super 8 outlook

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

I'm just having fun with him....no fighting going on here. GUN It.....look me up after the Super 8....maybe I can hook you up with some seats to a NASCAR event. We can have a couple cold ones and shoot empty cans afterwards. I just call it the way I see it and it's pretty clear to me.They are overated. We'll fine out soon enough!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Bracket 1: No. 1 Catholic Memorial; No. 4 Malden Catholic; No. 5 Weymouth; No. 8 Waltham/CC
    Bracket 2: No. 2 St. JohnÆs Prep; No. 3 BC High; No. 6 ; No. 7 Woburn/AP The brackets are already set. Tonights play in winners go to their respective brackets above.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

wrong on all of the above....I should have known that you were a typical elitest that thinks he's a big shot because his mom and dad made some money and moved to a white brick house along the Spaghetti belt (north shore-That's were greasers with a couple dollars take up residence). Talk to me when you accomplish more than being a italian wannabe gangsta driving a car that you Papa bought and stuffing your face with the cannolis Nonna made you!@

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

agreed on the shootout. It was a tough ending for Woburn....Both goalies played extremely well and it was a shame to see one go home with a loss after stopping everything thrown at them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

5:oo and 7:00 at the Chelmsford Forum

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

you're not serious right? You talk in one sentence that a goal is a goal correct? I have never once said MC beat the Prep. They have played MC 3 times in the last 12 months and every game has been DEAD even. Sometimes the scoreboard doesn't tell the whole story and that is a FACT! You can disagree with it but unless you sit there and look at the game OBJECTIVELY you'll see it plain as the nose on your face!

Then you say the prep lost 2 games? Really they loss 3 GAMES..You then say the 3rd was to a team from CT.....A loss is a loss and they had 3. If a loss out of state doesn't count than we might as well throw out the two wins in VT correct? So that means the Prep had 9 wins!! Then let's look at the ties...... 6 ties.....In any other sport on any other planet 2 ties is the EQUIVLANT to 1 loss.....so if that's the case...give them 3 more wins. They are 12 wins in state and 5 losses. How is that worthy of a #2 seed? There wins have been against SUSPECT teams.....they beat up on the weaker teams and could knock off the iron. The iron of the CCL was CM, MC and BCH and they went 1-2-3. That is a FACT not a subjective opinion but a FACT.................Xaverian folded like a cheap suit down the stretch.

Come talk to me after the super 8 when they get knocked out and they show their true colors. Something tells me you'll be NO WHERE to be found!

Fact is MC had 29 points and SJP had 28.....BC High had 30 and SJP had 28.......CM had 30 and SJP had 28......see the trend here. They weren't the second best team in the state and are not worthy of a 2 seed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

why is one's age relevant to this? Novels? I'm sitting here at LaQuardia waiting for my flight back to Logan. I would say that responding via my blackberry is hardly a novel.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dforce. Show dforce's posts

super 8 outlook

Sounds rather logical to me

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

wey-You really think the Weymouth goalie played well? I think he is there only weakness. He wasn't really tested at all and when he was he gave up 2 goals. MC's problem all year long is they can't put the puck in the OCEAN! MC was lucky to have 5 quality chances. Weymouth has 3 of the best lines I've seen from a team all year. Their first line is ENORMOUS and they are a very agressive forechecking team. They clear out the slot extremely well.....How many point blank shots did MC have? Not many and when they did they did nothing with them...Sheppard#17 beat him cold to start the 2nd period and rang it off the crossbar......Then shortly after Dimare had him beat and missed a wide open net on the far side. MC was defintely dominated for the majority of the game and never really got going. They did shut Dimare down even though he had 2 assists. MC's best line was it's 3rd and it was unfortunate that their "leaders" didn't show up to play until about 4 minutes left in the game. #15 Serino was the best player on the ice and he got by on hard work and alot of heart. I think Weymouth has a shot at knocking off CM. they match up very well; they are hands down a much more physical bunch. The team I seeing giving them trouble is BC High if they get through to the next round. I'll tell you though I think the late goal will haunt Weymouth in the differental. CM should go 3-0 and I see the other 3 coming in a 1-2 and the differental unfortunately coming into play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Wey-I see him as the weakness and I hope he doesn't come back to hurt you. MC defintely wasn't looking past Weymouth, They hadn't played a game (did scrimmage the Jr Blackhawks) in 8 days. They defintely played tight-but I think that was more the defensive style of Weymouth. I would love to see Weymouth upset CM but I just see CM putting up some goals and Weymouth being a little in awe. Weymouth needs to keep it close.....If they get beat up by CM I see them having a rough go of it with Central. CM should pound Central tonight 5,6-0 and I see it all riding on the Weymouth CM game. I see MC throttling Central and making a statement after a terrible showing in game 1. They will then need to keep it close or beat CM to back into the next round

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from therick9. Show therick9's posts

super 8 outlook

I know I'm not tixx, but I think I'll chime in on the weymouth/reading debate.

