THOUGHTS ON THE REDEMPTION OF MICHAEL VICK.... ON RIGHT TRACK?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: THOUGHTS ON THE REDEMPTION OF MICHAEL VICK.... ON RIGHT TRACK?

See this is what I mean. You are raving about a 63% compl%. lol

Wow!  63%!   he finally learned how to throw and hit a check down?!! No way!   He's going to the HOF!!

The no INTs aspect is clearly great, but that will change.

You are a kid that was born in the late 80s or 90s that likes video games and equates athleticism with great quarterbacking.

We'll see how ga-ga you are over Vick very soon.  But, you enjoy building that Madden All Pro team you have on your XBox.  lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

A lot of people have said Vick would still be doing this if he hasn't been caught. What makes you so sure he was smart enough to stop? I wouldn't be surprised if he got caught again.

There is intelligence and then is football IQ. Drew Bledsoe for example: Seemed like a pretty smart, articulate man. But his football IQ was very mediocre. Vick is just flat out stupid- on the football field and in real life.

That being said, if he hadn't tricked the NFL into thinking he could play football, he would almost certainly be back in his hometown runnning with gangs and selling drugs, robbing convenince stores, etc. All the things braindead kids with no conscience do. Look at his brother.

I'm sorry, but the guy is just garbage- rotten to the core

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I don't know who is white, black or hispanic.

I find it incredibly hypocritical that the ancestors of former slaves seeing nothing wrong with using dogs as a form of torture and entertainment.

I'd like to ask you:

How on earth is this not hypocritical?

Guess what? This isn't Spain. I don't live in Spain. I don't live there so when they hang a goat out the window and drop it into the streets, it bothers me, but I don't pay taxes there. 

Don't go to law school.

An ant hill?  Are you for real here? You are comparing an insect to a domesticated animal?

You are comparing people eating and surviving and the attempt to provide that with as much of a humane way of doing that as possible to a concentration camp for dogs and entertainment???

Oh my word.  I have problems? You sure about that? 

Discussion over.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

he should donate his check to the SPCA and do a commercial promoting good animal ownership also do an episode on animal cops.

this is America more power to him for coming back, second chances are hard to come by.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Michael Vick will kill again. If he can't get to any dogs he'll be blowing up frogs with M-80s or Burning ants with a magnifying glass. People like this are creatures of habit and the thirst for blood must be quenched.
    Lock up the Pets Philly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

THOUGHTS ON THE REDEMPTION OF MICHAEL VICK.... ON RIGHT TRACK?

anyone else think he is on the right track and that sometimes second chances even for the most flawed amongst us could be a good thing esp if they can throw the ball, run and evade as he can. last sunday was simply vintage. there is no other like vik the quik! none! seems to be making better decisions, knows the offense. even more than a brady, i have not seen an entire team and coachg staff (for both teams) just feed off the life and energy of a particular player in utter shock and awe. was simply amazing. believe he can keep it coming for his judgment has gotten better and his fitness is back. how soon before mike vick jerseys dominate the landscape again and he is doing commercials and in the playoffs AGAIN? salvation is the american way!

he certainly isnt DOGGING it!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

we were doing shotguns at my last b-day

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Dear Kool Aid Contrarian,

No.  I'll acknowledge he had a good game if he does, but I won't be coming around to a 30 year old adult who has a low IQ who tortured animals for fun.

Are you a fan of Jeffrey Dahmer?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Funny thing, while growing up Catholic and being forced to go to confession  many times, I never once remember my Priest telling me; Son, now for your penance, I want you to go out and play 16 games of Football and your sins will be forgiven. Never!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

On the puppy dog issues he did pay a steep price.  Perhaps for some not steep enough but he spent time in jail, ended up broke and it was in the press big time.  Humble pie squared.  Redemption here is a life time project. 

As a football player I don't see him as much of a QB.  Keep Vick in the pocket and he's screwed.  Very inaccurate passer.  Probably will go down in history as one of the most over hyped players ever to come out of college.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

And if you think he really paid his debt to society, then why were there gunshots ringing out during his birthday party full of thugs?

