Super 8 - Round 2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Super 8 - Round 2

What are your thoughts on the next round of the Super 8 tournament? Did Catholic Memorial assert itself as the team to beat or can an upstart like Weymouth or Austin Prep win this tournament?

Visit Super 8 Central for all the latest on this year's tournament.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from supersoph. Show supersoph's posts

Super 8 - Round 2

I see AP's win as a sign that SJP was very overrated (not surprising) as the they always have been a bottom tier Super 8 school at best. AP is stingy but not very talented save for the Gaudets. Reading is done like dinner as they gag against the Catholics and the goaltending is too mediocre to carry them to an upset. Great first line but their other lines are not CathConf/Super 8 quality. I look for AP and BCH to get thru in that bracket with BCH 3-0 AP 2-1 Reading 1-2 SJP 0-3

In the other bracket, Central embarassed themselves, their league, the committee and Waltham. A big setback for the DSC in geting any futures invites. In short they dont belong. I like Weymouth as the 2nd team with there 2-1 victory over MC. CM 3-0 Wey 2-1 MC 1-2 CC off the map

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbrown0317. Show bbrown0317's posts

Super 8 - Round 2

i know he cant play against cm tomorrow. i heard he was only suspended for 5 days

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from whoibuoy. Show whoibuoy's posts

Super 8 - Round 2

I heard it was planted in his locker by Hanson. HA!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmz2434. Show jmz2434's posts

Super 8 - Round 2

George Mason of the Super 8 has to be Austin Prep....if we beat bc high tomorro people should give us serious consideration and more respect....in the semifinals we will give CM a run for their money

the sjp game was and will be one of the best games played this tournament, i wouldnt count sjp out though, after all they are "thee prep"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmz2434. Show jmz2434's posts

Super 8 - Round 2

i still think central catholic has a shot in making the semifinals....all assuming cm win the rest of pool play games

and i have question alongside...is the first tiebreaker between teams head to head or goal differential

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbrown0317. Show bbrown0317's posts

Super 8 - Round 2

weymouth won 2-1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbrown0317. Show bbrown0317's posts

Super 8 - Round 2

weymouth is gonna make it to the finals. they have a chance at being the first public school to ever win

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aias. Show aias's posts

Super 8 - Round 2

Man, you must go to private school because in public school you would have learned the difference between they're and there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcos. Show pcos's posts

Super 8 - Round 2

Congrats to Weymouth on a great win , enjoy it and then move on. There are much more important games ahead. The semis and possibly finals will be the 2 toughest games you will face.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cmpuck7. Show cmpuck7's posts

Super 8 - Round 2

idk why everyone is saying that the knights are done here...yahh they lost to weymouth (by the way well deserved win) but lets get real here CM is not overrated and not done just yet

they have the best coach around and the seniors on the team will not leave there legacy at the school with a round robin exit

goodluck to all the teams and next weekend is gonna be interesting

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from therick9. Show therick9's posts

Super 8 - Round 2

It's head-to-head if two teams are tied; goal differential if three teams are tied.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmz2434. Show jmz2434's posts

Super 8 - Round 2

im totally confused lol

i think the only way austin can make it in as #2 team from our brakcet is if we beat reading next sunday and bc high defeats st johns

other than that sjp would have the goal diff over us unless miraculously ap destroys reading like cm did to cc which prolly wont happen but whatever

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbrown0317. Show bbrown0317's posts

Super 8 - Round 2

weymouth v. bc high. weymouth wins 2-0 or 3-1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpsb2005. Show cpsb2005's posts

Super 8 - Round 2

I think these are the scenarios for Bracket #1:

Weymouth 2-0 +2 Advances with win, CM loss, or a losing by fewer than 3 goals

CM 1-1 +8 Advances with win or losing by fewer than 7 goals and CC loss

CC 1-1 -4 Advances with win and CM loss

MC 0-2 -6 Advances with win by more than 7 goals and CC loss

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpsb2005. Show cpsb2005's posts

Super 8 - Round 2

according to the MIAA website the tiebreaker is head-to-head for 2-way ties, and goal differential is the 1st tiebreaker if 3 teams are tied.

Therefore, because of CC's poor goal differential, their only way to make it to the crossover would be as the #1 seed, going 2-1 along with Weymouth but winning the head-to-head matchup. Obviously, this is a mighty big if

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from galvao1. Show galvao1's posts

Super 8 - Round 2

THE PUBLIC TAKING OVER!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchrob91. Show bchrob91's posts

Super 8 - Round 2

The finals are either BC or CM vs. Weymouth. I think Weymouth loses to either team, a close one to BC and a 3 or 4 goal loss to CM. Although, they do have the most realistic chance since the Super 8 started for a public victory.

BC matches up well and is very experienced on the defensive side, they can grind it out with Weymouth, and have the goalie to win a low scorer.

While Weymouth is very good and did physically pound CM last time that won't happen again. Hanson called out his team by letting the media know he thought Weymouth was the better team, a total Belichik mind **** move. His players will be fired up and CM gets it done when given a second chance in a tournament like this.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmz2434. Show jmz2434's posts

Super 8 - Round 2

AP and bc high will move on

a bruise in the eye for sjp as theyre left behind with the 0-3 reading team

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from djg1317. Show djg1317's posts

Super 8 - Round 2

I dont think that st. johns fans should be worrying about the crossover game. The odds are stacked up against them getting there. They are playing the best team in the tournament and from what I've seen so far, and st johns has no chance to beat them.Then they would need an ap loss to a reading team that might pack it in. Not a very likely scenario.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from djg1317. Show djg1317's posts

Super 8 - Round 2

reading didnt even come out flying against st johns so i expect the same effort if not worse since they are virtually eliminated. has st johns ever lost a gam that wasnt a "fluke". How is it a fluke if the forwards arent good enough to get it by the goalie. thats called a goalie stepping up and shutting down an overrated team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmz2434. Show jmz2434's posts

Super 8 - Round 2

totally agree....casey DID step and it up and quieted the fans in white...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from djg1317. Show djg1317's posts

Super 8 - Round 2

sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. they werent the better team on the ice that night. they got outplayed by a team that is equal to them. And it will come back to haunt them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from djg1317. Show djg1317's posts

Super 8 - Round 2

cm doesnt even bring that good of a crowd to the championship game. The students have lost interest because of their dominance.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from djg1317. Show djg1317's posts

Super 8 - Round 2

other than the fact that st johns will not be advancing and weymouth will be.