THOUGHTS ON THE REDEMPTION OF MICHAEL VICK.... ON RIGHT TRACK?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

Re: THOUGHTS ON THE REDEMPTION OF MICHAEL VICK.... ON RIGHT TRACK?

In Response to Re: THOUGHTS ON THE REDEMPTION OF MICHAEL VICK.... ON RIGHT TRACK?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: THOUGHTS ON THE REDEMPTION OF MICHAEL VICK.... ON RIGHT TRACK? : Why is it "offensive"? If I mentioned it in a historical context as a reference point, this is "offensive"? Is it offensive to Native Americans to reference the abuse of their culture even though it is a part of American history? Why is history "offensive"?  If it genuinely bothered you, I am pretty sure you wouldn't be engaging in a discussion with the big boys here.  I find it offensive that you want to make this racial when race has nothing to do with it. Animal cruelty from anyone in this country is despicable.  This  is America, not Spain or Africa, or other countries where it's spun off as "tradition". We happen to be civilized (or try to be) and helping people and animals is what we do here. Thanks.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

BBR, A number of years ago I lived in Atlanta when the Braves were in their prime. The tomahawk chop was regularly being done in the stands by fans and on occasion there would be "Native Americans" protesting the chant outside. This didn't stop these fans, as a matter of fact they were emboldened. I don't consider history to be offensive, it's what's done during that history that I find offensive. 
    Let me make this clear, apparently the big boys can't fully understand my meaning, dog fighting is cruel, but to try to label this as a problem in Latin America or Africa is wrong. It happened during the gold rush in Alaska, it happens in the dirty south, it happened in Russia. It happens.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: THOUGHTS ON THE REDEMPTION OF MICHAEL VICK.... ON RIGHT TRACK?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: THOUGHTS ON THE REDEMPTION OF MICHAEL VICK.... ON RIGHT TRACK? : did he have 63% completion rate with 11 TDs and NO INTS in '04 genius?
    Posted by KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    Facts don't matter to him only his own personal fallacies.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

[QUOTE]Because some people get swept up by the media hype thats why. Cause every pundit all over the media is finding a reason to praise the guy and why? Cause he sells jerseys for the NFL or because and I mean no offense by this but because black people love the guy and the African American media people have waited years for a guy like Vick and when he shot himself in the foot they couldnt wait for his "redemption" story. I hate to bring race into any conversation but it seems pretty clear to me that if this was done by say Tim Tebow and everyone found out what a phony he was and what a horrible human being he was it would be a entirely different story IMO. Would he be let back into the NFL the same way Vick was? Yes he would 100% and i would hate it just as much but would the media be so willing to push the redemption story down our throats? Would the black media be so quick for forgive and forget? I highly highly doubt that. I hope that doesnt sound like I am being racist cause i know how quick people are to throw that stone when ever this comes up so before that happens I am not racist I am just trying to be honest about how I view this ONE situation. Also IMO the NFL from day one has been planning this. I know that sounds nuts but I find it hard to believe that not a single NFL player has ever had a single bad word to say about Vick. So no one in the NFL not even some JAG player is a dog lover? No one hates Vick or doesnt think he should be in the NFL? Give me a break, IMO the NFL clearly told its player to not open their mouth unless they have something nice to say about Vick. Which is why you only saw moron like DeAngilo Hall saying stuff like "Free Mike Vick". I find it hard to believe that a guy like say Matt Light who is an animal lover, well as far as dogs go (he is a hunter so he dont love them too much lol) never had a bad word to say. The NFL must have sent out a memo. I have no proof but thats what I think.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

MVP, you've had some run ins with others on BDC about this subject, so have I. Race is a third rail subject in this country, no one wants to touch it. Your theory on Tim Tebow is just that, a theory. No one knows how that would turn out for a number of reasons, because he didn't make those mistakes in life.
    As a person of color, I'm not looking at Vick as a redemption story, it would be nice if he did, but there are far too many black men incarcerated who are not going to get the chance Vick got and some of them deservedly so - I trust he'll make good on his opportunity. 
    I'm looking at this from the standpoint of a man who is being given another chance in life to ply his trade - by an owner and a commissioner. He owes it to the people who have supported him, and he has a lot of credibility to regain with the people who don't. 
    As I said earlier, there are extenuating circumstances to what I will forgive in a person's actions, but, I am not a card carrying member of the Michael Vick fan club. You may be correct the league probably wants a feel good story from this mess, but I don't agree Goodell is encouraging the players to be silent.

