Track is not a sport

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newbride08. Show newbride08's posts

Track is not a sport

Alright. I play football and baseball. Never attempted to, nor plan to participate in track.

I personally disagree with you saying it isn't a sport. Anyone who has the dedication to do something like RUN every day for miles, gets my approval. That takes dedication and talent. The only difference between track and other sports is that it's the sport that the kids that can't make other teams play. I quote this from my school's top runner.

And a 40 yard dash is not track. Track is the 2-mile and other long distance runs as well as the short distance.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brimcshane. Show brimcshane's posts

Track is not a sport

agreed -track, or running is a sport. Part of me used to think that running was not a sport, it was part of a part, but no longer feel that way

Who ever said you need a "ball" to play a sport is crazy! Tell Dan Gable or Cael Sanderson that wrestling is not a sport or Carl Lewis and Jesse Owens that track is not a sport

What about hockey? a puck is not a ball, and if all sports have a ball, please don't tell me anyone thinks driving around in a cart with a mixed drink at the country club for 3 hours getting out every once in awhile to swing a club makes it a sport because there's a "ball"?

I mean, I like golf, but I like playing pool as well and don't feel very athletic when I'm doing either

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yucky. Show yucky's posts

Track is not a sport

1. People who run track also play other sports. 1/4 of my team also played soccer/football.

2. yes any joe shmo can run on the team but only the good ones place in all meets/go to the meets on Saturdays that puts you up against the best in the state.

3. In other sports, you just play your league until the tournament. In track, you face the best in the state almost every weekend. There is also a New England meet where you face the best from other states. Then if you are really good you go to Nationals. What other sport puts you against that type of competition?

4. Everyone says they can run but can you? Can you go out there and run a 52sec or less 400yd dash? Can you run a 15sec 110 hurdle race, a 43 sec 330 hurdle? Can you throw a shot put 55 feet or hiigh jump 6 feet? What about long jump 20 feet or run a under 5 mile or a under 10 2-mile? Not many people can. Anyone can be lucky in a basketball game and bury a 3-pointer. you can't be lucky in track. you either have it or you don't. I think baseball and golf are 2 of the hardest sports to play by far. Track might not seem hard from watching but ocne you are out there and doing it you will never know.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonboy311s. Show jonboy311s's posts

Track is not a sport

It is a pretty funny discussion. I mean to say anyone can walk and run is saying that not everyone could kick a soccer ball or hit a ball with a bat. Of course everyone can, but it is the ones that do things the best that are considered good. You are good at track if you are fast, can jump and have endurance. You are good at baseball if you can hit a ball and catch it. How is there a difference?

Track is the sport with the most even playing field. Everyone is on the same track in the same condition and has the same practice facilities. It is one of the most Raw forms of competition.

I remember my senior year when our school's lacrosse coach made his team practice with the track team to work on getting in shape. Needless to say they were all laying on the ground...after warm ups.

Baseball is less of a sport than track any day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ryan19. Show ryan19's posts

Track is not a sport

I think that all you idiots who think track isnt a sport is rediculous...and also the US is the only country that calls it "track and field" in all the other countries track is known as "atheltics" and hmmm lets see well the definition of athletics pertains to track and it also says sport in general therefore meaning that track is a sport and not only is it a sport it has been around since 776b.c.

and by the way you said you could run in the 40 well thats 40 yards which is not the same thing as 40 meters and in track and field there is no 40 meter so goodluck with that

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jumpmanjordan252. Show jumpmanjordan252's posts

Track is not a sport

track is a sport with some of the best athletes in it

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ryan19. Show ryan19's posts

Track is not a sport

oh yah BASEBALL SUCKS AND IT IS PROBLY THE MOST BORING SPORT EVER

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from smoli5327. Show smoli5327's posts

Track is not a sport

ok buddy its not 700 BC anymore and we play sports now.......not track

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ryan19. Show ryan19's posts

Track is not a sport

SMOLI IS A BIG BIIIIIIITTTTTTTCCCCCCHHHHHHHHH

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from smoli5327. Show smoli5327's posts

Track is not a sport

just because u probly batted last on your 2nd grade tee ball team dosnt mean that track is a sport

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from smoli5327. Show smoli5327's posts

Track is not a sport

Well I guess that brings us to the ultimate question pmo which is more of a sport : tee ball or track?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from smoli5327. Show smoli5327's posts

Track is not a sport

I would have to agree with pmo in that tee ball players around this fine nation can hold their heads high because they are playing a sport.......while high school trackstars can wonder what could have been if they had only been born with some skills

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from svg4349. Show svg4349's posts

Track is not a sport

A kid from MA has a much greater chance of gettinf a D1 track scholarship than football or soccer as both sports are weak in MA....also I'd like to see 1 football running back in this state (other than Jeff smith) beat me in the 40...I run a 4.38 computer time and thats all from running the 400 meters....not playing soccer. Btw I also high jump 6'4.

I love and have played soccer and football at high levels but they certainly do not require the athletic ability, hard work, or the fiteness that track does.