Reading can be a great team at times, but they make too many mistakesto beat the top Catholics. Take last night for example. Thescore was 0-0 after the first period and shots and scoring chances wereabout even. Then, in the second period, Reading had too manybreakdowns and good teams capitalize on them. My personal opinionis that Reading is slightly more talented at the top than Weymouth, butWeymouth is the more solid team and does a better job limiting theirmistakes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

weymouth would kick the sh*T out of Reading. It wouldn't even be close. Reading is lazy and if there first line doesn't get going they take the night off. I would expect a 6-1, 5-2 game much like BC High did last night. Weymouth and BC High are very similar teams. I follow hockey in general for some Pro, college & junior programs(QMJHL, AJHL & EJHL) . I follow the CCL, CC & ISL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

MC would have to go 2-1 or 1-2 and hope the other 2 teams (Central & Weymouth) go 1-2. It would then go down to goal differental and then 3 other tie breakers.....luckily they would win on tie breaker #4 seeding over both teams.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from therick9. Show therick9's posts

super 8 outlook

yeah, so do I....It would not be 6-1 or 5-1.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Readings biggest problem is they are LAZY, Lazy and Lazy!! The goalie is the weakest in the Super 8.....the top line is young and shows it....they don't play in the biggest games because they are completely overmatched and seem to have little desire on the ice. I mean #19 Kiley didn't start playing until the 3rd period when he caught a quick breakout pass. The game wasn't as close as the scoreboard showed it was a complete DOMINATION.

Weymouth has 3 solid lines and they are all pretty equal. Reading is ONE line and that's it....after that its a JV team. Reading isn't even the #2 Public team. I would say they are probably maybe 3rd if not 4th. Weymouth is by far the best... F A R better than Reading. I see it as Weymouth, Waltham, Woburn and then Reading.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

I hope they blow out SJP but I don't see that happening anymore. They can't play with the elite teams.....from what I've seen so far and I have seen quite a few games of the 4 top Publics Waltham, Reading, Weymouth, Woburn they are #4. I have seen them play the Middlesex league teams and the elite and there first line is non existent. I was really disappointed in the game I expected some more out of Reading and they seemed uninspired and flat.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

they could advance if they go 1-2, and CC goes 1-2 and Weymouth goes 1-2.....it will all go down to differental

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from therick9. Show therick9's posts

super 8 outlook

AP 2 - SJP 1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

A #10 team in a #2 seeds jersey! Maybe know they will realize what I have been saying all along! AP is a weak team they had their hands full with an AVERAGE Woburn team!! #2 seed I mean are you kidding me?? 1 and done. they may not even win one game in this tourney!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

AP is a average to weak team. I give them a C+ and that's only because of Casey in net. ....without him C- at BEST!they deserved to be in but they are a W E A K team. they do have an outstanding goalie and 2 solid playmakers. They couldn't score against Woburn who was average and they looked lousy all night....Woburn shouldn't have even gotten in -Springfield Cathedral should have had the 10 seed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Sully-agreed........The 4 teams coming out will be CM, BC High, Austin Prep and MC. I know everyone will think I'm crazy but MC will blow out CC,,,,,Weymouth will lose 5,6-0 to CM and tthen drop a heart breaker to CC. MC will back in to the last spot off goal differental and get knocked out by BC High in the crossover!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

We can agree to disagree...The bracket will look like this

CM 3-0

Weymouth 1-2

MC 1-2

CC 1-2

MC will play CM closer (1 goal loss)and Weymouth will lose by 5 goals to CM.

MC squeaks by with the first tiebreaker which is GOAL DIFFERENTAL ( should be head to head) and the flaws of the tourney will show it's true colors!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

why is it so difficult for people to look at games and teams objectively? Anyone who has watched hockey this year OBJECTIVELY has seen some of the following. It is a bad situation when CM has one of their weker team in recent years and they blow out another so called "Super 8" team 10-1.

