"Holier-Than-Thou" Saint Dungy as Great as John Wooden???

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Re: "Holier-Than-Thou" Saint Dungy as Great as John Wooden???

Funny that you've got a problem with all of this.  Dungy's a black man revered in the state you call the northern most cross burners.  See the paradox?

And of all places that John Wooden the man you seemingly praise could have been born and raised in Indiana, it was in the heart of that nasty part of our state's history, Martinsville.  Ironic, huh?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well . . .    beyond all the paradoxes that underdoggggg has pointed out, the idea that anyone as flash-in-the-pan as Tony Dungy belongs in the same sentence as John Wooden, who revolutionized an entire sport -- is patently ridiculous.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

I think the writer was simply saying that they were both good coaches who cared significantly about more than wins and losses.  If pressed, I think he'd agree that Wooden's record is peerless, but that wasn't his point.

Monkeyman seemingly has a problem with everyone.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: "Holier-Than-Thou" Saint Dungy as Great as John Wooden???:
    I think the writer was simply saying that they were both good coaches who cared significantly about more than wins and losses.  If pressed, I think he'd agree that Wooden's record is peerless, but that wasn't his point. Monkeyman seemingly has a problem with everyone.  
    Posted by underdoggggg

You have a problem with both reality, and the truth. Shame on you for trying to turn this into a race thing. That's gutter low, even for you. Implying that Tony Dungy is anywhere near in the same class as John Wooden is yet another example of why you cannot be taken seriously.    

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

um TP - it might be better of you to read some of Faust's posts before criticizing me, but don't take my word for it, I'll use his from another thread. 

"Peyton Manning? Tony Dungy as player and as coach? Marvin harrison? DoGGG as a fan and cheerleader? Anything having to do with the Northern most cross burners all seem to be overrated to me!"

so now you understand why I find it kind of ironic that Fausty would have a problem with Hoosiers revering Dungy.  In fact, I am actually pointing out that race isn't an issue.  Anything else?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I have a question about Dungy ...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I respect what Dungy does off the field with community service.

I'd bash him for complaining for calls so he could win a championship team against Rex Grossman, but his off-field work is undeniably respectable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

...so now you understand why I find it kind of ironic that Fausty would have a problem with Hoosiers revering Dungy.  In fact, I am actually pointing out that race isn't an issue.  Anything else?
    Posted by underdoggggg

"Anything else"? Yes...one question. Do you think that Dungy belongs in the same class as John Wooden?"...and please...no long-winded explanations or equivications. A simple yes or no will do. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Am I supposed to hate Dungy?  He was the Coach of the Colts so I guess that I'll hate him.  It's kind of like hating the color gray though, or water, not really worthy of any emotional response.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Dear Puppy: I said what I said about your sainted Dungy and your sainted state because it is TRUE!....The place is a hotbed of quiet racism and KKK/White Supremicist activity, and always has been. I just think to act as if it's not because of the higher number of phony holy rollers per capita than almost anywhere in the country erodes every argument you make... (how am I doing...I think I'm getting to him...LOL...:-)) In reality, I HATE that phony Dungy, your phony GM, your phony owner, your entire fraudulent franchise's foundation, and the phony way you folks play football, under a phony sky.....PHONY< PHONY< PHONY......Marvin Harrison, A TOTAL thug , gun toting FRAUD.       "Praise da lord, and drown a cat!"
    Posted by jfaust1954

I'm not following you here.  Maybe Indiana is a hotbed of KKK and white supremacy but in this day and age I'm pretty sure that it would only take about a dozen KKK members to make it a "hotbed".  The KKK and their beliefs pretty much got laughed out of town (all towns) 20 or 30 years ago.  Which is to say you give way too much credit to them, wherever they decide to call their home (and I have no reason to think that it's Indiana) they are competely insignificant and do not represent the the overwhelming majority of any population. 

I'm not a fan of the Colts, but I'm even less a fan of throwing around the race card for no reason.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Freeway555. Show Freeway555's posts

Belichick's son never killed himself because his father wasn't around and Belichick has never openly stated he hates homosexuals and would never allow one on his team...yea Dungy is a real saint and Belichick is evil.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

long time listener, first time caller.  come on man thats low.  Dungy is a very good coach.  not a great coach but a very good coach.  Of course, some rag in Indy is going to knight sir dungy he is the first black head coach to win a super bowl.  don't let your bias towards the cowardly behavior of the colts owner(moving the team in the night and insulting the fans) or the team president polian(cries to the league for rule changes to benefit his team or no guts to go for an undefeated season like their fans wanted) cloud your mind.  Dungy turned around a terrible franchise in tampa bay and took the colts to a championship.  perfect man for the job a great defensive mind with no offensive ability, but in indy they only needed his defense.  thus why tampa won without him.  gruden offense with dungy(monte kiffen) defense.  so I guess he is not a complete head coach, thus a very good not great.  But as the first black coach to win a super bowl he gets some extra props and rightfully so.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: "Holier-Than-Thou" Saint Dungy as Great as John Wooden??? :       "Anything else"? Yes...one question. Do you think that Dungy belongs in the same class as John Wooden?"...and please...no long-winded explanations or equivications. A simple yes or no will do. 
    Posted by TexasPat3

Why the press?  I didn't write the article.  I simply responded to faust and Pmike, and I think I made it fairly clear what I thought.  Sorry you didn't catch that. 

