super 8 outlook

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from spilly. Show spilly's posts

super 8 outlook

"As for Weymouth, i think it is a fantastic win. Excellent for high school hockey and the town of Weymouth. It will make hockey a big time sport there."

Hockey is already is a big sport in Weymouth. There's a decent sized youth hockey program, not forgetting that others moved to the CDL and other private programs. Weymouth is not a flash in the pan, as many here think. It's taken these kids alot of work to get to this point, after years of playing, and not just in high school. Give them credit, they deserve it.

Go Wild Cats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from supersoph. Show supersoph's posts

super 8 outlook

BC High and SJP in a tie. Reading handily beats AP. I thought CC was the weakest team in Super 8 but it now appears to be AP. A couple of good nailbiters in the first 2 but I think the BCH game was more indicative of their depth challenged squad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

there are no ties in the Super 8 format. Regulation, 8 minute OT and then 5 shooters in shootout, the sudden death shootout

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Hockey202-I agree with the majority of what you said regarding the board. People should be happy for all the athletes for the way they perform in these tournaments. It's a testament to the parents and the players for the sacrifies they make during their development. The majority of the kids in any of the program have strong character....kids make mistakes on every program no matter private,public or catholic.

Addressing the hockey-there is no doubt from what I have seen this year that Weymouth is hands down the BEST TEAM in the state. That doesn't mean they'll be a lock to win the tourney but the are defintely a TEAM 12-13 seniors gelling together at the right time and seizing their opportunity. They still have a YOMAN effort to even reach the finals and win lose or draw they defintely showed up to play and played well!

The facts are clear though that the VAST majority of the best hockey players play outside the public ranks. There is no comparison between the ISL/Preps with Public Schools or the Catholics. The fact of the matter if you are player and you play in the summer leagues/ camps etc and the big coach's come calling it is a FACT that the kids will listen. The education that these kids receive are also on the fore front for parents.....how can you argue with the fact that these kids have amazing opportunity both athletically and scholastically? When a cities and towns keep cutting budgets who do you think suffers? The kids do offer a nice boost for the cities and towns and they should be applauded for their effort....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Wey and Noah- There are 5 kids on the CM roster from Weymouth which I believe is the most of any one city/town

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tfp15. Show tfp15's posts

super 8 outlook

I have not followed high school hockey for a few years but where are all the top players going? I remember when CM used to send 4 lines 6 defenseman and 2 goalies to division one schools. I am not sure if CM has any kids going division 1 this year. I was impressed witht the way Weymouth handled CM but that is not a great CM team. The best team in CM history was the 1992 team. That team would have beat this years CM team by 10 goals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmz2434. Show jmz2434's posts

super 8 outlook

ppl must not look past ap thinkin 7-0 is a write off of their season...see them storm through reading...remember the schools are ten minutes from each other....theres bragging rights on the line

ap 4

reading 2

sjp 1

bc high 3

weymouth vs ap

central catholic vs bc high

hate me for saying central is still in it....i still believe in the underdogs

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from djg1317. Show djg1317's posts

super 8 outlook

interesting how reading becomes a great team wen u need them to win. and as far as the first lines go; two from ap will play college hockey ( Gaudet BU in 09, Fitzpatrick d3 proly), and one of the better freshman in the state and cam Guadet. On the reading first line Kiley looks sick but that tozlowsky kid is slow and racked up points by standing in front of the net against smaller weaker kids in his league. Reading will put up a couple b/c aps D isn't strong, but not enough to win.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Weymouth will be the #1 seed and their bracket and BC High will be #1 in their bracket so they won't meet BC High until the final (if that even happens). Weymouth would steamroll Austin Prep.....I don't know who said Gaudet is going to BU in 09??? Where do these people come up with stuff? He is undecided right now what Prep school he'll even attend and I can tell you one thing if doesn't put up #'s in Prep school he will have a hard time playing D2 let alone ANY Hockey East School.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

I can't see Central beating Weymouth-I don't put any stock in their game against MC. MC played terrible from the opening whistle and never got going. They wer totally deflated after dropping the opener to Weymouth. There is nothing that I have seen that tells me Weymouth will lose on Sunday. I agree with your picks BC over SJP and AP over Reading (I don't think these teams have ever played each other-which is a joke seeing they are in town teams) . I like MC over CM; they will come out to play for respectability and look back at what could have been,,,,,,plus I can't wait to hear the arguements when the 3 teams come in at 1-2 and there is gray area in the rules! Mark my words if they have a 3 way tie it is going to get EXTREMELY ugly!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from djg1317. Show djg1317's posts

super 8 outlook

gaudet isnt playing preps next year, he is playing for one of the many junior teams that want him to play for them. Parker told him he would have a spot for him in 09

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Kiley is a REACH to play D1-he is talented but he is the LAZIEST skater on the ice. He skates in 8's all day and I haven't seen him break a sweat......NO EFFORT at all and that won't fly at the next level. Toz#20 has the best chance of playing D1 on his SIZE ALONE, he's a big boy who can shoot....he needs to work on his skating because he is very slow of foot. #7 isn't a D1 player....to small, not physical enough but an excellent skater. I would actually like him to play forward. He is the best skater and has the best hands but is a REACH to play D1.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Noah-I agree completely -It's unfortunate that MC fell apart after such a great season and reaching the Super 8 for the first time...A couple things probably hurt them along the way. They should have been the #3 seed (not that it would have defintely made a difference) and been in the easier of the 2 brackets. They as you can see got the toughest of the opener in the tourney and thought they (like most ) would steamroll Weymouth and the bracket would be them and CM. They woke up midway through the second period of the first game and realized "sh$t" we are in a dog fight......it shows how even they are with CM this year. Although being outplayed for 2/3rds of the game actually had the better of the scoring opportunities against Weymouth (CM was never in the game). they had destiny in their hands for a second time and didn't even show up to play.....When you have a influx of new talent into a program (over the past 2 years) the JR's & SR's have a hard time dealing with the fact that some underclassman are better then them and if they aren't "character" guys you are in for problems.

