super 8 outlook

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjim1234. Show jjim1234's posts

super 8 outlook

For those curious, the Committee votes on what they think are the best 10 MIAA schools in the state, regardless of Division, pucblic, catholic, conference, etc. They are ranked 1-10 by the committee. They could decide on 10 Catholics or 10 Publics, if they thought those were the best. A school gets nominated and debated, and then voted on. There are no quotas.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stim8ed. Show stim8ed's posts

super 8 outlook

Medford has not played Weymouth and does not play them this season. Weymouth is a lock if they do not lose one of their last three games: Milton, @ Braintree, and @ Arlington. If they lose to any of those teams they are out of the Super 8. It is just not possible to exclude them if they win those games and run the season with only one loss...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Dolfan,

There are no guidelines in place that say 4 catholics and 4 publics have to be in the field. There are on 6 seeds guaranteed and 4 play in for the final 2 so there is no way to determine the who makes the field anymore. You'll have CM, BC High, MC and SJP as 4 of the top 6 with 2 Publics. Then you'll have AP (they lost to CM & MC tied SJP) as a play in team with Central Catholic. They'll make them play each other to get to the final 8. You'll have 6 Catholics and 4 Publics (probably-Walthan, Weymouth, Reading, Woburn)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

thanks for talking some sense around here. It's nice to see someone else knows the process! Nice job

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

SJP, take off those Eagle blinders....The SJP Waltham game was 5-4 into the closing moments and SJP scored an empty netter. If Waltham wasn't playing well what does that say about SJP?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhorn617. Show longhorn617's posts

super 8 outlook

I have to agree. This is going to make things pretty interesting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Coyle Cassidy??? The 10 Teams will be

CM,SJP, BC, MC Austin Prep, Central Catholic, Woburn, Reading, Weymouth, Waltham and ??????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

I haven't see (heard) much about them. Do you think they could hang in this tourney? Maybe upset some one in the play in game??? I know in years pass some other suprising seeds have gotten in......Hey Boise State knocked off Oklahoma. who knows you could be right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

We'll the coaches beg to differ..... from speaking with some folks who were at the don't be surprise to see a sleeper team or 2 of the 5 Catholic powers have to play in the play in game.....The committe would love to see a BC High or Austin Prep type team knocked out early..... will be CM,SJP, MC, BC HIgh, Central, Reading, Weymouth, Woburn, Waltham (this is no particular order) I would say it will be tough for BC High to hold the 6 spot if Reading gives CM a good game. They finished in last place for the CC so how can they be seeded ahead of MC or SJP???Also MC should be leary of the St Marys trap game....they can't be caught looking ahead....If they do Bartlett will light the lamp before they even know what hit them! The 16 teams nominated for consideration, in alphabetical order and with records through WednesdayÆs games: Austin Prep (11-3-2); BC High (11-4-1); Catholic Memorial (12-1-2); Central Catholic (14-1-3); Coyle-Cassidy (14-1-1); Duxbury (10-5-3); Hingham (10-8-0); Malden Catholic (10-4-3); Needham (12-3-1); Reading (17-2-0); St. JohnÆs Prep (10-2-5); Springfield Cathedral (12-5-2); Waltham (14-2-1); Weymouth (17-1-0); Woburn (13-1-2); Xaverian (8-5-4).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

If you win the Catholic Central you're a lock for one of the 10 spots. Austin Prep has 3-4 stud players and one of the top goalies in the state. Look for the Cougars to be around come seeding time

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stim8ed. Show stim8ed's posts

super 8 outlook

Florida Roy...

AW=Archbishop Williams

I can't say what their record is this year, haven't heard or seen anything written about them :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

I agree about Central Catholic. They will be in the top 10 for sure. Please be aware the MC game against Billerica was a completely lopside game. MC out shot Billerica 44-19 and the ice was tilted. It was the first game of the season and it was probably the best thing that happened to MC all year. They game back and throttled Billerica 6-1 in the rematch