Simply - as a coach, no. As a coach (or former one) who cares about more than wins and losses and uses his position to affect change, I think (as the writer was trying to suggest) he could be someday.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Dear Puppy: I said what I said about your sainted Dungy and your sainted state because it is TRUE!....The place is a hotbed of quiet racism and KKK/White Supremicist activity, and always has been. I just think to act as if it's not because of the higher number of phony holy rollers per capita than almost anywhere in the country erodes every argument you make... (how am I doing...I think I'm getting to him...LOL...:-)) In reality, I HATE that phony Dungy, your phony GM, your phony owner, your entire fraudulent franchise's foundation, and the phony way you folks play football, under a phony sky.....PHONY< PHONY< PHONY......Marvin Harrison, A TOTAL thug , gun toting FRAUD.       "Praise da lord, and drown a cat!"
    Posted by jfaust1954

well no, I don't agree that it IS true.  Was true, yep - bad part of the state's past history.  Does racism still exist here?  Yep.  Just like it does in every state (including whereever you reside).  current Hotbed, nope. 

I guess you don't get the irony though - too busy with your own hate, huh?  In this racist hotbed (as you assume) a black man is revered.  How's that work? 

I love the hypocrisy of people like you who use their own hate to rail against the hate of others.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Belichick's son never killed himself because his father wasn't around and Belichick has never openly stated he hates homosexuals and would never allow one on his team...yea Dungy is a real saint and Belichick is evil.
    Posted by Freeway555

So you know exactly why dungy's son committed suicide, huh?  Where did you receive your inside information?  Also, can you provide me the link where dungy openly stated that he hated homosexuals and wouldn't allow one on his team?  I've been waiting years on this board for it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

KKK and religion. This thread is destined for 300 posts.
    Allow me to throw in, Obama $$uckks. That oughta clinche it.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

LMAO...like I said, it worked...... THE COLTS..and puppy...SU*K!!!!!!! And I'm willling to throw ANY crap against the wall to pi*s Puppy off...just because...LMAO!!!!! TOUGHEN UP PEOPLE
    Posted by jfaust1954

I actually never knew that about Indiana. I always figured the Klan was deep south thing. Another education obtained at BDC.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

i never liked dung pile once he got to the colts, the media made him out to be more than he was.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

1) Parts of Indy are very racist and were(are) very strong Klan areas. (When I went to school in Boston I saw a black man beaten on the steps of City Hall with an American Flag)

2) Dungy is a strong man of faith. A sinner like all of us with good and bad.

3) He won a super bowl and was the first black to do so.

4) He made a crappy comment about BB regarding Spy Gate which was out of line and un-called for. For that reason I lost a lot of respect for him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Didn't read the article.  Didn't read Underdoggggs post.  Don't care.  Dungy is a decent coach of the Cover 2.  That's all.  He lacks killer instinct, and wasted a bunch of Peyton Manning's best years.  He is NOT a great coach, neither is Bill Cowher.  Both had lots of talent and constantly underachieved with it.  UD, you are USELESS.  GO AWAY.  YOU ARE THE CONVERSATIONAL EQUIVALENT OF GETTING LEG HUMPED BY A RABID SCHNAUZER.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I was hesitant to respond to this thread again, but I would like to ask anyone who thinks they know, why it was so important for the relevant media to point out that when the Bears met the Colts in that pathetic excuse for a Super Bowl, that no matter who won, the important thing was that an "African American" coach would finally hoist the trophy?

Both Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy would run screaming to the nearest consulate if you dropped them into the darkest heart of Africa.

Sell this bullsh*t somewhere else.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I was hesitant to respond to this thread again, but I would like to ask anyone who thinks they know, why it was so important for the relevant media to point out that when the Bears met the Colts in that pathetic excuse for a Super Bowl, that no matter who won, the important thing was that an "African American" coach would finally hoist the trophy? Both Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy would run screaming to the nearest consulate if you dropped them into the darkest heart of Africa. Sell this bullsh*t somewhere else.
    Posted by p-mike

Haha, now you can't delete your post and everyone is free to call you racist.

Sections
Shortcuts