I expect at least one problem come Sunday with "gray area" it has happened every year and this will be no different with 6 of the 8 teams being 1-2 and 2 being 3-0. They teach sportmanship and character and then make a goal differental be the difference maker in the tourney? Let face it if CM lost to MC and they advance by RUNNING up the score in one game are they worthy of being moved to the Semi's? I expect CM to knock off MC but I have said this for some time.....this is one of CM weakest teams in a long time......and they still may win the championship!

Don't you think you would have a better tourney with 8 teams playing a best of 3 series all the way to the finals? It would only be a total of 9 games and you could do it over a 2 week spell?? this format has been flawed for a while and it's about time they get it right.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

HockeyRM-Is#7 a natural forward? Or has he always been a Dman? He carries the puck excellent and seems to prefer playing offensively

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

knight-I agree...my only question is you have SJP taking the 2 seed? So that means you have them beating BCHigh or AP losing to Reading? SJP could back door in with a loss and AP loss due to the differental. I think it's -6 AP to SJP +2??; Are you picking SJP over BC High? If so that surprises me; I see BC High as the best team so far....Look at how far CM fell in one week-Collucci (who is arguably their best player) didn't touch the ice in the Weymouth game in the 3rd period until the last face off. I wasn't impressed with CM but I do expect them to be ready for the crossover game against BC High....that should be a BATTLE!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmz2434. Show jmz2434's posts

super 8 outlook

wow i didnt realize it coulda been that long ago...they should scrimmage or sumthin...the schools are legit five minutes from one another

austin and bc high to the semifinals ....prep and reading will miss out

weymouth and central in the other bracket

dont count CC out

watch CM come out flat on sunday

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmz2434. Show jmz2434's posts

super 8 outlook

who cares what happened in the season....anything can happen in the tournament

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmz2434. Show jmz2434's posts

super 8 outlook

crossover games

weymouth vs ap

cm vs bc high

should be good on thurs

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcos. Show pcos's posts

super 8 outlook

Reading should stick to the regular tourney. They cant play with the big boys

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from therick9. Show therick9's posts

super 8 outlook

MC and Reading both looked pretty bad and uninspired

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georgie11. Show georgie11's posts

super 8 outlook

im just happy its not another cm vs bc high championship

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from therick9. Show therick9's posts

super 8 outlook

See, the problem is that they're not deep like all of the Catholicteams. The Catholic teams can put out their second and thirdlines regularly and not worry about it. For Reading, there is aHUGE drop off from the 1st to 2nd line.....no one can score besides the1st line, D and maybe Junta. Although I agree that the Readingcoaches need to change up their style and gameplan, they don't havemuch to work with there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougbro. Show dougbro's posts

super 8 outlook

King's second goal he got in on a second wack at the puck, and cc second goal was way worst than that. weymouth's Goalie had to make three saves and dive to the other side of the net and the kid barely slip the rap a round in. you telling me the tip was a weak goal? you telling me the both roof shots that took back the lead and grew Weymouth lead by 2 were weak goals?come on give me a break. what game where you watching?it so easly could have been 8-1 . weymouth out played cc for the whole game I don't know wat you were watching.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Kelly-You continue to be a clown. I NEVER once said MC would walk through to the Championship. I told you SJP was not a #2 seed and that was plain as the penny in your loafer. I said that SJP was over rated and that was correct. I was incorrect about Weymouth and EVERYONE out side of the city of Weymouth was wrong when it came to the way they played. My pick since day 1 was BC High; and to date they have done nothing to show me otherwise. SJP did better than MC? They both got knocked out in round 1......Let me hear how they beat Reading.....who didn't you should beat them they are even more over rated than the SJP Eagles. MC was a disappointment no doubt it's simple if you lose game 1 your tournament is OVER. There isn't much left after day 1; MC lost to the best team in their bracket 3-2 and never rebounded. They can say one thing though when the season ends they beat 3 of the 4 teams in the Final Four and have to think of what could have been and SJP can look in the mirror and say we didn't beat any of them and think of what NEVER WAS! Now let's focus on a real SJP sport 'un guard!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

mature? You are a clown and have been all along. 40? Where do you come up with this info? Stating facts and offer insight is acting tough?? This is a CHAT ROOM for HIGH SCHOOL sports not for HIGH SCHOOL students. Prepare yourself a little bit before you start tossing around horse pucky!

Every team who lost their opening game missed the crossover. So like I said if you lost your first game YOU WERE OUT, done, finished,etc, etc, etc...Almost won? That only works with HORSE SHOES and hand grenades. The majority of the people in this chat room have said it would be CM or BC High walking away with the hardware and come Sunday night I would venture to guess they were right all along. I like Weymouth and their Cinderalla story but the ball ends at midnight and on Sunday they'll turn back into a pumpkin!

Sections
Shortcuts