What Vick did to those animals is disgusting, he has to know they are people who are not going to forgive or forget those images of his smug face, the lies he told and animals he abused, killed and maimed. 
    One thing I've noticed, the NFL is like a fraternity. You won't find them criticizing each other if it doesn't relate to football, especially to the media.

Just my opinion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

for the record, roger goodelll is now a major fan of what vick has done thus far:

"he's most proud of how Vick has turned his life around off the field".  

like it or not, most people in this world are specieists, in that they do not really empathize with other beings from THEIR perspectives.. y else would we hunt, unnecessarily eat and wear them, degrade them as pets, test on them and so forth. what vick did is really just an extreme form of the same context. he paid his price, he's been restired, get on with it.. just like kobe, if he keeps performing at a high level, advertisers will come back and he may get bak on a hall of fame track! message society really sends is do not mess with HUMANS! so yep, oj and big ben are far worse! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]...With Favre, let's see, it's alleged that he gave an underage woman alcohol, but there were roofies in the drink and then he and/or his manservant dragged her off and the QB sexually assaulted her.  So he got a six game suspension, but that was too harsh so he only got four games.  '< sarcasm />Justice seems to have worked reasonably well in this case.  '< / sarcasm />
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

you talking about roethlisberger? favre was the texting stuff.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THOUGHTS ON THE REDEMPTION OF MICHAEL VICK.... ON RIGHT TRACK? : What's my point? I have to spell it out for you, ok...Dog fighting and drug use in society are prevalent, period it's done everywhere and anywhere. I'm black and for you to even mention slavery in a discussion with dog fighting is offensive and stupid. Did I drop any hints that I condoned Vick's actions, or couldn't you see that in my post either.
    Posted by paob[/QUOTE]

Why is it "offensive"?

If I mentioned it in a historical context as a reference point, this is "offensive"?

Is it offensive to Native Americans to reference the abuse of their culture even though it is a part of American history?

Why is history "offensive"?  If it genuinely bothered you, I am pretty sure you wouldn't be engaging in a discussion with the big boys here. 

I find it offensive that you want to make this racial when race has nothing to do with it.

Animal cruelty from anyone in this country is despicable.  This  is America, not Spain or Africa, or other countries where it's spun off as "tradition".

We happen to be civilized (or try to be) and helping people and animals is what we do here.

Thanks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know who is white, black or hispanic. I find it incredibly hypocritical that the ancestors of former slaves seeing nothing wrong with using dogs as a form of torture and entertainment. I'd like to ask you: How on earth is this not hypocritical? Guess what? This isn't Spain. I don't live in Spain. I don't live there so when they hang a goat out the window and drop it into the streets, it bothers me, but I don't pay taxes there.  Don't go to law school. An ant hill?  Are you for real here? You are comparing an insect to a domesticated animal? You are comparing people eating and surviving and the attempt to provide that with as much of a humane way of doing that as possible to a concentration camp for dogs and entertainment??? Oh my word.  I have problems? You sure about that?  Discussion over.
    I believe that your truculent rants deserve another banning from this forum. The  fatuous and indignant remarks about inferior IQs have nothing to do with others opinions. Suggestions of inbreeding is repulsive. Embittered and arrogant describes you. Are you diminutive in stature, obese and challenged by your alopecia? Were you really born or hatched? This is my opine and I'm sticking to it. Did I forget to mention, LOSER?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THOUGHTS ON THE REDEMPTION OF MICHAEL VICK.... ON RIGHT TRACK? : Are you f*ckin serious?! You're condoning shooting, no better yet hanging a black man from a tree because he abused dogs.  Classic!
    Posted by paob[/QUOTE]