You think that was by accident? Raise your hands if there has every been a shooting any of the board members birthdays.............

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I completely agree, Killa.  Good post.

I am glad he stopped and is trying to make the best of it, but that is absolutely correct. He is a slimeball and always will be.

Same deal with Roethlisberger.  Different situations, but still it's beyond creepy in my opinion.

I heard some rube on the radio today from Virginia, who clearly is a VA Tech fan who was babbling about how he is "proud" of Vick. 

I mean, this is why I am glad I was born to the parents I was born to and not left with some horrendous IQ level like some idiot like that.

"Proud"?

This rube on the radio proceeded to say that drunk drivers, who admittedly made a horrbile mistake by driving drunk and killing someone (Leonard Little/Stallworth, etc), are in the NFL (not Little right now), and insinuated they are WORSE than what Vick did.

lol

So, intentional dog torture with a concentration camp that Hitler would have approved of, is not as bad as an accidental DUI manslaughter situation.

It's amazing the lengths people will go to defend people like that.

And Goodell is a phony. He knows Vick can still be marketable, so he let him back in.

What he should have done is set a precedent to state that behavior so foul will not be tolerate and banned him for life.

He could play in the CFL or somewhere else. No one is stopping him from earning a living, but that kind of despicable behavior is beyond reprehensible in my book.

The worst is when the Vick defenders say "that is the culture".

How about, why is it the culture and maybe it shouldnb't be???

It's only 2010 for crying out loud. 

I am not going to get into the hypocrisy of black people defending torturing and slavery, but it's just pathetic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I still think this is a mirage with a guy playing over his head and stand by it.  I'll also admit he's been playing great, but I think it's going to fade down the stretch as well.

He did this in 2004 as well.

Washington is a mess right now and their pass D is horrendous, which I am not sure why considering they have some decent talent there with Landry and then two good CBs.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I admit I cannot stand Mike Vick for the scummbag that he is and I hardly would call animal torture "adversity".

That's just ridiculous to even try to spin his own animal abuse, as he channeled Heinrich Himmler, as "adversity". 

But, he'll be hurt again.  Just watch. He'll think he's Superman and get creamed and then be hurt again.

In 6 games, the 11 TDs is impressive. I just expect this little ride of his to settle down back into normal Vick production.

Detroit, Washington twice, SF, Jax?

These really aren't top rated defensive competition. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think most people, including myself would be much more concerned about how he is using his second chance to be less of a d*uche off the field, and for that the jury is still out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Yes....I can see how one could redeem themselves from murder and torture of helpless animal's simply by playing good football. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZachRudy. Show ZachRudy's posts

The crimes he committed was horrible.  He should have been made an example of and been given a much longer jail sentence.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The thing that bothers me even more than the birthday party shenanigans (I said it) is the game last year against the Falcons.  He came out and said he wanted to prove to the Falcons that they made a mistake and in some bizarre world of his he felt he needed to stick it to them.  Of course the Falcons did not stick it to him, and in reality it was Vick who screwed the Falcons and himself with his actions.

The thing is, how can he feel remorse for his own actions and yet blame the Falcons for what his life had become.  It's either the Falcons fault or Vick's fault.

I'm pretty sure Vick is the same guy he always was.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

He will get the start this weekend...redemption starts on the field first...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: THOUGHTS ON THE REDEMPTION OF MICHAEL VICK.... ON RIGHT TRACK?:
    [QUOTE]

He paid his dues, both financially and to his reputation, served his time, and has been active off the field in speaking out against cruelty to animals. A saint? No. But what else should he do? I'm glad all the dumb sh!t I've done in my life never became public record.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

the man is now a starter! i think Andy reid is a believer!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

mojo>>>more like he saw jesus and ran from him.

No that was the cops. I have more sympathy for Ricky Williams, but for 8M per, I'd have retired the bong for a few years.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

The bottom line is that he'd still be doing it if he hadn't been caught. An evil soul is always an evil soul.

Sections
Shortcuts