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonshortee. Show bostonshortee's posts

super 8 outlook

Well,let's not forget to put Arlington Catholic in the mix.The "Stout One" always cheats his way in ! Always abusing his position as committee member and MIAA jokester.Let's here the truth people!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Couldn't have said it better myself.......people forget how much influence Dan Shine (head coach AC) MIAA Super Eight Committe chair has.......he'll lobby for his team and tuck it to some of his rivals as well!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thopjen77. Show thopjen77's posts

super 8 outlook

Waltham won the game today,I don't know who the opponent was but they won.My nephews play for Waltham and I just heard from their Dad that they won.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

I agree with you Wey and Johnny M-The kid has his facts all wrong. If (and that's a big if) Reading was to knock off CM tomorrow I would make them the #1 seed EASY. Reading plays a very tough non league schedule and they have always played well against the big Catholic teams. Winchester just let up 59 shots against CM on Thursday and the ego maniac Hanson said his team played lousy. He can never open his GOD DAMN mouth and give credit to another team....The goalie from Winchester was outstanding and with a Winchester team who has 12 freshman/soph I would say they desrve a ton of credit for their showing. CM will come in pretty AMP'd up because Hanson wants to let everyone know who's boss come tourney time. If Reading beats them.....WOW it will get interesting!

The whole problem with the tournament set up is it's tough for any public team to win the Super 8 because the odds are stacked against them....they are better off having a Public Tourney and a Catholic tourney and the winners could square off for a 2 out of 3 Final.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Arlington Memorial rink-Arlington:
    Veteran's Memorial Rink
    422 Summer Street
    Arlington Ma. 02174
    From Route 2: Take Rte. 60 East, follow through Arlington Center until set of lights at Summer St. Take left, rink is mile down on left.

Awful place to park get their early

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

How much more can I break it down for you??? They do play a tough schedule Emass schedule but what did they do in that schedule? They went 5-2-6....That is hardly outstanding.....They should beat AC, Medford, Austin and Central Catholic if they want to be the #2 team.

In conference record against the top 2 teams CM#1 MC#3 they were 1-2-1, then against Xaverian and BC high they were 2-0-2 and they beating Xaverian twice. They tied Austin who has lost recently to Hingham and St. Bernards, the tied Medford who is average at best, AC who is average and tied Central Catholic who is a good team. Who were there big wins against??? NOT ties.....wins...I realize a tie isn't a loss but it is a WIN either. They beat MC and Xaverian thats about it. ....I'll even give you Arlington Catholic and Hingham.....but they are EXPECTED to beat them. SJS, Springfield Cathedral and Bellows Free and Notre Dame of West Haven is HARDLY a tough non league schedule.

They are a F R A U D team and they will be exposed come tourney time!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from thopjen77. Show thopjen77's posts

super 8 outlook

I will try to get ahold of my brother to see how they did today and post the score,good or bad.

Go Hawks

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

coyle cassidy and hingham were eliminated last night at the coaches meeting so Hingham has ZERO shot of making it into the top 10

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

MC 3 Westford Academy .............funny MC has a higher winning percentage than SJP, knocked off BC High and went undefeated against CM. If they are not one of the top 6 teams there should be an INVESTIGATION!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kapps. Show kapps's posts

super 8 outlook

i'm not sure if Xaverian has already been taken out of the question for the super 8, but if they haven't they certainly will be now, Braintree 3 Xaverian 1. Braintree gave Weymouth a great game too and was leading 2-1 with 6 mins left, talk about underacheivers

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Hingham and Coyle Cassidy were eliminated last Sunday. Needham didn't even make it to cut #2. The final 10 have been picked already all that is left to be determined is seeding. The 10 were

CM,BCH, MC, SJP, Central, Austin Prep, Woburn, Reading, Weymouth, Waltham.

Seedings will most likely look like this....BC High is getting huge support as the #2 seed. I don't agree this is what the should be but it is heading in that direction

1. CM

2. BC High

3. SJP

4. Reading

5. Weymouth

6.Woburn

7-10 are seeded by winning percentage.

7. Central

8. Waltham

9. MC

10. Austin Prep

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Actually if Waltham wins today they will be GUARANTEED a top 6 spot. End of season performance weighs heavy on the selection and if Waltham knocks off BC High they will be a top 6 easy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

BC HIgh should handle Waltham prett y easy......for MC's sake I hope BC High loses and it bumps MC to one of the top 6 seeds

Sections
Shortcuts