Although I don't think Vick should be killed for what he did I also don't believe he should be allowed to make millions playing football again. However, what I think adam was saying is an eye for an eye type of deal. Vick hanged dogs from trees and shot them among other methods to kill them. It has nothing to do with race though I understand that coindication of hanging a black man from a tree I don't think he meant it in that way. It might not be easy to understand but racism isn't everywhere, sometimes it's just someone not seeing how the dots could connect not how they were meant to connect

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THOUGHTS ON THE REDEMPTION OF MICHAEL VICK.... ON RIGHT TRACK? : I do my hunting at the grocery store, so there's some inherent hypcrisy in what I'm about to say, but if you can't see the difference between stalking animals in the wild -- where at least they have the defenses natural selection (or God, if you prefer) gave them -- and breeding animals for the express purpose of torturing them, I would suggest that you're observing this question through a deeply tinted lens.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

it's doing it for mainly entertainment that is wrong. natural selection has nothing to do with entertainment. it has to do with survival.

i don't think i am looking at it with tinted glasses. i actually think i am looking at this with brutal objectivity. i don't care about vick. take away his pro football status and his life background can be no more opposite than how i was brought up.

let me turn this debate around. say had a co-employee  who was really good with computers and did what vick did and went to jail for it. that person wanted to start a new life after coming out. what is wrong with him working again in a field where he excels? other than that blemish on his criminal record, which is unrelated to his work, there is no logical reason why he should be kept from earning an honest living. the only people who will want to keep him from living a normal life are people who are wearing tinted glasses over this issue, which i stress again is unrelated to his livelihood.

this is very different from letting a known child molester work in a school... or letting a person with multiple DUIs earn a living by driving (a schoolbus, a taxi, a public transport bus, it does not matter). i would even argue that the people who perpetuated the banking practices that led to this economic downturn should never work in any industry that involves movement on wealth.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]What? You compared people eating food and killing animals to torturing dogs for entertainment purposes. I asked you how it was the same thing.

you're missing the points i am trying to make...my bad, i was cryptic.

1) i actually think that hurting, moreso killing, animals for entertainment is wrong... period, regardless of how it's done. i do not see what he did as any worse than hunting for entertainment, from a right or wrong perspective. society's acceptance of hunting while rejecting what he did is inconsistent, borderline hypocritical.

2) another point of inconsistency: many of us here are getting mad over the fines on the hard hits, that we all know can be very damaging to the players. when you step back, everyone knows that every hit brings the risk of paralysis. then there's the long term effect of concussions. truth is we are entertained by people doing something potentially very damaging to other people.

i do no buy the argument that this is different from dog fighting becasue the players know the risk. we do not really understand the risk of concussion and how the risk has gone up over the years as players get faster and bigger. the players are agreeing to playing out of ignorance. and many of us here actually do not even care to know what those long term effects are becasue we love this game so much, we do not want things to change.

with 1 and 2 above, i just think all this hysterical reaction is overreaction. i'd rather see people getting hysterical about senseless things that people do to other people.

3) then there is the illegality of what he did. but for that he did his time. sure he may have gotten a different treatment by other people inside just because he is vick, at the end of the day he took his medicine. and he still had to make hard choices after coming out. i don't know by how much, but he likely has had to let go of people he cares about (bad people or not).

i am not saying you have to like him as a person. i just think that saying he should not be allowed to live his life or play football after doing time is illogical.
    what he does for a living now has nothing to do with his "sins". this is not at a case of a sex offender being allowed to work in an environment that increases the risk of him re-offending.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReddsGhost. Show ReddsGhost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to THOUGHTS ON THE REDEMPTION OF MICHAEL VICK.... ON RIGHT TRACK? : Dog fighting wasn't outlawed in America until 1976 and was even sponsored nationally by the kennel association, but it's history is still prevalent in the US, especially Latin America and world wide. It's not just a cultural, read: black thing like some of you hint at, it's practiced by all colors, net worth and nationalities. I'm not an apologist for Vick, there are extenuating circumstances for what I will forgive. He's paid his debt to society, was given an opportunity to work again and from all appearances seems determined to redeem himself. One final note, if there is any doubt as to how prevalent dog fighting is in the US or worldwide take a look at the film Amores Perros! Don't say I didn't warn you.
    Posted by paob[/QUOTE]

