super 8 outlook

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

put down your pom poms and pull you King jersey down from over your eyes and take a deep breathe of reality. Weymouth has been a GREAT CINDERALLA story in this Super 8. If you mean to tell me that you expected them to come in and knock off CM and MC then you should pick me the wnning lottery #'s tonight!

#1 AP is a 7 seed (they were seeded #10 because of winning % only) they were they 7th team to get picked. They have the #1 goalie in the state hands down; having said that I expect them to beat AP and reach the finals.

22-1??? What does that have to do with the tournament or winning the State Title?? It means nothing and unfortunately if they don't win the title it means little as well...they just proved they were the best public school team in the tournament....that's about it.They are a great team and have been a great story but I'll be willing to bet they will not knock off BC High or CM in the finals. I would suspect they'll play BC High and lose a tight game.....if they played CM again I would expect a different outcome as well. Weymouth had a substanial advantage of being the unknown....they were taken lightly and gave their opponents a rude awakening!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from djg1317. Show djg1317's posts

super 8 outlook

u cant just say that because one goalie lte up 3 less goals over a three game period they are better. Casey is the all time wins leader at AP, and singlehandedly got them through the play in game and against ur overrated eagles. One bad game against bc high doesnt make him worse that ne1 else

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjim1234. Show jjim1234's posts

super 8 outlook

Is anyone else who is a fan of high school hockey frustrated with the scheduling of of the MIAA hockey tournament? I think all levels 1A, 1, 2, and 3 are way too drawn out. Too much time elapses between rounds.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

super 8 outlook

I have seen 3 out of the 4 remaining teams play this year, with Weymouth being the exception. I enjoy reading "most" of the posts on this board, but I have not seen much, if anything, being said about the coaching ability of Bill Hanson. I will say up front that I am totally impartial to any school being discussed on this board & I've played this sport to a level that I was getting played to do so.

To say that CM is the best coached team I have seen is an understatement. CM is top heavy this year as far as talent is concerned, and not nearly as deep as in previous years. Their goaltending is average and the defense is thin after the top pair. With all of this said, they will probably take home another Super 8 title this weekend. CM is simply better coached than any other team in the tourney. They will run into a hot team/goaltender here & there and lose a game, but it is time to give this coach some credit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from spilly. Show spilly's posts

super 8 outlook

"I'll take a history and a track record of CHAMPIONSHIPS",.... You sound like a Yankee fan.

Go Wildcats!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from spilly. Show spilly's posts

super 8 outlook

Oh, and forgot to add ... Where has it gotten them in the last 7 years?

GO WILDCATS!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

super 8 outlook

Robbie Ftorek might have something to say about being the "fastest player" in history.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

super 8 outlook

He's got the Norris Trophy, Stanley Cup & Hart Trophy runner-up. Did you know he was born in taiwan?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aias. Show aias's posts

super 8 outlook

weymouth 5-4 ot,

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

how about Shawn McEachern from Matignon as one of the fastest skaters......He won the title multiple time at the NHL All Star Skills competiton.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Langway you consider better than........................Roenick???? 9 Time NHL All Star,3rd All Time US Goal Scorer (Technically 2nd because Brett Hull is really Canadian) 5th all Time American in Points and 63 OVERALL in NHL history? How about Tkachuk, Guerin, Amonte.....Langway is defintely in the top 5 but it pretty hard to argue with JR's statistics

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

yes his dad was in the military and he was born on a US Military base.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

SS-The ranking of CM being #1 in the country didn't come from my analysis (I have been saying this was one of the weakest CM teams in recent history). It came from actual NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL RANKINGS; I agree that the Prep/Privates are much stronger. I dicate? I simply supply the FACTS and observe OBJECTIVELY which with the exception of probably MUSTANG everybody is a HOMER first and thinks with their hearts-which is fine. I have been looking at this tourney as a whole. I mean I picked Weymouth over my own team last night... Weymouth wasn't (still isn't ranked in the top#10 nationally). I still don't understand why it was so difficult to see that the upset of CM was unbelievable.....they have been ridiculous over the past 21 years and to think Weymouth would go in and knock them off is a CINDERELLA story......it will continue to be until they skate around on sunday night with the trophy....Ask your boy Wey after the first game against MC what I saw happening.....Weymouth BC High final. BC High was the only team that matched up against Weymouth physically. Skill wise all the teams match up pretty equal to Weymouth (in some cases better) they have made the finals though exceptional TEAM work-TEAM defense (much like the NJ Devils style), veterans (12-13-which I would venture to guess is the most senior laden team) and some outstanding coaching. They will prove to me that they are the best team in the state if they knock off BC High. I am dissapointed it isn't a 2 out of 3 final because unless the winner BLOWS OUT the other it will be open for discussion. I would also say it nice to see both undefeated teams make the finals....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

