super 8 outlook

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Noah-You're right on the money. He is a tactician of the game and has been through the top levels of hockey. He was the assistant at UNH with Umile and head coach at Merrimack. The thing that makes him good is he is a tremendous person, leader and expects the best from his players through out the program.....he expects it in the classroom and on the ice. I would be shocked if they don't rebound. They should dominate CC and they have to knock off CM or hope Weymouth loses their next 2.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Umile was there Tuesday night for him. Umile and Chris are like brothers.....They are both great people. Did you play with the short kid that was lights out?? His name keeps escaping me???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

I hear you....I was never sweating it for a minute. I was happy for AP; seeing I have some very close ties there. I didn't expect to hear from them. .....They probably have cheering practice so the can win the Super 8 Cheering competition!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Jamie Venezia!! That was his name played for UConn

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Wey-LOL! I am just trying to paint the picture for everyone. Im surprised you never mentioned Tim Sweeney is a Weymouth coach?? He is a great addition to the staff.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from supersoph. Show supersoph's posts

super 8 outlook

I see AP's win as a sign that SJP was very overrated (not surprising) as the they always have been a bottom tier Super 8 school at best. AP is stingy but not very talented save for the Gaudets. Reading is done like dinner as they gag against the Catholics and the goaltending is too mediocre to carry them to an upset. Great first line but their other lines are not CathConf/Super 8 quality. I look for AP and BCH to get thru in that bracket with BCH 3-0 AP 2-1 Reading 1-2 SJP 0-3

In the other bracket, Central embarassed themselves, their league, the committee and Waltham. A big setback for the DSC in geting any futures invites. In short they dont belong. I like Weymouth as the 2nd team with there 2-1 victory over MC. CM 3-0 Wey 2-1 MC 1-2 CC off the map

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Wey-they are good fans.....great fans would have been on here today keeping the faith. They are typical FRONT RUNNERS!

Little tidbit- MC had a practice today and the boys were thrown off the ice because they looked so terrible. This is going to go one way or the other for them....I expect them to respond accordingly. They'll no going into their game Sunday night wether or not they have a chance. if Weymouth loses to CM they at least know they control their own destiny.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

tricky call....I liked Reading to upset them earlier but after seeing Reading for the 2nd straight game get completely dominated by the Catholic Conference I don't see it happening. SJP should come out flying and pull out a 3-2 type game. These games are tough with the differental coming into play you never now (last night was a perfect example 10-1) what the coaches will do. The differental hurts Weymouth because CM is not going to risk anything with the MC game and try to pile on the goals. That to me spells trouble.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from therick9. Show therick9's posts

super 8 outlook

MedicineHat..you are correct. As much as I love catching a goodhigh school game, the level of play at the prep games is great towatch.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

if it's true it's a MINIMUM 2 game suspension and Weymouth will be in SERIOUs trouble...He was there achilles already so I imagine the back up will be sub par. You can't expect a untested goalie to come in against CM and pull off a game. This is tragic if it's the case.. unless you are a LANCER FAN!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

understood. But at the very least MIAA I believe is 2 games???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

SJP-Was it ever really a question?? What has SJP done in the last 22 years to show they are better than SJP in hockey?? Don't tell me about swimming, chess, fencing, calculus or the glee club. BC has been the 2nd best team in the area for the last 8-10 years. Unfortunately for them they have had to battle the juggernaut that is called CM for the last 20!! SJP is a decent team, not good, not great and NOT CAPABLE of competing in the top tier of this tourney. They had the 1st round gift wrapped with Austin and Reading and they choked on it like a SJP student playing the kazoo at the tourney time!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmz2434. Show jmz2434's posts

super 8 outlook

you wnaa talk about an upset

talk about ap over "the prep" ...hell of a game that was

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmz2434. Show jmz2434's posts

super 8 outlook

best goalie in the super 8

ryan casey from austin prep.....that kid comes to play everygame day in day out

and the 9-1 game vs cm earlier this season was a fluke cuz thatr was one game...im sure if we played cm now it would be much low scoring

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

hockeyRM08-I need some help here.......First of all Reading has 2 solid defenders #6 and #7. They could play for alot of teams in the CC or the CCL. The 2nd defense pairing is decent nothing special. The problem with the team has NOTHING to do with the 2nd line......The problem lies in the FIRST LINE-They are so overhyped you would think that Crosby and Malkin are out there in Reading Rocket jersey's.They dominate the bottom dwellers and all of a sudden they are All Americans/ The first line is as overused as they are over hyped! They are 3 SOPHMORES who play like SOPHMORES. They shine in the Middlesex league because as you can see by the leagues performance in the Super 8 it is a good public school league (maybe one of the top 3 depending on the year) but they just don't have the talent to hang with the big boys. That being said not too many teams can hang with the big boys (CM& BC High). Reading has NEVER had GOALTENDING; then again there aren't very many talented goalies in Mass High School Hockey or the Super 8. I would say that the 3 best goalies this year have been Casey, Heffron and Jay) As for the second line they are more than ADEQUATE....the problem is they don't get on the ice enough because the coaching staff plays the first line over 50% of the game. Skate 3 lines and maybe you'll give yourself a chance.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcos. Show pcos's posts

super 8 outlook

Why do they play tomorrow and then not play again until next Sun.? That is terrible scheduling.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmz2434. Show jmz2434's posts

super 8 outlook

the teams need a few days to regain their legs back....i dont play obv but just from seeing the games i bet the guys legs are dying by the third period and ur runnin on adrenaline

i think 3-4 days is good enough.,.,....but a week, its just too long for the players and the fans

