TD Banknorth Garden Predictions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgolds. Show jgolds's posts

It was a great game between Belmont and Catholic. Although there is no way that a shot got off with that in-bounds play with 1.3 seconds on the clock. I was at the game 3 rows off court and the clock was clearly not started in time. Regardless, it doesn't matter at this point but there should have been a review by the offcials before they ran off the court.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchrob91. Show bchrob91's posts

Sorry BostonIrish, the tide has turned, BC is starting their Super 8 title run.

You are going to see a game very similar to the one in which your boys lost to Weymouth, CM players getting thrown around and losing one on one battles.

Too bad your guys don't come and play hoops with the big boys, a dual winter sport thrashing would be fun in the states.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgolds. Show jgolds's posts

I have to agree with you "KillaMeat", the refs just seem to run off with no care of getting the call correct or not. With regards to the last second shot last night in the Belmont game, it was a great shot and I have nothing but congratulation for Catholic but the Refs should review plays like that. These kids play their hearts out for months to get to that point and it would be devastating if they lost on the wrong call.

In regards to the comments by Boston Irish, the more athletic team lost last night, that was Belmont. Not one player on your team could cover Timmy Barrows last night. Catholic won last night because they played as a team and protected the ball. Belmont did not protect the ball when it counted and made some crucial missed free throws and turnovers when it got to crunch time. Regardless, congratulations to all the winning and losing teams on fantastic seasons.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgolds. Show jgolds's posts

Wow Ladywright, I am not sure where to start to refute that highly biased unknowledgable reply. As an observer at the game and someone that played college basketball(by the way, a fan of neither team), the video is in no way conclusive evidence. First off you can not see the clock in the video and secondly I in no way disputed that he go the shot before the buzzer. What I am disputing is that the clock was started at the proper time. Anybody that is a player of basketball on a high-level will tell you the chances of getting a shot off in 1.3 seconds is extremly slim if the clock is started at the proper time, that is what I am disputing, especially since it was not a tip-in shot. The light nor clock is used as conclusive evidence in the NBA that the shot got off in time, a play such as last night is reviwed in the NBA to make sure the clock was started at the proper time. Hence your argument pertaining to the the light and clock holds no weight, since a human is the one that starts the clock. CM may have have 8 scoring options but only number 5 on their team was the primary scoring option and without, CM would of not had a chance in the game. Number 5 scored 5 or 7 points in a row towards the end of the game to keep CM in it. In addtion to Timmy, Phil Barrera scored 23 points and had 12 boards on CM last night, so I do not believe Belmont is a one threat team. In addtion Timmy played excellent defense against CM rebounding, stealing, and blocking many CM shots. Also I did not say that CM or Belmont was the most athletic team on the court, I commented that Timmy Barrows was the most athletic player on the court and if you even attempt to dispute that fact then you have no deep understanding of athleticism and sports. How you can say that CM's defense dominated the game is also far fetched since the game ended with a last second shot and both teams scored in the mid 60's in points, hardly a defensive domination by either team. It sounds like to me you are one of the mothers of the players that has little deep knowledge and understanding of basketball. CM did win, but not because of dominate defense or Belmont being a so called one man team. They won because of a good inbounds play(coaching) and a amazing fade away shot by a player(luck and skill).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgolds. Show jgolds's posts

I never said that reviewing a play happened in HS basketball;I said it should happen, especially since these kids live with these games therest of their lives. I never said scoring defined athleticism;athleticism is defined by speed, agility, strength and many other factors. These factors assist in the ability to score, rebound, block and steal. Which Timmy did a great deal of against CM and every other opponent Belmont played. What is adefensive line in basketball? I would love to know the defensive linethat Timmy was standing on? Are you saying that Timmy does not play goodhelp defense and did not rotate properly? I think you forgot about allthat knowledge you have about the game of basketball. You say Phil Barerra justscored in the game, what about the 12 boards he had against CM or themultiple blocked shots? Your whole reply was a mess of barely coherentarguments strung together. I was completely correct when I knew you were aparent making your points, an emotional, biased opinion of the game lastnight. Your use of terminology and lack of depth of knowledge of thefiner points of basketball show that your viewpoint is a very micro picture ofthe game and not of the macro understanding of the art of basketball. How many years of organized basketball haveyou played? In order to be knowledgeableabout something you not only have to observe it, you also have to participatein it. If you are a knowledgeable parent of the game then that makes meJames Nasmith.