thats a tough question because the D1 has been won recently by quite a few public teams but the Super 8 has never been.....not to mention some of the better teams (Matignon, AP & Archies) played in Div2 until about 10 years ago. Those Matignon teams in the early 90's would have beaten alot of the Div 1 champs

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

that's incorrect.....Matignon and the rest of the Catholic Central played in Division 2 during the mid 80's Catholic Conference was Division 1. I look up the year it changed back but it was in the 90's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Objective??? You are looking at this through blinders. After the daze wears off hopefully you'll start to see things for what they are. You keep throwing around the 23-1 record; which is OUTSTANDING but it is hardly a measuring stick as to who is the top team. What would BCHigh, CM, MC, SJP, Reading,AP done in the Bay State? My viewpoint is 100% OBJECTIVE- I have seen 10 of thousands of games and can take it all in and look at things for what they are....Underdog? More like David v Goliath................They countinue to be Cinderella until they are left standing at the end of the BALL! That is an OBJECTIVE fact if not they are the runner up, bridesmaid, feel good story of the season.....but unless they win it all it is what it is! I hope they do win the whole thing it will keep the tournament alive and give the big dogs a wake up call they have DESPERATELY needed over the past 5-6 years

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

yes considering I played them 2x a year for 4 years plus knocked them of in the Semifinals in 89 before we won the D2 State Tile at the Garden and Bosco knocked off CM for the D1.......they were our biggest rival so I ASSURE you this correct. They had some off the best teams in their history from 87-92

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Cinderella-----Do you remember what happened at the ball????? Unless they WIN the whole thing it is a CINDERELLA story. Lets move on....I can't wait until Sunday when you try to explain to me that if they don't win how they are the best team in the state because they have a BETTER record!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Wrong? I said they were D1 first then back to D2 (best teams) and then back to d1 in the 90's. Their team in 87,88,89,90 were some of the best teams in STATE history.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

super 8 outlook

It's hard to argue with Langway's hardware (Norris, Stanley Cup, Hart runner-up) JR has had a long & successful NHL career but could also argue Keith Tkachuk had similar career. If Roenick had half a brain (I think that crosscheck by Glen Featherstone knocked more loose than JR's teeth) who knows......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

I hear you on that one!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

super 8 outlook

Have enjoyed reading the board last few weeks, but am I missing something???

CM was NOT a great team this year

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjim1234. Show jjim1234's posts

super 8 outlook

Hudson High School was the Mass Division 1 State Champ in 1978. They defeated Burlington in overtime. Burlington won the E-Mass championship, but they played the West/Central winner, and Hudson won, so Hudson is considered the last public school to win the top division in Massachusetts High School Hockey. Matignon won a bunch of D1 titles immediately after that, and the catholics have had a lock on the top prize from 1979-1990, and then from 1991 on in the 1A or super 8.

Matignon was Division 1until 1985. The following Year, Matignon, Austin prep, and other Catholics dropped to Division 2. Austin won the D2 state title in 1986 and 1989. Matignon won the D2 title in 1987 and 1988 (very strong teams). I think Archies won the D2 title in 1990, and Arlington Catholic won the D2 title in 1991(or vice versa). The catholics continued to win the D2 titles until they were elevated back to D1. The Super 8 was started in 1991, some of those teams, while still in D2, were super 8 invitees, until those catholics got sent back to D1 a few years later.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

jjim-nice job- Archies did win in 1990 they knocked us off Austin Prep at the Garden.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjim1234. Show jjim1234's posts

super 8 outlook

Always a big fan of HS hockey. Looking forward to some good title games in all divisions this season. Tixx, based on your last two posts, sounds like we may have met in tround 2 of the tourney the year you won a title. Just didn't have the depth to keep up in the third. Same scenario against Matignon 2 years prior.