So, what's your point? That dogfighting is prevalent? So was slavery at one time. So are drugs today. Because they are prevalent we should condone them?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THOUGHTS ON THE REDEMPTION OF MICHAEL VICK.... ON RIGHT TRACK? : wow killa, you may have to build a commune somewhere for what you so regrettably describe is called LIFE! PEOPLE LOVE and respect second acts. look at ali,  he was once ranked LESS than vick by many in this country for standing you against the draft, changing his name and announcing theat he was a blak muslim while "palling around with folks like farrakhan, and malcolm x and elijah mohummad". faCt is most have come around on ali the boxer even if they call him a marxist-communist behind his back.  we must separate vick the private man with demons and vick the football player. right now he is arguably the GREATEST weapon in the history of the game. right now he is the best player in the game bar none, and right now he is as unstoppable a force the game has ever had. eags better be putting away 100 mil right now for at least 5 teams will be lining up to do so (redskins.. due to snyder's infatuation with the hottest thing out there, bills, bengals, carolina, jacksonville, houston, raiders, dolphins, san fran, lions, seattle, cards,minny).  oh yep, if he stays upright, vick is your MVP... hands down. bark and chew on that!
    Posted by KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Wow did you just compare Ali and Vick, seriously? One fought for equal rights and fought against a war he found unjust. The other Tortured helpless animals for fun and sport. There is no comparison and you can't justify it because he's a great athlete regardless if he won 5 SB's in a row or has never even been to one. Seriously man don't compare what Ali did to what Vick did you're disgracing Ali

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Bubb he might set up a foundation to stop animal cruelty but do you really think he is doing it cause he knows it was wrong or to simply play the "look at me I am reformed" card? Its all a PR thing man IMO and like I have said if he was not caught he would still be doing it right now. He only stopped cause he was found out. And koolaide I more then anyone would love to keep religion and the likes of Jesus out of this conversation but you sir brought it into the conversation. You opened the door. Go back to page one bro I have been debating this with you since day one cause YOU opened the door to this being some kind of religious thing. I agree you should have never brought it up and from this point forward if you down bring it up or anyone else for that matter I wont either. It seems simple to me, some people think he can redeem himself by playing football and playing great. Some people think if he says the right things why not forgive him. And other people are jaded if you will and dont buy everything he is selling. I dont care if he scores 10 TDs a game all by himself he shouldn't be allowed to even play. I coach kids I hear what they think, what this whole Vick story has done is make kids think as long as you have talent and can play football you can do horrible things and its ok. Kids today are already jaded to this kind of thing with their sexting and what not. Posting a gay kids gayness on utube and thinking its funny to out him. And now they see the NFL saying its ok to do horrible things so long as you have talent. And then the media plays it up and only talks about how great it is he is redeeming himself and never showing the other side of that coin. The next generation of college kids are going to ruin pro football and it started with this kind of stuff. Just wait.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]seriously, what different does it make, what his intentions are? who are we to make that call for anyone... sure most humane dog groups wont be complaining about his big check.  long as he is leading and doing the righgt things, y care WHY he does so. y do we, you and others make the "charitable" choices we do now? self-interest is always a good thing. u can view it narrowly or in a bigger vick pic. i think this guy gets it!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Funny thing, while growing up Catholic and being forced to go to confession  many times, I never once remember my Priest telling me; Son, now for your penance, I want you to go out and play 16 games of Football and your sins will be forgiven. Never!
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

