell and mitchell, stupid. i have been to the garden three times in the last ten years 2 watch brockton in the south finals stupid. 2 me that more than competing. how many times did u go when u was in high school? see its people like u that think thier so smart and nothing but idiots. if your such a good speller go 2 a spelling b contest scrub!!!!! ballaholic my a$$$$$!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from galvao1. Show galvao1's posts

No. 1 in boys' hoops?

what the problem,it my opinion, i think Brockton will win the south. let me be wrong first. u stick with ur city team and ill stick with the Brockton Boxers. drill me when im wrong and ill give u your props. i not trying to insult any high school or team. i just think brockton will rise come playoffs. Vic Ortiz is going out with a bang.

Sections
Shortcuts