super 8 outlook

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

I agree to an extent. Winning the CCL is essentially a lock to the Super 8. Also you have Shine (CCL guy) as the Super 8 Chair and Paul Moran (AP Headmaster) as 2 of the 7 selection members. Also they firmed up the top 10 on Sunday and Austin Prep made the cut. I can tell you one thing they are as good as any of the non Catholic conference teams. They are a young tem with an ELITE goalie and 2 outstanding forwards.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Oh yeah the Billerica game was 4-1 in game 1 and then MC won the second game 6-1. They more than redeemed themselves.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

the seedings "haven't" been decided as of today. The 10 teams have already been determinded and as I have mentioned....there are a lot of inside jockeying going on and if BC High wins tonight they will be a 2 seed and I can guarantee you that MC will be in the play in game. As I mentioned once the play in teams are decided the final 4 seedings are determined by their winning % not the committee

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Xaverian was eliminated at cut down 2. I agree with you 100% but the system is COMPLETELY flawed and it leaves too many ??????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

thoroughly outplayed??? You must have missed the game....the game was EVEN across the board. SJP won with a late goal 6-5. SJP hasn't thoroughly outplayed anybody this year.....oh yeah they did Bellows Free Academy. The matchup has been DEAD even. You entitled to your opinion but you should really state the FACTS!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thopjen77. Show thopjen77's posts

super 8 outlook

I have been wondering about your rooting interest in Waltham,I have one because I graduated from there and two of Waltham's players are my nephews.

Class of '78

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

nicely done! They secured a top 6.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from galvao1. Show galvao1's posts

super 8 outlook

does not matter, no one beating CM, CHAMPS again!!! seen them play,exellent team!!! will step it up another notch come playoffs. sorry BCHIGH!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stim8ed. Show stim8ed's posts

super 8 outlook

Well, that means I need to rethink the last 4 teams and wait until the rest of the games are played. If the last 4 team are ordered by win % then a lot could change...

No time now, will post again later :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

cmbh-Absolutely outstanding analysis. Out of the 3 publics you can really only gauge one- Reading (who I think is the best public out there) because they have ventured out and played some solid non league games including two games against the CC. They did lose both and never really had a chance to win either. Woburn didn't even play a non league game until this week (struggled against Milton)so there is nothing to measure them up against either...Weymouth had a strong regular season but has also been essentially untested. The odds (like you said 1 Public in 20 yrs-Medford with Shawn Bates) are stacked against them. I can tell you one thing too.....there isn't a Shawn Bates on any of the Public rosters either.They will need to knock off 2 top Catholics just to make it out of the prelimins. It looks like CM & SJP could be in one bracket and MC & BC High in the other. That will take a YOMAN effort just to split. Then throw in Central and AP possibly and you have a huge hill to climb!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

do a little homework. Hanson has mentioned this as well.....this is one of CM LEAST PHYSICAL teams ever. They don't bully around anyone in the physicality department. If you watched the Reading game you would have seen that front and center......CM never even responded with the body when their captain was laid out with a cheap shot. They have beat teams this year with talent not physical play. I mean their best player is Colluci and he's 5'7 135 who is he going to muscle? Collins and Rosata aren't physical either. BCH and MC have the 2 most physical teams in the state.....MC has outmuscled CM twice this year and it was evident on the scoreboard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

he's a stud with a good chance of being a solid draft pick this summer

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thopjen77. Show thopjen77's posts

super 8 outlook

Gotta love that Hawks talk,

I can't wait to see when they play in the SUPER 8 so that I can drive down from Maine to watch the Brothers Hopkins and their high-flying friends play.I am not taking away from the rest of the team,just sending my nephews a little luck.

Class of '78

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

when did an ELBOW to the head become a clean hit??? He left his feet and cleaned him out with a FULL ELBOW to the head. I was at the game as well and the referee saw it the same way. #19 from Reading is the dirtiest player in the area and has no b*lls outside the neutral zone. He was a coward the whole game@!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

as the NHL Central Scouting bureau what they think about him and get back to me. You give Medford a bad name with comments like that.....he gets a scholarship to a D1 school in one of the best conferences in the country and you make comments like that???? wake up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from therick9. Show therick9's posts

super 8 outlook

worldwidetixx, I was at the Reading-CM game, and in my opinion the hitwas clean. I was next to some CM fans and they thought it wasclean as well. It just looked bad becuase Noonan had his headdown the entire way. I think the ref just acted on instinct andcalled the penalty because he got laid out. Kiley just came inand delivered a real big hit that I and many others believed wasclean.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Kiley is an excellent offensive player but he plays a C O W A R D L Y game. Noonan had just caught the pass in front of the bench was going to make a change and Kiley left his feet and caught him with a STRAIGHT ELBOW; there was ZERO SHOULDER it was 100 % ELBOW. I was in the press box right above the play and it was a dirty and cowardly hit. The kid plays one way and one way only when he is defending his zone he is non existent and avoids any and all contact from the neutral zone in he hits......or chases the opportunity to hit some one when they are exposed. Noonan had his head straight up looking to dump the puck.....he in NO WAY had his head down. He did get laid out if it was a clean hit they both would have gone down. Kiley led with his elbow and reached out and took his head off. It should have been a major with INTENT to injure. When a kid makes a hit like that there is one motive only........................to injure! I am one for physical contact but the dirty play needs to stay home and that includes the knee to the groin that was put on #20 Toz