why'd you go there, man? ...the priest would say pay whatever price the law states and then live a life away from your transgression. you should also remember that you are not to judge.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Yup but with the media and the NFL only spinning one side of the coin he will become a "comeback story". It makes me not want to watch the NFL but I love it too much so I deal with it. Who knows, maybe once I have my kid I will change my mind cause I know I dont want my kid watching a sport where the condone people like Vick and Big Ben and try and sweep things under the rug so that scum bags can be viewed as good guys.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]wow killa, you may have to build a commune somewhere for what you so regrettably describe is called LIFE! PEOPLE LOVE and respect second acts. look at ali,  he was once ranked LESS than vick by many in this country for standing you against the draft, changing his name and announcing theat he was a blak muslim while "palling around with folks like farrakhan, and malcolm x and elijah mohummad". faCt is most have come around on ali the boxer even if they call him a marxist-communist behind his back.  we must separate vick the private man with demons and vick the football player. right now he is arguably the GREATEST weapon in the history of the game. right now he is the best player in the game bar none, and right now he is as unstoppable a force the game has ever had. eags better be putting away 100 mil right now for at least 5 teams will be lining up to do so (redskins.. due to snyder's infatuation with the hottest thing out there, bills, bengals, carolina, jacksonville, houston, raiders, dolphins, san fran, lions, seattle, cards,minny).  oh yep, if he stays upright, vick is your MVP... hands down. bark and chew on that!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THOUGHTS ON THE REDEMPTION OF MICHAEL VICK.... ON RIGHT TRACK? : So, what's your point? That dogfighting is prevalent? So was slavery at one time. So are drugs today. Because they are prevalent we should condone them?
    Posted by ReddsGhost[/QUOTE]

That's what I was going to ask.

The people who try to rationalize torture are f'ed up.  Domesitcated pets aren't terrorists here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

What?

You compared people eating food and killing animals to torturing dogs for entertainment purposes.

I asked you how it was the same thing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReddsGhost. Show ReddsGhost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THOUGHTS ON THE REDEMPTION OF MICHAEL VICK.... ON RIGHT TRACK? : What's my point? I have to spell it out for you, ok...Dog fighting and drug use in society are prevalent, period it's done everywhere and anywhere. I'm black and for you to even mention slavery in a discussion with dog fighting is offensive and stupid. Did I drop any hints that I condoned Vick's actions, or couldn't you see that in my post either.
    Posted by paob[/QUOTE]

So all of this is just to state that dog fighting is prevalent? That was your point?
    What does the World Wide Dog Fighting league ( the WWDF) and it's prevalence have to do with Vick adopting a LIFESTYLE even though he KNEW he had MILLIONS to lose?
    And stop with the "I'm black" and offended comments. It wasn't stupid to include dog fighting, slavery , drug use, child slavery etc because they are ALL worldwide.
    Your Great-great-great Grandpappy MAY have been a slave but fairly sure YOU weren't!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Well, I have to agree with Killa on this. His actions were horrendous, and paying a huge fine plus a few months in jail seems lienient to me. Had I been the commisioner I would have given him a 25 year ban. If he could make a team at 55 good luck! But that being said, I do agree he's been a surprize to me on the field. I guess now he's not hanging out with his felon buddies he has time to study film and practice. I don't know that he could ever do enough to "erase" his deeds of the past in my book. If there is a God (I believe, but respect those who do not), then forgiveness is his call. But I still would not want him associated with the Patriots, however good he may play. He's a FA after this season, and if he does get a big payday I would hope he'd set up some sort of foundation for preventing animal cruelty. Perhaps he will. But love him or hate him, he did smoke the Skins last weekend! We'll see how he does against a Giants defense still stinging from the loss to the Boys!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]bub man, great perspective... ultimately right now its about the redemption OF him as the football player not necessarily with him off the field. still, no way he gets to where he is now as a playa if not simcerely changing things in private. sure many here would have said the same things when ali finally got reinstated to box. how did that one turn out? his actions on the field tell me a lot more about vick the man than any talking could communicate. i think we are all better if a guy like this succeeds. goodell has ruled on his side, its time for some of you to accept that and a way into the present of TODAY.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THOUGHTS ON THE REDEMPTION OF MICHAEL VICK.... ON RIGHT TRACK? : You're mistaken. Running a red light when a policeman is behind you is a dumb decision. Vick led a LIFESTYLE! In other words he made THOUSANDS of dumb decisions! Buy a piece of property for illegal dogfighting? Dumb decision (hereafter DD). Purchasing a dog? DD. Purchasing another dog? DD. Showing up at a dogfight? DD. Showing up at another one tomorrow? DD. Placing a bet of them? DD. Traveling to variouys arena's to fight them? DD. Allowing your cousin to deal drugs out of the kennels that held dogs? DD. See, he didn't make a A dumb decisions. He made a series of multiple bad decisions, in the thousands of DD ! So, what "hue" am I? The type of hue that regrets some of our countries actions from HUNDREDS of years ago but realize that no US citizen TODAY is a slave? The type of hue that tires of hearing "my ancestors were slaves" as an excuse to not have to strive as hard as Non-slavery descendants? I really don't re-call hearing any whites complaining of their ancestors being held in slavery, yet they were! By the thousands! But we realize that the past is the past, hitch up our pants and carry on rather than maintain a bitter attitude simply because of something that happened centuries ago.
    Posted by ReddsGhost[/QUOTE]

