"How do you beat the patriots?"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

"How do you beat the patriots?"

I hear this question asked over and over again on ESPN- they recently signed up eric mangini just so he can answer this question again every week. (they always end with "you got to hit brady")
    I can't recall ever hearing "how do you beat the colts steelers packer ravens"
    or any other team for that matter

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: "How do you beat the patriots?"

You can't. Whe the Patriots lose, its because they beat themselves.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Interior push, force Brady outside of the hash marks......Get early turnovers and play perfect on offense and special teams....It's not easy, hence why very few teams can do it with any regularity

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssmilloy36. Show ssmilloy36's posts

weren't the pats a 4-3 defence when they couldn't get the titans off the field years back when eddie george played.  They had the ball for like 45mins of the 60.  worst game I ever watched.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Get pressure on Brady rushing only 4 players.  Brady's only weakness is that he looks very ordinary when being hit or hurried often.  OK, most all QB's do look ordinary or horrible when under pressure.  Why do I consider it a weakness (his only weakness)?  Because he's considered the best QB by many, and in the top 2 by all.  It's fair to hold him to a higher standard and expect a little better play when under pressure.

There is still no QB I'd rather have though.  Nobody is perfect.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: "How do you beat the patriots?":
    [QUOTE]Get pressure on Brady rushing only 4 players.  Brady's only weakness is that he looks very ordinary when being hit or hurried often.  OK, most all QB's do look ordinary or horrible when under pressure.  Why do I consider it a weakness (his only weakness)?  Because he's considered the best QB by many, and in the top 2 by all.  It's fair to hold him to a higher standard and expect a little better play when under pressure. There is still no QB I'd rather have though.  Nobody is perfect.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]
    well put

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

well, that sucked

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Do what the Fins are doing now?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Do what the Fins are doing now?
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

lol....u beat me oo it. They're getting a little pressure on Brady; albeit inconsistenty,they're testing our secondary, and scoring just enough points to keep things interesting

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOXN6. Show SOXN6's posts

Just play offense!!!!! Chad Henne is looking like a Pro-Bowler!! I hope this offense plans on setting scoring records because theyll have to, to make up for the short comings of this defense. This defense looks no different then what we saw against the Jets.   The offense looks Awsome!!!! But the Pass rush is pathetic. The Pats must be the only team that thinks they can win without a pass rush.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

with a big bat while they sleep

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Anyone else surprised with the no huddle offense?  At least that much of it?  Way to defuse the rush.

Gotta love it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone else surprised with the no huddle offense?  At least that much of it?  Way to defuse the rush. Gotta love it.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

good point.  Still would like to see more screens when opposing d's overpursue, rushing, play action. Secondary was inconsistent tonight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

How do you beat the Patriots? You don't.

Pats Rule

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

still the inside blitz, but these no huddle offense will keep those blitzes honest, love the look!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

The best way to beat the Patriots is to play them in the the play-offs.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tony9-7-8. Show tony9-7-8's posts

simple actually if you can do it. pressure TB and bump the receivers...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]simple actually if you can do it. pressure TB and bump the receivers...
    Posted by tony9-7-8[/QUOTE]

Most teams can't do it, but the few that can you are likely going to meet in the playoffs.  I liked what they did on offense tonight.  Might be a great way to beat those teams that can.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

As most have stated here, the key is getting pressure on Brady.  The Detroit game was a perfect example as when Brady's cage is rattled he's no longer that guy that will rip you apart.  Our wideouts are small, bump them off their routes and play physcial with them.  Get the offense off its groove (if you can) and it's just an average offense.  That's how you beat them.

And you're right, it does get asked quite a bit.  The reason for that is simple though, it's extraordinarily difficult to do. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogbones. Show dogbones's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "How do you beat the patriots?" : well put
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

just score more then 35 points

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

the point i was brinigng up was the anti-patriots slant of the national media- but yeah you want to hit brady you wanna stifle the offense and you wanna score lots of points blah blah et cetera blah blah blah

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Seems obvious to me...pass, pass, pass. If Henne can throw up 400+ yards on them, imagine what real QBs can do. Rivers, Sanchez, and even Fitzpatrick must be licking their chops just waiting to get to this defense.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I think by staying close into the mid to late 4 th quarter and allow BB to possibly go for a play that is a marginal call similar to the 4 th qtr. play a couple of years ago when, with little time on the clock, against Manning, he chose to go with the pass play to Faulk. They lost the game.

Monday, he had the ball inside the 5 and chose to throw a pass to a  linebacker, in as a receiver, it went incomplete. As it  turned out it was insignificant and it could be BB was just planting a seed for future opponents to have to prepare for.

I do believe the Pat's are just as vulnerable as any team to lose close games in the 4 th quarter especially if the opponent has a running game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]simple actually if you can do it. pressure TB and bump the receivers...
    Posted by tony9-7-8[/QUOTE]

The blueprint for "How to beat the Patriots offense" is in a binder behind every NFL coaches desk it's the game plan developt by the 2007 Ravens...the key is that in order to execute it you have to have the right personnel...

Fact of the matter is keeping the offesne out of the end zone is the key and if you can hold them to 24 points or less you have a legit shot and that's because we haven't had a championship level defense since 2005-2006