Reading's top line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Reading's top line

Juniors Patrick Kiley (20 goals, 31 assists), Robert Toczylowski (25goals, 22 assists) and Michael Lozzi (20 goals, 26 assists) are threeof the top five scorers in Eastern Mass. through 17 games this season.

They also comprise the top line for the Reading boys' ice hockey team.

So where does this line rank among the best the area has seen? How good will they be next season?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyfan2. Show hockeyfan2's posts

Reading's top line

The problem here is that Reading has played a lot of weak teams and not very many good ones (really just BCH and Woburn). So the scoring stats are quite inflated because of this. I would say that this line is good like most 1st lines of a top team. If a super 8 level team played in their league against the same teams the top line would have similar scoring results.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocks01867. Show rocks01867's posts

Reading's top line

you have to be ignorant to think that reading only plays 2 lines. yes, the first line does play alot but if you have watched the high scoring games against weaker opponents, the bulk of the score has come from the 2nd/3rd liners and the defensemen. aside from kiley, lozzi and toz .. reading has great depth with jon kaine, quin junta, dan milano, derek dion, sean mcgoldrick and billy cataldo, not to mention the most underrated part of the team: the defense. travis busch is playing his first year of highschool hockey after playing 2 years of juniors and is playing excellent defense for reading. also, captains jack lee and joe ronan and junior garrett collins provide reading with great defense as well as some offensive production. i have a feeling that by the time the super 8 comes around, reading with be in prime position to make a lot of noise in the tournament.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from emarsh10. Show emarsh10's posts

Reading's top line

I grew up and played at Reading and am a big follower to this day. Having said that, I don't give any public school much of a chance to win the Super 8. The best public school teams may frequently have some top end talent that is actually better than anything the CC can roll out there (e.g. Collins and Saviano when they were at Reading were FAR better than any individual player at CM) but the rest of the rosters at CM and BCH are far superior and much better coached (sorry Pete). That's just a fact of life when you can pick and choose kids from any town within an hour's drive. When CM gets motivated come tournament time they are just too much of a machine to stop. They compete with (and sometimes beat) top notch prep schools like St. Seb's. Any of the public schools play an ISL team and they will get crushed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crushed. Show crushed's posts

Reading's top line

I have to agree that it is next to impossible for any local team to play for a Super 8 title. I remember a few years back when a Hingham team had a ton of talent and depth but in the end the CC's are just so stocked. But I am proud of the kids that choose to stay with the HS hockey teams, They play for the pride of the town, they play for the residents and their children to show the whole spirit of the game. When you send your kid out to the CC's and privates it all changes. Playing for the "school" is not the same as playing for the "town". Some may argue that it gives them an opportunity to play with the best. I just point out the USA Olympic hockey and basketball teams. When they get on the "BIG" stage we get to see a bunch of individuals. The last great team I saw was a group from the *80's that not only beat the Russians but the following game beat the Fin's for the gold medal. Could you imagine what would happen if a HS coach went out with his bunch of "townies" and beat a "professional" CC team for the Super 8. It would be a shot heard round the world.

Sections
Shortcuts