Also track is the only true way to show ur better than someone....no reffs, no teamates to let you down, who crosses the finish line first ....or who's quicker on the stopwatch does not lie....also show me another sport in MA where you can win a national HS championship.

Remember Jeff Smith last yr, his 200 time would have been 6th at NCAA D1 nationals....is there any1 in any other sport in MA that can claim to be in the top 6 in the country in anything....prolly not.

Track is not only a sport....but by far the greatest and as a soccer and football player two, I think I can vouch for track

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from smoli5327. Show smoli5327's posts

Track is not a sport

David Ortiz would make a world class shotputer however pinch running takes more than just speed, it takes baseball IQ and some skill which is kids who run track wouldnt be able to do it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adurkee. Show adurkee's posts

Track is not a sport

Man are you kidding me "track requires no skill" this must be coming from someone who has never competed in a track and field meet. you try to go out there and be competitive in a 2 mile run which to be competitive you need to be able to run in about 11 min a the max or how about run 110 hurdles in 15 seconds or go long jump 20+ feet. No No No i want to see you high jump 6 feet. yeah learn what you are talking about before you open your mouth!!!!!!
    Adam

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ryan19. Show ryan19's posts

Track is not a sport

TRACK IS A SPORT.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ryan19. Show ryan19's posts

Track is not a sport

and to all you retards who dont think it is guess what your opinion means nothing....

Athletics, also known as track and field or track and field athletics, is a collection of sports events that involve running, throwing and jumping. The name is derived from the Greek word "athlon" meaning "contest".

Sport- an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as track and field, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.

no matter what you say it IS a sport so shut the f u c k up

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from brimcshane. Show brimcshane's posts

Track is not a sport

this is good stuff..Carver and soxfan29 both have good points,

I am in total agreement with SOXFAN29 on a comment made a little ways back in reply to the only athletes who could handle track are swimmers. I agree track is a sport and takes serious athletic ability, but to say swimmers are the only ones who can handle a track season is way off. SOXFAN29 is right on the money- nothing compares to wrestling, as far as endurance goes. I went to a highschool were both the swim team and wrestling team had great success, and this argument always came up. I appreciate what swimmers do, but Wrestling requires the same, if not more training and overall endurance. I guess if a swimmer really wants to know what the practices are like, imagine the workout you do, only instead of just racing the opponent he's training to drown you! If you have never wrestled you will never appreciate what it takes, if you have ever been in a fight ( typically lasts about 30 seconds on average) well imagine doing that for 6 minutes straight. SOXFAN29- one thing, I'm surprised you have never heard of Carver high. Althought nobody is close to Lowell (actually Wayland is pretty close)in the sport, Carver had some unbelievable teams int he mid 90's- I think they won New Englands one year and had at least 4 state/all-state champs. Leary brother's were both state/all state champs and I think one of them won new englands. they also had a kid named E-man who was an amazing 152 pounder, wasn't a great technician, but the stongest kid I have ever seen for that weight

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from squeaky3. Show squeaky3's posts

Track is not a sport

"Track isn''t a sport" was the initial statement. Yes, as one responder wrote, a 40 yd dash isn't track and of course this is a football player talking. Unfortatuely, track is the outlet for "other" athetes who can not or did not make the cut from another sport Think about it, if coaches in track had cuts too. Which comes back to track is the bases to many if not all sports. As someone else replied, you can't not take from the elite runners in distance, sprints, and the throws just because "nice" coaches allow others to join after they have been cut. Track is a wonderful sport. We have many of the best athetes, elite, professionals etc. that have developed because of track.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ramssports1. Show ramssports1's posts

Track is not a sport

carverfan09 is an idiot. although i agree that track is a sport you cant say that the simplest forms of track (not relay) have rules. Do you call be the first to cross the finish line a rule? And of course you cant attack the people you're running against on the way so you can't really call things like that rules. the only reason i say track is a sport is because it takes time and practice to be good at it (or at least get better). the only reason there are things like relay which does have rules is because honestly it gave people a reason to make track more than running and to try and say oh yeah there's hand eye coordination you need to hand a metal rod off, but really you can't go to the dictionary and try and use the definition from that to justify track because track really doesnt have rules. in hurdles it doesnt say you can't hit the hurdles. the only real rule in track is wait for the gun.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ramssports1. Show ramssports1's posts

Track is not a sport

all i have to say is. in all sports you can cheat. you do you cheat in track (excluding hitting the person next to you and jumping the gun) during the actual run how do you cheat? i know this kinda goes against track which i think is a sport but i just wanted to ask it

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ramssports1. Show ramssports1's posts

Track is not a sport

that's great that your bragging about your daughter but i can name every single sport that ppl do year round it's not rare to hear about someone playing baseball or basketball year round and the only reason the track kids are the scholar athletes is because it not a cut sport and all the geeks who would get killed in contact sports go do track to round out their college resumes and the athletes who do track to get in shape have taken to many hits to the head to get good grades. so really all you did was brag about your daughter and bring up no valid points just because someone sets goals doesnt justify what you are saying. any athelete can set goals in any sport. so your dumb

Sections
Shortcuts