The gap between the seeds are SIGNIFCANT this year and the differences between CM & BC High (clearly the top 2 seeds) and the field will be easy to see ......the majority of the teams are average.....plain and simple.

Breakdown the top 8-

CM A- Obviously the best team in the state but not one of the strongest CM teams 16 Titles in 20 years is tough to even warrant a discussion to the contrary.

BC High B+CM's usual bridesmaid. Solid overall team but still not in the class of CM.

SJP C- Been saying it all year long they haven't really had a good win all year EXCEPT against MC. They haven't competed in the Super 8 or any top level since 1985

MC C+ Probably the most disappointing team in the Super 8. They have proven that when they prepare and play a physical uptempo style they can hang with anyone. they are the only team in the field to beat BC High and CM. They had the toughest first round draw #4 seeed against #5 seeded 19-1 Weymouth. They were clearly outplayed but I don't think we have seen or heard the last of them.

Reading D- When will someone realize the Middlesex League is what it is....a second tier high school league in Massachusetts? Why does Reading get so much hype? They haven't done a thing outside their league EVER and have only shown they can beat up on the weaker opponents. They have over inflated stats that are used to hype them up to unfair levels and the expectations are placed on kids that are not attainable. How do you expect 3 SOPHMORES to compete against the best teams? They are good players.....I stress GOOD, not great. Reading has also ALWAYS suffered from weak goaltending.

Weymouth C+ (but could easily be a solid B)-Very tough team to gauge. They looked outstanding in Game#1.....went 19-1 in the regular season (beat EVERYONE on their schedule so far), extremely well coached. Obviously have a TON of confidence and should advance to the crossover provided they can knock off Central. They will come back to planet earth when they play CM who will be well rested after Wednesday's sleeper.

Central Catholic D- They have been overhyped this year as well. How do you look at a team that got blown out by ST Marys 7-2 a week ago and call them a Super 8 team? How do you expect them to perform against a bracket of CM, MC, & Weymouth? I think they get respect simply because the word CATHOLIC is in thier name! they would have struggled in the D1 tournament let alone the Super 8

Austin Prep C- #2 Preseason ranking? That was a joke to begin with....what told anyone they would be a #2 seed? That same ranking placed CM #3!!! How did that work out for you.They do have the best goalie in the tournament and that can carry you in this format. But after Fitzpatrick and Gaudet they have little else. They have played average all year and lost to teams they should have beaten.....Hingham, St Bernards just to name a couple that expose what they really are.....a average team. Nothing exciting and never really a threat to the top teams.Austin Prep dominated a traditionally strong CCL???? Yes the conference has been traditionally strong but what does that have to do with this years team? Conference is nothing like it used to be (though it maybe the 2nd best conference in the state).

Open your eyes folks.....but down your pom poms and look at things rOBJECTIVELY and stop trying to put LIPSTICK on a PIG!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Noah-How did their JV program do ??? They got swept by MC. I agree CM is loaded but don't overlook MC in the next 2-3 years. 70 freshman/sophmores tried out for MC this years Frosh/JV team. They carried their best freshman on JV and varsity.........They have made huge strides in a short time and have miles still to go......but then again every team in the state does compared to CM. The difference is they measure themselves up against CM and it has showed...They realistically should have beaten CM twice..They were up by 2 goals in game 1 and squandered the lead. I like MC's chances against CM, they have proven that if they prepare properly for a team they can beat anyone. I think the odds are against them.....I can't ever remember CM not beating a team in 3 tries??? The percentages go down every time they meet.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

I'll tell you there is an internal struggle on the team between 2 off their top players. They started the season off flat and kind off played average until the 2nd period of the 1st CM game. The coach broke up the first line and over the next few games tried to see what he had....they found a mix with 7 games left and the line took OFF 7-0 and the first line had 45 points in 7 games. In the last game there was some bad feelings again and the line was broken up. He put them back together with 4-5 mins to go in the 3rd and they scored a goal. I was shocked to see how this impacted the team as a whole. He is an OUTSTANDING coach and transformed a sub 500 team into a Super 8 team in record time. They went to the North Finals and lost a 1 goal game to SJP and Super 8 in his second. Not to mention they knocked off BC and CM in the same year??? It makes no sense......he has 2 sons and his youngest was the best player on the ice Tuesday night....He was all over the place scored a goal and created chaios the entire game.....The parents have no gripe he is playing on the 3rd line with another soph and a STUD freshman. The goalie kept them in the game but the 3rd line was instrumental as well keeping it as close as it was.

Sections
Shortcuts