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcspike. Show mcspike's posts

super 8 outlook

I'd guess the goalie's suspension is not just one game, rather 4-5, plus if it ain't broke dont fix it. Play the soph and try to ride him to a title. Also, I agree about Mike Tuplin. He is an even better kid than a defenseman, which is hard to imagine.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Wey & Noah-1st off Wey-You're boys are outstanding.....They play some of the best team hockey around. Also check you notes.....I did predict Weymouth to lose by 5 goals but I did say I wouldn't be surprised if Weymouth matched up well against the. I told you CM can't play the physical game (at least not this years squad) and Weymouth would be trouble for anyone. The only team I don't like them against is BC High. BC High plays the physical game to match Weymouth. As for the scenarios----I am shocked at how pitiful MC responded tonight. They controlled their own destiny and had a chance to advance with a win tonight and next week over CM......They could have sent CM home! The only 3 teams that are still in play (unless MC beats CM 10-0) are

Weymouth 2-0 (+2 goal differental)

CM 1-1 (+ 8 goal differental)

CC 1-1 (-4 goal differental)

Weymouth wins they are seed #1......If CM wins and Weymouth loses in all likelihood CM will be the #1 seed because of the differental. If CM loses and Weymouth loses it would come don to the differntal between the teams and the 9 goal loss to CM kills CC. I can't see CC beating Weymouth. I like Weyouth as the #1 seed and they should easily dispatch SJP or Austin and face the CM/BC High winner. I like a Weymouth BC final.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tfp15. Show tfp15's posts

super 8 outlook

I saw the CM Weymouth game. Weymouth out played and out hit CM. Is #6 Tuplin going D 1 next year? I thought he was the best player on the ice.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Wey- I agree with you on the fan support....Weymouth's section was packed they had the entire side of the rink filled to capacity. It is a great story for the city and the sport of high school hockey. I think that CM thought they were going to roll over Weymouth and midway through the first period they realized they were in a DOG FIGHT! Weymouth is a frustrating team for a good offense...every player is in the right place, they cycle the puck, they forecheck UNMERCIFULLY and they have a very solid D. As for Central Catholic...their first line had almost 50 points each including #21 Jaskot who is outstanding. I would be very surpised if they knock off Weymouth...they do have the speed to carry the puck through the smothering Defense but I don't think they have the skill. MC had close to 50 shots in the game against them and as I have been saying early on they cnat put the puck in the ocean. Weymouth's forwards jump all over their scoring opps and finish them. I think you'll see Weymouth and CM and BCH and Austin Prep. I mean will Reading show up after already being eliminated? Can SJP beat BC High? SJP look fair yesterday. The final score wasn't indicitative of the game it was a 1 goal game with 2-3 mins left and Reading had a chance to tie it up. SJP will have their hands full with BC High and I don't see them beating them......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Wey-I thought you would appreciate Hansons comments on WeymouthôItÆs got nothing to do with the goaltender, other than the fact that he was part of A TEAM à that just completely outplayed us, man-to-man, 1-on-1, battle-to-battle, every aspect of the game,ÆÆ Hanson said. ôThey beat us because theyÆre a better hockey team than we are, no question about it.ö I almost fell out of my chair that HANSON (egomaniac) actually gave out a compliment to another team......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjim1234. Show jjim1234's posts

super 8 outlook

I'v eseen Hanson give out compliments to other teams before. I think he does it as a bit of gamesmanship. Pissing off his players, and trying to pump up the opposition to make them cocky. Would it work? Not necessarily, but worth a try. Despite the loss, the multi-elimination format gives CM a second life, and we'll see how they respond. Nice job by a public.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

agreed-That's the bad part of this format for a team like Weymouth. In all likelihood they need to knock of a CM & BC high 3 times. But hey if they pull that off it will be one of the best high school sports stories in recent history !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

hockeyRM08- Reading-Still alive?? Put down your Bagel World Coffee and understand this is an EXTREME longshot.That's like saying MC is still alive.....Because technically if they beat CM 7-0 and the Central bus doesn't make it to Tsongas and Weymouth wins 1-0 by forefit they will advance.. Reading is -6, SJP+2 and BC High +10. BC High should win against SJP- they look like the best team so far and SJP hasn't done much to show they will beat BCH. If this happens the following would need to happen for Reading to adavnce..... They would need to beat Austin by 8 goals(If BCH wins by one) 7 goals (if BCH wins by two), etc etc to make up the differental against SJP. They then would win the tie breaker agains SJP and AP. Austin Prep and BCH are in the drivers seat. Reading hasn't shown a thing in this tourney and I can tell you it will be AWFULLY hard to motivate a team that is essentially playing an exhibition game.

Sections
Shortcuts