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

unfortunately not much they were one of the 10 finalist anyways. It saved Arlington Catholic from missing the playoffs for the first time in 15 years!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

As usual you are extremely MISGUIDED #1 I am not a reporter just an extremely informed and skilled observer of the game.....being around it at the HIGHEST LEVEL I have learned a thing or two about physical play#2 The hit was plain DIRTY, was called a penalty, should have been a game misconduct and has NO PLACE in the game. IMO it was extremely cowardly and he is EASILY one of the dirtiest players around. He will never hit some one head up or square,,,,,,that play was the equivlant to a DRIVE BY! He hitt and then looked for cover the rest of the day. It was a very SOPHMORIC PLAY, his immaturity showed with that play and his Mickey the Dunce routine after the play. As I mentioned I was DIRECTLY above the hit and saw it as CLEAN as day.....maybe from the other side of the ice it didn't look clean. The referee was right next to the play along the CM boards and saw it straight on..I PROMISE you it was DIRTY!#3 He has 66 points for a COMBINATION of reasons (he's a good player, he plays with 2 other solid players, and then throw in the fact he plays in the Middlesex League. It easy to look at his performances against the top teams Reading played this year...Woburn, Winchester, BC High & CM) How many points did he have in th games that meant anything? 2 of the top 3 players on Reading are Dman and all you hear about is the first line.

As for theire style in the defensive zone Kiley was a -2 against CM and in watching them play a handful of times this season it obvious what they do and why they will not put up anything meaningful in the Super 8......They allow a player to hang.....they have 2 outstanding defenseman who carry the puck and look to catch the opposition in an odd man rush. The play was a BANG BANG play and he was FRUSTRATED and threw an ELBOW, PLAIN and simple, ELBOW......he is just fortunate that CM has an average team in the physicality department. If this was years past it would have gotten out of control QUICKLY. I have seen Reading try to play this style in years past against CM and it just doesn't work. The kids are burnt out after a period because Doherty plays 1 line the whole game. This was obviously a mistake because their second line was actually solid and could hang with CM's other line.

Also a highman is as a FLOATER.................they did it all day and it yeiled NOTHING! Any good team will eat that up and it left Reading exposed in their defensive zone because they were always a man short......plus Kiley doesn't like to work for the puck

As for the Drury hit please do me a favor and don't compare a MIAA game to the NHL.....It's like comparing a donkey to a RACE HORSE. Kind of like your analysis..... Stop by Dynamic and ask Peter what he thought of the hit.........I guarantee you he thought it was a penalty and if it happened with a CM kid running Kiley you would be seeing things COMPLETELY the other way.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

reporting funny when someone is knowledgable he is a reporter....Kman do me a favor hussle up there is a spill on aisle 3!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

The comparison isn't really even close between Collucci and Rosata. Collucci is a top 10 player in the state and is a Freshman. He'll be a D1 player and as you mentioned Rosata is a D3 player. I am looking at Collucci from a couple different perspectives.....forecasting him out the next 3 years and where he is right now. He is one of the smartest most skilled players that I have ever seen at CM and he is a freshman centering the top line for the best team in the state. I was at the game with the GM of a top QMJHL team and he was truly impressed with his poise and his skill. I understand you watch alot of hockey as well and it's apparent you know your stuff but there is little denying Collucci. I have been around enough war rooms to rate talent. Does your friend work for Don? I worked with him for Quebec for 4 years. I agree about the CSB to a point.....the CSB as a whole maybe flawed but it does provided a soild gauge in terms of players......let's not leave out a key equation between Heff and Biega and that is academics. There is a reason why Biega is going to Harvard. It is difficult when you look at 17-18 year olds and you try to see how they'll prject as 20 yr olds.....but I can tell you one thing Heff will be drafted this year and will be one of the first New England High Schoolers taken.....I'm not saying he is a future NHL All Star but he made the right decision with Merrimack....he'll jump in right away, get a ton of ice time, be in a program he can handle and showcase his talent every night against the iron of college hockey.

I agree with you on AP but they will be in....they will be a play in team and will be in every game with their goalie. I

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Unfortunately I haven't seen Weymouth this season....but it's hard to look past them. they have an outstanding record and have beaten everyone on their schedule.....I have always professed you can't beat a team unless it's on the schedule and they'll get their chance.I rate them #2 behind Reading. I see the 4 publics as Reading, Weymouth, Waltham & Woburn. Waltham has looked strong but lost both games to Catholic Non league teams-CC (SJP & BCH).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

another thing to mention is Beiga is a winger...

New England Players in the CSB rankings are

Synder 210

Heffernan 164

Killorn 64

Franklin 158

Glass 110

Marshall 39

Biega 182

Carey 94

Gibbons 106

Mackenzie 67

Lavin 128

Shattenkirk 13**Absolute STUD should be a first rounder

Farnham from Andover is also a player to watch....

Also Muse and Gates for Goalies

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

I knew they lost but didn't they avenge their only defeat?? That's what I meant by beating everyone

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Heffernan is also the only High School player projected to be drafted out of Massachusetts outside of the Prep Privates

Sections
Shortcuts