Here is some insight into the sort of person I am, as you seem to have me pegged as someone who labels the white man as the devil. I worked hard to get to where I am in life. Period! There are obstacles I have to deal with being black, I know that, you obviously don't and for you to suggest otherwise is naive at best. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

He should be shot and left for dead. Actually, hanging him from a tree like he did to the dogs is just punishment.

Second chances......ask that to all the victims of criminals who recommit crimes considering recidivisim is pretty high.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THOUGHTS ON THE REDEMPTION OF MICHAEL VICK.... ON RIGHT TRACK? : it's doing it for mainly entertainment that is wrong. natural selection has nothing to do with entertainment. it has to do with survival. i don't think i am looking at it with tinted glasses. i actually think i am looking at this with brutal objectivity. i don't care about vick. take away his pro football status and his life background can be no more opposite than how i was brought up. let me turn this debate around. say had a co-employee  who was really good with computers and did what vick did and went to jail for it. that person wanted to start a new life after coming out. what is wrong with him working again in a field where he excels? other than that blemish on his criminal record, which is unrelated to his work, there is no logical reason why he should be kept from earning an honest living. the only people who will want to keep him from living a normal life are people who are wearing tinted glasses over this issue, which i stress again is unrelated to his livelihood. this is very different from letting a known child molester work in a school... or letting a person with multiple DUIs earn a living by driving (a schoolbus, a taxi, a public transport bus, it does not matter). i would even argue that the people who perpetuated the banking practices that led to this economic downturn should never work in any industry that involves movement on wealth.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

I think you are a monster for your comments........

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dboss. Show dboss's posts

Vick did the crime and did the time!  That's what happens in America.  He served his time and deserves a chance for redemption.

What he did was horrible.  The law determine how horrible it was and assessed a sentence based on that.  Fact is if he was not Michael Vick there would not have been so  much hoopla over it. 

As far as his skills as a quarterback, he always had a great arm and exceptional athleticism.  Now he is able to better read defenses and exploit them.

Right now he is playing as well as any quarterback in the NFL including my favorite quarterback Tom Brady.

dboss

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

[QUOTE]I agree it happens here, Paob. I am not dumb.  I question why someone who makes millions would not know it is illegal and why it would be deemed as an "aw shucks" moment, considering what it entailed. Some here are saying he "paid his time". Well, yeah, he paid down his time because he has plenty of money to do it. If you did that, you'd be in jail for 10 years.  I mean, we are talking about a full blown operation here. Interstate crime, a dog pound situation, a hub for breeding and using dogs for entertainment, execution set up, etc. This really, really creepy stuff to me.  You don't even have to be a dog lover to find this Vick stuff creepy. I don't think anyone was saying it's not a problem here. I know for a fact that coat manufacturers hire trappers to hunt animals and the way they are housed is disgusting.  Many die in a cage from disease or are skinned alive. It's pretty disturbing.   I just see a difference between breeding chickens for people to eat, so they get nutrition v.s. that kind of animal cruelty situation. One has a purpose of need, one is for entertainment. 

I don't know what led Vick to think his dog fighting endeavor was a sound business decision. Stupid is as stupid does. It's funny what we will justify as right as long as it suits our purpose. 

Sections
Shortcuts